Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover Retail Patch v 1.01.14550 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23002)

kakkola 05-19-2011 01:02 AM

Game patched!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stutters came back like crazy.............. damn!!!
Still a mess this thing....(got worse)
That`s it i give up,i wanted to give it another chance.....(next 2-3 months maybe)
The positive thing is that i spent only 14 dollars for this POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
win 7
Phenom x4 965 3.4ghz
8 gig ram
gtx 570 1280 mb

kakkola 05-19-2011 01:05 AM

Oh i forgot,
I tried only solo flight with 1 plane...................!!!!!

Redroach 05-19-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt (Post 285154)
It's a bug but not in the way you describe it.

They made the prop pitch control a spring loaded switch like it was in the real one.

What it should be doing: change the pitch to fine for as long as you hold it up, coarsen pitch as long as you hold it down, snap back to neutral and leave the pitch where it is when you take your hand off it.

What it does: starts in neutral, the moment you give it a pitch command it will "stick" to one of the extreme positions and stay there when you are not really making any inputs to it.

This makes it impossible to control RPM, because it will either be going to high RPM and you'll need to keep reducing them, or going to low RPM and you'll need to be increasing then...constantly throughout the mission.

In regards to performance FPS is better (not more FPS, but more stable frame rates) so i guess the full screen mode is fixed.

We just can't fly anything with a DB engine and CEM on until some kind of hot-fix corrects the pitch issue.

I just did a quick 5 minutes-test on this to see it for myself... Quick mission in the Bf 109 E-3, Airstart. The first, single, "prop-pitch down" command caused the prop pitch to go all the way down to minimum, i.e. full coarse. I think my engine went out as well - i had no sounds on.
In that condition, prop-pitch up commands caused PP to go up by the usual increments - before falling back down to min. PP. By holding the PP up key, you could conceivably go up to maximum again - as long as you hold the button; I didn't test that, though. :rolleyes:

Cool, now the BF 109 seems to be un-flyable as well... I'm starting to think that CoD is just a cruel, sadistic, VERY elaborate hoax. :?

Edit: Another quick test of loadout options yielded nothing, as was expected.

justme262 05-19-2011 01:26 AM

Prop pitch bug makes 109 unflyable. 2 steps forward 3 steps backward.
Disappointed...

I just checked the 109E3, 109 E3B, 110C4, 110C7 all have same prop pitch bug :(
I tried changing the keys for prop pitch but it didn't help.

Ok I tried assigning prop pitch to the U-slider on my flight stick and it works. Of course I had to assign throttle to the keyboard.

IvanK 05-19-2011 01:28 AM

Prop Pitch bug on DB601 advised to Devs directly, hopefully for immediate attention.

Gollum 05-19-2011 01:32 AM

Big patch of crap

My game used to work and run perfectly (based on smoothness alone).. I could at least play before this patch. I didn't download BETA patches for a reason. Now I was forced to download a BETA patch and cant even play the game anymore. This is the first time I have an FPS problem from day one and my buddy couldn't even follow me because my wings were flashing like disco lights. I have top of the line rig that used to run the game perfect, now it runs like an elephant in marmalade. You know somethings wrong when after one patch and 4 beta patches and it's worse then it was the first day I ran it with no patches at all????

WTF!!!!

Fix one thing a month if thats what it takes but at least make sure the thing is fixed and it will improve the game before releasing it.

BETA test your patches before forcing us to download them!!!

UNBELIEVABLE I'm amost out of trust completely.

-A severely upset fan hanging on a thread.
:evil:

SG1_Lud 05-19-2011 01:33 AM

My pp is working fine in the 109 E3 ¿maybe because I have it mapped to an analogue axis?

Gollum 05-19-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanK (Post 285176)
Prop Pitch bug on DB601 advised to Devs directly, hopefully for immediate attention.

Not sure if its a bug. 3 positions. (not sure how accurate historically).

1) up - fines prop
2) middle - Prop fixed at position
3) down - coursens prop.

I'm still mad though.== see post above

Orpheus 05-19-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 285178)
I didn't download BETA patches for a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 285178)
BETA test your patches before forcing us to download them!!!

Er, they did, and you didn't download them. Chill out Precious. ;)

Redroach 05-19-2011 01:46 AM

Gollum, you don't happen to own an ATI graphics card, do you?