Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Friday 2010-09-24 Dev. update and Discussion (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16627)

Flanker35M 09-24-2010 09:00 AM

S!

Longevity in the SoW series as in IL-2. good to hear, Oleg. Thank you for the heads up.

PhilHL 09-24-2010 09:04 AM

holy shit... :) :) :) :)

Baron 09-24-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilHL (Post 184193)
holy shit... :) :) :) :)

Ill second that :)

We are very close now.

And Oleg, just let us know how many copies we need to buy so the future is secured for this sim, looking at IL2 history im sure we will do what needs to be done :)

Freycinet 09-24-2010 09:09 AM

Have a good move Oleg! And I hope you can manage to sort out the various problems you referred to.

I think Oleg's latest message is well worth considering. I have been following his work since installing the Il-2 demo from a magazine cd. I REALLY remember how Il-2 progressed through the various updates we got along the way, even before Il-2FB. We got new planes, ground objects, lots of tweaking of flight and dynamic models, damage modelling, etc, etc. I'm sure something similar will happen to SoW:BoB, especially now-a-days, where almost everybody with a gaming PC also have pretty high-speed internet.

Just look at how RoF has fleshed out over the last year. I'd say we can expect something similar from SoW:BoB. I already emailed back and forth with Oleg about expansion and add-on ideas, so I think that with healthy sales for BoB we can expect a whole new flourish of SoW-based sims. What worries me a bit is whether they manage to get SoW:BoB out before Christmas, and whether it will run well if they do. It is crunch time. I wouldn't have thought it would be the most propitious time for moving offices, but what do I know...

Anyway, the screens we have seen make it ABUNDANTLY clear that any constraints in the look of the sim will not be internal to the sim, but due to PC limitations. This sim will be able to tax even the strongest PC. And that is why it makes a lot of sense to release a sim with growth potential, where not all features are implemented just yet.

Adwark 09-24-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterPanPan (Post 184189)
Anyone care to translate?! ;)

I was hope this translation is close to orginal :) -"Yes I have written that they can be different and various species. But all historical at the moment of fight for BoB"

Blackdog_kt 09-24-2010 09:17 AM

As far as i'm concerned, the title is ready graphics-wise. When a DX9, no AA, medium detail screenshot looks nicer than my IL2 at full detail, that means the graphics are ready.

I also want to thank mr. Maddox for confirming what a lot of us have been guessing and dropping a hint about the time of release. Since they are negotiating with the publisher and ironing out the bugs, i expect we'll be given a definite date within a few weeks to a month with release not long after that.

Good luck with the office move/home issues :grin:

Dano 09-24-2010 09:34 AM

Rock 'n Roll :D

Looking great as usual :)

Hope the move goes well Oleg :)

Feuerfalke 09-24-2010 09:36 AM

Thanks for taking your time to share these great news!!!

Can you post some shots of your new office, when you're done? ;)

Insuber 09-24-2010 09:51 AM

Mr. Oleg,

Thank you for the good news about the date of release.

PS: this clears all theories about dedicated website + 12 months etc (phew!).

Cheers,
Insuber

holdenbj 09-24-2010 10:04 AM

Thank you Oleg
Wow what a stunning update. So looking forward to this :)