Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Friday 2010-09-24 Dev. update and Discussion (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16627)

WTE_Galway 09-24-2010 08:17 AM

Pzkpfw IV tank numbers seem far too small but I assume that is just because it is a WIP.

It is all looking amazing.

Good luck with moving offices.

Lemmi 09-24-2010 08:18 AM

Just amazing ;-)

PeterPanPan 09-24-2010 08:20 AM

Oleg, I also wanted to say that IMHO the variety of grass colours, textures and lengths is now looking really good. Nice one :).

Can I ask a quick question about last week's update? Some of the aircraft thumbnail images in the Quick Mission Builder GUI showed two little pilots in the bottom right corner. What does this mean?

Thanks, and I hope all is ok at home.

PPanPan

Oleg Maddox 09-24-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTE_Galway (Post 184166)
Pzkpfw IV tank numbers seem far too small but I assume that is just because it is a WIP.

It is all looking amazing.

Good luck with moving offices.

All ground models are in correct scale. Sure no one game for today may give it better done, even if there is way more polygons then in ours models.
Numbers and other indifications - multiple. Uniquie, realistic. This feature is for the future development of the sim series ;).

Oleg Maddox 09-24-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterPanPan (Post 184168)
Oleg, I also wanted to say that IMHO the variety of grass colours, textures and lengths is now looking really good. Nice one :).

Can I ask a quick question about last week's update? Some of the aircraft thumbnail images in the Quick Mission Builder GUI showed two little pilots in the bottom right corner. What does this mean?

Thanks, and I hope all is ok at home.

PPanPan

this means multiple seat places. But it is probably placeholder. I wrote that this menu will be reworked a bit, that to make ergonimics and logics way better. And that to make much less traslations...;)
Probably everything will be understandable from the first look for simmers and not only for simmers. This is my goal.

Drum_tastic 09-24-2010 08:32 AM

Wow - Oleg, this is looking amazing. Thank you for all the hard work, I really cannot wait to own a copy.

You mention things are tough at the moment, I hope it not anything too serious.

Best wishes!

Baron 09-24-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feuerfalke (Post 184163)
"shot_20100921_220209 copy.jpg" creates a stunning feeling of being inside the cockpit.

Awesome!

@ Baron:
Just combine statements from earlier this year with what you see on the screenshots. Maybe you get the idea ;)

I do ;)

Anyhow, im more the " it will get here when its good and redy" kind of guy and one of theese days THE QUESTION will be awnsered. :)

furbs 09-24-2010 08:33 AM

Thanks for the update Oleg!
Question...do you know when we might start to hear some SOW sounds?

StalkerKHV88 09-24-2010 08:33 AM

олег, он наверно имел ввиду не то, что танки маленькие а бортовые номера на танках маленькие))

ps спасибо за вашу работу! скриншоты очень многообещающие))

baronWastelan 09-24-2010 08:36 AM

Glad to see the fuzziness of A/C markings has been solved. All those shots are damn near perfect in every way.