Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Love game, changes need. To you crashers (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9986)

XR62MIB 09-22-2009 05:35 PM

Love game, changes need. To you crashers

This game is outstanding but the updates/patches are needed badly. In fact I don't believe you will ever build an online community with the game as it is now.

The most important update is the being able to crash and bailout to avoid a kill. It is ruining the game.

It has become a game of who can crash or bailout the fastest.

What makes many of us irritated the most is that many of the people who do this are the ones who are so vocal about the integrity and the skill involved in flight sims.

I wont mention any names, you know who you are. You purposely crash then re-spawn and come after us. Real integrity. Maybe your now starting to realize why 6 of us solely come after you. Were rookies but getting better.

This game could be outstanding and I believe we will see a larger community build once the patch is released. Until then those of you who pull the crashing crap are just driving people away from the game.

Even I now am focused on the bailout button to rob you of a kill. This is not the way the game should be played.

I used my xbox screen name because I am not hiding. Bring it. Soon the tables will turn.

MorgothNL 09-22-2009 07:04 PM

I havent noticed a LOT of crashers to be honest. I do play with the same people most of the time, but still, not seen many crashers.

Of course there are some, but once you know who they are, you know to keep peppering them, and not give them a chance of crashing (if they try, just hit the just before they crash and you get the kill).

I actually think it is a game with a lot of cool players, if a bug like this was in COD or something, it would be exploided non-stop. The people playing this game, have good sportsmanship :)

also.. do not be to easy with your judgement of 'that was a crash', sometimes a few hits in the elevators, can make the plane unflyable, and with not elevators to pull up with, it will most likely result in a crash that looked intentional.
And it might depend on the plane of your opponent, a bf-109 with a few hits in the wings is 'no problem', but I find a spit with a few hits in the wings, wayyy harder to keep under control.

What difficulty are you playing? I'm always on realistic, and I dont see many crashers there.. so if you play arcade, you might want to try the step up ;)

mdbuehler 09-22-2009 08:05 PM

I often wonder how much is actually on purpose. I've lost count of the number of times I've had my wing chewed up at low altitude. Unable to even fly straight, the next time I try and manuever I end up eating a house or tree, or flat spinning from altitude into a field :)

I've even flown healthy planes into the ground on accident trying to avoid, and in the reverse of that followed somebody into the ground when I get target fixated and lose my bearings.

If I've had a great duel and come out on top but heavily damaged, I'll ditch that plane for a fresh one as I know my opponent will be coming back with a new one shortly :)

Ancient Seraph 09-22-2009 08:08 PM

More rants to crashers... no point in posting them on the forums. Vent your anger by flaming somebody over xbox live or something. And as Morgoth rightly stated, not every crash is intentional. Especially if you see someone spin before he hits the ground, it's a clear indication it's unlikely to be intentional.

TRC Subaru 09-22-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorgothNL (Post 103946)
And it might depend on the plane of your opponent, a bf-109 with a few hits in the wings is 'no problem', but I find a spit with a few hits in the wings, wayyy harder to keep under control.

MorgothME, Funny you mentioned the ability of a plane to take hits…I often fly the spit and you are right, a few hits and that thing can barely stay in the air, never mind turn, roll or lift…your pretty much a “ sitting duck” once someone lights you up…

Hi XR, as we discussed last night lets hope the patch comes soon…;)

XR62MIB 09-22-2009 10:23 PM

Re

MorgothNL, you do make a very good point and I expect at times I may blame an uncontrolled spin as an intentional crash. But I am really referring to the guys who take the all out nose dive. I have been seeing my fair share.

But your also correct when you say there are many cool players in the game. I have met some really good people in there too.

XR62MIB 09-22-2009 10:24 PM

TRC, whats up buddy? I can't wait.

MorgothNL 09-22-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XR62MIB (Post 104008)
MorgothNL, you do make a very good point and I expect at times I may blame an uncontrolled spin as an intentional crash.

I think we all do some times. Its when you've been in a epic dogfight for minutes, then shoot the guy, he spins right away and crashes.
In these cases I also go: 'darn crasher!'. But when a friend then asks, 'ah, did he crash on purpose'?. I go 'nah..probably not, I might have hit his control surfaces'.
it just sucks not to get a reward for such a 'kill', but after the update, it will be good times :)

TRC Subaru 09-22-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XR62MIB (Post 104010)
TRC, whats up buddy? I can't wait.

Hey XR, yea can’t wait to get in the cockpit…I bet UNREAL has been practicing since 6:00 this morning…LOL

And as far as online simulators go – yea, BoP has some of the best of people online!

(…except the ones that shoot me down…lol)

fritzwendel 09-22-2009 11:25 PM

Agreed, probables should count.

TRC + XR: awesome games last night! The Ardennes battle was epic!

I'm still blown away by how much this game gets right; last night I shot the tail off of an opponent in an Emil, then the rest of the fuselage rolled over on its back.... and then I shredded his wings off! Just awesome sights to behold!

Btw if I crash, it's because I'm still a n00b at the online. :oops: