Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Friday 2010-09-24 Dev. update and Discussion (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16627)

philip.ed 09-24-2010 05:58 PM

The damage on the Heinkel, in particular in the cockpit, doesn't look like .303 hits to me....
does anyone else agree? Considering the placement of the Hurri, I'd imagine that it made the damage.

major_setback 09-24-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avimimus (Post 184343)
I doubt it has changed. The free 4.10 patch for Il-2 has this feature btw.

This is the second time I heard a reference to this patch. Have I missed something? Did 4.10 come out when I was away on holiday?

Splitter 09-24-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldschool61 (Post 184350)
Ive been harping on that as well. Some people think its more immersive to see an empty cockpit. Or claim its more important to be able to see a non important gauge.

As long as I can turn off the image of the virtual pilot, then fine :). I fall into the category of "some people" in that I don't want to see my virtual hands and feet. Plus, I'm not sure any gauges are insignificant.

No way SoW will be able to model size 14 shoes anyway!

Splitter

Robert 09-24-2010 06:20 PM

Best of luck in the move Mr. Maddox. More importantly, I hope things at home improve. In the scheme of things, despite the great comment about the closeness to the finished project, home takes precedence.

I know some schmoo posting on an anonymous forum doesn't add a lot of weight behind well wishing because of the anonymity, but you've brought a lot of entertainment and increased the desire for knowledge in an unknown portion of WW2. So while we aren't personal friends, your 'relation to the sim community' is an important one. Your communications have fueled a commitment to 1C/Maddox, your creation and community members.

Take care and I'll continue to hope for a great outcome for your home. To me that's more important than light effects, serial numbers and game release dates.

Peffi 09-24-2010 06:25 PM

Fixing some bugs, last tweaking, copying the DVD's, sending it out to the world. End of November I guess. I hope 1C will make some sort of copyprotection. Even though we on this forum will pay for Sow Bob, there are unfortunately many idiots that will try to copy it.

mazex 09-24-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speculum jockey (Post 184318)
I know what tracers look like, I've posted a few vids in another thread. It's not how they look, it's that they look really fake when they are perfectly lined up beside each other. MG's will not sync up like that, but every pic I've seen of them have them lines up in pairs like a tie-fighter from star wars.

It's not that they look like lasers, it's that they are moving in perfect pairs.

http://i53.tinypic.com/ojf4fm.jpg

MG's do not stay in synch since there will always be one that starts firing first, or one that has a slightly higher rate of fire.

OK, sorry for the scramble then ;) I agree that the definitely should be more out of sync, as long as you don't say they should zig-zag "like they do in the gun cam movies" :)

swiss 09-24-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rall (Post 184322)
I have one suggestion. I think that when your sitting in the cockpit you should be able to look down and see the pilots legs, feet, right arm with hand on stick and left arm with hand on throttle.

It's just not right to look down & see nothing. Am I right?

Great update by the way!

no, you're not.

swiss 09-24-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugen (Post 184345)
I instantly had this one in mind when i red your post :grin:

I seriously hesitated to click that link, when I read your post. lol

mazex 09-24-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiss (Post 184319)
unless those are indeed lasers, you'll have to add the speed of the airplane which is firing them.

I was thinking of that while doing the math example but I was a bit unsure about the actual "speed limit" of a normal "non sub calibre" bullet, ie if the bullet has a built in problem with aerodynamic compression etc that makes 1000-1100 m/s extremely hard and that the bullet lose speed very fast after leaving the muzzle... But it sure is supersonic so I guess you are right!

zauii 09-24-2010 07:03 PM

Having Red Orchestra 2 and BOB next year (which is most likely) will give me an amazing orgasm.