Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   @Blacksix (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32133)

BH_woodstock 05-15-2012 08:29 PM

@Blacksix
 
i was wondering...having a game browser list in il2 never worked.we all relied on 3rd party places like UBI and HL.

the game has had performance issues from the start.Is it possible that this game client that is built in to the game engine be causing the performance hits??The Client server has to talk to the game for each person that joines regardless of what server they prefer.This makes sence if you think about it. With all the far distance landscaping the engine needs to generate with all effects and such it seems to much for the game itself to have a server client engine running at the same time. What would happen if that server list was gone and we relied on our old ways of 3rd party lobbies?This could free up resources in the game itself.Can someone of importance look into this please?

this is not no little sandbox or tiny call of duty maps.having the server client list removed would even help with bandwidth.who needs it if it does not have the features we need?

can a dev look into this please... thank you.

Dowly 05-15-2012 08:44 PM

You REALLY want people to use HyperLobby, don't you? :P

I very much doubt the performance issues have anything to do with the built-in server browser.

BH_woodstock 05-15-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 426092)
You REALLY want people to use HyperLobby, don't you? :P

I very much doubt the performance issues have anything to do with the built-in server browser.

it would be great to have CLoD get the home it was ment to have and deserved.But it could be any program that worked.the in game client server is not good enough for this community.
as far as the performance issues with client and game. I believe you are wrong. no offence intended

JG52Krupi 05-15-2012 09:15 PM

While I love hyperlobby I doubt most new comers to il2 will even think about using it, this is because the system we have in COD is much better than whatever we had in the original il2 so hyperlobby isnt as needed as it once was and generally ppl don't like downloading extra software (steam was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of the old guys), that said I do miss the social side of things but even that is being done by ATAGS open teamspeak approach...

Good luck Woodstock I will see you on hyperlobby and thanks for all your hard work, the fact your on here promoting HL is a good sign for HL and COD :D

For HL to succeed the old guard will have to show the new generation the light ;)

Luftwaffepilot 05-15-2012 09:30 PM

Agree. Why use extra program if you don't need them. That's just adding extra mess to the regestry.

JG5_emil 05-15-2012 10:04 PM

Do any other steam games have a chat function for example?

Serious question as I don't really play anything else other than the occasional ARMA game.

If they do then it should be possible to be added and that would be a start. Without transferring the 'other COOP argument' into this thread I would say that the chat function would at least make it possible to meet other people tell them you are hosting a coop style mission and let them know what it will consist of.

Ataros 05-15-2012 10:16 PM

Nowadays we can join a server via a weblink like this one steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016 (connects to ATAG bypassing menus)

I think it will take an hour for a web programmer to make a webpage with server list and a simple free chat software. Then another week to allow syncing of serverlist with Steam in real time. And maybe another month to let it start coops from this page?

Ataros 05-15-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG5_emil (Post 426135)
Do any other steam games have a chat function for example?

Serious question as I don't really play anything else other than the occasional ARMA game.

If they do then it should be possible to be added and that would be a start. Without transferring the 'other COOP argument' into this thread I would say that the chat function would at least make it possible to meet other people tell them you are hosting a coop style mission and let them know what it will consist of.

Steam groups have chat. Join this group and open chat window via the right hand side menu. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cliffsofdoveril2

BH_woodstock 05-15-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG5_emil (Post 426135)
Do any other steam games have a chat function for example?

Serious question as I don't really play anything else other than the occasional ARMA game.

If they do then it should be possible to be added and that would be a start. Without transferring the 'other COOP argument' into this thread I would say that the chat function would at least make it possible to meet other people tell them you are hosting a coop style mission and let them know what it will consist of.


Also be able to recruit,troubleshoot,compare specs and game settings in real time instead of posting somewhere and checking a link every 5 minutes.the il2 series has the best tech support in any game and it is all because the community.google this> "where can i play il2 online" and let it speak for itself.
all these years and il2 still kicks ass?? cannot be an accident.
you guys did this

wouldnt you want the same for Dover?

in this post im asking Black6 if the client server list wich is always running and changing be a resource hog and be part of the big problem

BH_woodstock 05-15-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ataros (Post 426143)
Nowadays we can join a server via a weblink like this one steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016 (connects to ATAG bypassing menus)

I think it will take an hour for a web programmer to make a webpage with server list and a simple free chat software. Then another week to allow syncing of serverlist with Steam in real time. And maybe another month to let it start coops from this page?


Do it... you know you want to. :-)

for god sakes somebody do it

if Dover had something simular i would be there right now.talking planes and game settings.asking questions like a noob.probably with alot more people online than there is right now in game client list


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.