PDA

View Full Version : Almost time for the Friday update!

LukeFF
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
What shall the grumbling and nitpicking be about this week? :-P

flyingbullseye
09-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm going with either the meaning of WIP or the sim is not out yet.

Flyingbullseye

Zorin
09-10-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm going with either the meaning of WIP or the sim is not out yet.

Flyingbullseye

Nah, we don't need a Friday update for that. ;)

Novotny
09-10-2010, 01:19 AM
They've shrunk the hurricane to accommodate the pilot :D

(only yoking, I'm sure the pilot is correct.)

Splitter
09-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Trees. I am saying the griping turns back to trees (or foliage in general).

I swear.

Splitter

AndyJWest
09-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Nope. This week we'll be mostly arguing about what proportion of Luftwaffe pilots had toothbrush moustaches... :shock:

BadAim
09-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Come on guys! Don't you have faith that the denizens of the Banana Forum can find a new meaningless detail to latch onto and drone endlessly about?

er.....um.....OK, I got a fiver on fire.

LukeFF
09-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Nope. This week we'll be mostly arguing about what proportion of Luftwaffe pilots had toothbrush moustaches... :shock:

That, or what proportion of the German voices should be Bavarian v. Swabian v. Prussian, etc....

baronWastelan
09-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Getting your post count up the old fashioned way, by starting another pointless whine-fest.

LukeFF
09-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Getting your post count up the old fashioned way, by starting another pointless whine-fest.

Yes, because I'm so worried about my post count. :rolleyes:

Flanker35M
09-10-2010, 07:30 AM
S!

Go grab some cheese with the "whine"..Maybe they could post a blank screen and let the horde complain how it is wrong or out of proportion!!! :D

Feuerfalke
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
S!

Go grab some cheese with the "whine"..Maybe they could post a blank screen and let the horde complain how it is wrong or out of proportion!!! :D

LOL! :grin:

Dano
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Foot size, it'll be about how the British pilots feet couldn't possibly have been that big and still be able to use the rudder pedals, they just wouldn't fit and it's all their own fault for telling the ladies that it really is twelve inches...

Bobb4
09-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I will go with either blood splatter not being consistant with the tragectory of incoming rounds or more likely the first two posters not using enough wows and awesomes as the profusely thank Oleg and Luthier for the update :)

FAE_Cazador
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Foot size, it'll be about how the British pilots feet couldn't possibly have been that big and still be able to use the rudder pedals, they just wouldn't fit and it's all their own fault for telling the ladies that it really is twelve inches...

Don't forget that Ju-88 pilot who didn't reach the pedals...Was a problem of short feet really or was he short legged? ;) :grin::grin::grin:

Anyhow, you know, size doesn't matter :grin::grin:

steam
09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Глубокоуважаемый Олег.
Я понимаю, что у Вас очень много работы, но могли ли Вы быть столь любезны и благосклонны, чтоб написать сообществу несколько строк (чуть больше, чем просто скрины апдейта) о прогрессе Вашей работы над всеми нами очень ожидаемой игры.
Спасибо, извените за беспокойство.

Translation for English-speaking community (using google translator). Sorry, if something is not right

Dear Oleg.
I understand that you have a lot of work, but could you be so kind and supportive to write a few lines of community (a bit more than just screenshots fixes) on the progress of your work over all of us very anticipated game.
Thanks, Sorry for the inconvenience.

ECV56_Lancelot
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
S!

LMAO!! Good one.

Feathered_IV
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm looking forward to another episode of the clearly besotted Eries, trying to get a game of kiss chasey going with an indifferent Tree_UK.

philip.ed
09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
To quote Imaca fro SimHQ:

Personally I think its great that people give their honest feedback. I don't understand why anyone (other than the developers) get their knickers in a twist when they do. It always seems to be either "the developers are totally oblivious to your comments so don't bother" or "the developers will be so hurt and cut up you will kill the updates".
Personally nothing is more important to me than customer feedback.
It can be pretty devastating to get negative feedback about something you have laboured long and hard over.
But I would much rather find out people dislike something BEFORE a product goes out the door than after. I guess it's less critical with software.
The developers are big boys, and can decide for themselves what to take and what to leave, what makes sense and what is nonsense.

Also, I will add that really Oleg and Luthier are just like us; they have a huge interest in this genre, and in every respect are on our level. That's why it's so easy to talk to them as it's like discussing a topic with mates in the pub.

;)