Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   If CloD is one day like IL2:1946 then the future really will be awesome! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31567)

Mysticpuma 04-27-2012 08:14 PM

If CloD is one day like IL2:1946 then the future really will be awesome!
 
I'll explain that as I have been a long-time whiner regarding CloD but then I fired up IL2:1946 the other day and my hopes were raised!

Launching the considerably aged 1946, I set up a mission at 10,000m with P-51's escorting Bombers and Luftwaffe ready to engage. As the mission progressed I started to look at the detail that has actually gone into making the sky 'alive' and how impressive my surroundings were.

I still have a smile on my face from racing after a 190, through multiple contrails that looked like scratch marks on a chalkboard while bomber crews called for help, tracer streaked across the sky, wings sheared off aircraft I attacked...it really just is an incredible experience (and all at 1920x1200).

Now, I know that CloD has had issues, we all know that. So what I did is look forward and think of what the scene I just painted would be like using the CloD engine. The new atmospheric conditions, the incredible cockpit detail (although I'd still like a Pilot model that could be switched on inside the cockpit for replays (movie-making essential)), the ground detail.

I imagined hugging the contours of the land in a P-47 or P-51 on a train busting mission, strafing engines and seeing the steam belch from the pierced boilers. Shooting tracks and derailing engines as they breach the broken steel.

Of-course I realise this is a way off. I know we are still in the infancy of the software (in comparison to 1946) and I hope that 1C support CloD for as long as they did with 1946. Blimey I'd snap-up an Aces expansion pack if it had P-38,40,47 and 51 included as I am sure many of the US players would (that would certainly bring some money into the coffers!)

So although my wait may be long and the development difficult and each patch not including what i really want, I have to look back at the battle I fought in 1946 the other evening and think that one-day, Cliffs of Dover will bring a similar smile to my face as 1946 did.

Time will tell, but I do at-least have belief ;)

Cheers, MP

MB_Avro_UK 04-27-2012 08:24 PM

You've hit the nail on the head.

CoD will progress far, far beyond what it is now. But we need to be patient. CoD is cutting edge.

When the Wright brothers first flew their aircraft back in 1903, there were many who said that it was all a waste of time.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

McHilt 04-27-2012 08:27 PM

:)
Now that's a positive attitude Mysticpuma...
I don't fly CloD at all now but looking back at IL2 I have the same feeling as you describe here, for me it's more a lack of money to buy a decent rig in the first place. I'm a patient guy though, and in the meanwhile I read many posts here to keep in touch.

BH_woodstock 04-27-2012 08:32 PM

I believe it.I am a believer.I hold my glass up high and salute il2 series and to the years that will follow.
cheers!

KG26_Alpha 04-27-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticpuma (Post 415993)
I'll explain that as I have been a long-time whiner regarding CloD but then I fired up IL2:1946 the other day and my hopes were raised!

Launching the considerably aged 1946, I set up a mission at 10,000m with P-51's escorting Bombers and Luftwaffe ready to engage. As the mission progressed I started to look at the detail that has actually gone into making the sky 'alive' and how impressive my surroundings were.

I still have a smile on my face from racing after a 190, through multiple contrails that looked like scratch marks on a chalkboard while bomber crews called for help, tracer streaked across the sky, wings sheared off aircraft I attacked...it really just is an incredible experience (and all at 1920x1200).

Now, I know that CloD has had issues, we all know that. So what I did is look forward and think of what the scene I just painted would be like using the CloD engine. The new atmospheric conditions, the incredible cockpit detail (although I'd still like a Pilot model that could be switched on inside the cockpit for replays (movie-making essential)), the ground detail.

I imagined hugging the contours of the land in a P-47 or P-51 on a train busting mission, strafing engines and seeing the steam belch from the pierced boilers. Shooting tracks and derailing engines as they breach the broken steel.

Of-course I realise this is a way off. I know we are still in the infancy of the software (in comparison to 1946) and I hope that 1C support CloD for as long as they did with 1946. Blimey I'd snap-up an Aces expansion pack if it had P-38,40,47 and 51 included as I am sure many of the US players would (that would certainly bring some money into the coffers!)

So although my wait may be long and the development difficult and each patch not including what i really want, I have to look back at the battle I fought in 1946 the other evening and think that one-day, Cliffs of Dover will bring a similar smile to my face as 1946 did.

Time will tell, but I do at-least have belief ;)

Cheers, MP

Optimisticpuma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 408536)
The new line will work the same way. If you own the old product, you'll be able to install a new one on top of it; or you'll be able to get a compilation product like 1946 that includes old content from previous releases.

But once the sequel is released, there obviously won't be any more support for stand-alone CoD.

Your dream will have to wait till 1944-45 comes up methinks.

I hope they start on the Mediterranean theatre after BoM is done, then work through the WW2 theatres chronologically.


:)




.

JG27_brook 04-27-2012 08:54 PM

Yeah right just waiting to get into fw190a seems years away and getting to the western front in 43/44 is looking like a ten year plan

Falstaff 04-27-2012 08:57 PM

MB AVro UK said:

>>CoD will progress far, far beyond what it is now. <<

...to a working game...? In a galaxy far, far away....?

>>But we need to be patient. <<

Oh yes indeedy. A good time to invest in shares in crystal balls.

>>CoD is cutting edge.<<

Sorry, I mean shares in plaster manufacturers...

>>When the Wright brothers first flew their aircraft back in 1903, there were many who said that it was all a waste of time.<<

An apt comparison. Not over-wrought, ill-conceived, melodramatic, or overdone at all.

Perhaps I have been unfair with that last comment. The birth of flight...compared, say...to a computer game that doesn't work one year after release...yes, I can see it now. A valid comparison, and indicative of the commonsense and rational mindset prevailing around here.

Good Lord.

Ben

Ataros 04-27-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticpuma (Post 415993)
I'll explain that as I have been a long-time whiner regarding CloD but then I fired up IL2:1946 the other day and my hopes were raised!

Looking at your sig I want more people of this forum to alpha-test World-of-Planes :grin:

PS. Please do not feed trolls in this thread. They came here for food :)

Old_Canuck 04-27-2012 10:45 PM

troll food
 
http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictu...18/Troll+Food/

ElAurens 04-27-2012 11:07 PM

Thanks for the change of heart MP.

Amazingly I spent some time in '46 last night, over the desert in my P40, and not only did it rekindle my interest in '46, I also found myself much more hopeful about the future of CloD.


BTW, we really need a new name for the new series.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.