Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Where to buy BOB Cliffs of Dover? (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19252)

nearmiss 03-17-2011 04:08 PM

Where to buy BOB Cliffs of Dover?
 
Ubisoft is International distributor, and 1C will only distribute Russia.

That doesn't mean you have to buy direct from UbiSoft. There are many places you can buy BOB COD other than UbiSoft direct.

This thread is a pointer to sites where you can acquire BOB Cliffs of Dover, especially in your part of the world.

Put up your recommended links to reputable places to buy the COD.

Don't fail to put up your links just because someone has posted a link to a vendor in your area.
You may know of other vendors, don't be reluctant to post links. Remember members may have to look in many places before they can get a copy.
Some vendors may not have adequate stocks to meet demand.

The thread will be sticky until, and after the release of COD to allow everyone to get their copy fast and furious.

http://www.amazon.com/2-Sturmovik-Cl.../dp/B004L5SJ4Y

http://www.gogamer.com/IL-2-Sturmovi...VVviewprod.htm

When you post your links, if you have some comments make them in the posting as well.

-------------------------------------

Gogamer has been very supportive of our community for several years. They also have a discount price for BOB COD.

Amazon shipping and performance is great. I've bought all kinds of things from them and never had problems, that weren't corrected by Amazon ASAP.

I don't like to pre-order, but for you that don't mind both of the above vendors should do what they say.

Review type comments are OK, whether you had good or bad service.

If you don't agree with someone else ONLY provide constructive review information.

Don't defame or ridicule other posters...

Thanks

Insuber 03-17-2011 04:29 PM

Amazon France - great service.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004...pf_rd_i=405320

Hecke 03-17-2011 04:33 PM

Amazon Germany

https://www.amazon.de/IL-2-Sturmovic...5698016&sr=8-2


P.S They can't be serious. They've gone gold and need 4 weeks to get this released?

Les 03-17-2011 04:46 PM

Looks like EB Games have exclusive rights to IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover standard and collectors edtions in Australia.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

The prices are steep but about normal for over here. EB Games are a reputable mainstream bricks and mortar retailer, but I haven't really had that much to do with them so I can't really say more than that. I couldn't see on their website whether or not they ship internationally, only their details for shipping within Australia.

SG1_Gunkan 03-17-2011 05:25 PM

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-down...r-2307-39.html

TheGrunch 03-17-2011 06:29 PM

Just Flight...no need to buy a time-limited "Extended Download Service" to let you redownload your own damn game as with Ubi.

Siko 03-17-2011 06:37 PM

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/177/10...Dover-Download

Great service and they have regular sales - got DCS Black Shark for £10 a while ago.............

CharveL 03-17-2011 07:54 PM

Waiting for Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/search...liffs+of+dover

JG52Uther 03-17-2011 08:09 PM

Another plug for D2D,bought RoF from the problem free.

janik_dk 03-17-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insuber (Post 235320)

Do you know if the manual of the collectors edition is in english or french?

JG27_brook 03-18-2011 01:46 AM

Will we be seeing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover sold in NZ any time soon ?doesnt look like there is any rush to stock this title here =THATS @ U UBI !!

Longroad 03-18-2011 01:53 AM

Hello,

Can someone French speaking please help me?

UbiSoft kindly cancelled Collectors Edition from Finnish market :evil: so I need to buy it from abroad.

As mentioned above Amazon France and Germany are selling CE. Amazon Germany has CE with german localization, which doesnt work for me. Since I only speak Finnish and English.

I have tried to find out if Amazon France is selling CE with france localization, or is it in english. Can someone pls help me to find out which version it is?

Product page is here:

http://www.amazon.fr/IL2-Sturmovik-C...ductPromotions


Longroad

nearmiss 03-18-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG27_brook (Post 235508)
Will we be seeing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover sold in NZ any time soon ?doesnt look like there is any rush to stock this title here =THATS @ U UBI !!

http://www.ebgames.com/StoreLocator.aspx

Enter your city and NZ, and you'll find there are half dozen or more in NZ

Jaguar 03-18-2011 02:33 AM

Just a link with some info.... purchasing elsewere.
 
Hey thanks Nearmiss for making an attempt to help people find where they can purchase Mr Maddox's new sim.

I have been watching Gogamer and Amazon for a US DVD release. I just want to mention that UBI USA has this below: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_U...-of-Dover.html

Releases: 04/26/2011
That is the digital release from UBI for the country specific website! Well it's better than Spring 2011.

No new post needed about my link or dates.

wannabetheace 03-18-2011 03:04 AM

Thanks for this thread
where can I buy CE of COD in Asia especially in S.Korea where I'm living for temporary.
Any link would be great :)

Thanks

Vevster 03-18-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longroad (Post 235509)
Hello,

Can someone French speaking please help me?

UbiSoft kindly cancelled Collectors Edition from Finnish market :evil: so I need to buy it from abroad.

As mentioned above Amazon France and Germany are selling CE. Amazon Germany has CE with german localization, which doesnt work for me. Since I only speak Finnish and English.

I have tried to find out if Amazon France is selling CE with france localization, or is it in english. Can someone pls help me to find out which version it is?

Product page is here:

http://www.amazon.fr/IL2-Sturmovik-C...ductPromotions


Longroad

The CE in France will have:
- the spit manual in english
- the game manual (100+ pages) in french
- the game will probably install in french or english

Your best chance is UK imo; either through Ubi.com if you can make it believe your ip is in UK, or if a retailer (amazon?) gets the CE (no confirmation yet)

jcenzano 03-18-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vevster (Post 235567)
either through Ubi.com if you can make it believe your ip is in UK, or if a retailer (amazon?) gets the CE (no confirmation yet)

already posted here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=312
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=317

read both of them, if you have any doubt feel fre to PM and I will give you all the details I can.

Bowtome 03-18-2011 01:25 PM

3 more download places

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=645

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/10573/...Dover-Download

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-down...r-2307-39.html

I have used direct to drive before, they are good

Moggy 03-18-2011 01:32 PM

Another UK vendor (it's already been posted elsewhere):

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games...liffs+of+dover

lbuchele 03-18-2011 02:15 PM

Incredible, I can´t order CoD in the Ubishop because my country, Brazil, is not even listed!
I could order it if I lived in Congo or Burkina-Faso , but not in Brazil a 190 million people country!
Ubi is really a stupid company, I don´t even realize how they stay in the market with this level of bad management...

Vevster 03-18-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235770)
Incredible, I can´t order CoD in the Ubishop because my country, Brazil, is not even listed!
I could order it if I lived in Congo or Burkina-Faso ,

No you could not

Brazil will have CoD (from Canada, actually)

lbuchele 03-18-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vevster (Post 235816)
No you could not

Brazil will have CoD (from Canada, actually)

Please,can you clarify this statement?
From Ubi Canada?

Vevster 03-18-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235846)
Please,can you clarify this statement?
From Ubi Canada?

Yes, surprisingly, the Ubi canadian distribution entity handle the South American market.

lbuchele 03-18-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vevster (Post 235865)
Yes, surprisingly, the Ubi canadian distribution entity handle the South American market.

Right,thanks a lot for the info.
Do you know how can I pre-order?

tango2delta 03-18-2011 04:58 PM

How about bestbuy stores, will they stock the flight sim. I have found games there that i could not buy anywhere else.:)

Vevster 03-18-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235878)
Right,thanks a lot for the info.
Do you know how can I pre-order?

Not sure you can yet. Will look for info.
Afaik, it will be released during april, possibly may in South America

Biggs 03-18-2011 06:31 PM

Something tells me that JustFlight's release date wont apply to people buying from NorthAmerica...

If I bought it from them, would I get it on the 31st?

lbuchele 03-18-2011 07:35 PM

Maybe I need to surrender and buy from Amazon US , paying the ridiculous taxes they are charging ( total US 162 for one DVD!)

Vevster 03-18-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235940)
Maybe I need to surrender and buy from Amazon US , paying the ridiculous taxes they are charging ( total US 162 for one DVD!)

Wait a little, I'll have some info.
no need to pay 162 USD for a game

lbuchele 03-18-2011 08:29 PM

GamesPlanet accepted my pre-order for digital download.
I´ll receive my DL link 18/04/2011
Thanks for your help Vevster.
On July I will go on a trip for Paris and Florence, maybe I can find a hard copy or a CE,who knows...

Xilon_x 03-18-2011 09:16 PM

because I-phone 4 32mb apple in italy cost 779 € EURO UK £612 in USA I-PHONE4 32mb
cost 299$ DOLLARS???????:confused:

299$ AMERICAN DOLARS IN EUROPE ARE 211 € EURO.

nearmiss 03-18-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilon_x (Post 235978)
because I-phone 4 32mb apple in italy cost 779 € EURO in USA I-PHONE4 32mb
cost 299$ DOLLARS???????:confused:

299$ AMERICAN DOLARS IN EUROPE ARE 211 € EURO.

THat isn't the whole of it.

In US the cell phone providers require 2 year or longer contract with them. If you cancel within the 2 year there is a very large penalty. There is no excuse to cancel either.

The price is hidden in the air time costs.

Also, you can shop around and beat the price you mentioned in Italy.

Xilon_x 03-18-2011 09:33 PM

what will the price difference of COD?
what it will cost COD in U.S.?
in U.K.?
in E.U.?
DIFFERENCE OF PRICE.

Vevster 03-18-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235962)
GamesPlanet accepted my pre-order for digital download.
I´ll receive my DL link 18/04/2011
Thanks for your help Vevster.
On July I will go on a trip for Paris and Florence, maybe I can find a hard copy or a CE,who knows...

If you're in Paris, I can find you one if all goes according to plan

schnorchel 03-19-2011 12:29 AM

Today I see the COD can be pre-ordered on Steam. I know the installation of Game from Steam is a little bit different than other publisher's download version.
So I doubt that would not I meet some on-line play issues with other non-steam version COD? or some troubles happen on Luft1946 steam version?:confused:

kingpinda 03-19-2011 12:30 AM

Yay the game can now be pre-ordered from steam. With that submarine sim for free just like on ubisoft. Will unlock on 31 march though. Oleg thinks nothing has changed and it still be available on 25 march.

Warhound 03-19-2011 03:21 AM

Couldn't hold it anymore and pre-ordered from direct2drive UK for 29.95£
Now praying they send the key on midnight of the 31st..and it works on a mainland EU steam account!

bando 03-19-2011 10:37 AM

I did preorder here: http://www.getgamesgo.com/catalogue/...liffs-of-dover and was able to pay via paypal. I do not use a credit card, so very convenient to pay the way i did. Anyway, I payed in English pounds, paypal converted it as 34 something euro's. Not bad at all.

janik_dk 03-19-2011 04:33 PM

At last i manage to find out proxy's and was able to order the collectors edition from ubi UK store.. Many thanks to jcenzano :)

Incredible it was going to be THAT time consuming and confusing.. I mean, to actually have to use proxy's to order a game..?!

Ubisoft should be more like "ok - you want to buy a game worth 50 £? no problem! - order right here!" Instead they are like "no - sorry - not possible - we don't want your money - actually we don't want this game to sell at all".

We all know how many years and how much work Oleg & team has put into this sim - only so Ubi can ruin the most critical part: the distribution.

If I didn't know this forum and had some sort of inside knowledge I would have NO clue that one of the greatest flightsims were about to be released. Also I would have no clue how to obtain the collectors edition.

I hope Oleg reconsiders his publishing deal with ubisoft after this.

waspfarmer 03-20-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235940)
Maybe I need to surrender and buy from Amazon US , paying the ridiculous taxes they are charging ( total US 162 for one DVD!)

No need to get soaked like that! I live in Canada and have pre-ordered the DVD from Amazon in the US with expedited shipping (1-5 bus. days for $23ish) for about $77 total, release April twenty-somethingth. I'd be happy to order a DVD and mail it privately for you if you send me the cost of the sim and shipping. Trust me, I'm a nurse!

Also, I would like the "collecters box" addition when it's available, perhaps someone can do this for me.

waspfarmer@hotmail.com
I've tried multiply to resize this honker without effect. Sorry...
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...onshipping.jpg

alberto1960 03-20-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janik_dk (Post 236284)
At last i manage to find out proxy's and was able to order the collectors edition from ubi UK store.. Many thanks to jcenzano :)

Incredible it was going to be THAT time consuming and confusing.. I mean, to actually have to use proxy's to order a game..?!

Ubisoft should be more like "ok - you want to buy a game worth 50 £? no problem! - order right here!" Instead they are like "no - sorry - not possible - we don't want your money - actually we don't want this game to sell at all".

We all know how many years and how much work Oleg & team has put into this sim - only so Ubi can ruin the most critical part: the distribution.

If I didn't know this forum and had some sort of inside knowledge I would have NO clue that one of the greatest flightsims were about to be released. Also I would have no clue how to obtain the collectors edition.

I hope Oleg reconsiders his publishing deal with ubisoft after this.

Sorry but I cannot understand where is it possible to buy the collector edition.... I'm from Italy... Can someone help me? thx

janik_dk 03-20-2011 03:08 PM

alberto1960:
Please refer to jcenzano's guides:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=312
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=317

JG27_brook 03-20-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nearmiss (Post 235519)
http://www.ebgames.com/StoreLocator.aspx

Enter your city and NZ, and you'll find there are half dozen or more in NZ


Well already try this!! EB New Zealand have never heard of the game and have no plays on stocking it .

Yes i can run search to found games stores to, Cliffs of Dover is story of its own , thank anyway

And no I dont want a want Stream copy

nearmiss 03-20-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG27_brook (Post 236607)
Well already try this!! EB New Zealand have never heard of the game and have no plays on stocking it .

Yes i can run search to found games stores to, Cliffs of Dover is story of its own , thank anyway

And no I dont want a want Stream copy

For what is is worth...

I called Electronic Boutique upon the release of Forgotten Battles. The guys in the store knew nothing of it. The had never heard of it or IL2 Sturmovik.

I went in to a store and they found a copy in the back room.

What I'm trying to say is, the guys up front on the counters and answering the phones aren't into our genre of game.

You can probably contact EB directly from the web and order a copy. EB is an international company.

Otherwise, like I'm sorry if what I suggest doesn't, wasn't and won't work.

You'll just have to keep looking, maybe get a friend, or other generous soul, to send you one from Australia or something.

Like yourself, I don't want a steam download. I want a disk I can poke in, even if I do have to initialize over the internet.

Les 03-20-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG27_brook (Post 236607)
Well already try this!! EB New Zealand have never heard of the game and have no plays on stocking it .

Yes i can run search to found games stores to, Cliffs of Dover is story of its own , thank anyway

And no I dont want a want Stream copy

EB Australia (and only EB) is stocking it due, I believe, to the efforts of some of the forum members here getting onto them and making it so.

As Australia and NZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem using a boxed version sent from Aus. I don't think EB Aus deliver overseas, but I'm not sure. You could check on that and if possible get it from them, or have someone in Aus send you a copy.

JG27_brook 03-20-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 236639)
EB Australia (and only EB) is stocking it due, I believe, to the efforts of some of the forum members here getting onto them and making it so.

As Australia and NZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem using a boxed version sent from Aus. I don't think EB Aus deliver overseas, but I'm not sure. You could check on that and if possible get it from them, or have someone in Aus send you a copy.

mate has e mail EB OZ to see if they export to NZ - waiting on e mail back

Thanks

PS:They bloody better lol

Stealth_Eagle 03-21-2011 12:26 AM

Where to buy?
 
Where should I pre-order IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. I have three oprions.

1. Buy from Steam where I will get Silent Hunter 3 free but I don't know if I could copy everything onto a DVD. Also I don't know how they compress the files for the game.

2. Buy from Ubi-Soft where there is nothing special really.

3. Buy from local store and be able to install as soon as I buy it but I don't know if any local stores will carry it.

What option would you suggest for me?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Over and out,
Stealth Eagle

Gimpymoo 03-21-2011 01:14 AM

I live in the UK and do not mind forwarding copy's (Regular or collectors) to those unable to obtain.

I can send you the product keys which you can activate on Steam before posting so you can at least download from Steam so can play before receiving the disc if postage takes a while.

Bear in mind the game may not "unlock" untill your regions actual release date.

Screamadelica 03-21-2011 04:13 AM

Good luck on trying to order from EB Games over the phone or online. When I called them to place an order they said I had to come into the store in person to take my order. As the nearest store was 150km away, well it was a nice day for a drive!:)

Les 03-21-2011 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screamadelica (Post 236765)
Good luck on trying to order from EB Games over the phone or online. When I called them to place an order they said I had to come into the store in person to take my order. As the nearest store was 150km away, well it was a nice day for a drive!:)

Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.

salmo 03-21-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 235329)
Looks like EB Games have exclusive rights to IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover standard and collectors edtions in Australia.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

The prices are steep but about normal for over here. EB Games are a reputable mainstream bricks and mortar retailer, but I haven't really had that much to do with them so I can't really say more than that. I couldn't see on their website whether or not they ship internationally, only their details for shipping within Australia.

$108 AUD from EB Games is outragous given that the Australian dollar is at parity with the US dollar (1 for 1) and the price elsewhere is about $45-50 USD.

Screamadelica 03-21-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 236770)
Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.

At Last. It should have been this simple from the start. Well done EB Games.

Cowboy10uk 03-21-2011 01:09 PM

Sorry mate, But you seem to only have two options.

1. Buy from steam or other download site, yes you can download it BUT collectors edition not avalible so miss out on the extras, as well as taking forever to download.

2. Buy From Ubishop, Get a choice of physical copy normal or Collectors. BUT Only in you live in UK and Still no promise that it will turn up in time for release date.

Thats it, your only choices, as for some reason Ubisoft has decided to restrict the physical versions to its shop only.

Since I dont have a great internet connection, Im forced to use Ubishop.
which since I tend to liek to only use flight sim stores I trust really goes against the grain.



Oleg thanks for all your work and I know you are loyal to Ubisoft but damn, These guys are activly trying to kill IL2 off. You need to change publishers, otherwise CoD is never gonna reach its potential. Or at least open you own online store so we can purchase from YOU and not this company.

Biggs 03-21-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 236770)
Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.

do ya think they'll ship to the US?

tintifaxl 03-21-2011 01:48 PM

If you want to buy a German version, amazon.de sells the boxed versions, too.

Les 03-21-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmo (Post 236810)
$108 AUD from EB Games is outragous given that the Australian dollar is at parity with the US dollar (1 for 1) and the price elsewhere is about $45-50 USD.

Yep, outrageous, but as you would know, still quite normal for over here.

I think if Ubisoft had intended to release the boxed versions more generally and they were available from other retailers besides EB Games the price would be a little bit lower, but probably only by ten dollars or so.

Les 03-21-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggs (Post 236904)
do ya think they'll ship to the US?

You'd have to send an e-mail to EB Games Australia and ask them. The fact that all the postage information on their website only refers to locations within Australia suggests they don't deliver overseas, but I don't know.

It's still not known either whether or not the DVD's themselves are region locked, or whether the SolidShield DRM will identify you as being in the U.S and prevent you from activating the game before your regions official release date like Steam will.

Stealth_Eagle 03-21-2011 05:55 PM

Where should I pre-order IL-2 Cliffs of Dover? I have three oprions.

1. Buy from Steam where I will get Silent Hunter 3 free but I don't know if I could copy everything onto a DVD. Also I don't know how they compress the files for the game.

2. Buy from Ubi-Soft where there is nothing special really.

3. Buy from local store and be able to install as soon as I buy it but I don't know if any local stores will carry it.

What option would you suggest for me?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Over and out,
Stealth Eagle

nearmiss 03-21-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 236932)
You'd have to send an e-mail to EB Games Australia and ask them. The fact that all the postage information on their website only refers to locations within Australia suggests they don't deliver overseas, but I don't know.

It's still not known either whether or not the DVD's themselves are region locked, or whether the SolidShield DRM will identify you as being in the U.S and prevent you from activating the game before your regions official release date like Steam will.

In most cases they have software verifcation through IP address location.

Some have mentioned proxy, which should work if there isn't any follow through with the IP address location to where the file is downloaded.,

Otherwise, order through proxy and arrange with someone to act as mail recipient and forward to you.

ghodan 03-21-2011 07:16 PM

DVD version for europe found
 
Finally
http://www.simw.com/simulator/il-2-s...-of-dover.html

Les 03-21-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodan (Post 237016)

Just checking, you say DVD version, and the picture of the Cliffs of Dover cover has DVD written on it, but on the rest of the site there it says download version. If you go to the page that shows all the simulation games you can see some are 'Download' and some are 'CD/DVD'. 'Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover' is listed as 'Download'.

Flying Pencil 03-21-2011 07:52 PM

If you live in the US, you are screwed, no physical version.

Then again, their is eBay!!! ;)

tomandre81 03-21-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screamadelica (Post 236849)
At Last. It should have been this simple from the start. Well done EB Games.

88 dollars? delete

flyingbullseye 03-22-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Pencil (Post 237036)
If you live in the US, you are screwed, no physical version.

Then again, their is eBay!!! ;)

Where did you read there was no physical DVD for the US?

Screamadelica 03-22-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomandre81 (Post 237048)
88 dollars? delete

I agree that the price of new release PC games in Australia is very expensive, but $89 seems to be the standard price for most new releases. At least we can purchase a copy now! Also, IL2 is a game that you don't just play through once or twice, so if you divide the price by the many years we will be playing this for it comes in at pretty good value.:)

kashwashwa 03-22-2011 01:13 PM

Amazon now has it up for pre-order:

In Canada:
http://www.amazon.ca/IL-2-Sturmovik-...0803120&sr=8-4


USA:
http://www.amazon.com/-2-Sturmovik-C...0803152&sr=8-3

Devastat 03-23-2011 06:15 PM

Just preordered mine from Steam so I would get a copy of Silent Hunter 3 as well. See you soon in the skies in 31th of March!! :D

ustahl 03-23-2011 07:08 PM

DVD version in local shop tomorrow March 24.2011
 
Yes! That's how it says on the local game shop's web site right now here in Finland, the DVD version for 45 €. :!: :shock:
I saw it too late to phone them for confirmation, they had already closed for the day.:(

Will call them tomorrow morning, and if the info proves correct I'll rush to get my copy straight away.

Sounds almost too good to be true.:-?

Cheers
-ustahl

AWL_Spinner 03-23-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashwashwa (Post 237296)



Thanks Kashwashwa, I'd been waiting for that to appear on Amazon Canada.

Pre-ordered. I've given up on the prospect of a CE over here but would still like a physical DVD for my collection.

Cheers, Spinner

Devastat 03-23-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 237873)
DVD version in local shop tomorrow March 24.2011

Usthal, even if they would be able to sell it to you tomorrow, you won't be able to play it until 31st because of the steam activation that only allows you to start playing on 31th of march.
However, I highly doubt you will get it from Finland in shops till 2th of April, as that is when Verkkokauppa gets it and their stock is coming straight from the importer (maahantuoja).

That's why I preordered mine straight from steam as a download version, to make sure I will be able to play it on 31st of March.

ustahl 03-23-2011 10:17 PM

Devastat, I think you're right, although the shop I referred to is not Verkkokauppa but Pelimies. I know Verkkokauppa's info.
If Pelimies will change their info/dates when I phone them in the morning, I might reconsider and instead order a DVD from Verkkokauppa's tax free outlet on Åland Island (Finnish tax free area if value below 50 €) and get it cheaper, abt 34 € IIRC. Oh well...

Blackdog_kt 03-23-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devastat (Post 237929)
Usthal, even if they would be able to sell it to you tomorrow, you won't be able to play it until 31st because of the steam activation that only allows you to start playing on 31th of march.
However, I highly doubt you will get it from Finland in shops till 2th of April, as that is when Verkkokauppa gets it and their stock is coming straight from the importer (maahantuoja).

That's why I preordered mine straight from steam as a download version, to make sure I will be able to play it on 31st of March.

The boxed edition don't use Steam activation but Solidshield. I don't know if that one is date-restricted as well.

lbuchele 03-24-2011 12:22 AM

I can't be more happy since gamesplanet updated my download date from 19/04/2011 to 30/03/2011
That's really great.

ustahl 03-24-2011 08:59 AM

No show today
 
As actually expected, Pelimies did not get it today from the official Finnish importer -> postponed till next week.

They said, however, that they might get it tomorrow from another importer/distributor here in Finland, and they will let me know tomorrow noon, when they have received tomorrow's consignment from that other distributor.

I'm a bit sceptical, though, and mentally prepared to wait till next week.

-ustahl

Devastat 03-24-2011 10:32 AM

Yep its quite likely they (pelimies) will get it on 2nd of April. However if the situation changes with them let me know. At least buying from Steam makes it guaranteed that I will be on the skies on 31th of March. I was happy to get Silent Hunter 3 as well with the preorder.

Pyrres 03-24-2011 10:33 AM

Just called local Finnish gameshop VPD and they said theirs are on the way and arrive today or tomorrow so I placed an order. I´m sceptical and think I´ll have to wait till next week but I´ll keep my fingers crossed.

HC_Coyote 03-24-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbuchele (Post 235770)
Incredible, I can´t order CoD in the Ubishop because my country, Brazil, is not even listed!
I could order it if I lived in Congo or Burkina-Faso , but not in Brazil a 190 million people country!
Ubi is really a stupid company, I don´t even realize how they stay in the market with this level of bad management...

I live in Argentina and I could make the Digital Pre-Order through Ubishop. Although it says it's available since today and i still cant download it. But will keep on trying.

lbuchele 03-24-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Coyote (Post 238196)
I live in Argentina and I could make the Digital Pre-Order through Ubishop. Although it says it's available since today and i still cant download it. But will keep on trying.

Hey, a great Salute to an Argentinean brother.Recently I was in a trip to Buenos Aires.
Great city,isn't it?Still remember the sublime steak from Cabana Las Lilas...

ustahl 03-24-2011 02:18 PM

Got updated info from Pelimies that the other Finnish importer/wholesaler also postponed delivery till next week thursday 31.March. Sort of expected this.

Pyrres, do you still think/know VPD will have it this week? They claim on their website to have it (DVD) in their tax free Åland warehouse 30.3.2011 for 36,40€ incl. postage within Finland.

-ustahl

Pyrres 03-24-2011 02:28 PM

I just called VPD and they said that theirs are in the mail coming to them from a finnish importcompany. So as I would understand it the games are coming in tomorrow if the mail is not slow or something. But I´m still a bit sceptical. I got my Ubi order canceled and I will be waiting for the first one comes out, Steam of local dealers and buy my copy then.

ustahl 03-24-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrres (Post 238310)
I just called VPD and they said that theirs are in the mail coming to them from a finnish importcompany. So as I would understand it the games are coming in tomorrow if the mail is not slow or something. But I´m still a bit sceptical. I got my Ubi order canceled and I will be waiting for the first one comes out, Steam of local dealers and buy my copy then.

I think VPD just gave you an old standard reply without bothering to re-check the facts. Tomorrow they'll probably admit date postponed when they realize, they didn't get it. Hope my scepticism is wrong, though.

I, too, will wait and watch for the earliest opportunity, shop or download, although I'll try to avoid Steam, which I'm afraid might make modding CloD more difficult later on.

-ustahl

meshuggahs 03-24-2011 02:47 PM

Just noticed d2drive has a -20% pay day promo including the normal preorder -5£ you can get it for ~24£!

Not bad.

Pyrres 03-24-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 238323)
I think VPD just gave you an old standard reply without bothering to re-check the facts. Tomorrow they'll probably admit date postponed when they realize, they didn't get it. Hope my scepticism is wrong, though.

I, too, will wait and watch for the earliest opportunity, shop or download, although I'll try to avoid Steam, which I'm afraid might make modding CloD more difficult later on.

-ustahl

Might be but atleast they themselfs were waiting for them today, and they said that they have theirs allready IN the mail not waiting to be shipped from importer. But as I said I fear for the worst and hope for the best.

ustahl 03-24-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshuggahs (Post 238325)
Just noticed d2drive has a -20% pay day promo including the normal preorder -5£ you can get it for ~24£!

Not bad.

Do you have a link, pls??

When I go to d2drive.com a lady says the domain is for sale.:confused:

meshuggahs 03-24-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 238338)
Do you have a link, pls??

When I go to d2drive.com a lady says the domain is for sale.:confused:

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/1057...Dover-Download


its .co.uk :-)

Edit:
Don't forget to use the "itspayday" promo code.

Matt255 03-24-2011 03:41 PM

It says "Sale does not include pre-orders" at the very bottom.

meshuggahs 03-24-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt255 (Post 238400)
It says "Sale does not include pre-orders" at the very bottom.

Didn't notice that at all. Tho It did give me a -5,99 discount anyway and a total cost of 23,96 on my order. Weird. :confused:

Matt255 03-24-2011 04:07 PM

Hey, that's good to know then. Thanks.

I planned to order it from D2D anyway, but haven't made up my mind wether i buy it or not.

ustahl 03-24-2011 05:23 PM

Thanks meshuggahs!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by meshuggahs (Post 238430)
Didn't notice that at all. Tho It did give me a -5,99 discount anyway and a total cost of 23,96 on my order. Weird. :confused:

Thanks meshuggahs for the tip!
Got it for GBP 23,96 too, which translates into 27,24 €, which is very, very good! :grin:
Bonus SH3 downloading as I write, waiting for CloD D/L day to arrive.8)

-ustahl

JG27_brook 03-24-2011 05:59 PM

Well UBI is still letting down 1c customers!! in all main games stores in New Zealand have not heard "cliffs of dover" at this date 24/03 . and have no idea if they will be stocking it ant time soon

AARRRRRRRRRR

Devastat 03-24-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 238537)
Thanks meshuggahs for the tip!
Got it for GBP 23,96 too, which translates into 27,24 €, which is very, very good! :grin:
Bonus SH3 downloading as I write, waiting for CloD D/L day to arrive.8)

Damn, and I just bought the same package for 49€ from Steam yesterday :evil:

Well.. at least we don't have to wait for the finnish retailers to get it on stock, we will be well on 31th of March :rolleyes:

Razorhead 03-25-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshuggahs (Post 238343)
http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/1057...Dover-Download


its .co.uk :-)

Edit:
Don't forget to use the "itspayday" promo code.

Thanks for the tip, just pre-ordered the game. :)

adonys 03-25-2011 09:17 PM

anyone knows where the (online/downloadable) russian version can be bought from, please?

Windturbin 03-25-2011 09:30 PM

Clarity please.....
 
Quote:

It's still not known either whether or not the DVD's themselves are region locked, or whether the SolidShield DRM will identify you as being in the U.S and prevent you from activating the game before your regions official release date like Steam will.

Quote:

Official Cliffs of Dover DRM solution Q&A

Do I have to be online to activate my game?

While the activation solution will initially attempt to activate your game online, you can elect to manually enter an activation code. You will need to enter the code that comes with your game into the activation wizard, you will then be given an activation code that you can enter manually. So, although you do not necessarily need to have your computer hooked up to the internet, you will need to go online to obtain a code before playing.
So in the US, if I could get my hands on a US version of IL-2 CoD DVD by the end of march, I could not play it until April 26th?????

Not sure if Cliffs of Dover sights Q&A is speaking of DVD or down loadable version???

Pedro 03-25-2011 11:27 PM

Does anyone know or heard if the Collectors addition will be sold in the US?

Thanks
Pedro

hockeywarrior 03-26-2011 12:59 AM

Ugh it seems that if you are a sim-lover in the US you're kind of screwed right now. I really want to get my hands on a physical copy, so I guess I'll be going with Amazon. I'd really doubt it if Best Buy ever carried this game, which is the only retailer close to where I live.

If anyone else finds a place to preorder a physical copy for us guys in the US please post it!

Windturbin 03-26-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeywarrior (Post 240301)
Ugh it seems that if you are a sim-lover in the US you're kind of screwed right now. I really want to get my hands on a physical copy, so I guess I'll be going with Amazon. I'd really doubt it if Best Buy ever carried this game, which is the only retailer close to where I live.

If anyone else finds a place to preorder a physical copy for us guys in the US please post it!

ok, so I live in the US and I see two places that say they have IL-2 COD in stock ready to ship.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/IL-2-Sturmovik-C...item4157adefa4

http://fcitech.com/itemdetails.asp?mod=UBI68680

So my question is still can I play it when I get it, or do I have to wait for steam and april 19th?

Devastat 03-26-2011 07:15 AM

@windturbin You probably will have to wait till 19th of April till you can activate the game.

matsher 03-26-2011 02:47 PM

Mkay.. So for the South African guys...

I pre=orderd from BT Games stores - They are pretty much
all over the major city centres in JHB, Durbs, Cape Town...

Said I can pick it up on the 31st March - Yay
Good price too, only R345 (50USD) - Double yay

Not sure if they will have the Collectors Edition, didn't see the option.

JG52Uther 03-26-2011 04:06 PM

Can confirm the D2D 20% discount in the UK,because I just did it!
£23.96
:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.