Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Off-Road Drive (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Free roam (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17347)

dozer 11-16-2010 03:33 AM

Free roam

Lets here it once and for all, will there be a free roam in this game for exploring out off the beaten track with friends over xbox live or PC?

I am taking a gues that the developers have realised the NEED of this feature to make it sell in the market.

Off-roader 11-18-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dozer (Post 198657)
Lets here it once and for all, will there be a free roam in this game for exploring out off the beaten track with friends over xbox live or PC?

I am taking a gues that the developers have realised the NEED of this feature to make it sell in the market.

There is no free-roam in the game, but there will be Editor, so I think you could make free-roam tracks for exploring.

bbwhaling 11-19-2010 08:44 PM

well you might want to rethink that option.real 4x4 pepole dont race they get together and tear there trucks up while they roam around the the 4x4 spot

bbwhaling 11-19-2010 08:53 PM

not tryin to be a prick but this could option of no free roam could kill the game.here in the usa.not saying you should make the game based on what we americans like but we do hold a large portion of the sales in video games

Off-roader 11-21-2010 06:20 AM

Could you give an example of great realization of Free-roam in computer game?
I want to know what actually you expect of it.

bboywampa 11-21-2010 06:26 PM

It's quite simple really. You got the map and we are free to go anywhere we want on that map with our vehicles. that is pretty much it.

No restrictions of a track that we have to follow, any given time that we want to turn left, straight into the woods we can do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.:)

bbwhaling 11-21-2010 07:07 PM

atv vs mx,cabellas off road,fuel atv fury gta come on

bbwhaling 11-21-2010 07:13 PM

like dozer said befor a bush should not stop a truck.only trees are you going to be able to do engine swaps

Off-roader 11-22-2010 08:14 PM

Ok, thanks, I got it.

dozer 11-23-2010 04:03 AM

thats CRAP!, the funny thing is i was going to get a sony playstation until i noticed this game but now there will be no free roam for the xbox 360 "editor will not work with a console" i will get rid of the xbox.

Sorry but you guys are throwing money away and are obviously not real offroaders, i dont understand why computer companies dont employ people which have an idea of what they are trying to replicate and what the public want!

Its not just me, every person which would buy this game will be looking for a free roam, and i can assure you the lack of this feature will make it fail.

Have fun with your crap game, ohhh and i hear that rubbing tomato sauce on you can get rid of the stench of FAILURE!

Krazee DD 11-23-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200180)
Ok, thanks, I got it.

I hope what we say here has a big impact. As the launch grows closer and more gamers across the world get wind of it your gonna hear a massive uproar for this. It WILL make or break the game.

Any info on wether progress on this topic will be made or not is greatly appreciated.

.................................................. ................

Another topic:

I saw on another post "Off-roader" you were saying how big the Russian off road gaming community was. Well I can say personally that the off road community in the United States, very specifically Western US, is as hard core and loyal as your going to get.

The need for a game like this is crucial to what we can see on the console in the future.

bbwhaling 11-23-2010 07:47 PM

dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

Krazee DD 11-23-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 200400)
dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

From what I heard "Editor" is only on PC which is a bummer for me and my xbox crew. But o well.

I know what your saying about GTA. We use Halo Reach for our 4x4 fix!

SuzukiSamurai 11-25-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 199112)
There is no free-roam in the game, but there will be Editor, so I think you could make free-roam tracks for exploring.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I followed the videos of your game on youtube quite a lot. And it looks wonderful! Especially you can drive a Suzuki Samurai. I have 2 Samurais at home. :rolleyes: But one thing I always search in a game is free roam. Games like Pure (ATV) etc look great and are great! BUT Pure doesn't have a free roam area where you can drive where ever you want and do whatever you want. I downloaded, I didn't buy it. Just because of the free roam. I buy games like GTA IV and Episodes because of the free roam, same with Mafia 2. Just because I can go where ever I want When ever I want. I bought Motormax too, a good game but it was too easy. Sorry to tell you but when this game of yours that has a huge potential to turn out great with a free roam, great is a bad word, I mean spectacular! And it would not have a free roam area, I would just download it because it would not have enough worth in my eyes. And that's my opinion. Europe and the USA are a great market but you'll probably have to put in free roam if you want to reach these 2 big markets too besides the far east. But besides that, the game looks awesome! :-)

Off-roader 11-25-2010 06:43 PM

Ok, guys,
I appreciate your concern,
and I will speak with the head of developers on this issue,
as soon as I know certain details I share with you immediately.

Krazee DD 11-25-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200812)
Ok, guys,

Thanks a ton brother. Means a lot. Let us know.

dozer 11-26-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 200812)
Ok, guys,

Good to see!;)

Carter 11-26-2010 06:39 PM

This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

Krazee DD 11-26-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter (Post 201035)
This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

dozer 11-28-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 201063)
I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

my thoughts exactly!!! i am a keen offroader and so are alot of my mates, even blokes that arnt would get into this game if the effort is put in.

bbwhaling 11-30-2010 08:18 PM

just wanted to keep it at the top.free roam is a must

Krazee DD 11-30-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 201778)
just wanted to keep it at the top.free roam is a must

HAHA Agreed.

dozer 12-02-2010 02:57 AM

yep, TO THE TOP!!!!!!!!!

And would also like to say that it would be more so required for the console, ie xbox 360 as the pc owners wil have a map editor.

bbwhaling 12-03-2010 07:58 PM

top priority we go

PanterACFH 12-03-2010 11:12 PM

Well, having played the demo, I must say, it is AWESOME and I cannot wait until the full version comes out.

In regards to the free roam, can the developer's just remove the tapes, signs and poles from the land and allow a unrestricted free roam option.

In the demo, if you try and go backwards, it resets you after a few seconds, same if you stray too far off the track.

If you cannot remove the tapes, signs and poles (can't see why you wouldn't be able to), just allow a mode which removes the penalty for driving backwards or straying off the track.

I will still be buying this game on PC and Xbox, it is a massive improvement over the previous games. Keep it the great work !

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

Krazee DD 12-03-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanterACFH (Post 202327)
Well, having played the demo, I must say, it is AWESOME and I cannot wait until the full version comes out.

In regards to the free roam, can the developer's just remove the tapes, signs and poles from the land and allow a unrestricted free roam option.

In the demo, if you try and go backwards, it resets you after a few seconds, same if you stray too far off the track.

If you cannot remove the tapes, signs and poles (can't see why you wouldn't be able to), just allow a mode which removes the penalty for driving backwards or straying off the track.

I will still be buying this game on PC and Xbox, it is a massive improvement over the previous games. Keep it the great work !!

Ya thats a good idea. I want to be able to have a mode where I can just tear off in any direction. If I see sa rock wall away from my track I wanna be able to go into free mode and crawl that wall!

PanterACFH 12-04-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 202332)
Ya thats a good idea. I want to be able to have a mode where I can just tear off in any direction. If I see sa rock wall away from my track I wanna be able to go into free mode and crawl that wall!

Yep exactly, I can't see that it would be too hard to put an option in, drive anywhere with no off track resets etc.

Would be fun to just explore and not be restricted to the track.

bbwhaling 12-04-2010 05:15 AM

now if more pepole just say this maybe they might get the hint

Krazee DD 12-04-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 202374)
now if more pepole just say this maybe they might get the hint

It's all over their facebook as well here and will only grow as the release grows near.

bbwhaling 12-05-2010 03:47 AM

to the top

Off-roader 12-06-2010 05:02 AM

On 3rd December 2010 the Russian PC-version was released in Russia.
And there is actualy a Russian Demo on website - 4x4game.ru (no details on English demo).
Well the English PC and X-box versions will be released Q22011.

So the situation with free-roam is following - All our tracks are aligned along the corridor type and do not purport to free driving.
But we see the opportunity of making the downloadable add-on, where we will try to realize the Free-Roam. But there is no guarantee yet,
I hope to know some details about this by the begining of the 2011 year.
And about DEMO, as well.

Goosey 12-06-2010 09:33 AM

I am also looking forward too this game very much but will be dissapointed if their is no free roam. Just make a mode where their are no time limits, no restrictions and no penalties on every track and it would be perfect. Also after watching the demo and other videos your tracks/trails have lots of potential for a free roam, the track in the demo with the russian truck looks really good for free roam. Please consider this feature because im sure it will be good for sales and im pretty sure everyone on this forum wants it.
Cheers
Kyle

C_J 12-06-2010 03:30 PM

I absolutely second that, free roam is needed.

Krazee DD 12-06-2010 04:11 PM

This has to be at the top at all times. the BIGGEST must have in the game.

bbwhaling 12-06-2010 11:41 PM

to the top.:evil:

bboywampa 12-07-2010 02:19 PM

What's the point of making a whole map if we can only follow a tiny bit of it? You're allready making a whole map, let us tear it up! :D

Krazee DD 12-07-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboywampa (Post 202982)
What's the point of making a whole map if we can only follow a tiny bit of it? You're allready making a whole map, let us tear it up! :D

HAHA agreed, if I wanted a pretty map I would buy Call of Duty. I get restricted on what I tear up here in the states so let me do this on my gaming world!

Krazee DD 12-07-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off-roader (Post 202666)

So the situation with free-roam is following - All our tracks are aligned along the corridor type and do not purport to free driving.
But we see the opportunity of making the downloadable add-on, where we will try to realize the Free-Roam. But there is no guarantee yet

Need to get started on that guarantee.

bboywampa 12-07-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 203018)
Need to get started on that guarantee.

Yes you really need to do that, we want to be sure that we can be free in those maps before we spend our (or our parent's) hard earned money on it.

Krazee DD 12-07-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboywampa (Post 203058)
Yes you really need to do that, we want to be sure that we can be free in those maps before we spend our (or our parent's) hard earned money on it.

HAHA it will be my hard earn and little video game budget money.

bboywampa 12-07-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 203060)
HAHA it will be my hard earn and little video game budget money.

It will be my earned money too, that's why we need a guarantee that we will have free roam. I'm not buying it without free roam! (ok, I'm so totally going to buy it, even without the free roam..but still, we want free roam!!!)

COJeepin 12-08-2010 05:41 PM

I will buy it without free roam simply because I actually do own a rock crawler jeep and those that have ever wheeled in Moab, Colorado, New Mexico or South Dakota will know that free roam is not permitted and gets the trails closed (as seen already in Colorado). It's called 'Stay The Trail'.

It seems that Off-Road Drive is just adhering to that policy, modeling the trail type system of off-roading and rock crawling - check out rock racing events to see real folks do this against the clock.

The only place you can free roam is in any of the off-road parks that has acres of open land with rock obstacles, swamps etc. where you pay entry and can drive pretty much anywhere you want to.

Krazee DD 12-08-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COJeepin (Post 203204)
I will buy it without free roam simply because I actually do own a rock crawler jeep and those that have ever wheeled in Moab, Colorado, New Mexico or South Dakota will know that free roam is not permitted and gets the trails closed (as seen already in Colorado). It's called 'Stay The Trail'.

It seems that Off-Road Drive is just adhering to that policy, modeling the trail type system of off-roading and rock crawling - check out rock racing events to see real folks do this against the clock.

The only place you can free roam is in any of the off-road parks that has acres of open land with rock obstacles, swamps etc. where you pay entry and can drive pretty much anywhere you want to.

and thats the reason I WANT free roam in this. They are shuttin down Moab trails left and right.

I cant free roam crawl out here....SO LET ME DO IT IN MY VIRTUAL WORLD!

bbwhaling 12-11-2010 02:32 AM

to the top

Krazee DD 12-12-2010 03:04 AM

im hoping the post release support is solid foe the console.

would love a free roam map add on. i will pay $$$.

FreeRoamFreak 12-14-2010 09:30 PM

Freeroam?

Please include a freeroam in this game, it will be the best 4x4 game if you do.

Take Motorm4x as an example.

Motorm4x video

TheSmugy 12-15-2010 11:36 PM

This game has so much potential. If there was free roam, it would sell a lot better here in the U.S. I like the idea of putting a free roam in DLC, I think that could really make things exciting. But I'm still going to buy this even if there isn't a free roam.

Krazee DD 12-15-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmugy (Post 204747)
This game has so much potential. If there was free roam, it would sell a lot better here in the U.S. I like the idea of putting a free roam in DLC, I think that could really make things exciting. But I'm still going to buy this even if there isn't a free roam.

The replay value drops so hard without it.

Goosey 12-16-2010 01:41 AM

It wont last long without a free roam because players will get bored and free roam is awesome. WE NEED FREE ROAM!!!!!!!!

m_irsic 12-17-2010 01:08 AM

definitely needs free roam :) i have motorm4x and the free roam just makes the game alot more fun after you have finished the main race storyline :)

bboywampa 12-18-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_irsic (Post 204910)
definitely needs free roam :) i have motorm4x and the free roam just makes the game alot more fun after you have finished the main race storyline :)

So True !! Free roam is necessary for this to be a good game.

dozer 12-20-2010 10:30 PM

i think the people have spoken!

FREE ROAM IS A MUST:!:

Krazee DD 12-21-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dozer (Post 205726)
i think the people have spoken!

FREE ROAM IS A MUST:!:

Ya, its a constant. I habe yet to hear ONE person say "I dont want free roam"

bbwhaling 12-22-2010 01:04 PM

back to the top

to the top

dozer 12-23-2010 02:35 AM

just played the demo... bloody brilliant!!!! but i know that no free roam would kill it massivly for me.

I would hire it for a week, then take it back to the video store after finishing the game.

Dont think it would have any replayabillity without free roam and would get stale real quick.

If it had online free roam that i could drive around with my friends with i would buy the game and it WOULD be a keeper.

bbwhaling 12-23-2010 10:57 PM

i second that

puppy-v8 12-27-2010 06:02 PM

yup, definitely need free roam!
its necessary to make this game succesfull, every (real) offroader wants to crawl on the mountains without being respawnd back on track.
thats what a offroadgame is all about ;)

midnite14 12-28-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppy-v8 (Post 207323)
yup, definitely need free roam!
its necessary to make this game succesfull, every (real) offroader wants to crawl on the mountains without being respawnd back on track.
thats what a offroadgame is all about ;)

ya your right you shouldnt respawn if you back up a foot or somthing. i think the player should be the one that needs to click a button or hit start and hit respawn. thats online and off. and DEF. NEED FREE ROAM

SuzukiSamurai 12-30-2010 09:35 AM

I don't think the developers are gonna listen to us. It's like we haven't heard them for a while. They probably think we're going to buy the game even if it hasn't free roam. Well, wrong guess for me. :rolleyes:

C_J 12-30-2010 03:57 PM

dwl, what did you find?

bboywampa 12-30-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai (Post 208021)
I don't think the developers are gonna listen to us. It's like we haven't heard them for a while. They probably think we're going to buy the game even if it hasn't free roam. Well, wrong guess for me. :rolleyes:

probably gonna do the same... Unless the developers decide to show their faces with some good news?

Krazee DD 12-30-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboywampa (Post 208153)
probably gonna do the same... Unless the developers decide to show their faces with some good news?

As much as I wanna say I will do the same, I cant.

Money needs to go to these devs that go out on a limb and make games that aren't for EVERYONE.

bbwhaling 12-31-2010 05:11 AM

granted but everybody wants free roam.and we are just trying to save them from loosing there arse on the game

Loves 2 Jacket 12-31-2010 11:09 AM

I'll buy it even though it doesn't have free roam, but I know of lot of people who won't.

Carter 01-08-2011 06:49 PM

ye i downloaded the demo finally and does give a good idea who good the game is going to be butt if u stay still too long or go of track slightly it trys to reset you.. and gets annoying and free mode will be a big selling point for this game :)

Carter 01-09-2011 08:28 PM

by the looks of 1c's over game 4x4 Hummer, that didnt have free mode soo not sure if developers will listen altho this game really does need it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12296

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13092

Krazee DD 01-09-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter (Post 210765)
by the looks of 1c's over game 4x4 Hummer, that didnt have free mode soo not sure if developers will listen altho this game really does need it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12296

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13092

Well they said they wouldn't have it.

Buuuuut they said it's a possibility for DLC. We shall see. It's a must.

Krazee DD 01-11-2011 05:39 PM

Between this game and Dirt 3 my anxiety is too much to handle.

Dirt 3 however listened to the BUYERS and put in a free roam Gymkhana!

Carter 01-11-2011 06:42 PM

when dirt 3 come out?

Krazee DD 01-11-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter (Post 211130)
when dirt 3 come out?

I think around the same time this game does. Q2 sometime. So within a couple months of each other.

general solomon 01-12-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 211132)
I think around the same time this game does. Q2 sometime. So within a couple months of each other.

I am sure there will be ridicules off road opportunities there. does it come with a make editor?

Krazee DD 01-12-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by general solomon (Post 211478)
I am sure there will be ridicules off road opportunities there. does it come with a make editor?

No map editor. Not sure about the PC tho.

general solomon 01-12-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 211481)
No map editor. Not sure about the PC tho.

i remember the devs saying there will be a track editor. is this something different?

Krazee DD 01-13-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by general solomon (Post 211482)
i remember the devs saying there will be a track editor. is this something different?

Are you talking about Dirt 3 or ORD?

general solomon 01-13-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 211484)
Are you talking about Dirt 3 or ORD?

I am referring to ord

Loves 2 Jacket 01-13-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 211118)
Between this game and Dirt 3 my anxiety is too much to handle.

Dirt 3 however listened to the BUYERS and put in a free roam Gymkhana!

sweet! The second one was missing free roam and off-line multiplayer

Krazee DD 01-13-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loves 2 Jacket (Post 211557)
sweet! The second one was missing free roam and off-line multiplayer

Can you imagine tandem gymkhana in phat rally cars. Daaaaaang.

Now imagine rock crawling in jeeps and having a buddy spot for you. Damn. We need this.

Loves 2 Jacket 01-13-2011 05:42 AM

Haha That would be awesome!

SuzukiSamurai 01-16-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by general solomon (Post 211482)

Track isn't like free roam. Map editor is like free roam (whole map).. :/

bbwhaling 01-16-2011 04:38 PM

well maybe they got the clue?and they are working on it.:confused:

Krazee DD 01-16-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 212729)
well maybe they got the clue?and they are working on it.:confused:

Well I remember seeing them say it's for sure not in retail but not out of the question for DLC or patch.

bbwhaling 01-18-2011 04:02 AM

everybody that reads this needs to post a reply

bboywampa 01-19-2011 02:21 AM

I asked them on FB if they ever read the forum cuz' it looks like they just disappeared from this thing... Hoping the'll answer me. :P

FREE ROAM!!!!!!

Krazee DD 01-19-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboywampa (Post 213610)
I asked them on FB if they ever read the forum cuz' it looks like they just disappeared from this thing... Hoping the'll answer me. :P

FREE ROAM!!!!!!

I mean.....ya the boards are slow. But your die hard fans are on here so at least check in once a week?

Goosey 01-19-2011 12:01 PM

Off-roader, You said that we could use the Editorizer to make free roam maps. What about us that prefer console (xbox 360) and cant use the Editorizer. I was looking forward to the game because I wanted to go free roaming with my dad anywhere and find challenges for each other instead of racing along a set track. Just my input tho

bbwhaling 01-20-2011 11:07 PM

no console dosnt get it.all tho it should if we cant get free roam hint hint

Nasty76 01-20-2011 11:25 PM

Hi all need registration when find this awesome 4x4 game.
demo tested and i loved that , but if this game want to be serius 4x4 game that need free roam and multiplayr where you can drive with u friend and winch him off to swamp etc.
track editor is must too and , maybe make future broken car example broke drive shaft if you jumped ur car too much in rocks and over heating if you drive gas pedal in metal long time and other little thinks like real cars have.
still when this is out i buy that same second when that is some net shop.
ps. track ir /freetrack support is nice too this game realy need 6 dof cockpit,and offcourse opened side window so you can look outside with track ir :D

dozer 01-21-2011 02:24 AM

an editorizer for this game could be sooooo easy to set up on the xbox 360 console.

Look at far cry 2 for example, i have more fun making maps in that game and going driving than shooting stuff lol.

If you could make a map editor for this game on the xbox 360 it would be a winner.

Just imagine being abolt to play on a mates created map online together, wow that would be amazing. :-P

bbwhaling 01-21-2011 11:18 PM

still no reply from the game makers.why must they do this to us

bboywampa 01-22-2011 02:23 AM

Farcry 2 is a good example for map making. But you have to keep in mind that even though we have a map maker on the console for farcry 2, it is still more limited in use then the one on the pc-version of the game.

Still, it's a map maker and I can't think of any reason not to put it ingame..

juggernaut 01-22-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai (Post 208021)

yep that goes for me to, if it dont got free roam its going to be a fail !!!:evil:

Krazee DD 01-22-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbwhaling (Post 215029)
still no reply from the game makers.why must they do this to us

Hopefully we get sum thin soon. They keep telling me they are them they forget or didn't get to it.

We shall hear soon.

bbwhaling 01-25-2011 05:18 PM

:evil:they didnt forget they just didnt do it.all we are trying to do is help and they dont care

Minikeum 01-29-2011 12:56 PM

Please allow free roam !
I'm not english, but I'm pretty sure that the definition of off-road is to get off the road, get off the track. If we're limited to a track, this game won't be a complete off road game.
Moreover, there probably will be a limited number of tracks, which means a limited game life time I guess. A free roam would exponentially increase it.

Krazee DD 01-29-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minikeum (Post 218404)
Please allow free roam !
I'm not english, but I'm pretty sure that the definition of off-road is to get off the road, get off the track. If we're limited to a track, this game won't be a complete off road game.
Moreover, there probably will be a limited number of tracks, which means a limited game life time I guess. A free roam would exponentially increase it.

Very true my friend.

Yet another person to see screenshots, join the forums only to see the #1 wanted feature is not implemented. Bummer.

I say use the"Euphoria" engine. It's bad to the bone with physics and can handle a HUGE open world.

bboywampa 01-30-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazee DD (Post 218517)
Very true my friend.

Yet another person to see screenshots, join the forums only to see the #1 wanted feature is not implemented. Bummer.

I say use the"Euphoria" engine. It's bad to the bone with physics and can handle a HUGE open world.

B-B-B-B-BAAAADDD to the bone :P

(Sorry, just wanted to say that)

BALLZ 010 02-06-2011 05:33 AM

OMFG free roam would make this game I cant imagine anything cooler than driving around with 4+ mates or you guys online. 1C is insane if they dont include free roam XD

bbwhaling 02-13-2011 02:29 PM

its not going to happen

ibanezblazer 02-14-2011 10:51 PM

Free Roam Please

These guys are the first to do this for console, and they're not messing up the experience by providing us with unrealistic physics for these vehicles. This is an amazing accomplishment.
Unfortunately, 4x4ing is universally liked because you get to explore uncharted land with your friends, while pushing your vehicles to the limit. Providing users with a championship-style environment with strict rules will essentially kill the soul of 4x4ing that this game needs to have to succeed.
Additionally free-roam has been incorporated into Test Drive Unlimited 2, and they already have 4x4 vehicles, which provide an alright driving experience (not true 4x4ing which what we are looking for). I've been addicted to TDU2 because of the free roam and 4x4ing experience combined with the ability to share the experience with my friends. If that game was not online, it would be in the $10 and under bin within a month.
If the developers of Off-Road Drive want to see their game at Walmart in the $10 and under bin, then I fully suggest that they continue with their plan to release the game without a free-roam multiplayer option.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I hope the developers will read this, delay the release date, and work on a primary release of a free roam map.
Thanks

Krazee DD 02-14-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibanezblazer (Post 224169)
These guys are the first to do this for console, and they're not messing up the experience by providing us with unrealistic physics for these vehicles. This is an amazing accomplishment.
Unfortunately, 4x4ing is universally liked because you get to explore uncharted land with your friends, while pushing your vehicles to the limit. Providing users with a championship-style environment with strict rules will essentially kill the soul of 4x4ing that this game needs to have to succeed.
Additionally free-roam has been incorporated into Test Drive Unlimited 2, and they already have 4x4 vehicles, which provide an alright driving experience (not true 4x4ing which what we are looking for). I've been addicted to TDU2 because of the free roam and 4x4ing experience combined with the ability to share the experience with my friends. If that game was not online, it would be in the $10 and under bin within a month.
If the developers of Off-Road Drive want to see their game at Walmart in the $10 and under bin, then I fully suggest that they continue with their plan to release the game without a free-roam multiplayer option.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I hope the developers will read this, delay the release date, and work on a primary release of a free roam map.
Thanks

Another post that is right on target. Great post friend.