Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Im tired of this! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15125)

Melkor 06-11-2010 12:58 PM

Im tired of this!
 
The developers of this game put a lot of hard work into making this game for us!
They didnt make the game to hear your complaints about how the game sucks so bad, and if it sucked so bad why are you guys still on this forum, or playing the game???, If there are problems they will patch it or fix it soon....

USA Trucker 06-11-2010 03:01 PM

People have a right to compliment & complain. That's what forums are all about along with the exchange of ideas & strategies. You've only been here a day, or so. The words/phrases you chose where not the best way to introduce yourself.

We'll test the water here, and see how it goes. Hopefully it will be civil. If it gets out of control, I'll delete the thread, and any following threads like it.

kennyb87 06-11-2010 05:06 PM

I really don't understand your thread. The game was in development for years, how many other games have such a good enviroment it takes an hour to drive from the bottom to the top. Sure the game has bugs but with a little time they will be taken out. I can easily waste 2 or 3 hours playing this game just because I find it fun

USA Trucker 06-11-2010 05:24 PM

I think his major complaint is people complaining about the game, and he's just tired of reading about it.

Dobrod 06-18-2010 12:15 PM

Machine translation from one of the russian forums :

Generally interesting - the main problem of this game, and unfortunately, no path can fix it, thats it done by the same people as the KOTR. They are at age, when they should provide conceptual guidance, producing, but they were sculptured game on their knees, in their spare time, freed from their work as "code monkey` s ". As a result, - for KOTR we can gratitude them, but for R`N`R - we should smash them in the face.
For what little hands clutching a brand, and not let the bread upon the waters, so he returned to them many times over.
They complain that they say they hurried. What is interesting, but who would not hurry after 8 years of a sluggish picking? There was no need to enter into an agreement with publishers, and so, no one would have to hurry them. Anyway, they making it in spare time. Killed by greed shtetl project. Global-minded Jew in the designer was not there. Pity.

gfredo 06-18-2010 06:17 PM

Entire map ?
 
Hello

I too am tired of seeing negative opinions on this game

But I love it, I think it's great even if it is a little buggy, it's what gives it its charm!

We must not forget that it is an independent game.

I have a small question for you is that at the beginning of the game we have the whole map?

Does it extend when I finish the game? I'm 11 warehouses but the card has not changed. Is there any new cities to explore?

I have played since April 16 and frankly I do not stop most is my favorite game simulation / arcade. And Tridef, I play 3d terrain (anaglyph) is a whole other dimension that is offered to you.

Pete379exhd 06-19-2010 01:29 AM

The reason I wasn't to impressed by the game is due to the simple fact that it took almost a decade to make. It was supposed to be a "simulator" and it's really not. Yea it's got good graphics but the 18 wos series is more simulation than Rig N Roll. That and the designers wanted to make it like the U.S. using paccar, navistar, etc, yet you get a 5 spd to start out with. There isn't a tractor in the U.S. that has a 5spd in it. Lowest I've seen is an 8. So it's not accurate. apparently they didn't know as much about the trucking industry as they should've or they figured the people that buy it are to stupid to shift an 18 speed I don't know. but as of right now I think I can safely say that I've forgot more about the trucking industry than the designers will ever know.

Lolsmurf 06-19-2010 03:50 PM

SCS games are not more a simulation, the scenery on SCS games are all the same and you get bored in 2sec !

In RNR you get the chance to make choices and help people, you never know what to get when you start driving and thats the fun of it !

Flagman_20 06-19-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete379exhd (Post 165311)
The reason I wasn't to impressed by the game is due to the simple fact that it took almost a decade to make.

This phrase right here sums up why everybody's saying so much **** about the game.
People waited for so long, got their hopes so high, that, when the game came out, it didn't meet their expectations.
Whether it's because it's not a real simulator, or because it has bugs, or whatever - point is that people got mad that they waited so long for a game that's not what they hoped for. The only thing that gets me sad is that most people, when that happens, are like "This game is a complete **** up" or "This game is the worst game ever", and don't even bother to play the game for what it is. They're so biased by this, that they don't even consider all the good points it has. I feel sorry for the developers for putting up with this type of people. :/

Me, on the other hand, I am the exact opposite of this. I've waited for the game for so long that I couldn't bear to be dissapointed with it, so I had to overlook all of the bugs and things like that to like the game. And, once you do this, you start to realise how good of a game this is and how much attention to detail there is.

Now, of course, this is my oppinion. You guys are free to dislike the game. I just wished you could find more constructive ways to do that, and, perhaps, even help the developers make a newer, better game, than just flame them.

Elwenil 06-21-2010 07:33 AM

I think many people are hating this game because it is marketed as a trucking simulation but when they pay the money and install it, they are very disappointed with the arcade gameplay. If this game had been advertised as a trucking arcade racer, I would not have purchased it. Having bought a sim only to find out it's far from it, I was rather angry about it. Sure, it's a decent game IF you like this type of game. Personally, I think they owe me my money back since it was falsely represented. If I buy a motorcycle, I don't want to find a bicycle when it's shipped to me. It's the same with this game, I wanted a sim and got a arcade game that I personally find pointless and boring.

Oh, and as for why I personally come back on the forum even after I've long ago quit playing this game, I come back to spread the word. If I can help one person not get taken by buying this game under false pretenses, then I consider that a good thing. If they are looking for an arcade trucking game, go for it. If they are looking for a sim, I'd be less of a person to not warn them about what they are buying.

Lolsmurf 06-21-2010 11:11 AM

this game is more sim than 18WOS series

M76 06-21-2010 11:38 AM

True enough

This with all its flaws and bugs, still more simulation than the 18WOS series including euro truck will ever be.

Of course, its disappointing that it took them 10 years to make, and still it has King of the road's major bugs in it. But its more fun to play than all parts of 18wos added together.

The number of gears is not the sole measure of how accurate a simulation is. It is a problem, but that in itself won't make 18wos a better sim.

The ultimate game would be RnR's game dynamics and story mode, with RoR's physics. 18Wos doesn't fit in the equation at all.

Lolsmurf 06-21-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 165740)
True enough

This with all its flaws and bugs, still more simulation than the 18WOS series including euro truck will ever be.

Of course, its disappointing that it took them 10 years to make, and still it has King of the road's major bugs in it. But its more fun to play than all parts of 18wos added together.

The number of gears is not the sole measure of how accurate a simulation is. It is a problem, but that in itself won't make 18wos a better sim.

The ultimate game would be RnR's game dynamics and story mode, with RoR's physics. 18Wos doesn't fit in the equation at all.

amen dude !
I rather have 6 gears in stead of a truck who loses grip in every corner (SCS)

Elwenil 06-24-2010 08:02 AM

I hope you two are seeking mental help because you are obviously in need of it if you think this POS is in any way a simulation. What is it a simulation of? A simulation of someone playing an arcade trucking race game? If you are going to troll, at least make it a feasible argument.

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwenil (Post 166309)
I hope you two are seeking mental help because you are obviously in need of it if you think this POS is in any way a simulation. What is it a simulation of? A simulation of someone playing an arcade trucking race game? If you are going to troll, at least make it a feasible argument.

These 2 individuals are not trolling, they are voicing their opinions in a respectful manner. You by the very definition of the word are trolling, and insulting. This is your first, and last warning. Knock it off!:-x

kennyb87 06-24-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwenil (Post 166309)
I hope you two are seeking mental help because you are obviously in need of it if you think this POS is in any way a simulation. What is it a simulation of? A simulation of someone playing an arcade trucking race game? If you are going to troll, at least make it a feasible argument.


All the truck games that are out this is by far the the most realistic, SCS games ETS and the rest are all named simulator and I cannot see why a simulator based on a truck game has no clutch support and very undetailed maps. If you don't like this game then don't play it instead of being very abusive on forums dedicated to it.

Melkor 06-24-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 166349)
All the truck games that are out this is by far the the most realistic, SCS games ETS and the rest are all named simulator and I cannot see why a simulator based on a truck game has no clutch support and very undetailed maps. If you don't like this game then don't play it instead of being very abusive on forums dedicated to it.

I agree 100% with Kenny ^_^

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 03:25 PM

Guys, I see where this is headed. He made an error, and I made my point. Let's not provoke a negative response, and get back on topic. This thread got more positive & civil responses then I expected. Let's not spoil it now.;)

Lolsmurf 06-24-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 166349)
All the truck games that are out this is by far the the most realistic, SCS games ETS and the rest are all named simulator and I cannot see why a simulator based on a truck game has no clutch support and very undetailed maps. If you don't like this game then don't play it instead of being very abusive on forums dedicated to it.

So true !

RNR isn't a hardcore simulation like flight simulator or train simulator from Microsoft, but it is the most simulator like truckgame available on the market now and is by far more simulator than any of SCS's games...

I don't understand why people have to call us mentally handicapped because we give our personal opinion...

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmurf (Post 166420)
So true !

I don't understand why people have to call us mentally handicapped because we give our personal opinion...

This is my last warning!
Stop giving this guy fuel for the fire! Drop it, and let it be. All views, and points are duly noted. I will delete any further references toward his remark, or I'll close the thread.

kennyb87 06-24-2010 08:03 PM

USA trucker Elwenil has posted 5 times on this forum he must come in just to voice his disaproving opinion. The guys who post the most know this forum I myself have been offerd a moderators position but turned it down. I know I have some spelling mistakes in this but Im in a hurry as Im in a tractor bailing 35 acre of silage before I can get to my computer

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 166446)
USA trucker Elwenil has posted 5 times on this forum he must come in just to voice his disaproving opinion. The guys who post the most know this forum I myself have been offerd a moderators position but turned it down. I know I have some spelling mistakes in this but Im in a hurry as Im in a tractor bailing 35 acre of silage before I can get to my computer

I never criticized yours, or anyone else's grammar, or spelling (without provocation). I thinks it's childish to do so. I wrote this in another thread somewhere. You get no complaints here from me. I am also aware of you being offered a Moderators position. I was the one that recommended you to Nike-it & Sneaksie because, you have good insight into computers, RnR in general, and are well mannered.

What brought this up?:confused:

kennyb87 06-24-2010 08:19 PM

Nothing mate just the post about locking the thread over some person being negative in his post and me and a few other guys typing our opinions. I see this topic is getting messy so if you like delete the posts that make the topic look like a bag of jigsaw puzzles

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 166449)
Nothing mate just the post about locking the thread over some person being negative in his post and me and a few other guys typing our opinions. I see this topic is getting messy so if you like delete the posts that make the topic look like a bag of jigsaw puzzles

Deleting the thread was my second option. My first option is to delete any further remarks pertaining to Elwenils' insulting comments from all sides. Could we now get back on topic, and let me deal with Elwenil? Just PM me for further discussions on this matter.

kennyb87 06-24-2010 08:36 PM

Ok back to the thread
Like
Trucks and upgrades
The location and view is amazing
Story is cool I think 3 endings so thats alot of gameplay
Economic strategy is also nice

BAD
Optimization needs more work for people with older computers
AI fuel I dont ever see that being fixed wich isnt a problem to me but is to others
Warehouse not being able to pick up your load on the fith wheel and dock wich I guess also adds the trailer physics

That is some things I'm gonna say I'm sure you guys can come up with more

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 08:40 PM

You got my vote on all the above. Also post it on the "What's Good About Rig'n'Roll?" thread. All but the bad stuff though.

kennyb87 06-24-2010 08:49 PM

I'm not sure what section thats in if I find it i sure will tho

USA Trucker 06-24-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 166454)
I'm not sure what section thats in if I find it i sure will tho

One thread below this one. Look for the Green Arrow on the main forum.

kennyb87 06-24-2010 08:57 PM

AAA found it damn my 16 hour work shift posting now

Elwenil 06-27-2010 11:47 PM

Not to get everyone back off topic but I should at least apologize for how my comment was taken and explain my point. I meant the mental help comment sarcastically and while I do personally feel that considering RnR a simulation of any sort is laughable, I didn't mean that anyone honestly needed mental help. As for trolling, to me, trolling is posting something for the express reason of getting a hostile response. I considered the idea of this game being a simulation pretty far off in left field and I think that is the general consensus of even the unbiased postings here on this forum. I honestly cannot understand anyone seriously making the comment that RnR is a simulation as it fails to meet the definition on a number of points. I think in that light, my comment was more a response than actual trolling but I can see how if the "mental help" comment was taken as hostile instead of a dry humor joke, that someone could take my post as trolling.

Again I apologize to anyone who I seem to have offended. This game has bred many reactions to it, some of which are pretty bad. My own bad opinion of the game is directly related to it's misleading marketing. As such there are a lot of strong opinions about this game and it's important to realize that just because you disagree does not mean that your opinion is the only valid one. I have as much right as anyone to come here and post my opinions, regardless of my motives, so long as I do not break the forum rules. I don't like this game, I have made that clear. I have also made it clear that I would not have bought this game had it not been advertised as a simulation. Like I've said before, if someone like me is doing research into buying this game thinking it's a simulation, I feel it's important that they see it from all sides, including my opinion that this is not a simulation of any sort and if they are looking for a trucking sim, they will more than likely be disappointed with this game. In addition, how is my coming here to voice my negative opinion any different than someone coming here to voice a positive one? Luckily this forum is not like many game developer and publisher websites that routinely delete any threads that cast a negative light on their product so someone looking at this forum can get both the good and the bad. So please continue with the discussion and keep in mind that not everyone with a negative opinion is someone out to start something.

USA Trucker 06-28-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwenil (Post 167067)
As for trolling, to me, trolling is posting something for the express reason of getting a hostile response.

This is exactly what you did.

Your apology is hopefully accepted by the other 2 members, and we can all move forward. You have your right to your opinions about the game as long a it is posted properly, and not continually repeated (the other definition of a troll, and there are a few of them). You have said your piece. It's over. I think I have been very tolerant on this matter. I will allow responses to your post in general, but if anyone sways back to the insults, or hostilities, I will take the appropriate action toward the offender.

centy2010 06-28-2010 03:34 AM

Here is my opinions :

The game is not working correctly. Sure I can play and have some fun but I still see some areas where the game is not working correctly.

Is it due to computer specs.... ?

This will be the main answer of some users with a high-end computers where the discrepancies of the game are just smoothed by their system.

But in fact, I meet the requirements (minimum for sure but almost the recommended one.).

I stopped playing the game and I just come sometimes to check for patch availability. Maybe available within 5 years (the time I waited for the game)

This is the second game in my gamer life where I have to face loss of money cause I have no fun waiting nor playing that game.

Anyway... I won't complain anymore... It doesn't help me to hide my frustration of being the fool buyer of this game.

USA Trucker 06-28-2010 05:08 AM

My most common reply is "What are your Computer Specs?" Followed by, "What version do you have?" It's my standard question to better help the individual. This is because, many people just say "The game doesn't work" without giving this info. This game is not optimized properly to really meet the "Minimal Requirements", and playing with those requirements severely hampers the playability of the game to a satisfactory level. Simple bugs & glitches become huge ones for the gamer. My aim is to inform, not insult. I have posted this many, many times, and yet the same question keeps popping up in the same manner, so I have to answer it the same way. I purposely got a new computer to play this game meeting the "Recommended Requirements", and beyond. My old computer meets the "Min Req." It too causes me the same aggravation as those reported by our members. So, I give advice through experience. To you, and maybe others this may sound like a broken record. I ask for this information to give a better informed answer. Sorry if you find it boring, and repetitive, but it has helped many of those concerned whether they liked the information, or not. At least they now know why it doesn't work properly. Would you rather me leave them in the dark, and not answer them? My job is to aid, inform, advise, and suggest, along with keeping the forum organized, and running properly.

Prior to purchasing this game I had many questions, suggestions, and general conversations with those that have the Russian version, in anticipation of the release of the English version. This is why my postings are so high. When I finally got the game, I started helping people out getting things to work, and telling them why it doesn't work. Creating the "SPOILER ALERT!" thread was the most enjoyable thing I did here. Then on June 10, 2010, Sneaksie & Nike-it asked me to moderate this forum. I gladly accepted this expecting nothing in return, and I think I'm doing a good job. I don't get paid for it. I do get great satisfaction by helping those that are in need of it.

I thought this would be a good time to inform you, and others why I ask the questions I do, and how I go about helping people. Maybe now you have a better understanding of me.;)

centy2010 06-30-2010 08:44 AM

Yep sure I have better understanding.
And I hope you've a better understanding of my feelings as well.

Since I bought the game with a config meeting the requirements, It's normal that I expect the game to work on my config.

Now, I've the confirmation that 1C issued a Game with wrong specs and the one to be blamed is 1C.

Thanks USA Trucker ^^

USA Trucker 07-01-2010 11:54 AM

This is just my opinion on "Minimal Requirements" Vs. "Recommended Requirements".

As with all things such terms are interpreted differently by each consumer. After a few costly lessons learned. I no longer look at the "Minimal Req." of any game. Mainly because, I have been disappointed in gaming performance in the past. For the most part they fall short of being accurate. This is not just 1C, but a slew of game publishers out there have this fault. When I look at a game today, I read the "Recommended Req." This has saved me money, and headaches.

I personally think they should do away with the "Minimal Req." It doesn't accurately depict game performance. To me it's like an advertisement that would read like this:

To Drive This Car.

Minimal Requirements:
Cash, check, credit card.
Have steady income. (for approved credit)
Must be at least 16 years old. (countries & states may vary)

Recommended Requirements:
All the above PLUS....
Must have valid drivers license.
Must have usable arms & legs.
Must have eyesight & hearing.

As you can see from this example, you can drive this car, but probably not very far using the "Min. Req." To get the full enjoyment of this car you would have to have the "Rec. Req." It sounds stupid, but that's the way game publishing companies seem to adopt these requirements. Yeah, you can play it, but how enjoyable would it be?

I understand everyones feelings of frustration toward this game not running adequately on the "Minimal Requirements". I'm here to help you understand why this game does not run the way you expect it to. Don't shoot the messenger just because his message is not what you wanted to hear. I'm a gamer just like all of you. I don't work for 1C. I'm just their Forum Moderator.

centy2010 07-03-2010 12:18 AM

I understand you very well USA and I like to debate with you cause it can give both of us rich ideas.

Here is my vision of the minimum requirements based on the car example :
You have 2 cars coming to an hill.
At the start of the hill :
Minimum requirements : Motor 95 CV
Recommend requirements : Motor 125 CV
One of the car is just above the minimum but still the car will climb the hill :D

This is my vision.

Here another example :
The game PES 2010
Minimum requirements :
Intel Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
Ram : 1,5Gb
Hard Disk Space : 9Gb
Video : Geforce 6800 GT 256 Mb


So the minimum here is higher than the minimum for RigNRoll.
But still I can play PES2010 with high setup graphics in game.
==> Do you see the difference and why I'm blaming 1C ?

I've a also an experience as gamer and I'm telling you that I can understand less performance cause of my specs but BUGS, CRASHS & 3D areas not redrawed on time....is not understandable.

it's just not good designed, developped...

Sorry USA but on this you won't get me

USA Trucker 07-03-2010 12:51 AM

I'm not going to dissect, analyze, and get into a debate about this. Your point is a little off the mark of what I was trying to say, and I'll let others decide if they're comfortable with it, or not. I'm not looking to "get you". So, I don't know what that means. I used a simple example with a little humor, in the hopes people understand things a little clearer. Without picking it apart. I wrote a opinion. This does not mean everyone has to agree with it, and I accept that.

M76 07-03-2010 08:47 AM

Minimum system requirements back in the days meant the oldest computer you could actually run the game on. It didn't mean it will be smooth or flawlessly playable. Its only a new apporach to set the minimum requirements where the game will actually be playable on medium-high graphics settings. Propably because gaming is more mainstream nowadays, and casual gamers won't understand why won't the game run smoothly, as we can see here.

Lolsmurf 07-03-2010 11:01 AM

Don't compare rig'n roll with a football game, when you're driving the models keep on changing and loading (thousands of different models) in PES once the game is loaded you have all the models already loaded and can play without problems...

Dont underestimatie RNR it is a quite heavy game because of the ever changing scenery without any loading screens !

As I already said, I m playing the game with a Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz and 1 Gb RAM - Nvidia Gforce 8600 GT 512 mb and I can run this game on medium -low...

centy2010 07-04-2010 12:56 AM

First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

I compare the minimum requirements of 2 games and see what the difference between the 2.
I don't mind that RigNRoll is Heavy or what so ever.

My PC meet the minimum on both games but
PES is playable
RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)

When I hear all your arguments about it, We should consider informing the world of the new aspect of purchasing a game :

"If your PC only meet minimum requirements, don't expect the game to be supported nor the game to be working on your PC." These requirements are just displayed to fool customers and get more money from them.

USA Trucker 07-04-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centy2010 (Post 168245)
First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

I compare the minimum requirements of 2 games and see what the difference between the 2.
I don't mind that RigNRoll is Heavy or what so ever.

My PC meet the minimum on both games but
PES is playable
RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)

When I hear all your arguments about it, We should consider informing the world of the new aspect of purchasing a game :

"If your PC only meet minimum requirements, don't expect the game to be supported nor the game to be working on your PC." These requirements are just displayed to fool customers and get more money from them.

You are comparing the two games no matter how you dress it up, and this is a forum, not customer support. However, I do try to answer everyones questions to the best of my ability. You just don't like the answer, and turn your frustration toward the people/person trying to help. As Lolsmurf, others, and I have said before, the game is playable, just not to peak performance, and some of you will have more difficulties at the 'Minimal Requirements'. This is no different from Half-Life, Doom3, GTA4 & ME2 to name a few. Try playing them with 'Minimal Requirement'. It's unfair to single out 1C or Rig 'N' Roll for flaws that many games have running at 'Minimal Requirements'. As I've also said before, I believe the 'Minimal Requirements' should be taken out of the equation, and just list the 'Recommended Requirements'. This would solve all problems (or at least most).

M76 07-05-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centy2010 (Post 168245)
First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)

Wait a minute, the bugs and crashes are not closely related to the system requirements. My computer specs are way over even the recommended system and I still have bugs and crashes.

USA Trucker 07-05-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 168482)
Wait a minute, the bugs and crashes are not closely related to the system requirements. My computer specs are way over even the recommended system and I still have bugs and crashes.

They most certainly are. I can't answer for your system because you continue to report problems without giving your computer specs., (at least I don't remember seeing them) so that I, or others can possibly find the error, or problem. You might have something wrong that you are not aware of. You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems.

I far exceed the 'Recommended Requirements', and the only glitches I have encountered is the following:

Sometimes the graphics in the cut-scenes spawn 2 heads, and in others the voice cuts off. The voices also cuts off during some CB calls, and once I had a car appear out of nowhere in front of me. It's a good thing I had a save point just prior to it. I have not seen it since then. Other then that, I have experienced no other problems, and I'm on my third game playing from the start. On my other computer I slightly exceed the 'Minimal Requirements' and had the same issues that everyone else is reporting. I obviously no longer play it on that one.

Pete379exhd 07-05-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagman_20 (Post 165385)
The only thing that gets me sad is that most people, when that happens, are like "This game is a complete **** up" or "This game is the worst game ever".

Don't get me wrong the game isn't a complete **** up. It has a lot of good aspects. It's a large improvment over hard truck 2. agrivates the hell out of me that they don't have a bulldog any bulldogs in the game (the U.S. version anyway don't know what's in the russian version i'd be royally pissed if I came to find out the russian version's got more in it than the U.S. version). but anyway it's just one of those things where we got our hopes up and now most of us are disappointed. I can litterally play the game all day (keep an ash tray by my computer so I'm not leaving every 30 minutes) but I think a lot of us were expecting it to be a lot more like the 18 wos games and unfortunatly it's not. The more I play it the more I like it. to be honest I don't think I've been impressed with any trucking game that's ever come out (haulin came close). I've got a friend that loves the game and I think he's right when he says "quit being so damn critical the designers havn't been around the inudstry as long as you have so shut the hell up and drive!" and he's probably right. bottom line is the game isn't what a lot of us expected but we just need to suck it up, and deal with it. if they're like me they'll forget about their complaints after a while.

P.S. if they don't they can always go up by frisco with the freightliner driver down the hill from the bridge and plow into a car running 115 if that don't cheer them up their to serious.

M76 07-06-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 168518)
They most certainly are. I can't answer for your system because you continue to report problems without giving your computer specs., (at least I don't remember seeing them) so that I, or others can possibly find the error, or problem. You might have something wrong that you are not aware of. You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems.

I far exceed the 'Recommended Requirements', and the only glitches I have encountered is the following:

Sometimes the graphics in the cut-scenes spawn 2 heads, and in others the voice cuts off. The voices also cuts off during some CB calls, and once I had a car appear out of nowhere in front of me. It's a good thing I had a save point just prior to it. I have not seen it since then. Other then that, I have experienced no other problems, and I'm on my third game playing from the start. On my other computer I slightly exceed the 'Minimal Requirements' and had the same issues that everyone else is reporting. I obviously no longer play it on that one.

Are you accusing me that I make up the bugs or what? I didn't post my system specs because firstly I don't like waving what I have in front of other people, secondly because I didn't feel the exact system specs are in any way relevant to the bugs.

I already listed the bugs I encountered but there is no hurt in repeating, I also had the two heads bug, and the voice cutting out. Also cars spawning out of nowhere (however that's very rare) More annoying is the bug with the collosion detection when two ai cars go into each other, and either go through one another, or sometimes one of the cars or trucks is sent flying all over the place. Also when I saved just after I received an order, after loading back the save I kept getting the same call over and over again. Also sometimes the main character has no eyes when going into repair stations (or its constantly closed I can't decide) Also had a bug, when I was hauling a load, but when I arrived to the destination the job finished but the trailer didn't disappear and I didn't get my reward, but the job was gone from the journal. But the trailer did disappear when I completed another mission where there was no load, so it seems the game mixed up the loads.

Anyway my system roughly looks like this: Intel® Core™ i7-930 | RADEON HD5850 | DDR3-2000 6 GB | Kingston SSDNow V Series | Windows 7 64bit Enterprise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete379exhd (Post 168612)
but I think a lot of us were expecting it to be a lot more like the 18 wos games and unfortunatly it's not..

I was hoping, no that not the right word, I knew it will be nothing like 18wos, and fortunately it isn't.

USA Trucker 07-08-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 168695)
Are you accusing me that I make up the bugs or what?

Not at all. I'm just stating that some computers react differently.

Quote:

I already listed the bugs I encountered but there is no hurt in repeating, I also had the two heads bug, and the voice cutting out. Also cars spawning out of nowhere (however that's very rare) More annoying is the bug with the collosion detection when two ai cars go into each other, and either go through one another, or sometimes one of the cars or trucks is sent flying all over the place. Also when I saved just after I received an order, after loading back the save I kept getting the same call over and over again. Also sometimes the main character has no eyes when going into repair stations (or its constantly closed I can't decide) Also had a bug, when I was hauling a load, but when I arrived to the destination the job finished but the trailer didn't disappear and I didn't get my reward, but the job was gone from the journal. But the trailer did disappear when I completed another mission where there was no load, so it seems the game mixed up the loads.
And I agree with you with regards to the first portion. The repeated calls seems to be the Mr. Fernandez mission for the "Recovery Of His Light-bulbs". This is also a glitch, but if you ignore it after the first time he contacts you, then it goes away, unless you are describing another mission that I'm not aware of. When describing these errors, a video would be great. YouTube is free, and can help in describing some of your situations.

Quote:

Anyway my system roughly looks like this: Intel® Core™ i7-930 | RADEON HD5850 | DDR3-2000 6 GB | Kingston SSDNow V Series | Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
The reason I, or anyone will ask for your specs., is to better help you. Your specs. are not top secret information.

Nuclear Cat 08-05-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 168518)
... You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems...

What does that mean exactly? You suggesting/owning up that there is something wrong with the retail DVD version? Curiously this is what I also have! Maybe there IS a reason it was in the bargain basement bin.

USA Trucker 08-05-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat (Post 173720)
What does that mean exactly? You suggesting/owning up that there is something wrong with the retail DVD version? Curiously this is what I also have! Maybe there IS a reason it was in the bargain basement bin.

Most people purchasing the DVD version, are reporting problems larger then the usual ones, and I can only assume there is an issue here. I don't work for 1C.

I deleted your other post because we are not going to take it to the next level. Your issue is not going to carry over to other threads. I answered your question to the best of my ability. Let it be. Also there is no double posting. If you have additional remarks to post use the edit tab.

Transport Steve 08-09-2010 12:41 PM

Well, I obtained the DVD from Amazon in the UK last Friday, I haven't left this game alone since......:grin::grin:

I've been playing various simulators for the last 6/7 years and have absolutely NO problems with graphics, bugs or anything else on this game, I have everything nearly maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom, I think that the majority of players try this on laptops and other PC's with low end specs, FORGET IT, this is a game for proper gaming machines with decent specifications. I've done all the races and just poodled around the countryside looking at the scenery, it's visually superb and operationally fantastic. I obviously have the British version, which, by all accounts, runs better than other versions, aren't we lucky.....
I take my hat off to the creators, OK, it could do with a few tweaks and improvements, what game doesn't, but, as a first version, it's fabulous, and can only get better in the future.
And I 'aint a teenager, I'm over 50 years old, with a lot of patience and knowledge of how PC games should be played, and if I'm not happy with certain functions, I change them in the game editor, instead of coming on here to complain.

Cheerio.

mark39 08-11-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transport Steve (Post 174317)
Well, I obtained the DVD from Amazon in the UK last Friday, I haven't left this game alone since......:grin::grin:

I've been playing various simulators for the last 6/7 years and have absolutely NO problems with graphics, bugs or anything else on this game, I have everything nearly maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom, I think that the majority of players try this on laptops and other PC's with low end specs, FORGET IT, this is a game for proper gaming machines with decent specifications. I've done all the races and just poodled around the countryside looking at the scenery, it's visually superb and operationally fantastic. I obviously have the British version, which, by all accounts, runs better than other versions, aren't we lucky.....
I take my hat off to the creators, OK, it could do with a few tweaks and improvements, what game doesn't, but, as a first version, it's fabulous, and can only get better in the future.
And I 'aint a teenager, I'm over 50 years old, with a lot of patience and knowledge of how PC games should be played, and if I'm not happy with certain functions, I change them in the game editor, instead of coming on here to complain.

Cheerio.

i totally agree with you transport steve,i too have the CD version although i play it on my laptop and even though my cpu is slightly under the recommended specs i have hardly any probs at all,there are a few niggles but nothing that i cant live with,i just love this game it has so many good things within it and i think that one thing people forget about is that it has nearly 1250 miles of roads,thats in real terms,i mean that alone is amazing there is no other game out there that has that kind of scope,yes there are a few things that could do with improving but hopefully they might be sorted in any future patch/hotfix or addon,i've played the 18 wos games and all the scs games and they are ok but i like rig n roll better despite what people say about it,i cant get enough of playing this game so much so that my gf doesn't get a chance to get on the laptop any more....:-P

just on a separate note i didnt really know about rig n roll until i found this forum and its thanks to this forum that i decided to buy the game and i'm glad i did.....:grin:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.