Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Off-Road Drive (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Time to get dirty with 1C (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26586)

Nike-it 09-30-2011 08:11 AM

Time to get dirty with 1C
 
1C Company is thrilled to announce that Off-Road Drive is available today.

Off-Road Drive is the first game ever to deliver a true-to-life, off-road, racing experience. Don’t hesitate and order your copy!

Special offer at Steam and Gamersgate! Purchase Off-road Drive before October 7th at 10am Pacific Time and receive the 1C Racing Collection or 1C Racing Mega Pack for Free!

HeXz 09-30-2011 09:37 AM

Already bought my copy! 5 hours playing non stop! Time to sleep :D

BTW, GREAT GAME! :grin:

Congrats for having the best off roading game ever created!


Regards!

GOZR 09-30-2011 03:22 PM

Third person view..... = :(

barnestah 09-30-2011 04:05 PM

Down loading now :grin: how is everyone getting on with the game so far? Any forum reviews of the game yet?

luke gr 09-30-2011 05:28 PM

Though It's too early for a full review, after a couple of hours playing
I can say one thing:
This game has such a difficulty level, makes you play again and again. :cool:
( Thank God It's not an arcade game, as I though when I first heard about It! )
Technically, It runs like a breeze (that must be a top engine using)! Great and smooth performance!
Graphically, It's amazing, though I haven't seen much, as I am stuck In the 2 first tracks of Ladoga :D

Overall, an excellend job from our Russian fellows!
And this Is just my first Impression!!!
Looking forward to move on to next levels ( though It's gonna take me many hours...:p)

Sneaksie 09-30-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOZR (Post 342420)
Third person view..... = :(

You can switch camera to a first person view AFAIK.

barnestah 09-30-2011 05:47 PM

Thanks for that Luke gr. I am only 25% of download. Hope its done before I get too tierd:grin:

ShawnK116 09-30-2011 05:48 PM

about graphics..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by luke gr (Post 342492)
Though It's too early for a full review, after a couple of hours playing
I can say one thing:
This game has such a difficulty level, makes you play again and again. :cool:
( Thank God It's not an arcade game, as I though when I first heard about It! )
Technically, It runs like a breeze (that must be a top engine using)! Great and smooth performance!
Graphically, It's amazing, though I haven't seen much, as I am stuck In the 2 first tracks of Ladoga :D

Overall, an excellend job from our Russian fellows!
And this Is just my first Impression!!!
Looking forward to move on to next levels ( though It's gonna take me many hours...:p)

switch over to MP or LAN mode MP and check em out they are trash..

Deezul 09-30-2011 06:29 PM

so far so good but I hate the xbox pad mappings, shift + a button? WTH? at lease we can change them

Bobcat1000100 09-30-2011 07:58 PM

Off road drive Xbox
 
Has it been released for Xbox as well as Pc or is it just on pc ?

jiveturkey 10-02-2011 01:18 AM

is any body willing to buy me this game on steam
i've spent almost all of my money on fixing my truck from real offroading
if u will buy me this game email me nainodnal12@aol.com

barnestah 10-02-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 342918)
is any body willing to buy me this game on steam
i've spent almost all of my money on fixing my truck from real offroading
if u will buy me this game email me nainodnal12@aol.com

Strangely enough No ;) But I wish you all the best.

Really enjoying the game so far. Tho I feel bad that many people can't even play it through technical issues & had no response from dev's.

I Think the game is excellent and hope very much for some good mod's soon from the clever bod's as there are many things that would make this very good game an Awesome game. :grin:

SuzukiSamurai 10-02-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnestah (Post 343046)
Strangely enough No ;) But I wish you all the best.

Really enjoying the game so far. Tho I feel bad that many people can't even play it through technical issues & had no response from dev's.

I Think the game is excellent and hope very much for some good mod's soon from the clever bod's as there are many things that would make this very good game an Awesome game. :grin:

Mods like new maps, free roam maybe, new trucks.

barnestah 10-03-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai (Post 343053)
Mods like new maps, free roam maybe, new trucks.

Absolutely! A few good mod's could really make this game a winner.

On another point can any One tell me does the game have working break lights? I have not seen any and was just wondering as my wheel & peddle's may not be set quite right thus giving me no break. Not too bothered as it's perfectly payable and my general rule of thumb is breaks are for girls anyway. :grin::grin:

Neverwin 10-11-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Really enjoying the game so far. Tho I feel bad that many people can't even play it through technical issues & had no response from dev's.
Thanks for your empathy!

I really want to play this game as it seems like the first real successor to "4x4 Screamer" but my Logitech Momo (which is very common) doesn´t work.

SuzukiSamurai 10-11-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverwin (Post 347905)
Thanks for your empathy!

I really want to play this game as it seems like the first real successor to "4x4 Screamer" but my Logitech Momo (which is very common) doesn´t work.

With no Free Roam, forget it. :(

evil_hero 10-11-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverwin (Post 347905)
Thanks for your empathy!

I really want to play this game as it seems like the first real successor to "4x4 Screamer" but my Logitech Momo (which is very common) doesn´t work.

Truthfully no. This is a game developed the "lazy man's" way. This game had potential. To be able to fire up multiplayer on a massive map, and be able to go out "trail riding" with your buddies. However the devs promised things they couldn't deliver. The game has the physics (for the most part), its just missing replay-ability. I have played through Thailand, and I'm already bored.
Without free roam, and without the tools to make this game better, this game is a bargin bin racer. Don't waste your money, but keep a watch, IF the 1C devs ever pull their heads out of their <> and end up releasing freeroam/editor tools, then by all means pick it up. In the mean time try MotorM4x, or back to Screamer.

To any game devs out there that happen to stumble across these posts. I (and I'm sure many others) would GLADLY pay $50 USD for an Off Road Sim, that has free roam and multiplayer free roam. My idea of a perfect Off Road sim is something that has good physics, but is still fun to play. Something that I can join a group of other players, and we can head out in our rigs and just.......CLIMB STUFF. Don't have to worry about time clocks, or going "out of map". Just CLIMB STUFF

/RANT

SuzukiSamurai 10-11-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_hero (Post 347920)
Truthfully no. This is a game developed the "lazy man's" way. This game had potential. To be able to fire up multiplayer on a massive map, and be able to go out "trail riding" with your buddies. However the devs promised things they couldn't deliver. The game has the physics (for the most part), its just missing replay-ability. I have played through Thailand, and I'm already bored.
Without free roam, and without the tools to make this game better, this game is a bargin bin racer. Don't waste your money, but keep a watch, IF the 1C devs ever pull their heads out of their <> and end up releasing freeroam/editor tools, then by all means pick it up. In the mean time try MotorM4x, or back to Screamer.

To any game devs out there that happen to stumble across these posts. I (and I'm sure many others) would GLADLY pay $50 USD for an Off Road Sim, that has free roam and multiplayer free roam. My idea of a perfect Off Road sim is something that has good physics, but is still fun to play. Something that I can join a group of other players, and we can head out in our rigs and just.......CLIMB STUFF. Don't have to worry about time clocks, or going "out of map". Just CLIMB STUFF

/RANT

I would pay $ 60 just to get the ultimate off road sim!

luke gr 10-12-2011 05:17 PM

Since I managed to sort that profile thing out and unstuck from the first 2 stages,
I finally started the carrier properly. That game Is glorious and breathless!
I have moved forward to some new locations and I am enjoying every second of each race! Brilliant graphics, locations, atmosphere, physics.
Everything Is made with so much passion! Never thought I would ever get so excited with a game like this!
It was worth every euro and I hope this company to get Into some more motorsports forms In the future!
Gongrats to all people worked for this game and gongrats for this great game engine ;)

Jeepin4Life 10-14-2011 02:58 AM

First off, I want to say thank you to 1c for making this game. Its the best to date simulation 4x4 game. Is there room for improvement yes, but its always easy to complain about this and that. I don't make video games so I have no idea how hard it would be to make a editor and free roam but I know a lot of other games have the free roam. But the guys at 1c might have worked there asses off to get it where it is. It's a smaller company so they most likely have less money to invest. We should be nice to 1c for being a voice in this niche style game. I honestly think they made a big mistake not putting it on the xbox 360. Make a downloadable game version from xbox live to save on money if that was a concern. I saw footage from 2010 at a game convention with off road drive on the xbox 360 so it would be nice if 1c would elaborate why the change of heart. Off road drive is a great game and I love the style game play where you play the same way as if you were on the trail. But 1c please don't give up and not further the progress to make a more dynamic free roam wheeling experience for us hardcore off road enthusiast in the future because were counting on you to deliver the goods. One thing is true....the people who love wheeling will spend the money so if that means selling the game for 69.99 instead of 30.00 and getting free roam maps and a kick ass gaming experience please do so! Cheers

SuzukiSamurai 10-24-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepin4Life (Post 348956)
First off, I want to say thank you to 1c for making this game. Its the best to date simulation 4x4 game. Is there room for improvement yes, but its always easy to complain about this and that. I don't make video games so I have no idea how hard it would be to make a editor and free roam but I know a lot of other games have the free roam. But the guys at 1c might have worked there asses off to get it where it is. It's a smaller company so they most likely have less money to invest. We should be nice to 1c for being a voice in this niche style game. I honestly think they made a big mistake not putting it on the xbox 360. Make a downloadable game version from xbox live to save on money if that was a concern. I saw footage from 2010 at a game convention with off road drive on the xbox 360 so it would be nice if 1c would elaborate why the change of heart. Off road drive is a great game and I love the style game play where you play the same way as if you were on the trail. But 1c please don't give up and not further the progress to make a more dynamic free roam wheeling experience for us hardcore off road enthusiast in the future because were counting on you to deliver the goods. One thing is true....the people who love wheeling will spend the money so if that means selling the game for 69.99 instead of 30.00 and getting free roam maps and a kick ass gaming experience please do so! Cheers

You're hoping too much LMAO, and for making this great game? XD Yes, what they did wasn't bad but you can't say in nearest distance that this game is awesome. Seriously, they never listened to us, the game is full of bugs, glitches, it didn't work so we had to solve the problem ourself. This game is worth $ 10 to me. I was bored after 1 week of playing.

Jeepin4Life 10-30-2011 02:49 AM

Well, after almost 1 month after release and no response since they announced on Facebook they would be fixing numerous issues I’m starting to understand all your frustrations of 1c just ignoring you. I think there more focused on other games there working on instead of working on Offroad Drive.

Jeepin4Life 10-30-2011 03:45 AM

I also noticed they removed there posting on Facebook saying that they were working on fixes. So it is what it is.........I wont be posting anymore or giving this game any more attention. Basically waste of time. Good luck everyone!

traildriver 11-20-2011 11:07 AM

Now availabel in germany (long awaited) under "Geländewagensimulator 2012" from rondomedia! I love it but miss a freeride mode!


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.