Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Oleg Maddox's Room #1 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2039)

Monterey 06-12-2008 12:38 PM

Oleg had mentioned earlier on about the possibility of landing, then refueling/rearming/repairs. I think he also mentioned you could get out of the plane and jump into a fresh one...if there was one available.

Deliverator 06-12-2008 05:55 PM

Dear Oleg.

I'd like to say a very important thing about guncrew on bombers.
There are missions where you want to go stealth, and not to make noisy shots. In IL2 if you want to do so, you have to waste all ammo of guncrew, beeing after that easy to kill if enemy spots you.

I'd like to know if in BoB, player will be able to control the guncrew, giving them orders like strategic games: Attack at will, only attack if attacked, or do not attack anyway. If this isn't planed to be implemented in BoB, i wish you consider the idea. I think this one is a must have control.

Regards

Feuerfalke 06-12-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deliverator (Post 43911)
Dear Oleg.

I'd like to say a very important thing about guncrew on bombers.
There are missions where you want to go stealth, and not to make noisy shots. In IL2 if you want to do so, you have to waste all ammo of guncrew, beeing after that easy to kill if enemy spots you.

I'd like to know if in BoB, player will be able to control the guncrew, giving them orders like strategic games: Attack at will, only attack if attacked, or do not attack anyway. If this isn't planed to be implemented in BoB, i wish you consider the idea. I think this one is a must have control.

Regards

That is very easy to do in IL2: Switch to the gunner-station and disable the automatic control. If you have also disabled the automatic-switch, the gunners will remain silent until you activate them.

I know it's only a workaround and barely useable for larger bombers, but it is a very handy thing for flying a Ju87 or BF110.;)

BadAim 06-13-2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobb4 (Post 43876)
Will aircraft fatigue be modelled. By this I mean will planes lose there edge over time, slowly losing the pristine handling they had when new.
Basically i am asking will all hurricaines (insert any plane type here) handle the same no matter how long the are in service.
on that point will realistic plane maintance be modelled. Ie if a plane is damaged in the morning sortie will it be avaliable for the afternoon sortie or will the squadron be one plane short as they would have been in real life.
The Battle of Britain was all about destroying the RAF, it would seem logical that this would be modelled into the game, pilot and plane shortages that is... :)

That's an interesting question, I just read where the guy's that flew with Tommy Maguire said that he flew his P38's so hard that after a while they'd fly sideways because he'd twisted the airframe up so badly. It'd be cool to see this type of effect ingame.

Feuerfalke 06-13-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAim (Post 43937)
That's an interesting question, I just read where the guy's that flew with Tommy Maguire said that he flew his P38's so hard that after a while they'd fly sideways because he'd twisted the airframe up so badly. It'd be cool to see this type of effect ingame.

IIRC it was stated that you had the choice to refly in another plane or to refuel and rearm without repairing damage.

We will have fatigue from damage modeled - that was already confirmed. How deep it goes we'll probably see when BoB is released. For now at least it was confirmed that pulling a hard turn with a damaged wing like you do in IL2 will do further damage or rip the wing off. :cool:

41Sqn_Stormcrow 06-14-2008 11:11 AM

Do we know about balistics of bullets how they will be modelled?

In IL2 you can cause as much as damage from a far distance as you do when close (provided that you hit). I think bullet velocity should decrease with distance and dispersion should increase. What about bullet drop?

Feuerfalke 06-14-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow (Post 43987)
Do we know about balistics of bullets how they will be modelled?

In IL2 you can cause as much as damage from a far distance as you do when close (provided that you hit). I think bullet velocity should decrease with distance and dispersion should increase. What about bullet drop?

I'd really like to see that test or the basis on what you make the assumption, that bullet-speed and damage done is not decreased by distance in IL2.

Mysticpuma 06-14-2008 01:45 PM

anyway, about that 4.09 release date......... :cool:

41Sqn_Stormcrow 06-14-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feuerfalke (Post 43988)
I'd really like to see that test or the basis on what you make the assumption, that bullet-speed and damage done is not decreased by distance in IL2.

Well, I just observe that some guys shoot at large distances > 1500 feet and manage to kill your engine or to punch holes in your wing ...

proton45 06-14-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow (Post 44004)
Well, I just observe that some guys shoot at large distances > 1500 feet and manage to kill your engine or to punch holes in your wing ...

I'm not sure what type of ammo is being shot at you but a cannon shell could still have lethal velocity (and damage potential) at 450meters (=1500 feet)...