Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   YaDeLi - "Yet another Device Link for IL-2" (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18781)

Artist 02-17-2011 02:20 PM

YaDeLi - "Yet another Device Link for IL-2"

I've sat down to do a little programming. This is what came out of it:

YaDeLi - "Yet another Device Link for IL-2"

YaDeLi has been made for:

- Those of us, who use more than the 4 game controllers that IL-2 supports.

- Those owners of a Logitech G940 Flight System who have not yet modded the "Reversal Bug" away.

- Those owners of a Logitech G940 Flight System who have modded the "Reversal Bug" and have found that the modded pedals will not show under "Game Controllers", but will still block ID3 within IL2 .... On The topic of modding see here and here

What YaDeLi does:

- Connects the axes of game controllers (beyond the first 4 that IL-2 supports) to IL-2 using IL-2's DeviceLink. As it only writes to DeviceLink, this works online, too.

- Supports user defined profiles (collections) of such connections (e.g. one for single engine fighters, another for a twin engined Mosquito, ...).

- Supports the following controls in IL-2:
Ailerons
Brakes
Elevator
Flaps
Power
Power Left Engines
Power Right Engines
Propeller Pitch
Propeller Pitch Left Engines
Propeller Pitch Right Engines
Rudder
Trim Ailerons
Trim Elevator
Trim Rudder

- Supports up to 8 axes for each game controller and an unlimited number of game controllers.

- Offers a fix for the "G940 Reversal Bug".

What YaDeLi doesn‘t do:

- It doesn‘t support game controller buttons (do use AutoHotkey, it‘s open source and almost perfect).

- It doesn‘t read from DeviceLink (would be useless online, anyway).

YaDeLi has been tested with:
IL-2 4.09, 4.10
Windows Xp, Window 7 Professional (32bit and 64bit)

Main Configuration:
http://yadeli.nuvturais.de/img/MainScreen.png

Axis configuration:
http://yadeli.nuvturais.de/img/AxisSettings.png

Download: YaDeLi - Webseite
(I even wrote a small manual :grin:)

Edit: Renewed download link (20.2.15), slight changes 24.1.12.

W32Blaster 02-17-2011 02:35 PM

wOOOOOOt

seems like your (and my) challenges using Leo´s chips are met?!

Thanks dude, I´m going to test this one.

robtek 02-17-2011 03:10 PM

Fantastic work !!!!
But there could be improvement still, as anywhere :-D.
Maybe it would be possible to read some info from device Link and use this to control the lights on the g940 system, such as rudder trim centered i.e.
MikkOwls program also made it possible to use both toe-brakes dor differential braking.
The best solution would be a mix of both programs, i believe.

Artist 02-17-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtek (Post 225276)
Fantastic work !!!!

Thanks.

Quote:

But there could be improvement still, as anywhere :-D.

I know... :)
Quote:

Maybe it would be possible to read some info from device Link and use this to control the lights on the g940 system, such as rudder trim centered i.e.

Would instantly fail the moment you go online...
Quote:

- It doesn‘t read from DeviceLink (would be useless online, anyway).
Quote:

MikkOwls program also made it possible to use both toe-brakes dor differential braking.

I know: by connecting brakes to rudder when tailwheel has not been locked... Again: fails when you're online

Quote:

The best solution would be a mix of both programs, i believe.

You can run them side by side - just don't assign different axes to the same device ;)

Artist

ghodan 02-17-2011 03:42 PM

It does not make cappuccino? :(

Artist 02-17-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodan (Post 225286)
It does not make cappuccino? :(

Wait until you find the Easter Egg: If you happen to replicate (with stick, throttle and pedals) the exact sequence of movements it takes to brew an espresso with a Cimbali M22 premium C2, an ufo in the shape of an italian bistro (now, where did I get that idea from?) will appear alongside your plane and an somebody named Wyoming Knott will hand you a cappuccino - if you dare to open your canopy: Tanstaafl

robtek 02-17-2011 10:07 PM

No Artist, MikkOwls program works just fine online!!!
Not all output via devicelink is blocked!
Only those infos which might get used to calculate the flightpath.
Ruddertrim centered is working!
Afaik the brakes are also fixed to work with no visible rudder movement.

Artist 02-18-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtek (Post 225433)
No Artist, MikkOwls program works just fine online!!!
Not all output via devicelink is blocked!
Only those infos which might get used to calculate the flightpath.
Ruddertrim centered is working!
Afaik the brakes are also fixed to work with no visible rudder movement.

Could be that you've got a point there...

Artist

robtek 02-18-2011 05:18 PM

Artist, you know us customers, we want it all, for free, in perfect condition and yesterday!! :-D
If you are a perfectionist, as i really hope, you'll find a way to combine the function of those two programs.
And finally, if you have a paypal account, i might be inclined to send a small sum as appreciation for this combination.

MikkOwl 02-19-2011 05:30 PM

Neat! Maybe this will come in handy for Cliffs of Dover, seeing as it will also continue supporting a more advanced devicelink. We will see if CoD has any LED support (I suspect not :( ).

What code is it written in?

Is this program sold or free? I read the readme and manual (well, skimmed it) and I found mention that it was 'sold', but nothing on any payment or registration required.

The interface seems good with lots of user configurable user friendly sliders and so on. The green light when connected is great. :) That stuff takes so long to program, as I found out in AutoHotKey. I spent a huge part of my development time trying to just make my own software more usable/configurable, as well as require as little setting up as possible.

And yes, there is as bunch of DeviceLink queries that IL-2 will send back to us even in multiplayer. Mostly small things like "is tailwheel locked? Are gears set to be up or down? What position are the flaps set to be in? How many engines does this aircraft have?".

Regarding my differential braking: It works online but it also always manipulates the rudder, visibly so. There is no other way. If the tail wheel is locked the airplane is assumed to be taking off, flying or landing, and using the wheel brakes will not manipulate the rudder, keeping it steady. In earlier versions, it was almost impossible to brake when landing without turning violently due to the rudders being moved.

I have not tried YaDeLi (sounds Chinese btw :D ) and I don't think I'll install IL-2 and fly it again, with Cliffs of Dover around the corner. Have not even used Multi-Throttle for almost a year ever since my hardcore harddrive/comp crash last March. But there will be a need for these programs for Cliffs of Dover, too.

I have no idea of these two programs can be combined code wise. Maybe if YaDeLi is written in AutoHotKey for I know no other languages. YaDeLi seems like the better program foundation due to the nice interface and customizability. Maybe Artist can add in some LED control support? That part is not so complicated with the help of a little tool made originally for Black Shark.

Ideas for features

In my last, not yet unreleased developer version of Multi-Throttle, I had added a completely new way of launching it. A small applet that runs in the background would automatically detect if IL-2 was running, then launch (in the background) the full software and connect to IL-2 and the G940 (if connected). It knew if in the cockpit or not and would terminate itself when IL-2 was closed. It turned off the LEDs if not in cockpit view or alt-tabbed. This method was so much more user friendly than the version I last released.

I put in incremental FOV zoom as a feature, controlled by a single button (I use headtracking and having three different buttons to control FOV was ridiculous). Tapping the button switches (in a smooth, not instant) way between wide and normal FOV (can set it to whatever one wants). Holding the button for a third of a second makes it go zoomed in, as well as activate the 'precision mode' smoothed headtracking of the TrackIR. Tapping again makes it zoom back to normal or wide and normal headtracking mode.

To resolve the issue of G940 not being completely centered when not holding the joystick (tedious as hell on long cruises or when having to let go of the stick to answer a phone call, go to the bathroom, take something off the stove, rest the hand or manipulate the joystick trim wheels) I put in a button (pinky button is best) that centers the output of the stick regardless of the physical position of it. That, plus the removal of reversal bug from trim wheels and it was so much pleasant to trim for stable flight/cruise. I submitted a proposal to Logitech to center the output of the stick when the grip sensor on the stick detects that it is not being held; it was well received and was passed on to their engineers. That was 9 months ago or so though.

I have experimented with bail out effects (force view in cockpit, play a sound effect of unlocking harnesses and pulling emergency canopy release, loud wind noise).

Can't remember if I released it: making engines able to turn on and off on separate buttons rather than toggled by a single. And regardless of using single or separate on/off switch, make it definitely turn OFF or ON for each state (this was necessary to develop to be able to map engine on/off lights to the LEDs of the G940 - since devicelink won't tell us if an engine is really on or not nor send an ON or OFF toggle). This was performed by making the magnetos go completely off when performing the 'off' command - this always kills the engine. And if turning the engine on, also turn magnetos off then on, then send the engine toggle command. Before this feature, mapping the light didn't work and the on or off command (if just using toggle engine as normal) might turn it on when wanting it to be off and vice versa. Especially if the engine stalls or won't start properly in mid flight. Similar feature for landing gear. These features permits flying without any HUD text appearing telling you if stuff is on or off. Increases immersion.

Arming button for weapons (separate for machine guns, cannons, bombs, rockets, or a master arm button) with appropriate led lights shifting color depending on the status of the arming.

Trim range customizable for every trim (this was released I think) to make trimming far more smooth, relaxed and accurate when using our little trim wheels. Planned unreleased feature was to have this customizable for every type of airplane in the game, detected automatically through devicelink. Since some aircraft have right turning propellers, others left, etc, requiring different part of the trim range to be mapped. Ability to unlock the full trim range (for cases where one engine of a twin failed or pieces of control surface shot off).

Sound effects for using certain buttons of the joystick, sounding like flipping a switch or pressing mechanical buttons. IL-2 has none at all. In reality you wouldn't really hear anything while flying due to the loud engine, but you would feel it much more in your fingers. On the ground before take off, too, of course.

--

I hope you find inspiration in some of these. I especially want the G940 center stick feature and the single button FOV feature. The lights are cool to have but they are not as essential for a good flying experience.

I can see how people would prefer to have all the good stuff in a single piece of software. I don't think it is possible to run two devicelink programs at the same time (or is it?) so it would be a pity to have to choose between two similar programs. If we can in any way merge these features into one platform, that would be great. If we can't, then maybe there is a way to split the focus on them and make them able to somehow be run simultaneously. I don't know, we'll see how the situation is like with Cliffs of Dover.

The biggest problem I had with my programming, was the communication between different executables, the G940, sending to DeviceLink and receiving from DeviceLink. I tried piping things, using UDP network communication, NetCat network tool etc. What a headache. I know almost nothing of how sockets and all that stuff works. :(

Artist 02-19-2011 11:35 PM

Hello MikkOwl,

first things first: I've been using your Multithrottle until I decided to mod my G940 with Bodnar's BU0836As and am really thankful for what you did back then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkOwl (Post 226200)
Maybe this will come in handy for Cliffs of Dover, seeing as it will also continue supporting a more advanced devicelink.

Where do you know that from? I've asked and asked again and never got a repsonse...

YaDeLi wasn't planned as a new G940-"driver", but as a solution for the problem of IL-2's limitation to 4 input devices and the impossibility to set the order of game controllers addressed via DirectInput.

Quote:

Is this program sold or free? I read the readme and manual (well, skimmed it) and I found mention that it was 'sold', but nothing on any payment or registration required.

Uups. That's what comes from blind copy and paste... No: it is and stays Freeware. I've updated the readme.txt and the download link

Quote:

What code is it written in?

Plain C++ (using gcc and MinGw). Makes most of the stuff you had so much trouble with somewhat easier: Communication between different executables not needed, access the G940 and all the other hardware with DirectInput, sending to DeviceLink with native socket support. For accessing the G940 LEDs there would be the Logitech SDK (C++, too, and probably what the tool for BlackShark was written on). But as with you, the user interface, as usual, took up 85% of the time. It would all be so easy without all those users...

As for Autohotkey: I use it for *all* buttons (having deinstalled the Logitech Profiler). Autohotkey for the buttons and YaDeLi for axes of game controllers outside IL-2's range of 1-4 is the perfect solution for me. That is why I am very, very reluctant to start supporting buttons in YaDeLi: I would surely end up reinventing Autohotkey...

Quote:

I don't think it is possible to run two devicelink programs at the same time (or is it?)

It is. UDP is a connectionless protocol and DeviceLink accepts commands from different senders simultaniously. Just start several netcats and start giving commands to IL-2. But you must really take care of not using the same axes in YaDeLi and MultiThrottle (and in IL-2 for that). It could have very disturbing results if you do.

Quote:

*Ideas for features*

Well, MikkOwl, that is really good stuff to ponder about.

For the time beeing I would like to receive feedback from people using YaDeLi and some information on if CoD will have DeviceLink (or something similiar).

Artist

MikkOwl 02-20-2011 07:51 AM

I read random past friday upates since late 2009 and at some point they talked about it. The plan was to keep it, but expand upon an ddevelop it more. And to remove the restrictions for it in multiplayer. I am sure that it will technically work the same way. Just different framework version.

What is not yet known is how much of our features existing or desired for, will be satisfied by Call of Dornier. Then one will know where it all stands. And can figure out where to go from there.Wrestling the reversal bug bullshit seems to be a required past time for the upcoming year yet. This also adds ability for hooking up all kinds of strange game controllers (any, really, including a G25 force feedback steering wheel, to be used as elevator trim when mounted low left in the simpit. I did that ot rocked.

Setting things up to facilitate communication between the main app, the network relay tool, and binding the sockets to these different ips and ports. That was so ghetto. Using '¨stdout' from my AHK program piped to the stdin of the G940 led reading applet. Through UDP networking.

If devicelink is open and welcoming with several different connections at the same time, maybe the development should be best spent on specializing a focus for each of our two program efforts. That can be used together for those who ish to use the best features from both. Mostly axis solutions (with anti-bugged to hell controller illnesses as per the G940) for YaDeLi seems to be where it excels. AutoHotKey is the bomb for button and even sound effects easily added, and can be used to control the LEDs in the G940.

Artist 02-20-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkOwl (Post 226342)
I read random past friday upates since late 2009 and at some point they talked about it. The plan was to keep it, but expand upon an ddevelop it more. And to remove the restrictions for it in multiplayer. I am sure that it will technically work the same way. Just different framework version.

I sincearly hope you're right...

Quote:

Wrestling the reversal bug bullshit seems to be a required past time for the upcoming year yet.

Well, for those who will not follow the path of moddding their G940s, that might be true: I have serious doubts about Logitech on that matter. But I do not see any working way to combine a software workaround for the Reversal Bug in the rudder pedals with their spring-center-positioning (except maybe physically removing the spring). Quoting the YaDeLi manual on its handling of the Reversal Bug:
Quote:

This works just fine on the „0 - 100“ axes (throttles, R1, R2), but not so well on the „100 - 0 - 100“ axes (such as trims and rudder) as the middle position of the physical stick and the 50% reported may not always coincide due to multiple „Reversal Bug“-corrections. With the trims that might be bearable - on the rudder pedals it‘s hell. Better mod your G940 with a BU0836X...
Concerning YaDeLi and Autohotkey:

Quote:

If devicelink is open and welcoming with several different connections at the same time , maybe the development should be best spent on specializing a focus for each of our two program efforts. [...] Mostly axis solutions [...] for YaDeLi [...] AutoHotKey is the bomb for button and even sound effects easily added, and can be used to control the LEDs in the G940.

I totally agree. And we should work closely together on who integrates what... :grin:

... which brings me to the request robtek voiced earlier in this thread: Differential braking. The concept seems clear to me: Provided the tailwheel is not locked, you probably compare the two brake-forces (left and right) applied and put the rudder to the side of the smaller force. If they are the same you don't move the rudder at all. Before I start a lot of experimenting: Am I correct? And what ratio do you use between force-differential and rudder?

Artist.

Tailspin45 04-04-2012 08:53 PM

This little app is just what I need. It's elegantly simple and very nicely designed. But I have a weird problem when I use it.

With both my joystick (Warthog) and driver (win7) calibrated, IL2 aircraft fly straight and level. Until I use YaDeLi to add rudder pedals. Then they have a left rolling tendency so severe that full opposite aileron trim doesn't prevent it.

I also find that the aircraft are very twitchy, for lack of a better term, despite assigning curves to all the axis. In fact, it seems as if there's some kind of crosstalk between the axes.

Now, this all may not be a problem with YaDeLi and it's only revealing some other issue I didn't know I had. But I can't fly without rudders (I'm a taildragger kinda guy) and I can't install them without YaDeLi.

Anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Artist 04-04-2012 09:35 PM

Hi Tailspin45,

at first guess it seems to me that you've assigned joystick axes both in IL-2 and YaDeLi...

Please describe your hardware setup in detail: Number of usb game controllers, their respective IDs (use JoyIDs), settings.ini (from the ..\Users\pilotname folder), Screenshots from YaDeLi.

Artist

Tailspin45 04-04-2012 09:53 PM

I've paid hundreds of dollars for software that doesn't work as well as yours, and have endured, sometimes, waiting days only to get a response to a technical question. And then only to received a canned reply that's unrelated to my problem.

You? Forty-two minutes and spot on! Yeah, I -- dumbshit that I am -- do have axis defined in Il2 and YaDeLi.

In the unlikely event that doesn't solve the problem I'll reply again with the set-up. But I'd say thats definitely the issue.

A huge thank you for your great software and great support.

Tailspin45 04-05-2012 12:34 AM

I couldn't figure out how to remove the axis assignments in the HOTAS section, so I just deleted them from the config file.

However, all controls go full nose down, full left wing down, full left rudder, almost like runaway trim. I can center them using ALT + LEFT, + RIGHT, and + Z, but after any movement of the axis they go back to full throw.

The files you requested are at
http://teleworkresearchnetwork.com/w...IL2_YaDeLi.zip

Thanks in advance for your efforts to solve this problem. Very much appreciated.

Artist 04-05-2012 07:19 AM

Mhm.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailspin45 (Post 405934)
I couldn't figure out how to remove the axis assignments in the HOTAS section, so I just deleted them from the config file.

Good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailspin45
However, all controls go full nose down, full left wing down, full left rudder, almost like runaway trim. I can center them using ALT + LEFT, + RIGHT, and + Z, but after any movement of the axis they go back to full throw.

Strange, because:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailspin45
The files [...]

... show nothing unusual.

Could you please let me have a look at the number of usb game controllers and their respective IDs (use JoyIDs)?

Artist

Artist 04-05-2012 08:58 AM

Hi Tailspin45,

one thing is unusual (no offence meant :)): There's a "__MACOSX" folder in the archive - do you run IL-2 within MacOS (with Wine)?

In any case, the symptoms you describe may result from
- Your hardware is sending funny stuff (test with "usb game controllers", properties)
- YaDeLi is receiving funny stuff (it uses DirectInput, DirectX)
- YaDeLi is sending funny stuff (however unlikely that is ;))
- IL-2 is receiving funny stuff (network garbled, proxied, :confused:)
- IL-2 has some inner conflict (controller shizophrenia - but you've solved that apparently)

We would have to check that step by step.
Artist

Tailspin45 04-05-2012 05:49 PM

I sent the screenshots via Gmail to my Mac, where I needed to do something unrelated. Zipped them there, and that's where it picked up the OS X artifact.

In any case, I solved the problem. Seems I'd forgotten to configure the flight control axes, and they were all linear instead of centered. So, of course, the rest value was the extreme end of the range and thus full control throw.

Never underestimate how dumb a user can be. Half the people in the world are dumber than the other half, but I may be proof that it actually is more than that.

Thank you for wasting your time figuring out the stupid things I did.

Everything is working great now, with your help. I'm grateful, as I've said, both for a very useful program and your prompt help.

Artist 04-09-2012 03:42 PM

Tailspin45,

no need to pour ashes on your head - computer work is 1% trying to do something, 98% trying to find out why it doesn't work the way expected, 1% getting it finally done.

Just glad that it now does work.

Happy flying!
Artist

ecosta 09-24-2012 01:56 AM

Hi Artist
How i can setup the radiator axis in Yadeli? It's possible? if, not... Dou you can add this axis in your program?

Thanks ans Best Regards
Edson

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist (Post 407172)
Tailspin45,

no need to pour ashes on your head - computer work is 1% trying to do something, 98% trying to find out why it doesn't work the way expected, 1% getting it finally done.

Just glad that it now does work.

Happy flying!
Artist

Artist 09-24-2012 06:20 PM

Hi Edson,

welcome to the forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosta (Post 463322)
How i can setup the radiator axis in Yadeli? It's possible? if, not... Dou you can add this axis in your program?

unfortunately you cannot and I cannot either: TD introduced the radiators as axes in 4.10 (or was it 4.11?) but didn't gave access to it via DeviceLink.

I mentioned that in the wishlist long time ago, but it hasn't made it into an update yet - and with all they're doing for us it would be rather preposterous to complain, neh? ;)

Artist

ecosta 09-24-2012 10:22 PM

Hi Artist
Thanks for reply
I agree with you.
The way is to expect an update divelink or The Team Daidalos can make IL-2 recognize more than 5 devices.
Regards
Edson
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist (Post 463451)
Hi Edson,

welcome to the forum!

unfortunately you cannot and I cannot either: TD introduced the radiators as axes in 4.10 (or was it 4.11?) but didn't gave access to it via DeviceLink.

I mentioned that in the wishlist long time ago, but it hasn't made it into an update yet - and with all they're doing for us it would be rather preposterous to complain, neh? ;)

Artist

Artist 09-25-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosta (Post 463491)
IL-2 recognize more than 5 devices.

more than 4
(just not to irritate others :grin:)

jcenzano 04-09-2013 10:27 AM

I apologize for bringing back to live this old thread, but I just had to do it to thank you.

You made my Il-2 day!! I had been looking for this for a long time.

I can't believe I did not come across this thread earlier during my several tries to find a program to use moer than four input devices with Il-2.

in fact, i had shelved the game since I could not use my rudder pedals and i did not want to play without them.

thank you again

Artist 04-09-2013 11:46 AM

jcenzano,

thank you for your praise. Makes me feel good :grin:

Artist

whiskey-charlie 06-29-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosta (Post 463322)
Hi Artist

Thanks ans Best Regards
Edson

Is yadeli radiator and fuel mixture axis now possible with 4.12 patch?

Artist 06-29-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey-charlie (Post 505882)
Is yadeli radiator and fuel mixture axis now possible with 4.12 patch?

No, no changes yet: TD introduced the radiators as axes in 4.10 (or was it 4.11?) but didn't gave access to it via DeviceLink since.

Artist

Windturbin 12-09-2017 10:21 PM

7 years later

Sure would like to get back into IL-2 1946,,,,I can't believe that all the WWII sims built since IL2-1946 suck so bad. Yea, graphic engines are better , but the sims are sooooo arcadish!!

Prepar3D is very good!!!! But not for combat. so re-installing IL2-1946 with patches and mods.

My biggest hurdal is with my peripherals....

I have 6 and IL2-1946 only excepts 4 still. So hunted down this old thread for Yadeli , but is not working anymore.

Trying to figure out how I can tell IL2 which peripheral (axis) I want to use. Some are more important than others. Do I have to disconnect some of them?

anyone shed some light?

KG26_Alpha 12-09-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windturbin (Post 717109)
Sure would like to get back into IL-2 1946,,,,I can't believe that all the WWII sims built since IL2-1946 suck so bad. Yea, graphic engines are better , but the sims are sooooo arcadish!!

Prepar3D is very good!!!! But not for combat. so re-installing IL2-1946 with patches and mods.

My biggest hurdle is with my peripherals....

I have 6 and IL2-1946 only excepts 4 still. So hunted down this old thread for Yadeli , but is not working anymore.

Trying to figure out how I can tell IL2 which peripheral (axis) I want to use. Some are more important than others. Do I have to disconnect some of them?

anyone shed some light?

This thread might help.
Page 3 gets interesting.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.p...c,45118.0.html

Windturbin 12-10-2017 01:32 PM

Thank you KG26,,, will be working on some of these possible fixes today!

I have another question.......

Any of the daibalos team releases address FOV issue? I need a FOV of 110. I know there have been some FOV mods written, but if memory serves me, they didn't all work with all releases?

KG26_Alpha 12-10-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windturbin (Post 717112)
Thank you KG26,,, will be working on some of these possible fixes today!

I have another question.......

Any of the daibalos team releases address FOV issue? I need a FOV of 110. I know there have been some FOV mods written, but if memory serves me, they didn't all work with all releases?

FOV? iirc using multiple monitors was best done with a THTG unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=icaxtATjqeE

The stock game has 3DoF now, you just need TiR or configure your manual controls to use it.

Artist 12-11-2017 08:15 AM

Hi Windturbin,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Windturbin (Post 717109)

What is not working? YaDeLi? There have been neither (relevant) changes in IL-2'46 (that I am aware of) nor in YaDeLi ...

Cheers,
Artist

Windturbin 12-11-2017 07:13 PM

all good!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

FOV? iirc using multiple monitors was best done with a THTG unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=icaxtATjqeE

The stock game has 3DoF now, you just need TiR or configure your manual controls to use it.
Am just using windows resolution 1080x5760 and wanted a default view of about 145, I was able to get that done with version 12.4 and mod act 5 which lets you place the default FOV you want in the config file "FOV=145" working fantastic now. Figured out that mod does not work in v 13.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist (Post 717115)
Hi Windturbin,
What is not working? YaDeLi? There have been neither (relevant) changes in IL-2'46 (that I am aware of) nor in YaDeLi ...

Cheers,
Artist

I installed and configured my axis and then went into game controls to move an axis to check if it was working and it was not.

After thinking about it for a few hours, I finally snapped to the fact that your software takes over entirely and over rides IL2 control, was working the whole time all I had to do was go into game and use it. LOL

Works absolutely perfect! Thank you Artist, best mod/utility ever made for IL2-1946 bar none! 2nd best was the FOV mod mentioned above:)

Must haves for cockpit builders......
Attachment 15569

Artist 12-12-2017 11:07 AM

Impressive cockpit you have there! Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windturbin (Post 717117)
After thinking about it for a few hours, I finally snapped to the fact that your software takes over entirely and over rides IL2 control, was working the whole time all I had to do was go into game and use it. LOL

Works absolutely perfect! Thank you Artist, best mod/utility ever made for IL2-1946 bar none! 2nd best was the FOV mod mentioned above:)

Glad to hear it.

Artist 12-12-2017 11:10 AM

Oh, and here's a nice program to influence which four devices the game sees as the first four

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=23995

Not sure if it works with IL-2'46, but it should (It does with Cliffs of Dover)

Windturbin 12-12-2017 03:17 PM

Excellent

Very Good ....thanks Artist!