Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Development Update and Roadmap – April 14 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21362)

luthier 04-14-2011 07:18 AM

Development Update and Roadmap – April 14

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, I waited until our progress was a little more clear. We are up on here a lot, and your feedback and reports are extremely helpful. Thank you all for your support!

We are planning another patch for this coming Monday the 18th of April*, with a beta version of the patch this Friday the 15th. The beta version will be the same as before, manually extractable to your game folder, then automatically overwritten by the release version of the patch.

Before I get more into the patch, I want to discuss the sfs – mod situation a bit. First of all, the data you’re accessing was never intended to be hidden from the user, but rather accessible as part of our larger plans for SDKs and user mods and expansions. It’s just we planned to open it up ourselves eventually, once the SDK was ready, but our enterprising fans found a way to do it earlier.

Most importantly, I need to mention something about Valve anti-cheat. Valve has their standard feature running on top of multiplayer, and we have some of our own additional checks. The way it works is not an automatic immediate server ban, but rather a data-gathering and review process resulting in eventual account ban from all multiplayer for the game.

So while many of you may enjoy playing around with game content, please do so offline. We do not yet have the user interface for switching between modified and stock files, nor do we have the server GUI to allow/disallow custom content so that makes things a little more difficult for the players. We’re probably going to ignore any infractions before today, but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits. Everyone will be banned simultaneously, with no prior warning or chance for redemption. If you do not wish to be made an example of, please do not use ANY modified files in any online matches.

After all, cracking the game is against the EULA and theoretically we could ban everyone who has ever tried any mod, but that of course would serve no purpose. Once again, we do not mind you fiddling with your own game on your own machine, as long as you don’t use that ability to try to give yourself an unfair advantage online.

And now, the patch.

1. Further improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. The improvement promises to be the most drastic yet, but since it’s currently split in half between two different machines we won’t have a more precise idea of the FPS gain until later today or early Friday.
2. SSAO is optional, a checkbox in Video Options.
3. Texture manager split into a separate core, which does wonders for performance on 4+ cores but offers no improvement on two cores.
4. Texture quality slider added to video options.
5. New Steam Lobby feature as an alternative to existing Server search.
6. Improvements to the Quick Mission Builder feature.
7. Large number of various changes in aircraft and cockpits

Future plans and roadmap:

1. SLI / Crossfire support (had to temporarily halt development due to ongoing work on FPS and texture manager)
2. Improvements to the campaign engine, including a rank and awards system.
3. Changes to multiplayer interface to better deal with the mods
4. More FM and DM tuning
5. Finally, documentation on dedicated server and campaign interface that should allow more meaningful 3rd party content!

EAF51/155_TonyR 04-14-2011 07:21 AM

Errr.... February ?

Thx for your great job.

Tone71 04-14-2011 07:23 AM

Thanks for the update. I assume you mean April 14th!

luthier 04-14-2011 07:28 AM

D'oh. Right, it's already April. Oh how I wish I could turn back time.

BigPickle 04-14-2011 07:28 AM

thank you for the update, good news that your starting to optimise for multiple cores. Really looking forward to the SDK :) When you say bans for mods, do you mean things like the Text improvement stickied ?

Doc_uk 04-14-2011 07:28 AM

3. Texture manager split into a separate core, which does wonders for performance on 4+ cores but offers no improvement on two cores
Nice to hear that bit of news...:grin:

1. SLI / Crossfire support (had to temporarily halt development due to ongoing work on FPS and texture manager)
Not so nice to hear that :(

But thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing
Regards
Doc

Herbs107 04-14-2011 07:31 AM

Great news, keep up the the good work...

Winger 04-14-2011 07:32 AM

Thanks for the update and for your ongoing effort to make this game the blockbuster it deserves to be! I really have Fun bigtime playing this game and as i grow better my fun rises equally:)

Winger

Blue Scorpion 04-14-2011 07:33 AM

For those that missed it or did not understand; anyone using the current mods to improve performance such as reduced textures or no ssao will receive a vac ban if taken online.

Widow17 04-14-2011 07:36 AM

Thank you very much for Information :grin:

luthier 04-14-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Scorpion (Post 262516)
For those that missed it or did not understand; anyone using the current mods to improve performance such as reduced textures or no ssao will receive a vac ban if taken online.

No that's not true, sorry if I was unclear. We won't ban you for SSAO, but we will ban you for FM / DM modifications, transparent textures, etc.

csThor 04-14-2011 07:43 AM

Regarding textures: Did you get the email I sent last week? The one with the large attachment?

JG52Krupi 04-14-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 262518)
No that's not true, sorry if I was unclear. We won't ban you for SSAO, but we will ban you for FM / DM modifications, transparent textures, etc.

Awesome good to hear that a hardline will be taken against cheaters, thanks for the update :)

The texture performance increase for 4 core CPUs, what kind of performance increase is it I.e. Fps, stuttering?

tillobert 04-14-2011 07:50 AM

Hey luthier,
thanks for this information.
Can you tell us something if the radio will work sooner or later???;)

luthier 04-14-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csThor (Post 262521)
Regarding textures: Did you get the email I sent last week? The one with the large attachment?

No

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 262523)
The texture performance increase for 4 core CPUs, what kind of performance increase is it I.e. Fps, stuttering?

Stuttering. It's similar to the no-mipmap mod, except it's more efficient and does not affect visual quality.

Qpassa 04-14-2011 07:51 AM

We need FFB!
Thanks 4 the update

Blue Scorpion 04-14-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

I realise you cannot give specifics, while I didn’t mean the no ssao mod specifically, there are mods that already change in game textures and remove mipmaps in an attempt to improve performance, surely these are going to trip the same code that checks for texture changes affecting the rendered image. Unless you are going to check each report with the mk1 eyeball surely there is a risk of a vac ban using this type of mod.

Some of steams Vac bans have been a little overzealous in the past, because of mods taken online, and while I have never suffered from it myself others have and steam are non too keen to revoke bans once they are in place.

Oh and to add to what others keep saying, we really need FFB, I for one will not play until its included and would rather play ROF which has ffb.

Wolf_Rider 04-14-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

thank you

and thanks for the heads up on the next patch :cool:

Ivan Fooker 04-14-2011 07:52 AM

Any word on Multi Threading would be appreciated.
As i suppose that is one immersive FPS brake.
Running an I7 920 on 2.67GHz leads to 28FPS max.
Overclocking it to 3.01GHz leads to 32max.
Overclocking to 3.4Ghz leads to 44max.
Running it on my max possible with that cooler at 3.84 leads to 59Fps.

Running the game on a C2D @ 4.8Ghz leads to 80Fps max.

As my HD5870VaporX (clocked 1200mhz) is running in idle mode while running CoD at 400mhz, i suppose the gpu power in general is not the bottleneck atm. for users.

ChrisDNT 04-14-2011 07:54 AM

For the future future changes, please think at the FFF and a gamma setup available to the end user. Thanks.

Winger 04-14-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

I wont use the mods online anymore. Well, from tomorrow on it wont be necessary anymore anyways:)

Winger

Wolf_Rider 04-14-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

doesn't take long, does it :rolleyes:

Binni 04-14-2011 08:02 AM

Hello,

sounds very promising.
But, shame on me, what the heck is SDK???

TitusFlavius 04-14-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qpassa (Post 262528)
We need FFB!
Thanks 4 the update

+1

Yes indeed we NEED FFB!

And keep up the good work.

mugen 04-14-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binni (Post 262541)
Hello,

sounds very promising.

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_development_kit

bongodriver 04-14-2011 08:05 AM

SDK= software development kit, modders use it to make mods

b101uk 04-14-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binni (Post 262541)
Hello,

sounds very promising.

Software Development Kit

fireship4 04-14-2011 08:07 AM

Will improvements to performance on dual core systems happen for this patch or in future?

Dano 04-14-2011 08:08 AM

All sounds like great news to me, thanks to all involved Luthier :)

Laszlo 04-14-2011 08:08 AM

Important dont forget the Volume button!

Hello Luthier,

please sorry for my bad english.

For next Patch we need a very important Button --> a Volumebutton in the Audio menu.
Much people with Windows XP cant turn down the Volume and the game is much much to loud.
If the game runs the people with windows xp cant talk in teamspeak and fly.

To make a change in conf.ini (mastervolume) dont works at all because the volumeloudness is similiar like before.

The people become headache.

This is a little but important think.

csThor 04-14-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 262527)
No.

F**k. Okay, I'll upload it to my webspace and resend the mail tonight. :roll:

Raggz 04-14-2011 08:11 AM

Can't see any information on fixing serious bugs like radio commands?!?!?

Skoshi Tiger 04-14-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 262544)

Just to add, the SDK is released by the developers so that a third party can make legitimate content for the sim. By using the SDK the 'moders don't have to crack or hack the game.

Cheers!

JG52Krupi 04-14-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Stuttering. It's similar to the no-mipmap mod, except it's more efficient and does not affect visual quality.

Good to hear and thanks for the reply.

Blue Scorpion 04-14-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider (Post 262539)
doesn't take long, does it :rolleyes:

Before posting trying to be a smart arse, perhaps you should have read my follow up post made before your own trying to clear the issue up for those that may be affected by mods that DO affect textures in exactly the same way a transparent skin would.

You may not be too bright, and have no knowledge how various checks are made within code to check for cheats, however, internally a change to a texture for whatever reason is still a change to a texture, and unless checked manually will trigger bans in vac as has been the case in the past, sanctimonious ahole.

As I already pointed out, it won't affect me as I refuse to bother with the title until ffb is added, I was just trying to clarify what was said to prevent others being affected by vac bans, that permanently ban users from all steam titles.

Tvrdi 04-14-2011 08:22 AM

@Luthier, please, Vsync is currently not working...or not working properly...is this on the fix list?

Also we still dont have detailed sound options (channels, bits, etc.).....

BernieBrown 04-14-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 262502)

Nice going Luthier!

Im really looking forward to these 2 plans! Especially the rank and awards system!!! mucho gusto! :-P

Well not so excited about the delay of SLI/xfire support, but still gogogo

JG52Uther 04-14-2011 08:25 AM

Well the No ssao mod and low tex mod seriously improved my games performance,fps wise.
For safetys sake I will remove them,as I don't want to risk a ban,but will be very disappointed if the 'official' fixes are not as efficient.

Erkki 04-14-2011 08:25 AM

Nice, looking good Ilya! ;)

Allons! 04-14-2011 08:26 AM

Luthier, thx to you guys for your efforts, will forcefeedback make it into the game ? Cant wait to get my G940 back into work... :)

@Flanker, S! comrade, its a couple of time gone since our days with WWII- Fighters and the JG26.. :-P

Havoc04 04-14-2011 08:30 AM

Yes i would ALSO like to see a Gamma slider in game as well. Be good to reduce the bright green some :)

Thxs for the update btw Luthier

Gourmand 04-14-2011 08:36 AM

thank you for the Reactivity to include applications for players in the patches (SSAO optional) ... I had reason to trust you and buy this game
I am confident for the future of this game with such response on the requests of fan ...

good job !
:grin:

kammo 04-14-2011 08:37 AM

Great update Luthier!

I very much like the approach you taken on controlled modding and keeping on-line cheat free!

Wolf_Rider 04-14-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Scorpion (Post 262558)
Before posting trying to be a smart arse, perhaps you should have read my follow up post made before your own trying to clear the issue up for those that may be affected by mods that DO affect textures in exactly the same way a transparent skin would.

You may not be too bright, and have no knowledge how various checks are made within code to check for cheats, however, internally a change to a texture for whatever reason is still a change to a texture, and unless checked manually will trigger bans in vac as has been the case in the past, sanctimonious ahole.

As I already pointed out, it won't affect me as I refuse to bother with the title until ffb is added, I was just trying to clarify what was said to prevent others being affected by vac bans, that permanently ban users from all steam titles.

well sadly for you, you're poor attempt at clearing something up (and what follow up post?), which was quite clear before your poor attempt, was cleared up...

as for the rest of your diatribe, blow it out your nose

Rocka 04-14-2011 08:46 AM

Yeah! Great news indeed!

A bit worried about the lack of news on the radio chatter in the game though.
But I'd rather see the fps goes up first too ;)

Hopefully a fix to this comes further down the lane.

Ctrl E 04-14-2011 08:51 AM

Hi luthier. i wonder if you might consider using Jafa's sound mods.

his merlin and damlier benz are brilliant.

Koala63 04-14-2011 08:54 AM

Great work CloD team, thanks.

FFB ASAP please please please.

Did the reversed mix levers get fixed?

Phazon 04-14-2011 08:55 AM

Hi Luthier thank you for another update. The sooner we can get ontop of Clod's performance issues the sooner people will realise what a great game it can be. :)

I understand your stance on mods and thank you for the clarification in regards to the no ssao mod. Looks like these mods will soon not be needed and we thank you for acting on our feedback we as a community like to give (even if we are a little overzealous at times).

One question I would like to ask is will we see a proper working full-screen mode with this patch? The lack of true full-screen is causing 3D clock issues with some ATI/AMD cards such as my HD4870 running on the latest available drivers.

FlyingShark 04-14-2011 08:57 AM

Thank you for the heads up.

One question, what means SDK?

~S~

mcmatt 04-14-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

3. Texture manager split into a separate core, which does wonders for performance on 4+ cores but offers no improvement on two cores.

Looking forward to test it!!!

Vengeanze 04-14-2011 09:03 AM

Me happy. Been with the hole series of IL-2 and still amazed by the support and comm by Luthier, Ilya and occassionally Oleg himself.

Need better performance for CoD to run on my laptop so really hoping for this patch.
No techie but if textures can be handled by another core on quads then why not on duals? If u not gonna use that core for anything then support hyper threadin and/or turbo boost please.

mcler002 04-14-2011 09:06 AM

Yes.... finally.... my £400 processor might come in use with this game!!!

Now just have to wait for SLI updates...

Cheers for all your work guys!

Ross

der-blaue-max 04-14-2011 09:12 AM

Hi there,
is the texture - quality slider the same as the lowtex mod?

There are many textures in the game which, are nearly 20MB big.
I think there is a great potential of optimation in this.

I think it`s possible to go down with the used VRam nearly the half
without losing graphic quality.

Ataros 04-14-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

5. Finally, documentation on dedicated server and campaign interface that should allow more meaningful 3rd party content!

Please make it No 1 on the list. Performance with ssao off is great already even on ati4890. We need some meaningful online content for your great channel map!

Thank you for your hard work! The harder you work the faster time goes by. I am not surprised you mentioned February. Thank you!

ps. Online interface needs briefing screen badly. It is missing atm. Sides can not learn what their objectives in a mission are. Need hotfix pleeeeease.

whatnot 04-14-2011 09:17 AM

Thanks for the update! So I assume that this patch will do everything that Kegetys mod did for FPS and then some?

Once you get around the acute performance and other critical issues a more detailed documentation would be great! FMB deepdive and more detailed 'pilots notes' for each plane would be fantastic. Something in the same ballpark content wise as Pilot's Instructions in this old vid. vid of F6F

The existing manual already has some details and I know there are old manuals available, but I've grown to believe the performance values are not 1:1 compared with the real deal and also not all the 'clicks' are simulated in CloD. I'm having some challenges reaching the speeds my crate is supposed to be capable of and would be excellent to have a reference to look at instead of trial and error.

All this extra documentation could actually be a community effort which the devs would just harmonize and bake into the existing manual that already offers a great load of information.

Keep up the great work! :cool:

Tvrdi 04-14-2011 09:21 AM

OK somebody posted on SimHQ that Vsync is working only when game runs in full screen mode which is not the case currently....Will this be fixed in the next patch?....

grunge 04-14-2011 09:26 AM

Sounds good! +1 for the Force Feedback, my MS FFB2 acts simply weird...

Ploughman 04-14-2011 09:30 AM

Thanks for the effort y'all are putting in. When I first got the sim it was pretty much unplayable, but by taking on the advice you and forum members had posted, plus the patches and the mods, I've now been able to get it going very smooth on the on-line maps, although overland on the cross channel map is still quite sutterry. I'm really pleased that all this has happened in only a couple of weeks and feel confident that our American friends will have a polished release on the 26th. Really, the sim is so good, even at the moment, that when I go back to Il2 46 the transition is so extreme it feels like flying around in lego.

Q6600, 4gb Ram, 9800GT 1gb, Vista32

Foo'bar 04-14-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 262544)

Developers use it to develop software ;)

PeterPanPan 04-14-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Woohoooo! Fantastic work Luthier. Can't wait to try this out.

PPP

Fjordmonkey 04-14-2011 09:56 AM

Thanks for the update, Luthier!

*dons the Beta-tester-hat again* Once again, friends, into the crucible!

dgeorge04 04-14-2011 09:57 AM

Thank you Luthier,but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us about FORCE FEEDBACK

II/JG54_Zent 04-14-2011 09:58 AM

Sounds good.... i had cancelled my preorder but will buy the game as soon as FFB is implemented... no FFB = no buy.

HamishUK 04-14-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgeorge04 (Post 262620)
Thank you Luthier,but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us about FORCE FEEDBACK

As much as I like FFB the game itself has issues that are more urgent than any FFB.

I can live without FFB for now but optimisation and dials etc not working is far more important

utu 04-14-2011 10:19 AM

Please Devs, check the complex engine management also, it is bugged!

reflected 04-14-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laszlo (Post 262549)
Hello Luthier,

please sorry for my bad english.

For next Patch we need a very important Button --> a Volumebutton in the Audio menu.
Much people with Windows XP cant turn down the Volume and the game is much much to loud.
If the game runs the people with windows xp cant talk in teamspeak and fly.

To make a change in conf.ini (mastervolume) dont works at all because the volumeloudness is similiar like before.

The people become headache.

This is a little but important think.

+1

Different sliders for chatter, engine, and environment please!

steveg 04-14-2011 10:25 AM

question: is running the texture manager on a seperate core the same change which was previously described as moving graphical rendering to a seperate core ?

Moggy 04-14-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utu (Post 262637)
Please Devs, check the complex engine management also, it is bugged!

On a related question, are there any plans to fix the fuel tank starting issue on the Hurricane? It's a very minor issue but 1 which is bugging me.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20898

Therion_Prime 04-14-2011 10:42 AM

Any word on the input lag problem that some people have ?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=20232&page=5

MadTommy 04-14-2011 10:44 AM

All sounds good.

I've removed the fps mod.. not that it made a big difference anyway. I certainly do not want to head towards a steam VAC ban.. :rolleyes:

@ Wolf_Rider & Blue Scorpion you two could get into a fight in a kitten farm!

Barrakooda 04-14-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 262509)
D'oh. Right, it's already April. Oh how I wish I could turn back time.

LOL just edit ya post:grin:

pupo162 04-14-2011 10:56 AM

Oleg/ luthier

i would like to request FOV changer in incoming patches. not ofr the 18th, but for the next oen offcourse.

people with moe than one screen are having the tunnel vision issue from il2. the MOD who is around give us the ability to switch the FOV to 130º if we want, but it is not comaptible with view change in game, and is not coaptible with clickables cockpit.

edit:

forget th say the more important:

thank you, and keep up the good work!

carguy_ 04-14-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

So while many of you may enjoy playing around with game content, please do so offline. We do not yet have the user interface for switching between modified and stock files, nor do we have the server GUI to allow/disallow custom content so that makes things a little more difficult for the players. We’re probably going to ignore any infractions before today, but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits. Everyone will be banned simultaneously, with no prior warning or chance for redemption. If you do not wish to be made an example of, please do not use ANY modified files in any online matches.

After all, cracking the game is against the EULA and theoretically we could ban everyone who has ever tried any mod, but that of course would serve no purpose. Once again, we do not mind you fiddling with your own game on your own machine, as long as you don’t use that ability to try to give yourself an unfair advantage online.

Thank you, that is the right approach. The multiplayer is basicly what holds this sim toghether and will do so in coming years. I am now calm to know that you aknowledge the huge importance of STRONGLY ENFORCING an online level playing field. Although I think you should put a bit more effort to inform people of the consequences - maybe a sticky on here forum?

As always excellent work, and thank you very much for communicating with us. Optimism prevails.

TitusFlavius 04-14-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by II/JG54_Zent (Post 262622)
Sounds good.... i had cancelled my preorder but will buy the game as soon as FFB is implemented... no FFB = no buy.

+1

The same goes for me... NO FFB = NO BUY!

Feathered_IV 04-14-2011 11:13 AM

"...Once again, we do not mind you fiddling with your own game on your own machine, as long as you don’t use that ability to try to give yourself an unfair advantage online."

Thanks for that. Congratulations on the latest refinements. Looking forward to it immensely. ;)

LcSummers 04-14-2011 11:15 AM

Hi luthier realy great news. Just one question.

Is there a possibility (in the futre) to reset the key mapping to deafault? In any case if somebody made some errors in keymapping (like me) to get the default keys.

I had a crash, the language changed, so i had no more keys, even the default key made by your team was gone.

Thanks alot and keep up that grat work and this beautifull sim.:grin:

No601_Merlin 04-14-2011 11:15 AM

will there be any benefit of a six core over a four core Luthier ?

sfmadmax 04-14-2011 11:21 AM

keep up the good work. the games already awesome!

fireship4 04-14-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Some people seem to have missed this.

baffa 04-14-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Fooker (Post 262532)
Any word on Multi Threading would be appreciated.
As i suppose that is one immersive FPS brake.
Running an I7 920 on 2.67GHz leads to 28FPS max.
Overclocking it to 3.01GHz leads to 32max.
Overclocking to 3.4Ghz leads to 44max.
Running it on my max possible with that cooler at 3.84 leads to 59Fps.

Running the game on a C2D @ 4.8Ghz leads to 80Fps max.

As my HD5870VaporX (clocked 1200mhz) is running in idle mode while running CoD at 400mhz, i suppose the gpu power in general is not the bottleneck atm. for users.

Read the update notes again :)

"3. Texture manager split into a separate core, which does wonders for performance on 4+ cores but offers no improvement on two cores."

tagTaken2 04-14-2011 11:38 AM

Can we add FFB to the roadmap, please. Kind of a dealbreaker for many of us.

Mephisto 04-14-2011 11:39 AM

Texture slider

Can we keep high textures for cockpit and aircraft, and have a slider for the buildings, terrain, trees... and other not so important details. It would be shame to have bad cockpit texture because of corn or wheat field that causes bad stutters dont you think?
Also the way buildings are poping up and chainging details as you aproach tham is to put it simply 'ugly'.
Would be nice to have a button to turn tham off competely untill you think of something smart.

jibo 04-14-2011 11:50 AM

i hope the random performance drop on some big cards has been sorted out

FlushMeister 04-14-2011 11:51 AM

Wow, I love it that you're working so hard to meet our wishes/demands, It's really becoming a custom made game for us, and I really appreciate it!

Mephisto has a point, if there's a possibility, I'd also vote for a separate "slider" for the actual cockpit/plane textures.

BIG THANKS!!!!!!!!!

nullack 04-14-2011 11:51 AM

thanks for the update

Understand why sli support had to be pushed out but can you please treat this as a priority post the next patch?

Lots of people run sli or crossfire

Flanker35M 04-14-2011 11:53 AM

S!

Luthier, good to hear the issues are tackled ASAP. Add to this a working VSync + CrossFire/CPU optimizations = another 6970HD will come for best performance.

So this VAC ban is in effect if I would go MP with other mods than Kegetys' noSSAO and LowRez Tekstures I am using at the moment? Not that I have gone to MP games yet before the performance issues and bugs are fixed, can't stand stutter and pauses in online game where every FPS is crucial.

Allons! Long time indeed ;) Great to see you are in good health..those were the times! Now back to topic.

engarde 04-14-2011 11:56 AM

The support I always expected.

Thankyou for you and your teams continued hard work.

Appreciated.

Gollum 04-14-2011 11:58 AM

Thanks guys. Cant wait. Some items i am looking forward too most are

1) fixed multiplayer.... tired of killing ai online. Why only a few people online?

2) need cem info for all planes. Manual only has some info for a few planes... for example what is the max min temperatures and pressures for spitfire??

3) sometimes ai appears and disapears online. Chase them just for them to vanish. Dont like wasting ammo on their dumb arses amyay but you cant tell if its ai until it disapears or flyes straight when you shoot it.

Anyway. Much love and having great time playing and thinking how it will be when bugs are fixed / actual people playing online.

Cant wait to shoot you slimey 109 pilots out the sky. And not just your ai decoy trickery.

Oh yea, and whats up with the no collision / bullet impact sounds. Dont know im getting hit until something hits my pilot or takes a wing off ect...

Oldschool61 04-14-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

How will this work with triple core processors??

Wolf_Rider 04-14-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, I waited until our progress was a little more clear. We are up on here a lot, and your feedback and reports are extremely helpful. Thank you all for your support!

We are planning another patch for this coming Monday the 18th of February, with a beta version of the patch this Friday the 15th. The beta version will be the same as before, manually extractable to your game folder, then automatically overwritten by the release version of the patch.

Before I get more into the patch, I want to discuss the sfs – mod situation a bit. First of all, the data you’re accessing was never intended to be hidden from the user, but rather accessible as part of our larger plans for SDKs and user mods and expansions. It’s just we planned to open it up ourselves eventually, once the SDK was ready, but our enterprising fans found a way to do it earlier.

Most importantly, I need to mention something about Valve anti-cheat. Valve has their standard feature running on top of multiplayer, and we have some of our own additional checks. The way it works is not an automatic immediate server ban, but rather a data-gathering and review process resulting in eventual account ban from all multiplayer for the game.

And now, the patch.

1. Further improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. The improvement promises to be the most drastic yet, but since it’s currently split in half between two different machines we won’t have a more precise idea of the FPS gain until later today or early Friday.
2. SSAO is optional, a checkbox in Video Options.
4. Texture quality slider added to video options.
5. New Steam Lobby feature as an alternative to existing Server search.
6. Improvements to the Quick Mission Builder feature.
7. Large number of various changes in aircraft and cockpits

3. Changes to multiplayer interface to better deal with the mods
4. More FM and DM tuning

may help, may not?

robtek 04-14-2011 12:08 PM

I'd also like to impress the urgency of a working FFB!!!
No way to fly the usually stable 109 on the edge without feedback (as we have to now because it doesn't reach max. speed), way too many stalls for me.

=XIII=Shea 04-14-2011 12:10 PM

Any fix for the HD 6950, HD 6870, HD 6850 and 6970 luthier??

SlipBall 04-14-2011 12:11 PM

Reassuring thread!...court martial, then firing squad:grin:

maclean525 04-14-2011 12:11 PM

Thank you Luthier for the update. There is nothing more important at this point than keeping us all informed and letting us know what's in the pipeline. I don't speak for everyone but I certainly HUGELY appreciate the updates and knowledge of what you guys are working on. For me the only issue that is a deal-killer is performance. I know for sure that everything will be resolved eventually (SLI, FFB, sounds etc.) but the core performance of the game simply MUST be there.

THANKS AGAIN!

Georgio41 04-14-2011 12:19 PM

Is the issue of the sim not running in a proper full-screen been addressed with this patch?
Little point in pushing down the accelerator if the engine's still not in gear... :rolleyes:

addman 04-14-2011 12:19 PM

Good news luthier, thanks! Could you also maybe fix the spline road tool bug in the FMB Channel 1940 map? Some more FMB documentation would be nice too...if you have time that is:).

Riksen 04-14-2011 12:31 PM

Thxs! Nice to see u guys are still working hard on it, but any chance we could see a fix in FFB any time soon? Or fix the level stabilizer in the bombers?

speculum jockey 04-14-2011 12:31 PM

This is probably a ways off in the distance, but when you have DirectX 11 support built in, what kind of FPS increases are you expecting? With a current DX11 card would you say 10fps+ increases? Or are they quite marginal?

I remember you saying that DX11 would be a priority due to some performance gains due to it being more efficient than DX10.

Tenebrae 04-14-2011 12:52 PM

NVIDIA 3d set up - does it work with ClOD?

Does anyone have the Nvida 3d glasses set up ?
Does it work with ClOD ?
Any idea of the FPS hit it causes?

Thanks.

erratik 04-14-2011 12:58 PM

hopefully this will be a decent performance update for majority of users systems if it's how it sounds (more use of CPU and stutter fixes).

I think they got their priorities right so far. don't know why people are complaining about SLI/crossfire so much right now..surely they need to fix problems for 1 graphics card first before moving on.