PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer co-op?

Space Communist
03-21-2011, 06:21 PM
I couldn't help but notice that the steam page for the game does not list co-op as a feature. Now I am assuming this is just an oversight, but I have a nagging fear. I can't recall if co-op ever came up specifically in discussions of multiplayer features that I have read.

Were AI planes in multiplayer supported right out of the box in IL-2? I never played it until only a couple years ago so I don't know how the development process went.

Anyway co-op is the only way I play IL-2 generally and I would be rather disappointed not to see it as a release feature for Cliffs of Dover!

Edit: I went and checked the steam page for IL-2 and it also doesn't list co-op, so very likely I am just being paranoid.

tintifaxl
03-22-2011, 07:59 AM
No coop would be a major bummer for me too.

akodonnell
03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Doesn't coop usually mean being able to play a game on the same machine (console) as another player at the same time? I'm sure there's multiplayer with AI aircraft, if that's what you mean by coop.

Space Communist
03-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Doesn't coop usually mean being able to play a game on the same machine (console) as another player at the same time? I'm sure there's multiplayer with AI aircraft, if that's what you mean by coop.

That would be splitscreen co-op. Anyway yes I just mean the ability to play with my friends against AI opponents. It's amazing how many games do not include this option in multiplayer. Birds of Prey for instance did not have this feature in until the expansione. Not that multiplayer even really works in that stupid game.