Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Your CLOD rating...(before) (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25174)

furbs 08-05-2011 09:15 AM

Your CLOD rating...(before)

I thought with a major patch coming shortly, that this would be a good point to do a before/after patch rating for COD.
It would also give the developers a good idea of how good the patch is.

So....right now, what is your personal rating of COD.

-- Forum members have voted and COD has a forum rating of 56% for now.

il do another poll 2 weeks after we get the next patch.

Skoshi Tiger 08-05-2011 09:17 AM

Better than any other WWII combat flight sim out there at the moment, but with some annoying issues that will hopefully be resolved before too long.

What are the criteria to base our judgements on?

Cheers!

5./JG27 Lehmann 08-05-2011 09:23 AM

Skoshi is spot on, same feeling here.

Phazon 08-05-2011 09:26 AM

I'd give it a 50, mainly because I see the game as half complete. The flight model, complex engine management and damage model make up the majority of that rating. What detracts from it is the long list of bugs, and areas of the game that feel unfinished so far.

Some bug fixes and polish would go a long way, moreso the polish which this game sorely needs now we've got alot of the real severe technical issues sorted.

Dano 08-05-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaRat (Post 319613)
Skoshi is spot on, same feeling here.

+1

skouras 08-05-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phazon (Post 319616)
I'd give it a 50, mainly because I see the game as half complete. The flight model, complex engine management and damage model make up the majority of that rating. What detracts from it is the long list of bugs, and areas of the game that feel unfinished so far.

Some bug fixes and polish would go a long way, moreso the polish which this game sorely needs now we've got alot of the real severe technical issues sorted.

agreed

JG52Krupi 08-05-2011 09:53 AM

I gave if 70 I'm sure we will receive what was promised, I am enjoying the game it just needs better fps and the fm's need to be revised.

klem 08-05-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger (Post 319609)
Better than any other WWII combat flight sim out there at the moment, but with some annoying issues that will hopefully be resolved before too long.

What are the criteria to base our judgements on?

Cheers!

Welll here's mine:

FMs 60(generally working fine but need to fix half-wing flying etc and too many FMs allegedly off-target. And were are my Rotol Spits?)
DMs 70 (ok for me but I understand there are some strange issues like trees and bushed as damaged a/c parts).
Sound 40 (Naff sounds and the sound bug)
Graphics 70 (includes in-game settings, high potential but disappointed with results from my GTX570 and hoping optimisation will improve it past generally 'High' with medium buildings, no SSAO, forest or shadows and a few other bits in settings for me)
FMB 60 (Basic missions easy enough but struggling without documentation especially on Scripting)
Campaign 60 (came with game, its ok but not very stimulating and the reported Text results ("you crashed you first spitfire" etc. ) don't agree with actual achievents (I didn't crash my first spitfire)
GUI 80 (its not bad)
Info windows 90 (could be a bit more flexible on content and could use more info like Tail numbers in Stats listing)
Multiplayer 60 (based on CoD-ability limiting server providers options and therefore servers and players and the lack of a MMP aspect which I believe should have been a priority for CoD)
(60+70+40+70+60+60+80+90+60)/9 = 65.555--->>> voted 70 (just)

Which is actually what I estimated from my gut feeling about the game.

Doc_uk 08-05-2011 10:40 AM

You forgot to add 0 to the poll

Phazon 08-05-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_uk (Post 319640)
You forgot to add 0 to the poll

Oooooh, burned! :-P