Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   "Friday" Update, April 28, 2012 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31604)

Thee_oddball 04-28-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegOhm (Post 416708)
Thanks for the update and info...

Pics/Videos of the Sequel? I'd rather see some pics/videos from COD with the new Graphics engine....

How about some of those B6?

here ya go..and i think you will like the new sounds aswell;):-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsLvdSmKQI

Highwayman-Ed 04-28-2012 10:45 PM

Thanks for the info, at least we're not in the dark and sat wondering what is going on.

Peaveywolf 04-28-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro (Post 416534)
Update is very appreciated but there is somenthing crazy here. How you can work on a sequel, when you are not able (now) to win your battle with the engine? You feel positive and this is good but we are entering in the 14th month.....

At this point would be better say somenthing like: probably October - November 2012 but not a promise.

This waiting, as you says, is going to be really ridiculous.

Take your time, and give us a break with F5.

Because they both go hand in hand. Modellers work on the sequal, coders work on the errr code for the engine. two different jobs entirely. Takes as long as its takes to get it spot on.

Peaveywolf 04-28-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegOhm (Post 416708)
Thanks for the update and info...

Pics/Videos of the Sequel? I'd rather see some pics/videos from COD with the new Graphics engine....

How about some of those B6?

Because they are re-coding the engine, not changing the graphics.

Ali Fish 04-28-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaveywolf (Post 416778)
Because they both go hand in hand. Modellers work on the sequal, coders work on the errr code for the engine. two different jobs entirely. Takes as long as its takes to get it spot on.

ehh no. we payed them so they could have a future and thus make what they want whilst we wait around like idiots 12+ months for a fix for somthing that should not have gotten anywhere near retail market place. illegal non working game thats what clod is.

check the dev sniggering behind his desk void from having to account for himself!

aus3620 04-28-2012 11:33 PM

patch

dang! yep, too many bugs to let it through at this stage. i am confident that the "Clod" series will be a flight sim masterpiece at some point. unfortunately, masterpieces are not produced overnight.

Skoshi Tiger 04-28-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Fish (Post 416783)
ehh no. we payed them so they could have a future and thus make what they want whilst we wait around like idiots 12+ months for a fix for somthing that should not have gotten anywhere near retail market place. illegal non working game thats what clod is.

check the dev sniggering behind his desk void from having to account for himself!

Not "we" kimosabe! You maybe, but I've spent the last year enjoying flying the COD.

I been spending my time exploring the highly detailed environment. Nap-of-the-earth flying in COD is probably the best low level flying in any combat air Simulation bar NONE. When I get to turn the trees up a few notches it will be enven better! I've been getting my butt kicked big time on ATAG (Just getting my bullet shreaded plane back on the field is a major victory for me :) ) I suppose they don't call us the Fifteen minuters for nothing.

Through the help of the very positive and supportive elements in our community I've been able to enguage in ground attack missions using the Blenhiem, getting right out of my comfort zone, but have gained a real feeling of accomplishment being able to get my bombs on target and if i'm really lucky get home in one peice.

I very sorry for you that you feel you've been wasting your time with COD. Lifes too way too short too waste. I hope you find something you enjoy doing and can immerse yourself in.

BigC208 04-28-2012 11:45 PM

This is what worries me. Il2CoD graphics engine is not optimized. They optimize the graphics engine so framerate doubles.... All the things that slowed the graphics engine down are now porked. They're going to fix all the graphical problems one by one. By the time it's all fixed we'll have the old framerates back. To be honest, if that's the case I'ts cool with me aslong as the stutters and slowdowns are gone. Thanks for the update.

I wonder if it's the DX10 or D9 version that's giving them headaches. Maybe time to abandon the legacy systems and concentrate on the future. This trying to cater to the common denominator is hobbling progress.

StormBat71 04-29-2012 12:12 AM

Thank you Brother

Listen I would have been really upset if you did put the patch out with all those known issues. I just wanted to say I feel your frustration and I respect and appreciate the update, It is what it is and once you exorcise the demons that are possessing it right now I know this will truly be the best combat fight sim to date and for years to come. So thanks for the update I'm sending you positive energy and thoughts and feel this will all be worth the wait.

Rince 04-29-2012 12:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P86C-1x3o

Thanks for the update!
I hope the patch will not match the marriage of a good friend, the release of Duke Nukem`3 or the end of the world!

Just kidding, keep up the work!