PDA

View Full Version : posts locking

Sternjaeger
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Dear forum admins, can you please include explanations when locking forum threads? My recently locked thread has no explanation and the tone was still moderate, nobody offended nobody.. :confused:

PeterPanPan
04-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Hope this thread doesn't get locked ;)

Cpt.Badger
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Dear forum admins, can you please include explanations when locking forum threads? My recently locked thread has no explanation and the tone was still moderate, nobody offended nobody.. :confused:

Read the forum rules.

tldr; Admins are gods, you can't even comment on their actions, they don't need to explain anything, etc, etc.

Usual stuff for any forum.

MadTommy
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Can you really not work it out for yourself? Really? :rolleyes:

It should be obvious.

Redroach
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Can you really not work it out for yourself? Really? :rolleyes:

It should be obvious.

I wondered about that, too :O

Sternjaeger
04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I've seen valid mods doing an intelligent work by removing offensive/irrelevant posts and leaving the thread open. It's a bit sad and lazy to shut a thread down like that :confused:

bongodriver
04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry, but I've seen valid mods doing an intelligent work by removing offensive/irrelevant posts and leaving the thread open. It's a bit sad and lazy to shut a thread down like that :confused:

it was getting to the point where it felt like it was going to turn ugly, it is a very emotive topic, at least it was not deleted.

Kano_Magnus
04-14-2011, 05:18 PM
For my part I reported this sorry example to the moderators:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=262798&postcount=77

I don't know if it affected their decision but one can hope

djwolters
04-14-2011, 05:23 PM
This is really skirting Godwin's Law :(

David Hayward
04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
For my part I reported this sorry example to the moderators:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=262798&postcount=77

I don't know if it affected their decision but one can hope

I didn't notice that post, but I would have reported it if I had.

Madfish
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
What is happening here? Sternjaeger is now banned?

Interesting to see these kinds of actions coupled with the sad state of CoD. And this right when I was checking the forums to look for the best source to buy the game just to find out about
-getting Steam/VAC banned for modding the game
-DRM issues and insufficient activation limits,
-bugs and balance issues of even technical nature,
-poor performance,
-questionable graphics (aside from the stunning models),
-dumbed down gameplay and the risk of this situation even getting worse
-intriguing moderation of the forums
-and much more.

I guess I'll pass for now and check back how this develops. I remember that IL-2's success was partly due to the community's work - getting banned for it and all of this isn't what I expected to witness when actually taking a look at how the community, customers and supporters is / are being treated right after release.

Needless to say that it is way to hard or impossible to find official statements regarding these issues.

In summary it makes me sad since I cannot always find a sufficient explanation. In this particular case right here I checked Sternjaegers posts and verified this again. To me this is unacceptable and thus I'm very disappointed - hence I, and my colleagues, will now wait and see how this game really develops before putting the money on the table. It's not that summer is the time of the year that needs to be spent in the basement or in front of the computer ;)

Salute

jibo
04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
and what about auto-bots who keep on posting fishy statements, madfish ?

Rusty_M
04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if I was banned from a forum if I posted a thread asking why a thread had been locked, and protesting against that.

jimbop
04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
-poor performance,
-intriguing moderation of the forums
-and much more.

Needless to say that it is way to hard or impossible to find official statements regarding these issues.

You need to read luthier's posts, not difficult since they are stickied. There is plenty of information about these issues with the exception of your more than dubious "intriguing moderation of the forums" point.

Seems to me there is plenty of room here for reporting bugs, just keep it constructive.

--> don't hack your game to get an unfair advantage. Mods will be fine when implemented.

--> DRM was removed by the last patch

--> loads of posts about this (e.g. negative-G cutouts and the rapid (over)response from the devs in the current beta patch)

-poor performance,
--> have you tried the beta patch?

--> have you tried the beta patch?

--> offer a constructive suggestion