Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   New B17 film "Fortress" (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27711)

dkwookie 11-08-2011 09:41 AM

New B17 film "Fortress"
 
Looks like 2012 is going to be a good year for us WW2 aviation enthusiasts. First and foremost we have Birds Of Steel, then George Lucas Red Tails film, and I also came across this new film about a B17 crew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJnp_-WqPqg

Looks like they have gone the Saving Private Ryan route of more accurate violence. Be interested to see how that pans out as I think we can all imagine the effects on a human body a 109 cannon burst would have

CrashLanding 11-08-2011 09:50 AM

Looks like an independent film. Nothing real flashy. Might be good. Is it me or does the CGI look better in that than in the Red Tails trailers?

StiC 11-08-2011 02:06 PM

Summer 2010?

dkwookie 11-08-2011 05:30 PM

Yeah I am confused by the summer 2010 bit. I hadn't seen that trailer before posting it. I was going from the IMDB page where it says coming soon, in theaters January 1st. Maybe it had a distribution issue and was sat on the shelf.
Here is the IMDB page;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558575/?mode=desktop

Also when I mentioned the violence I was going by the trailer on IMDB which shows some horrific bullet hits to waist gunner and co pilot.

I think the CGI in this is far superior to that in the Red Tails trailer. Some of the shots are photo realistic, particularly the B17 over the desert. Be interesting to see if it is all CG or if they had a real aircraft for the shoot.

bobbysocks 11-08-2011 05:41 PM

looks good! IMDb has the release date as jan 1, 2012 but that is probably like games....sometime in 2012. looks like something i will go see on the big screen.

ooopps dk beat me to the punch...

flynlion 11-08-2011 06:06 PM

I dunno, looks like the same old cliches and cartoony CGI to me :confused:

dkwookie 11-08-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flynlion (Post 359629)
I dunno, looks like the same old cliches and cartoony CGI to me :confused:

Beggers cant be chosers! The last B17 film was 22 years ago...

Robotic Pope 11-08-2011 07:27 PM

Two rather damning reviews on the IMDB site.

Quote:

I had the misfortune recently to watch this tripe, and i feel it is my public duty to warn others from making the same mistake. This film has to go down as one of the worst ever made. The acting is dreadful, the soundtrack appalling and out of place. I stomached 45 minutes of it before it had to be turned off. If there is any justice in this world Mike Phillips would not be allowed to direct another film, nor Adam Klein be allowed near any form of writing implement. An insult to the thousands of men who lost their lives in the air in WWII

flynlion 11-08-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkwookie (Post 359649)
Beggers cant be chosers! The last B17 film was 22 years ago...

And that movie sucked.

olife 11-08-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkwookie (Post 359471)
Looks like 2012 is going to be a good year for us WW2 aviation enthusiasts. First and foremost we have Birds Of Steel, then George Lucas Red Tails film, and I also came across this new film about a B17 crew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJnp_-WqPqg

Looks like they have gone the Saving Private Ryan route of more accurate violence. Be interested to see how that pans out as I think we can all imagine the effects on a human body a 109 cannon burst would have

yeeeeaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!millions thanks for sharing bro!!!!!
very nice!!!thx again

friendly
olife


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.