Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   April 27, 2011(!!!) - Beta Patch #2 - It's old thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22238)

ATAG_Doc 04-28-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eckhart (Post 274850)
Great work thx a lot! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no other change)

Fantastic !!!

This destroyed the whole gameplay. Sh.t happens and not all patches are successful immediately for everybody but this is an utter catastrophe :evil::evil::evil:

My triple SLI setup was fully loaded before with the previous patch but having this stuff watercooled...who cares

Now it is loaded at a gentle 9 percent for GPU 3, 12 percent for GPU 2 and 41 percent for GPU 1. CPU multicore is certainly better: before core 1 was loaded at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

Now can somebody tell me how to do a roll back to the last patch so I can fly again ...or do I have to dig out Wings of Prey, switch to UP 3.0, HSFX 5.1 or enjoy my 767 in FSX???

Next time you'll remember to copy the folder(s) into which the update was applied and make a copy of it and same it as whatever you want and when or if this happens again just right click delete and rename the old folder.

DickDastardly 04-28-2011 04:39 AM

Feedback with nVidia 3D Vision
Previous IL2 sims were fantastic in 3D (back when nVidia's stereoscopic 3D drivers supported OpenGL), so I was really looking forward to being able to play CoD in 3D too. This is the first patch which has enabled me to do so (thanks to fullscreen mode working now) but unfortunately there are a lot of issues which make it pretty much unplayable in 3D:

-Shadows, sun glare, the skybox and water are all rendered incorrectly at screen depth.

-Text HUD labels on aircraft (showing range etc) are also drawn at screen depth rather than at the depth of the object they're labelling.

-When distant smoke effects are partially obscured by a nearby object, only those parts of the smoke which would have been visible from the normal 2D perspective are drawn. (When playing in 3D, each eye should be able to see areas of the smoke on either side of the intervening object which wouldn't have been visible in 2D).

I realise that getting the sim to work well in 2D is a higher priority in the short term, but it would be great if these issues could also be addressed after that. Of all the major flight sims currently available, CoD is the only one which is effectively unplayable in stereoscopic 3D -not an ideal situation for what's intended to be the foundation of a new series which is planned to last 5-10 years (by which time the only serious gamers still playing in 2D will be those lacking two eyes).
Cheers,
DD

gonk 04-28-2011 04:42 AM

rgr.. thx. Enjoy the break.

JG301_HaJa 04-28-2011 04:51 AM

Hi,

Sorry to say but this patch wasn't good for my system (specs in sig).
Huge graphical anomalies with a lot of flashing and stutters. Doesn't matter if crossfire is
on or off. Worse graphical appearance and overall a degradation.

Have to revert to previous beta patch since that worked ok.

regards

lothar29 04-28-2011 04:54 AM

Excellent, now work me very well the Simulator, with the last official patch I stopped working well altogether, with a very high FPS but with stuttering, curiously g did many tests with all the PC's that I have at home!, and two of them, the more powerful just one continued to function perfectly with the last official patch by steam...

Intel core 2 Quad 9550 E0 overclocked 3. 60GHz
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Kingston HiperX 1066 4x2Gb = 8 Gb
PoView GTX480
NOX APEX Modular 700W
Seagate barracuda 1000Gb - > This team always me to worked perfectly, less when there was not yet any patch, and now I is going great! with a GTX260 performance was a bit poor in London, but also worked very well...

This is another PC
Intel I7 950 3. 06GHz
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair Vengance 3x2Gb 1600
2xGTX470 SLI
Antec CP1000 1000W
2X500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RAI0 + SSD Kingston 64 Gb

This performance was horrible, at first, but which came out the last patch I worked fatal, much STUTTERING...

This same pc but with two things changed then I improve performance much, the differences are as follows

1xGTX470, nothing to dual GPU, because I realized that this causes me much Stuttering
change the source to an Apex NOX 800W Modular

With these changes made the performance now with this latest patch Beta Simulator runs without difficulty in almost everything at high or very high, less any thing that is in the Middle,

the NVIDIA control Panel not played it for nothing, at least for the moment, because occasionally I to negatively affected the overall performance...

Plt Off JRB Meaker 04-28-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunden (Post 274836)
Are you in crossfire? You will want to disable crossfire

Yes I am,please tell me how I go about this,thanks.

GOZR 04-28-2011 05:44 AM

Well this one give me lots of stutters and the beta before none..

There are other small changes, such as updates to the in-game map, etc.
The map need some serious make over.. ;)

Bobb4 04-28-2011 05:54 AM

Anyone know whether this patch gives the spitfire tracers now?
:)

gonk 04-28-2011 06:11 AM

still have tessellation problems, where you see land out at sea and sea on the land....

Clouds make the whole screen flicker when flying through them.... epi filter set and not set... same problem

slm 04-28-2011 06:19 AM

FPS is worse than in the previous beta patch (which was worse than the previous official patch).
Now there are also strange white texture errors in lower part of the screen when flying over sea. Also more stutters when flying near enemy planes (like the quick mission where you intercept DO-17s at low level), which reduces playability a lot. When trying Free hunt quick mission after a while the game just stopped.

This seems to be the worst of the last 3 patches in my WinXP PC.
On the positive side I like the new? "engine smoke when plane starts diving" visual effect.