PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster hotas, throttle deadzone ?

MV-IXIUS
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Howdy folks, first post from me :grin:

So i have read many post's regarding the deadzone on the thrustmaster hotas joystick, but i didn't let it deter me from buying one £25 from argos bargain, it's a lot bigger than i thought it would be and it feels good in the hand :cool: but i digress, on mine the deadzone doesn't seem to be just on the stick part, the throttle suffers from it too, i can move the throttle quite a long way before anything registers.

So what i want to know is my stick faulty or do they all suffer from this ?

I am really enjoying the game, it's just a shame that the joystick they advertise in the manual doesn't work properly :(

Pup
09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Yep, have only tried the demo so far though, as I am still waiting for my pre-order to arrive, but I detailed the same problem here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8616&page=30#295).

manintrees
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I also experience deadzones on the throttle as well as the stick. I really hope these deadzones can be fixed via DLC as the thrustmaster HOTAS is a great flight stick overall. My only complaint with the stick itself is that there is not enough tention on the throttle and it makes for sloppy engine adjustment (imo). Other than that minor complaint I REALLY like the HOTAS.

MV-IXIUS
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Ahh thanks for that, good to know that it's not an isolated issue, and my stick is not faulty :grin: but bad that it's happening in the first place :(

Your link reminded me of the difficulty that is braking, have you found a way round this ? i just go round in circles waiting for it to come to a stop :evil:

rufuzmitchell
09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah,the deadzone on the T master for throttle and stick should be adressed. I'm hoping that Anton's announcement will be about a patch/update for it (sliders would help).

Other than that,i really love flying stick,but i could imagine being at a disadvantage in MP.

FilthyPrick
09-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Howdy folks, first post from me :grin:

So i have read many post's regarding the deadzone on the thrustmaster hotas joystick, but i didn't let it deter me from buying one £25 from argos bargain, it's a lot bigger than i thought it would be and it feels good in the hand :cool: but i digress, on mine the deadzone doesn't seem to be just on the stick part, the throttle suffers from it too, i can move the throttle quite a long way before anything registers.

So what i want to know is my stick faulty or do they all suffer from this ?

I am really enjoying the game, it's just a shame that the joystick they advertise in the manual doesn't work properly :(

Yep, a common problem - but I thinkyou will find the limited hat-stick a far greater issue when playing on Sim as you cannot check your six!! This means you are forced to use the virtual cockpit to have any chance in a fight.