Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   April 27, 2011(!!!) - Beta Patch #2 - It's old thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22238)

luthier 04-27-2011 06:29 PM

April 27, 2011(!!!) - Beta Patch #2 - It's old thread

Hi everyone,

As the previous beta patch introduced some problems, we decided to continue testing. We're releasing an updated beta patch today, which should fix all the full-screen-related issues as well as revert the changes that caused some to experienced reduced frame rates.

There are other small changes, such as updates to the in-game map, etc.

First run of game with new patch is take longer then previous.

Our plan is to test this beta, and if no new issues are reported until Friday night, make it live.

Also, in case you do not know, most of Russia is on official holidays for 5 days between May 1 and May 9 and some of the programmers will finally take some rest. I know there's still a lot of work to do, but I hope you'll agree that it'll be better for everyone if we do rest a bit.

So, with that, there probably won't be another patch until the second or third week of May, and we'll release exact details closer to that date. Updates to AI, FM and plane performance figures are in the works, but they take longer to implement and test. Hopefully you'll see the first round of them the next patch over.

We're about ready to call it a night - we'll check on your results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.

Download links are here:

Mirrors:
Eng:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=836DM6NZ
Rus:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWOSWHCN

Torrents:
Eng:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...05.rar.torrent
Rus:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...ru.rar.torrent

322Sqn_Dusty 04-27-2011 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Let's try it out.

Comes with a Bf-110C skin...

Found thus far:

Glitches over London.

New:
*Vsync optional by video.
*Briefing screen before mission.
*Mirror on Hurricane
*Crossfire shows up ingame.
*Text greyed in messagebox.

Q9950
2X HD Radeon 4890 crossfire
4Gb Ram

mazex 04-27-2011 06:37 PM

Sweet - thanks! The devs sure deserve some vacation!

ICDP 04-27-2011 06:38 PM

Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest, it is indeed best to take a break ready to come back with a fresh perspective.

Can I ask if there is a list of fixes in this beta? It would really make it easier if we know what to test for.

kendo65 04-27-2011 06:39 PM

Thanks.

Enjoy your well-deserved holiday.

JG52Krupi 04-27-2011 06:39 PM

:mrgreen: Thanks Luthier.

Will get another poll started :)

Dano 04-27-2011 06:39 PM

Thank you Luthier, I'm happy to hear that you're taking some time off, hope everybody manages to relax a little :)

smink1701 04-27-2011 06:41 PM

Thanks Luthier.

Question...for the next major patch you mention updates to AI and FM. Will you address the sound? If you are pleased with the current sound design that would be helpful to know as well.

Thanks and enjoy your holiday.

335th_GRAthos 04-27-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 274570)
most of Russia is on official holidays for 5 days between May 1 and May 9 and some of the programmers will finally take some rest.

W H A T !!!!!!!!!!

How dare they!!!?????

Sorry, I could not resist :-)

Great news, thank you all very much, enjoy some quiet time and thanks again for this wonderful flight sim! :-)

Happy resting!

kristorf 04-27-2011 06:42 PM

Ta very much gents

Ze-Jamz 04-27-2011 06:43 PM

Yet again cant copy parts folder over in:

C:/(not programs) using winrar to extract
win7 64

addman 04-27-2011 06:44 PM

Thanks luthier and team! Enjoy your much deserved mini holiday.

RedToo 04-27-2011 06:46 PM

Thankyou all for your continued hard work.

RedToo.

335th_GRSwaty 04-27-2011 06:54 PM

Thanks luthier!

Froddi 04-27-2011 06:56 PM

Great stuff!

Thanx.

JG52Krupi 04-27-2011 06:59 PM

Cheers Luthier,

FPS are improved but not too the level it was before, however the stutters over land are completely gone.

Feels better than before, will report back in a bit :D

LT.INSTG8R 04-27-2011 07:01 PM

Thanks again Luthier and crew for your continued hard work. Enjoy your time off.

Jg2001_Rasputin 04-27-2011 07:01 PM

Great! Have a nice holiday!

Raggz 04-27-2011 07:09 PM

I really hope they fix the radio commands so i can have some serious fun in single player. I'm starting to get tired of taking a ride with a plane with a bunch of wingmen doing nothing.

41Sqn_Stormcrow 04-27-2011 07:10 PM

Great news, Luthier. I particularly appreciate that you work on the AI. And happy holidays - well deserved.

GraveyardJimmy 04-27-2011 07:11 PM

I have a problem with this patch. When I press escape I get to the menu (with a flash of the desktop). When I try to go back to the game (or press fly in that menu) the game resizes at (what I think is ) 640x480 resolution, despite 1280x1024 being selected in the menu. This has happened a lot of times.

On the other hand, my custom bomb loadout in the Blenheim worked when I chose it in the QMB.

Also, the game is incompatible with having mumble (VOIP software) running, I believe it is probably the overlay, though it works fine in other steam games. When I run the game it shows the Ubisoft video then freezes on the final frame. If I press escape a few times the exit dialogue box comes up and I can exit, but I cant see the rest of the menus.

Mango 04-27-2011 07:13 PM

I can certainly attest, there's nothing better for software productivity and sanity than a much needed rest!

Enjoy and come back fresh!

mcler002 04-27-2011 07:14 PM

Sweet and happy holidays

I shall download it on my gaming pc asap!!!

i assume we should "roll back", then install the new beta patch
Ross

jf1981 04-27-2011 07:18 PM

Hey,

Have nice holidays then !

Gonna try it out.

Regards,

J-F

ICDP 04-27-2011 07:21 PM

Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.

W0ef 04-27-2011 07:24 PM

Bugger, I was about to dish out the cash and get a second HD6970 to run in crossfire XD

Thanks for the headsup!

Kankkis 04-27-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICDP (Post 274628)
Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.

Yeah, i have 5970 and my textures is flickering, and i got terrible stuttering now, even alone over the water it it hickups every 1-2 secs :(

It's totally unplayable for me now and i mean totally unplayable :-x

mazex 04-27-2011 07:26 PM

OK - the full screen really seems to work now. When starting the game it first shows the reticle "transparent" with the desktop in the background but then switches to real full screen. The Anti Aliasing also works now - great! When pressing escape to switch to the C# launcher / options GUI it works in a much snappier way, and when going back to the 3D engine there is no minimize-maximize popping feeling like before. Just a quick blink and back in the game...

When I first started I had an error that I had in the second patch, namely that the buildings where not displayed at all in the Dover suburbs (having buildings set to high), and only about half of them in the city centre / harbor. I just saw the naked ground textures with the basements ;) I quit and deleted all files in

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

And then it worked fine. FPS is maybe a bit better but the stuttering is definitely gone now which is the most important thing! And that is on my four year old rig...

And I really like the new map with a lot more clear airfield markers and with names of the locations on map! Good!

A last note that I don't know if I had before. When loading the quick mission over Dover in a me 109 I got the message:

Long Bridge: wrong width (3)

Don't know if that is interesting to you ;)

Finally the Force Feedback feels a bit better - maybe just wishful thinking, but it takes like 20 seconds into the mission until the self centering "kicks in". The buffeting works from start though (on my G940). The FF effects really adds a lot to the game!

Have a nice vacation!

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.3
Nvidia GTX275 (270.61 drivers)
6 Gb DDR2
Windows 7 x64
G940 and TrackIR 4

2033cyborg 04-27-2011 07:26 PM

i know you guys are working hard but...

Beta paching a beta pach... it's getting good, a bit like Monthy Python....

And that's remind me of the rise of flight video ( except for the last comment in it , nobody knew then...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLvLcawlH0

ICDP 04-27-2011 07:27 PM

I guess it could be seen as a semi good sign for us Crossfire users. It means that at least the sim is recognising both cards :)

Honestly, with some tweaking by the devs and a dedicated Crossfire profile we could get a nice FPS boost for Crossfire users.

Kankkis 04-27-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICDP (Post 274634)
I guess it could be seen as a semi good sign for us Crossfire users. It means that at least the sim is recognising both cards :)

Honestly, with some tweaking by the devs and a dedicated Crossfire profile we could get a nice FPS boost for Crossfire users.

Thats maybe true yeah, but i have single card 2 GPU card 5970 there is no way to turn second GPU off.

ATAG_Doc 04-27-2011 07:41 PM

I am getting random crashes with the update prior to this one. I cannot duplicate it as it seems completely random. I have the crash data if you're interested. @ work at the moment but can get it and post it later if you desire. Other than that so far I have not much to complain about. I just love the FM its very good. Enjoy your holidays and I suggest you stay away from the forums and totally unplug. :)

322Sqn_Dusty 04-27-2011 07:44 PM

Flickering is indeed an issue with crossfire. I'll try with one again.

Kankkis 04-27-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 322Sqn_Dusty (Post 274647)
Flickering is indeed an issue with crossfire. I'll try with one again.

I got terrible stuttering too with my 5970 Crossfire card too, even over water + flickering textures. my game stutters real badly, even over water it was totally unplayable.

W0ef 04-27-2011 08:16 PM

Right, I tested the patch and have to say, runs smooth and AA seems to be functioning a lot better because fullscreen seems to finally be working properly.
No serious fps improvements or anything, visual quality overall seems better though because of Anti-Aliasing.

Now only the three blue lines and I'm a happy puppy XD.

Radeon hd6970
i5-2500k@stock (3.3ghz)
8 Gig Kingston DD3 @1300 mhz
Win7 64bit

KDN 04-27-2011 08:17 PM

I am not sure if it is ment to be like that but the fuel mixture on the Bf109E4 is not functioning anymore nor is it selectable with the mouse in clickable cockpit.

tanker 21 04-27-2011 08:17 PM

Realy want to buy . But with an 4870x2, still seems a little way off :(

palker4 04-27-2011 08:18 PM

Their grandfathers beat Hitler so they sons and grandsons could take a week off

robtek 04-27-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDN (Post 274663)
I am not sure if it is ment to be like that but the fuel mixture on the Bf109E4 is not functioning anymore nor is it selectable with the mouse in clickable cockpit.

First: there is no Bf109E4 in this game, yet
Second: Fuel mixture in the Bf109 is automatic!
Third: The lever, mistakenly marked mixture, controls the ignition timing. Pull for early ignition, used only to start the engine and for cleaning fouled spark-plugs, on the ground!

JumpingHubert 04-27-2011 08:34 PM

Hi,
are there plans in the future to get Antialiasing working? Only a few words pls.

reflected 04-27-2011 08:36 PM

New beta: Loads of crashes, sometimes when I start the game!

Also, gun belting selection doesn't work in QMB anymore.
Still can't select skins and weathering, but that has never worked.

Plt Off JRB Meaker 04-27-2011 08:37 PM

Thanks Luthier,we appreciate the hard work you guys are putting in to make this work for us all.;)

acare84 04-27-2011 08:45 PM

Game runs better after this patch on my rig. Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0 GHZ, Geforce GTX 570, 4 GB RAM on Windows 7 - 64 Bit. Thanks for the patch.

HamishUK 04-27-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker (Post 274678)
Thanks Luthier,we appreciate the hard work you guys are putting in to make this work for us all.;)

and so they should!

Doc_uk 04-27-2011 08:55 PM

Have the load-outs been fixed yet :)

studiox19 04-27-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reflected (Post 274677)
New beta: Loads of crashes, sometimes when I start the game!

Also, gun belting selection doesn't work in QMB anymore.
Still can't select skins and weathering, but that has never worked.

One IMPORTANT step to take is to delete all the files in 1cSoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache.

I had crashes and now none . . . . . . . . . . . . .:grin:

Capt Backasswards 04-27-2011 08:57 PM

You guys on the developement team are all right, I don't care what those Moscow girls kept telling me. :) Enjoy your vacation.

rakinroll 04-27-2011 09:01 PM

Thank you Luthier.

PeterPanPan 04-27-2011 09:01 PM

I have not experienced this before, but post-patch, I just had a total system freeze and then CTD whilst in one of the stock quick missions - British Attack, Column. Put lead a/c on autopilot and was just watching in F2 view when it happened.

VSYNC was selected, which was my only game setting change from previous weeks.

PPanPan

Capt Backasswards 04-27-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcler002 (Post 274623)
I shall download it on my gaming pc asap!!!

i assume we should "roll back", then install the new beta patch
Ross

No! I'm sure all you need to do is overwrite files and you don't have to roll back anything.

jf1981 04-27-2011 09:07 PM

BTW still lag btw joystick & control, looks like few hundreds of ms delay and low refreshment rate.

This makes control of the plane rather difficult.

Regards

Kwiatek 04-27-2011 09:12 PM

Well i still got some graphic artefacts like dark long straight lines into land and water, Vsync dont work correctly, and i got game freezes

My system is XP 32bit, GTX280, Dual Core, 4gb Ram

Mattius 04-27-2011 09:12 PM

Smooth & good FPS, (even on my lowly system - Surprised there, especially as I have a dual CPU & NOT a quad!!). Sure there are odd bugs mainly sound & radio issues....
One weird thing in the Allies campaign on ther 8th mission where you have to join the Spitfires @ Manston. I spot some 109's but when I engage my guns will not fire??

Overall much better than previous Beta patch though. :grin:

Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Very Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forests - Low
Visual Effects - Medium
Texture Quality - High
Damage Decal - Medium
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Low
Grass - Off
Shadows - Off :(
Roads - On

2 x AA, 1280 x 768, SSAO OFF.

322Sqn_Dusty 04-27-2011 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's less delay on the trigger than before. Running with one 4890 fixes the flickering and on almost the highest settings London is flyable.

* Mirror is still garbled and works like a Magnifying Glass.

Taking a screenshot doesn't seem to work ingame? Screens are taken from the clipboard atm. No new bmp files in the map. Anyone?

Loadouts etc can be done in Quickmissions on the briefing screen. I could change the belts with no problem.

Rattlehead 04-27-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier (Post 274570)

Updates to AI, FM and plane performance figures are in the works, but they take longer to implement and test.

I have been waiting so long to hear this news, especially about the AI. :)

Doc_uk 04-27-2011 09:21 PM

Im getting bad stutters now when ever text appears on screen:(
Can we not have an option in the settings to disable all text?, realy does ruin the game
Also getting the odd 1 second pause now and again:(

Langnasen 04-27-2011 09:24 PM

Has anyone else found their screenshots aren't working anymore?

I turned off FSAA, to see how many extra frames it would give me (about 6 at 2560 x 1600) and I swear it looks better.

However, I'm getting more stuttery jerkiness than before. And the white edges on buildings shimmer/glitter horribly. Also some buildings are failing to load now, I'm seeing only their foundations (half a village in one case).

Tvrdi 04-27-2011 09:26 PM

this is much better....with latest beta patch I have the same FPS but game is much smoother (tried only online)....TiR movement specially is much smoother...good job...I just had some probs connecting to some servers and sometimes i got disconnected

15JG52_Brauer 04-27-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_uk (Post 274720)
Can we not have an option in the settings to disable all text?, realy does ruin the game

You can just alt click on the window, then right click on it - choose either close or customise and you can either close it or remove speech from the option to stop it being displayed - also console input/output - should fix it as a temporary solution - simples ;-)

pupo162 04-27-2011 09:31 PM

Cant alt tab from game anyomre. When restored game gets into a 400x300 or likewise video resolution

FZG_Immel 04-27-2011 09:33 PM

is the ANti Aliasing working for you guys ??? I still have a very aliased cockpit bars in the Hurricane, for example ?

What drivers are you using ?

what settings the the nvidia control center ?

Plt Off JRB Meaker 04-27-2011 09:37 PM

Yeah,this is not good for me ,I have to say this is by far the worst of all the patches on my system so far.There's stutters,flickering,the aircraft are changing colour whilst flying,the whole landscape is flickering badly,it's not been this bad before.

I'm going toroll back to the last patch,otherwise this will drive me mad.

JumpingHubert 04-27-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZG_Immel (Post 274729)
is the ANti Aliasing working for you guys ??? I still have a very aliased cockpit bars in the Hurricane, for example ?

What drivers are you using ?

what settings the the nvidia control center ?

still not fixed, tried all combinations in nvidia control panel. But vsynch is working now for me.

Flanker35M 04-27-2011 09:40 PM

S!

Got back some of the FPS, but seems every time I launch the game the houses are missing etc. After a reload of mission they seem to appear again. Also got strange green stripes in rows on ground and sea with this patch.

Stutter is there a little bit still and seems more if building amount is lowered. Need to find a "golden middle" for the detail of houses so they appear as houses, not brown boxes that get texture when you are almost on top of them(one reason for stutter too!).

Good to see CrossFire is there, now AMD needs to make a CAP for it as soon as possible. Fill in the feedback form people! There were similar flickers in other games with CrossFire, but CAPs fixed that. And they release them in good pace.

Need to test more during weekend...

FZG_Immel 04-27-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpingHubert (Post 274739)
still not fixed, tried all combinations in nvidia control panel. But vsynch is working now for me.

Kinda working for me.. I can notice a good difference in between OFF and x8 setting in game..

but still some parts are aliased badly in 8x, like the Hurricane horizontal (superior parts) cockpit bars.

Ivan Fooker 04-27-2011 09:52 PM

could s.o. plöz provide another mirror.
Megaupload isnt reachable anymore...file removed.

Hellbender 04-27-2011 09:55 PM

The stutters have been reduced drastically in comparison to the previous beta, however I can´t ALT-TAB out anymore, the screen is pitch black then :mad: .

Nitrous 04-27-2011 09:57 PM

Thanks to all those that are working hard on patches for CloD.

Game is great now.

All I want from you guys is for other people to be able to join my COOP missions on the Channel Map.

Please fix the COOP issue on the Channel Map.

I have Loads of missons made but no-one to play them with.

Many Thanks again and enjoy your holiday.

Houndstone Hawk 04-27-2011 09:59 PM

Last weeks Beta was bad for me but this one is absolutely awful. FPS down by a huge margin, Frequent crashes & freezing. FMB crashes now when zoomed to a close detail level.
Have cleared the cache before patching etc. A valiant effort but (for me) by far the worst couple of Betas. Rolling back to 1:00:14101 :(

jibo 04-27-2011 10:05 PM

give your computer specs Houndstone Hawk

JZG_Con 04-27-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2033cyborg (Post 274633)
Beta paching a beta pach... it's getting good, a bit like Monthy Python....

And that's remind me of the rise of flight video ( except for the last comment in it , nobody knew then...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLvLcawlH0

awsome ..lol...made my night ......LOL :o
A Dream within a dream ..a patch within a patch..i must say the new patch today has made online flying alot easier smooth in combat , but after a few respawns noticed stuttering ...but big improvment

Buzzer 04-27-2011 10:23 PM

Patch seems a bit better for me (then the previous one 14214).
FPS better, and seems a bit more stable. ie no launcher error (yet...2h testing online and offline).

View, especially from cockpit, seems a bit more "wobbly"...ie turning on VSync fixes it but takes too many fps, so better with VSync off my system.

Seems like AA is working.

Still got some freezes. More noticeable when flying long missions.
Also a freeze every time I fire the guns for the first time...a bit irritating as it puts off the aim every first squeeze. Is it not possible to load the guns into memory before I use em...(?).

Anyway - Keep up the good work!

Houndstone Hawk 04-27-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibo (Post 274758)
give your computer specs Houndstone Hawk

My specs: Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 2.66GHz @ 2.67GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 580 amp! edition with latest drivers & Windows 7 64 with SP1. Running thru an LCD 32" display at 1360x768 res.

Am using a custom made FMB mission that I created as direct result comparisons with no change in graphic settings (most on medium, low buildings etc).

Pre latest Betas, my inland mission FPS from start to finish is in the 35-50 bracket but with the latest Betas (no changes remember, & SSAO, Vsync & AA off), same mission, FPS now range from 17-32.

IvanK 04-27-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDN (Post 274663)

He hee he thats because the E3 didnt have a mixture control .... its been like that for a while :)

mrburns 04-27-2011 11:12 PM

Wish the map would zoom in and out from the point where the cursor is located. You could point at a spot and zoom into it. Now, you zoom in and then you have to scroll the map.

droz 04-27-2011 11:18 PM

MUCH better this time.

Zappatime 04-27-2011 11:19 PM

Freezing Italian Bombers

The Italian Bombers in Quick Mission 024 still freeze in mid air once over land as in the previous beta:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...4-28_00001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...4-28_00002.jpg

Luftrofl 04-27-2011 11:21 PM

Stuttering is the same, escape key still goes to desktop when trying to access menu, HD5750 still stuck at 400mhz.

utu 04-27-2011 11:25 PM

Better than the previous beta for me, but AA + vsync on is not so smooth, turning off the AA only turns very smooth. I think that the AA needs a little touch and will good. I tried one of the new missions, some BR20 appear perfectly freezed in the sky, they were a serious obstacle where my new 109 crashed. The problem with the epileptic shaking at high altitude is still there.

Dano 04-27-2011 11:33 PM

Patch has generated stutter for me, was running smooth in the main, not so now. i5 2500k, Asus P8P67 Pro, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz, MSi 1GB Twin FrozR 560Ti, W7 x64.

Screenshots are also broken, alt-tabbing in and out causes lockups approx 70% of the time. Am also now starting to see graphical corruption seen posted by others, AA still doesn't work properly.

All in all, a big step backwards for me.

Rattlehead 04-27-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappatime (Post 274797)
The Italian Bombers in Quick Mission 024 still freeze in mid air once over land as in the previous beta:

They freeze in the FMB as well. This is apparent with the last patch.
(1.00.14101)

Lixma 04-27-2011 11:34 PM

Game crashes on loading any mission; unusable. The menu is also incredibly laggy and it seems to take 3 times as long to launch from desktop.

However it runs if I switch full-screen off.

i7-930
6gigs RAM
ATI-HD5870 (Cat 11.3)
Win-7 64.

skouras 04-27-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpingHubert (Post 274675)
Hi,
are there plans in the future to get Antialiasing working? Only a few words pls.

angreed:-)

BlackbusheFlyer 04-28-2011 12:39 AM

Patch works great for me, I downloaded from the link provided then followed others suggestions by right clicking the file going to properties, UNBLOCK then extracting it over the top of the existing files. I also deleted everything in the cache folder.

My framerate appears to have improved by about 10 fps and a really intense mission had no stuttering.

Those experiencing problems, did you unblock the file first before extracting?

Hunden 04-28-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_uk (Post 274720)

I can't recall exactly how i did it but I think I right clicked on the text mesg. and then it gave me some type of option. Like I said I don't remember how I did it but I haven't figured how to get them back either but im ok with that to. Oh also got rid of everything else on the screen the same way and I also cant figure how to get those back either.:grin:

Hunden 04-28-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker (Post 274737)
Yeah,this is not good for me ,I have to say this is by far the worst of all the patches on my system so far.There's stutters,flickering,the aircraft are changing colour whilst flying,the whole landscape is flickering badly,it's not been this bad before.

I'm going toroll back to the last patch,otherwise this will drive me mad.

Are you in crossfire? You will want to disable crossfire

Dano 04-28-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackbusheFlyer (Post 274832)
Those experiencing problems, did you unblock the file first before extracting?

As an experiment, try extracting them without unlocking, it makes no difference whatsoever on my system, same files, same issues.

Skoshi Tiger 04-28-2011 01:01 AM

Wow! patch has really improved my performance. Even restarted the campaign to experience it with more detail.

Cheers and thanks to the development team for their hard work!

ATAG_Dutch 04-28-2011 01:02 AM

Some graphics anomalies as per previous beta, with lines of landscape in the middle of the sea, but gameplay much more smooth overall.

No apparent stuttering.

Screen tearing with V-synch enabled and using trackIR has gone where it was very bad previously, although over land moving my head reduces frame rate quite significantly.

All settings in game on very high/original, AA off. Aero off.

CCC set with all 'application controlled' functions disabled and all 3D effects set to 2x.
Tessalation disabled.

Getting 25-35 FPS average on 'Bomber Intercept' mission with medium clouds which is very playable.

18-25 FPS average on 'Free Flight - England' mission overland which is still playable, but with no clouds. The addition of clouds reduces frame rate to 12-18 average, sometimes dropping to 9 or 10 average close to the grass.

i7 860 @2.8ghz, 6 gig DDR3, ATI 5770. 1920x1080

This is now really getting somewhere and as you can see, my system is by no means top of the range, although I think it's still above 'recommended' specs, apart from maybe the graphics card. :)

Blackdog_kt 04-28-2011 01:12 AM

Massive improvement for me. Now my Ati 4890 automatically increases its clock speeds when i'm flying. I would still get higher FPS if i forced it to constantly use max factory clock speeds with the previous beta patch but that ended up with high temps and reboots, so i'm definitely glad that it can now detect i'm running a game and scales up on its own without issues.

Even though it hovers around 30 FPS with the occasional dip in the low 20s, i find that the improved consistency of the frame-rates makes it completely imperceptible to me. Now all i need is a frame limiter to set it to about 30 FPS so that it can catch up a bit easier and i'm set.

That being said, i didn't try skimming the roof-tops over London, but the QMB ground attack missions that have a lot of ground objects (static and units) and aircraft run fine.

I use Win7 x64, i7 920 @ 2.7 Ghz, Ati 4890 1GB and only 3GB of RAM and it runs very very well, despite even my RAM being close to full all the time (maybe that's the only thing i should upgrade at some point and double it to 6GB).

My settings are:
1680x1050 (native monitor resolution)
Models, effects and land shadows on high
Building detail on low
Most of the rest on medium
Roads, grass and shadows on
SSAO off
AA off (or x1-x2, i can't really remember)

Not bad at all i'd say, especially if you consider that i have a two year old system. I'm very glad i didn't start throwing money and hardware at the problem, waiting for the optimizations instead.

I just downloaded the patch, copied it into the game folder (just in case) and extracted there, pressing "yes to all" when it asked me about over-writing existing files, then deleted the compressed archive file i had previously copied over (i keep them in a separate folder anyway).
Then, i went into my documents\1c softclub\etc folder and emptied my cache so that it rebuilds it properly after launch.

It does take a bit longer to load up which i would say is a good sign, it probably means it loads more of what it needs before spawning into the mission, making it easier to reduce stutters.

Enjoy your well deserved rest, it seems i finally have a playable sim as far as performance is concerned.

I think that it will only take 1-2 more patches to completely sort out the final performance issues, enable crossfire/SLI for the people that use it, etc, then it's on to the gameplay bugs which should hopefully be much simpler to correct.

Although i do secretly hope that the Ju88's gyrocompass will be fixed in the final live patch on Friday (just checked it and it's still stuck) along with a few other things (mixture settings in the Hurri and mixture controls in the Tiger moth for example), i can certainly keep busy for 2-3 weeks with what i have now.

As a final note i would like to echo what another user said, it would be useful to have a list of changes so that we know what to test for. Other than that, bloody good job overall ;)

Eckhart 04-28-2011 01:23 AM

Great work thx a lot! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no other change)

Fantastic !!!

This destroyed the whole gameplay. Sh.t happens and not all patches are successful immediately for everybody but this is an utter catastrophe :evil::evil::evil:

My triple SLI setup was fully loaded before with the previous patch but having this stuff watercooled...who cares

Now it is loaded at a gentle 9 percent for GPU 3, 12 percent for GPU 2 and 41 percent for GPU 1. CPU multicore is certainly better: before core 1 was loaded at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

Now can somebody tell me how to do a roll back to the last patch so I can fly again ...or do I have to dig out Wings of Prey, switch to UP 3.0, HSFX 5.1 or enjoy my 767 in FSX???

Derinahon 04-28-2011 01:46 AM

The patch didn't present any problems for me. Frame rate has slightly improved over land and stutters are manageable at medium settings. The map is easier to read with much better icons/markers especially airfields. Looking around with Trackir is pretty choppy where it was smooth previously (EDIT Fixed this, my fault).

An unimportant side note: I'd really like to see the map already focused to the area of operation at the beginning of the mission and also an option for the map to follow the player, if that makes sense.

Anyway, keep up the good work and have a nice break.

Derinahon 04-28-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eckhart (Post 274850)

Now can somebody tell me how to do a roll back to the last patch so I can fly again ...or do I have to dig out Wings of Prey, switch to UP 3.0, HSFX 5.1 or enjoy my 767 in FSX???

In Steam, right click the game > Properties.
Click 'Local Files' tab > Click 'Verify Integrety Of Game Cache'

...and calm lol :)

15JG52_Brauer 04-28-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no other change)

Fantastic !!!

This destroyed the whole gameplay. Sh.t happens and not all patches are successful immediately for everybody but this is an utter catastrophe :evil::evil::evil:

My triple SLI setup was fully loaded before with the previous patch but having this stuff watercooled...who cares

Now it is loaded at a gentle 9 percent for GPU 3, 12 percent for GPU 2 and 41 percent for GPU 1. CPU multicore is certainly better: before core 1 was loaded at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

I have a very similar system - except with only 2 aircooled gtx480's in SLI not 3 LC ones- oh and I only have 1 monitor and usually play at 1680*1050 or 1900*1200 - looking forward to SLI working so I can go to 2500*1600. The patch gives me just as good or slightly better FPS as the last patch - though I have not done a bench yet (Just played smoothly online in Syndicate server - same one you were in I believe) - SLI has never worked so I'd be amazed if you had all 3 GPU's loaded before, unless you forced it - and my earlier tests forcing AFR on my system showed lower FPS than single GPU. Maybe there is a problem with sorround screen , and the combined resolution is just to much, but it is odd that it has dropped so much - try checking all your system settings and disable AA to see if that helps - other than that I cant think why it should have gotten worse if the previous beta worked for you. To get back to the stock version just get Steam to verify game cache integrity - it will then reload the files needed - and you could then put the first beta patch back on if you like.

JG14_Jagr 04-28-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk (Post 274756)
Last weeks Beta was bad for me but this one is absolutely awful. FPS down by a huge margin, Frequent crashes & freezing. FMB crashes now when zoomed to a close detail level.
Have cleared the cache before patching etc. A valiant effort but (for me) by far the worst couple of Betas. Rolling back to 1:00:14101 :(

Not posting your hardware configuration in your signature makes it impossible for them to get any good information from your statement..

Eckhart 04-28-2011 02:29 AM

Thx for the advice :)
I am running AIDA64 on my Logitech G19 screen which gives me realtime info about essential items (FPS is tested with FRAPS). So I had all three GPUs work at full load with the last beta patch. No stutter, smooth gameplay and temperature around 64 degrees Celsisus thx to watercooling. Now basically the whole is unplayable and I had to go back to previous full version (back to 32 FPS average with bomber intercept). And no I did not modify anything inside the Nvidia control panel...High quality everything else is standard.

louisv 04-28-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no...
... at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

Your problem is clearly not with the patch itself man, read the thread and check if you cleared the cache, turned on aero if in full screen mode and disbled SLI...etc...What would be so special about your system that would break everything...come on. Damned the Canadiens just lost to Boston in OT...

Eckhart 04-28-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louisv (Post 274871)
Your problem is clearly not with the patch itself man, read the thread and check if you cleared the cache, turned on aero if in full screen mode and disbled SLI...etc...What would be so special about your system that would break everything...come on. Damned the Canadiens just lost to Boston in OT...

what is so special...you tell me..once you start flying in surround mode you will never want to go back. Ask others..I had triple SLI working full power before ( why I don't know), now at a walking pace. You think disabling SLI will make me enjoy this patch and bring my FPS beyond what I had before??
And I don't use Aero so why should this interfer?

Go Maple Leafs Go (...in fact they are not better than this patch)

seiseki 04-28-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 274582)
Thank you Luthier, I'm happy to hear that you're taking some time off, hope everybody manages to relax a little :)

Yes, working late nights without weekends sounds really tough.

Please DO take some time to relax and recharge your energy!
And not just some of you, all of you!

AARPRazorbacks 04-28-2011 03:21 AM

Eckhart, sorry to see your have trouble.:(

This beta is working very good for my system. Thanks for the map also.

flyer01:)

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
Ram 4GB
550 watt power supply
Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Duel partition
Windows XP Pro 32bit.
Windows 7 64 bit.
CoD in W-7 64 bit