Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   A Farewell to dragons (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Has anyone managed to finish the game? (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11038)

Gniarf 11-15-2009 11:44 PM

Has anyone managed to finish the game?
 
At the end of the game you're supposed to talk with the boss before beating him, however the game crashes as soon as I approach (sure, it's the ultimate way to defeat the player, but that's not the way it's supposed to end!).

Question1: has anyone managed to talk to the boss?
Question2: are there crash logs somewhere to help me diagnose the cause?

ZIGS 11-16-2009 02:28 AM

How long did it take you to reach the ending?

Gniarf 11-16-2009 12:58 PM

I didn't count, I'd say about 35h, but that's NOT the point here!

persoiranian 11-16-2009 08:01 PM

haven't finished the game yet so i cant help. i'm too slow and i wish others will finish the game soon to see if the problem is epidemic or not? didn't see crash log anywhere.
have you asked the question from 1c technical support?

Gniarf 11-17-2009 03:23 AM

No, not yet, anyway either it's just my computer (unlikely imho) and in that case I'll solve my issue myself OR everyone crashes at the end and the tech support won't be able to do much as they don't have the source code.

persoiranian 11-17-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gniarf (Post 120063)
the tech support won't be able to do much as they don't have the source code.

yes but perhaps they can request a patch directly from the devs.

Gniarf 11-17-2009 06:00 PM

True, but I'm kinda used to try everything by myself before contacting the tech support (as a matter of fact, I only contacted a tech support once). Fixing issues yourself is more gratifying, AND you don't look like a crybaby AND it can be fun sometimes (did I mention I unpacked the .pk files and found some leftovers from...Dawn of Magic!?).
Anyway whining at the tech support is definitely not the first thing I do.

persoiranian 11-17-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gniarf (Post 120155)
True, but I'm kinda used to try everything by myself before contacting the tech support (as a matter of fact, I only contacted a tech support once). Fixing issues yourself is more gratifying, AND you don't look like a crybaby AND it can be fun sometimes (did I mention I unpacked the .pk files and found some leftovers from...Dawn of Magic!?).
Anyway whining at the tech support is definitely not the first thing I do.

interesting.:grin:and you said leftovers from down of magic??!!:eek:

have you solved the problem? in the official russian forum of the game, i found a topic about bugs,but didn't see anything about this,this bug is only for the english version and i dont think they really want to create a patch for this:(

persoiranian 11-17-2009 07:00 PM

and a question:
how did you unpacked the .pk files?

Gniarf 11-18-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persoiranian (Post 120180)
in the official russian forum of the game, i found a topic about bugs,but didn't see anything about this,this bug is only for the english version and i dont think they really want to create a patch for this:(

Interesting :/ ...So the core of the game is correct but somehow something went wrong when localizing. It gives clues where to look for. (or I might be the only idiot with this problem)

Quote:

Originally Posted by persoiranian (Post 120181)
and a question:
how did you unpacked the .pk files?

hehe, I wrote my own unpacker.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by persoiranian (Post 120180)
have you solved the problem?

Partly yes, thanks to your useful intel: removed media1.pk (the russian to english patch) and tcha-tchin! I can talk to the boss........in russian, but that's better than windowsdesktopian. I'll now see If I can get it back in english.

PS:You see nice picture during loadtimes, right? In the russian version there is also half a page of text; too bad I don't know what's it's about.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.