PDA

View Full Version : No collision detection with parachutes and more...

highness
10-31-2011, 01:40 AM
Why something that has been modeled in the earlier version of il-2 sturmovik is not existent in the newer version of il-2 cod , such as:

unexistent collision detection with parachutes

(in il2 sturmovik you could easily lose a part of your wing when you were to collide with a pilot on a parachute and also could shoot at them) this feature is totally unexistent and not modelled in il2 cod , you can just fly through them.. WHY???

also, crashlandings of damaged & aircrafts on fire were much more harder and challenging in il2 sturmovik and that despite of its flat-panel like terrain.

in il2-cod , you can land gently almost anything almost anywhere , and im not even talking about the transparent trees...

i dont just understand why some features thate were already there in the old il2sturmovik are no longer in the il2cod which is supposed to be a progress and advancement of the whole series??? what the hell??

there is a lot more of other things that are unexistent in il2cod, those things that made really the "thrilling fun" ... and those who used to play since the early versions of il2 knows the things that are missing .. its a shame

i think im gonna reinstall il2 sturmovik 1946 with all those thirdparty addons...

ATAG_Dutch
10-31-2011, 01:41 AM
OK. Fire away.

LoBiSoMeM
10-31-2011, 01:48 AM
The "thrilling fun" of IL-2 1946 is when your aircraft rolling goes slightly off the "right texture", flip and explode?

I pass!

MadBlaster
10-31-2011, 01:56 AM
WHY??? :confused: I don't know why. I think we are all wondering why CLoD turned out this way. It may help to think of it as looney tunes version of the original game. There's lots of funny stuff in it. Try getting a cold one (beer or soda) a bowl of popcorn and watch a couple hours of CLoD videos on YouTube. It might become enjoyable to you that way.

CaptainDoggles
10-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Why something that has been modeled in the earlier version of il-2 sturmovik is not existent in the newer version of il-2 cod , such as:

unexistent collision detection with parachutes

(in il2 sturmovik you could easily lose a part of your wing when you were to collide with a pilot on a parachute and also could shoot at them) this feature is totally unexistent and not modelled in il2 cod , you can just fly through them.. WHY???

also, crashlandings of damaged & aircrafts on fire were much more harder and challenging in il2 sturmovik and that despite of its flat-panel like terrain.

in il2-cod , you can land gently almost anything almost anywhere , and im not even talking about the transparent trees...

i dont just understand why some features thate were already there in the old il2sturmovik are no longer in the il2cod which is supposed to be a progress and advancement of the whole series??? what the hell??

there is a lot more of other things that are unexistent in il2cod, those things that made really the "thrilling fun" ... and those who used to play since the early versions of il2 knows the things that are missing .. its a shameIt's not like they just took the old game and added better graphics. This is a whole new game, presumably almost entirely from scratch. In my opinion this game is much better than 1946 is; it just needs a lot of polish. The game underneath is fantastic and quite honestly the flight/damage/engine models make 1946 feel like a toy by comparison.

salmo
10-31-2011, 02:32 AM
I believe that much of the COD functionality such as collision detection (trees, parachutes etc) has been turned off by the developers to minimise game freezes & stutters. I hope they turn collisions on again in the next update.

robtek
10-31-2011, 09:44 AM
BTW, harder is NOT always more realistic!!!!!

Martin77
10-31-2011, 12:12 PM
I have il2 original still on my disk but since this game came out i played it only ONE time. I dont know but compare to dover the flying is..boring.
The setup of your ammo and the cem and more things make the differrent for me.
And with the parachutes hmm i had no problem with it because i dont shoot on helpless people on parachutes or flying through them^^
the trees okay ive heard they working on it and i think we all fly at high altitudes so the no existent collision is not a think i notice so often.
I love this game and and when time comes by im sure this game will implement more and more good thinks im loooking forward it