PDA

View Full Version : Inspect Airfeilds...

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-27-2009, 08:49 AM
WOW, I am just about ready to throw my controller threw my TV...

No matter what I do when the plane comes in to land, I flip the damn thing. I've tried just applying full brakes all the time, all the different flaps, and letting the brakes off around the 60km/h marker to stop the plane from flipping, but none of that works.:evil: Soooo, any suggestions?

trk29
09-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Gamepad or joystick?

I've never had a problem with pad. Except for when I would touch down and still have my stick pushed to far forward.

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Gamepad or joystick?

I've never had a problem with pad.

I've tried both... With the joystick, i have no brakes, so I have to shoot my guns to stop... lol, but it still does it...

trk29
09-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I've tried both... With the joystick, i have no brakes, so I have to shoot my guns to stop... lol, but it still does it...

Brake will be added to joysticks on title update that is the problem but like I said I have to problems with pad.

Monkeynuts
09-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Just use the virtual cockpit to land and come in at a very shallow angle. You'll land every time then, speed about 120mph

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Just use the virtual cockpit to land and come in at a very shallow angle. You'll land every time then, speed about 120mph

I have no problem with getting on the ground. It's just stopping. My plane flips everytime, and there seems to be nothing i can do about it. Even if i dont apply the brakes, it flips

Lexandro
09-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Try giving it full rudder instead of braking? Old movies used to show pilots kicking the tail around with heavy rudder as the plane slows. Not much of a suggestion I know but it might help.

FOZ_1983
09-27-2009, 12:56 PM
If your appyling flaps etc then your obviously on sim mode. Bit of a cheap shot this but...

do it on arcade ;) rewards are the same if you do them all on arcade or sim anyway.

If you wish to carry on playing on sim though, then just get a nice line up on the runway, lower your gear and flaps, keep the plane at a low speed (but not stalling) and then bring her in gently, one she's down, just keep throttle off, then once speed is below 100 (i use 80 to be safe) pull back on the stick as if to take off. Your going slow enough not to take off but this will also keep you on the ground without your tail going arse over tit.

Well i find this works anyway, no doubt people will beg to differ.

Oh and also....

use a controller!!!! its going to be more anooying using the joystick as many of us have found out.

JoNnY AnDrEwS
09-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Simples,

Approach runway in good time (3 / 4KM) at least.

Drop throttle to 30%

Decelerate to SPD200, whilst decending, break to bring to SPD180.

Land SLOWLY, take your time with it, get yourself level with the runway and you'll see your shadow, make sure you land with all 3 wheels touching the runway, not 1 or 2.

Once you hit the runway, dont do anything for about 2 seconds, then you may bounce a little, then break.

(Thats how I do it anyway and I've never crashed :) )

JoNnY AnDrEwS
09-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh, and remember to put your landing gear down! :D

Mad Dawg 173
09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
WOW, I am just about ready to throw my controller threw my TV...

No matter what I do when the plane comes in to land, I flip the damn thing. I've tried just applying full brakes all the time, all the different flaps, and letting the brakes off around the 60km/h marker to stop the plane from flipping, but none of that works.:evil: Soooo, any suggestions?I was alittle confused also with this level although i beat it first time through. All i did was land at the first airfield i approached and them i just took off and circled each airfield focusing my target retical on the buildings and parts of the landing strip.

Good luck pilot.

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
OK, Thx for all the help here guys, and after about 10 tries, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. In order to correct the tipping, I thought I should push my elevators all the way down, forcing all three wheels to stay on the ground. WRONG! lol. The was just making the issue even worse, so what I did was leave the elevators alone, and voila! Perfect landing everytime. :)

Axe99
09-27-2009, 11:40 PM
That's it Silence - had the same trouble m'self - the trick is not to use the elevators, for some reason. As a bonus, if you do start to tip and you haven't used the elevators, if you use them then it helps ;). Well worked out :).