Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Off-Road Drive (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Free roam (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17347)

Krazee DD 11-23-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200180)
Ok, thanks, I got it.

I hope what we say here has a big impact. As the launch grows closer and more gamers across the world get wind of it your gonna hear a massive uproar for this. It WILL make or break the game.

Any info on wether progress on this topic will be made or not is greatly appreciated.

.................................................. ................


Another topic:

I saw on another post "Off-roader" you were saying how big the Russian off road gaming community was. Well I can say personally that the off road community in the United States, very specifically Western US, is as hard core and loyal as your going to get.

The need for a game like this is crucial to what we can see on the console in the future.

bbwhaling 11-23-2010 07:47 PM

dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

Krazee DD 11-23-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 200400)
dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

From what I heard "Editor" is only on PC which is a bummer for me and my xbox crew. But o well.

I know what your saying about GTA. We use Halo Reach for our 4x4 fix!

SuzukiSamurai 11-25-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 199112)
There is no free-roam in the game, but there will be Editor, so I think you could make free-roam tracks for exploring.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I followed the videos of your game on youtube quite a lot. And it looks wonderful! Especially you can drive a Suzuki Samurai. I have 2 Samurais at home. :rolleyes: But one thing I always search in a game is free roam. Games like Pure (ATV) etc look great and are great! BUT Pure doesn't have a free roam area where you can drive where ever you want and do whatever you want. I downloaded, I didn't buy it. Just because of the free roam. I buy games like GTA IV and Episodes because of the free roam, same with Mafia 2. Just because I can go where ever I want When ever I want. I bought Motormax too, a good game but it was too easy. Sorry to tell you but when this game of yours that has a huge potential to turn out great with a free roam, great is a bad word, I mean spectacular! And it would not have a free roam area, I would just download it because it would not have enough worth in my eyes. And that's my opinion. Europe and the USA are a great market but you'll probably have to put in free roam if you want to reach these 2 big markets too besides the far east. But besides that, the game looks awesome! :-)

Off-roader 11-25-2010 06:43 PM

Ok, guys,
I appreciate your concern,
and I will speak with the head of developers on this issue,
as soon as I know certain details I share with you immediately.

Krazee DD 11-25-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200812)
Ok, guys,
I appreciate your concern,
and I will speak with the head of developers on this issue,
as soon as I know certain details I share with you immediately.

Thanks a ton brother. Means a lot. Let us know.

dozer 11-26-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200812)
Ok, guys,
I appreciate your concern,
and I will speak with the head of developers on this issue,
as soon as I know certain details I share with you immediately.

Good to see!;)

Carter 11-26-2010 06:39 PM

This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

Krazee DD 11-26-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter (Post 201035)
This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

dozer 11-28-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 201063)
I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

my thoughts exactly!!! i am a keen offroader and so are alot of my mates, even blokes that arnt would get into this game if the effort is put in.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.