Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Speed graphs for Spitfire and Hurricane (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31450)

Kurfürst 04-24-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey (Post 414429)
Yup, could've read that in my first post pages ago though.......

It's 87 octane model as per bug #84 by klem, but unfortunately, and us RAF are all to blame for not picking this up really, the modelling of 87 octane is historically incorrect for the Battle of Britain.

Available evidence shows that about half the stations received 100 octane fuel. ;)

Insuber 04-24-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo. (Post 414383)
Insuber, lots of us (what you call red pilots) did complain about it - the fact that Hurricane is faster than Spitfire anc climbs better is simply ridicilous and no virtual RAF pilot I know agreed on that.

It was a stupid joke and I apologize to the red pilots. Humor doesn't pass well on forums, I must remind it.

fruitbat 04-24-2012 08:28 PM

well, i guess i'll just keep on playing il2 and HSFX, and wait for Moscow, apart from the odd bimble.

fruitbat 04-24-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurfürst (Post 414431)
Available evidence shows that about half the stations received 100 octane fuel. ;)

Even if i agreed with you, the airfields on the CLOD map are those stations regardless......

Fenrir 04-24-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurfürst (Post 414431)

Yes.

Well, if all of one half are belonging to Fighter Command and based in the south and south east England then well... you do the math.

Kurfürst 04-24-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir (Post 414436)
Yes.

Well, if all of one half are belonging to Fighter Command and based in the south and south east England then well... you do the math.

According to whom..? Luftluuver? :D :D :D

Seriously, based on the availabe combat reports etc., such a list of "100octanened" fighter stations was put together a long time and many post ago. I see a lot of stations of 11 Group w/o 100 octane. See: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=43

GraveyardJimmy 04-24-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buchon (Post 414425)
It´s coming :

http://i49.tinypic.com/2nrmw0k.jpg

So yeah, that´s lower octane.

The thing is, surely they could just make two version of the spit and hurri flight model. Rather than model the effect of different grade fuel on the engine, have a spit 1a- 100 and a spit1a- 87 with different characteristics at different altitudes. If they can change aircraft individually (as they have for the new patch) then hopefully it is possible.

Or is it perhaps because it is tied into boost it might be that the change is not plane specific but (game) engine-wide?

41Sqn_Banks 04-24-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy (Post 414445)
The thing is, surely they could just make two version of the spit and hurri flight model. Rather than model the effect of different grade fuel on the engine, have a spit 1a- 100 and a spit1a- 87 with different characteristics at different altitudes. If they can change aircraft individually (as they have for the new patch) then hopefully it is possible.

Actually it should be really easy. Simply disable the "boost control cut-out"-button on the 87 octane models.

Kurfürst 04-24-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks (Post 414451)
Actually it should be really easy. Simply disable the "boost control cut-out"-button on the 87 octane models.

I am not sure if its workable. In all Il-2s, WEP and non-WEP performance were rather strangely related and not quite close to real world equivalents in my experience... dont get me wrong, I like the idea, just not sure if its compatible with how the Il-2 engine handles these things.

Buchon 04-24-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy (Post 414445)

Or is it perhaps because it is tied into boost it might be that the change is not plane specific but (game) engine-wide?

A 100 octanes version could be a fix but guess that they plan to model a more complex FM that includes a better behavior of octane changes.

I think that is a matter of resources, is not a secret that they are writing a upgrade version of the FM with better high altitude behavior and features like propellers turbulence, along with better aerodynamics.

So now, the FM code is opened and the FM coder is immerse in change thousands of lines of code to add Boost behavior and all that.