PDA

View Full Version : Game crash, I think.

Spudman
02-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I just discovered a problem while I was playing the third single mission for the Hs-129; I'll be flying along and for no apparent reason the screen will jump strait to my desktop. Il-2 won't even be running, it's not even minimized. It's just closed down. And the other thing that was interesting, was the desktop was stretched. my icons are a little wider, the desktop image is wider and any icons that I have on the right side of my screen disappear off of the right side of the screen to the point that I can't see them. Also, when I'm selecting different gun pods for the Hs-129, the Mk 101 and the Mk 103 gun pods don't appear on the aircraft in the customization page. Has anyone seen this, or had this problem? I haven't noticed this with any other plane or mission so far.

Aviar
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I reported the gunpods not in the picture a few days ago. It has to be that way.

Aviar

swiss
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Do you use a different resolution than native for il2?

Pfeil
02-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Did you apply the Beta Hotfix? There's a bug in 4.11 causing IL2 to crash.

Find it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039), bottom of the first post.

DKoor
02-11-2012, 07:06 AM
I also had several crashes in Campaign mode.
Not related to DGen but rather some random error.
Also game creates those hs_err_pid1000.log files.

Spudman
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Do you use a different resolution than native for il2?

No, I don't think so. I have all of my settings as high as they'll go. I've never had this problem before the new patch.

Spudman
02-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Did you apply the Beta Hotfix? There's a bug in 4.11 causing IL2 to crash.

Find it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039), bottom of the first post.

I thought that I did have it patched. That Hotfix file is in my main IL-2 folder, but it's still doing the same thing. Maybe I didn't place the file in the proper place.

Aviar
02-16-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm assuming you unzipped the Hotfix file and then took the uncompressed file and placed it in your IL-2 folder. Then, simply overwrite the existing file. (You are copying the new file over the old file.)

Aviar

Spudman
02-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm assuming you unzipped the Hotfix file and then took the uncompressed file and placed it in your IL-2 folder. Then, simply overwrite the existing file. (You are copying the new file over the old file.)

Aviar

There's nothing to unzip. It's just a file, not a folder. I can't unzip it.

Aviar
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
If you got the Hotfix from this site, it comes as a rar file....which needs to be uncompressed. A rar file is just like a Zip file...just a different format. (I hope you didn't just put the rar file in your IL-2 folder and think that's going to work.)

If you didn't get the Hotfix from this site then that's another story.

Aviar