Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Pilot's Lounge (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Mac OS X version petition (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21830)

Flying Pencil 04-20-2011 03:19 PM

Mac OS X version petition
 
This is NOT a debate over Win vs. Mac, it is simple petition for 1C to serve an UNDER SERVED market.

MORE players the better, simple enough.

Mac's only have X-Plane and WWII Online/Battleground Europe for good air sim/combat, so a very good potential for market.
Mac sales are almost 10% of the market for home computers, and with the success of iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch and MacBook Air, it is likely to continue.


How?
1C should find a 2ed party willing to do the conversion so they are not directly involved themselves.

Side benefit:
Linux and OS X share a common Unix base so a Linux version is possible with only a little more effort.


Again, this is ONLY a marketing suggestion, not a debate over platforms.

S!

recoilfx 04-20-2011 03:22 PM

I don't think there will be a return of investment for the development costs. I am a Mac user myself, but I don't see CloD making money on the Mac currently.

Besides, Mac users won't tolerate the kind of user interface and tweaking required by CloD.

Oktoberfest 04-20-2011 03:23 PM

OK, not a bad idea, but I think the first & urgent need is to have a complete software with promised features integrated and working at decent framerates. Then we can see if it's worth the effort of a conversion.

Winger 04-20-2011 03:28 PM

Just buy a PC and youre fine. Macs are good for work. Not more not less:)

Winger

Flying Pencil 04-20-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oktoberfest (Post 268917)
OK, not a bad idea, but I think the first & urgent need is to have a complete software with promised features integrated and working at decent framerates. Then we can see if it's worth the effort of a conversion.

It will take months to do the conversion.
By the time its done, all the performance issues will be smoothed out and applied to Mac.

Besides, it will be ANOTHER company doing the work, not 1C

Positronic 04-20-2011 03:29 PM

I am a mac user myself also, the extra load of running a transgaming layer like cider (what most devs use to port games to mac) would grind just about every mac to a halt, I have a 27 inch i7 imac here and I wouldnt even like to try and run it on that.

if you into gaming better to suck it up and bootcamp or build a gaming rig :(

Oktoberfest 04-20-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Pencil (Post 268926)
It will take months to do the conversion.
By the time its done, all the performance issues will be smoothed out and applied to Mac.

Besides, it will be ANOTHER company doing the work, not 1C

Well, where do you start your conversion then ? After patch 20 ? Or 40 ?

gflinch 04-20-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Positronic (Post 268927)
I am a mac user myself also, the extra load of running a transgaming layer like cider (what most devs use to port games to mac) would grind just about every mac to a halt, I have a 27 inch i7 imac here and I wouldnt even like to try and run it on that.

if you into gaming better to suck it up and bootcamp or build a gaming rig :(


Not to hijack the thread, but just since there is a common thread here (no pun) what Macs do we all have here? I have the same or similar setup to you Positronic, iMac i7 27in and 1gig ati card. What settings are you able to run COD at/with? Any optimized drivers etc? Windows version? etc...

Greg

swiss 04-20-2011 03:43 PM

Cool idea.

Now we're in very small niche already - but hey, let's do a conversion for 10% of it.

Good luck.

TwistedAdonis 04-20-2011 03:46 PM

Why not just run a dual boot system?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.