Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   Royal Quest (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Royal Quest in Development (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17051)

Nike-it 10-22-2010 07:49 AM

Royal Quest in Development
 
Today we are excited to announce the development of first massively multiplayer online role-playing game ever produced by 1C – Royal Quest. The developer of game is the studio well-known worldwide for their cult hit Space Rangers, and one of the most popular RPG series ever emerged from Russia, King’s Bounty.

The fantasy world of Royal Quest is called Aura. It’s a world full of magic, technology and alchemy. Aura is under imminent danger by dark alchemists who will kill to find the highly rare and precious Elenium mineral with its many unique features. The King has put out the call in search of courageous heroes to banish the invaders once and forever. As a reward he promises titles, castles and riches.

Royal Quest is scheduled for Spring 2012 release. More information about the game can be found at the game official website.

Kolorabi 10-22-2010 08:06 AM

Oh great, you announce a follow-up to two of my favourite games ever, and it's a MMO.

Dwagginz 10-22-2010 08:35 AM

That actually looks surprisingly good. I can see a lot of influence from various games and books (Seems to be a bit of an Alice in Wonderland theme with it).

The combat, from those screenies, looked a little hack'n'slash - I presume it'll be "standard" MMO combat?

Kolorabi 10-22-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi (Post 191714)
Oh great, you announce a follow-up to two of my favourite games ever, and it's a freaking MMO.

Is that better? I used ****s, so I see no reason to edit it for "obscene language". Oh, now this post will get edited too, because there could be ANYTHING beneath those asterisks, and it COULD be obscene! That was a joke, FYI. I guess I'm just not used to this level of censorship. :)

I understand you're disappointed that the first post in your thread was negative. But I'm disappointed too. This is a developer known for their amazing single player games, and now they're wasting their time on an MMO that's destined to fail.

Nike-it 10-22-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi (Post 191748)
Is that better? I used ****s, so I see no reason to edit it for "obscene language". Oh, now this post will get edited too, because there could be ANYTHING beneath those asterisks, and it COULD be obscene! That was a joke, FYI. I guess I'm just not used to this level of censorship. :)

I understand you're disappointed that the first post in your thread was negative. But I'm disappointed too. This is a developer known for their amazing single player games, and now they're wasting their time on an MMO that's destined to fail.

I can't say that I was disappointed by your post, but in any case using such expressions is strictly prohibited here.
We do understand that the announcement of MMO may be very unexpected, but I'm sure that guys from Katauri will again create fantastic game which will attract even more players.

MultiForce 10-22-2010 12:32 PM

It's always interested with new MMOs.

Will there be a closed/public BETA?

Nike-it 10-22-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiForce (Post 191784)
It's always interested with new MMOs.

Will there be a closed/public BETA?

It's too early to talk about Beta.

MultiForce 10-22-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike-it (Post 191785)
It's too early to talk about Beta.

Riiiiight.... I read 2012 as 2011 :-P

mare911 10-22-2010 02:28 PM

Did you decided about payment model yet?

I hope it will be proper p2p game

megakill 10-22-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mare911 (Post 191897)
Did you decided about payment model yet?

I hope it will be proper p2p game


We will talk about this closer to release. I think there will be various solutions depending on the market. Try selling a p2p game in China :-)

Kolorabi 10-22-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike-it (Post 191753)
I can't say that I was disappointed by your post, but in any case using such expressions is strictly prohibited here.
We do understand that the announcement of MMO may be very unexpected, but I'm sure that guys from Katauri will again create fantastic game which will attract even more players.

Ok, fair enough.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it will be a success in the US/Western Europe even if it is a good game. The MMO-market is oversaturated, and you need a big, big name in order to attract the crowds. Either that, or you need to use sleazy micropayment schemes, which are quite unethical in my view and it would be disappointing to see a respectable company go down that route.

Good luck, in any case. I doubt I'll be posting more on this, I'll be back when you announce Space Rangers 3 or King's Bounty 2. Or something else (as long as it's not an MMO).

Dwagginz 10-22-2010 03:46 PM

I find myself agreeing with Kolorabi, but at the same time, I'll admit Royal Quest has piqued my interest more than most. I like what I've experienced of Katauri, and I think 1C are a good publisher (If not underappreciated).
I do think a non-MMO title might be a preferable, but I'm going to keep my eye on it, and if it continues to look this pleasant in 2011-2012, I will consider picking it up.

Divebomb 10-22-2010 05:45 PM

yeah, a little disappointed by this announcement aswell. I mean I remember all too well a juggernaut developer like nival going down in flames to MMOs. not that they've gone down in flames, but do I know what they're even doing these days? nope, no idea. I'll still give this royal quest a fair chance.

hopefully making a mmo doesn't mean katauri will be stuck doing this game from now until forever, although that's what making a mmo means from what I can tell. unless the mmo is extremely poorly received, no one plays it, and is shut down. and no one wants katauri's games to fail, but I don't think anyone wants to see katauri working on this forever either.

malcolmm 10-22-2010 07:48 PM

Although I dislike MMO games, I was interested in this because of who is developing it. But after looking at the combat screens, it looks like it won't be for me, I'm not interested in arcade combat.

mare911 10-22-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megakill (Post 191900)
We will talk about this closer to release. I think there will be various solutions depending on the market. Try selling a p2p game in China :-)

I agree with you on China thing :D
I just hope you will take many of f2p MMO debacles into consideration (Allods anyone?) because many of us cant afford to be invested in a MMO with uncertain financing/development.

Fancy graphic/story/mechanic means nothing when game is built around cache shop and pay-to-win PVP

Wishwash 10-24-2010 09:51 PM

The game certainly looks very pretty from the few pictures so far.
I look forward to hearing more about further developments as time progresses.

Keep us posted!

Nike-it 10-25-2010 08:17 AM

There going to be a lot of new stuff after Russian Game Exhibition Igromir (3-6 November).;)

Divebomb 10-26-2010 03:09 PM

ah ok igromir is next week. awesome

1C will announce or show other new games there for the first time aswell?

just saw the list of titles on 1c.ru. captain blood, mow assault squad, theatre of war korea, mow vietnam, 4x4 3 off road drive, real warfare 2, star wolves 3. I don't mean any of these, this is a list of well knowns

Chalkbot 10-26-2010 05:35 PM

Mmo?
 
When you say Royal Quest is an "MMO", do you mean the gameplay is similar to World of Warcraft or more like Diablo? The screenshots sort of indicate a hack and slash style game.

Also on the pay to play side of it; since you don't have a difinitive answer on that right now, can we take that to mean that you are not planning on making the game 100% free to play? I imagine if that were the case it would have been decided before development started.

Nike-it 10-27-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalkbot (Post 193080)
When you say Royal Quest is an "MMO", do you mean the gameplay is similar to World of Warcraft or more like Diablo? The screenshots sort of indicate a hack and slash style game.

Also on the pay to play side of it; since you don't have a difinitive answer on that right now, can we take that to mean that you are not planning on making the game 100% free to play? I imagine if that were the case it would have been decided before development started.

Royal Quest will have Diablo style gameplay. And about payment, it definitely won't be free .

Korsakov829 10-27-2010 09:38 PM

This is interesting! I'll check it out for sure, although 2012 seems far away.

I'll see 1C at Igromir. I'm sure the attendance for this year will be very high.

onepiece 10-28-2010 01:16 AM

WoW meets Diablo Meets DeathSpank meets King's Bounty meets Space Rangers!! (am I forgetting someone?). Lets hope you succeed (or have an honorable death in the MMO's market).

But by 2012 you will have to face the most wicked of foe's!! (No, not your ridiculous and probably very generic dark alchemists in search of some even more generic mineral): DIABLO III!!! (It would be there without doubt by the time Royal Quest goes online)

The fans will beg for Mercy; The arcs of Blizzard will collapse; 1C against the most wanted game in ten years (now that starcraft 2 has been released). 2 games. 1 field. 1 battle. And only 1 winner...

This summer...2012 summer
..
Diablo III
..
Royal Quest
...
And you are the jury on the (probably not) most wanted battle in history (after all a Goliat vs Sanson battle-like looks way better in a PC screen with fantasy units, hot but scarce female looking units, ridiculous dialogue, lots of cannon fodder and...loot. Lots of LOOT).

The battle..is..Now!

Korsakov829 10-28-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onepiece (Post 193307)
...WoW meets Diablo Meets DeathSpank meets King's Bounty meets Space Rangers!! (am I forgetting someone?)....

Yeah, the old RPGs, starting with Neverwinter Nights. I still play that after I forget how long, but awhile.

pavned 10-29-2010 01:37 PM

How is that related to the King Bounty online game?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/9865...announced.html

AM I the only one to find that weird?

Nike-it 11-01-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost-fat-bunny (Post 193874)
I think that is an paid article from PR managers of 1C Company. It was being put on GameBanshee with "passed" date and didn't for players but did it for having partnership with interested co-publishers or investors.

But much more activities we'll see if or... In general it refers only in passive mode for us like players whom want to see the gamed game with rich community and with lot of players on preferred servers or on liked services directly.

It's not a paid article and it was taken from another resource. King's Bounty Online is absolutely not Royal Quest and it most like won't be re;eased outside Russia.

Korsakov829 11-02-2010 01:39 PM

In 2012, I could be anywhere and won't be able to get it. So I might not be able to play it, I'll have to wait and see.

I am sure that it will turn out well.

TJz 11-14-2010 09:04 PM

I know I will be in total favor of RQ.

I had taken a look at the D3 gameplay vids and to be quite honest. It heavily reminds me of Baldur's Gate which i played start to finish normal and nightmare in 1 night. The thing in BG that bothered me the most was the Loot drop system. I am aware that it is a minimal, if not trivial issue. But, bouncing loot just is not my thing lol.


Don't get me wrong. D3 graphics are pretty good. The game has it's own special spark to it. It just is not my cup of tea.

BB Shockwave 11-21-2010 06:05 PM

Really like the art style, very much like King's Bounty, it's a somewhat faerytale-like fantasy world, somewhat funny but not overtly ridiculous like Deathspank. I even noticed some units that look very similar to KB units, like a Royal Thorn or the Orc shamans.

Any word about skills, classes, etc? From the trailer the game looks pretty much playeable and in beta stage, but the homepage doesn't delve into much detail.

full point 11-23-2010 03:57 AM

My hat is off to 1C. That was a great trailer, and from the interview I read that was posted here it sounds like we may have a real contender for the next addictive, action-based mmo (and we really need one!).

Really hoping that 1C are fans of old UO and AC.

Couple of questions:

1) It appears there is a possibility of human-only playable races. Could it be that we will get a ridiculous amount of equipment customization as a trade-off?

2) Will we be choosing from timeless classics like the fighter, mage, and priest, or can we do whatever the heck we want?

3) Will each server be a single world, or will there be endless instances of all dungeons?

4) With servers in mind, can you please consider a pvp-only server, where everyone can fight everyone? You don't really even need to support this server, just make it happen then leave it be for the most part.

Korsakov829 11-23-2010 05:19 PM

2012 is a little far off, lets not forget all the updates that come with all released games. I'm sure there will be plenty of equipment.

Nike-it 11-24-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by full point (Post 200254)
My hat is off to 1C. That was a great trailer, and from the interview I read that was posted here it sounds like we may have a real contender for the next addictive, action-based mmo (and we really need one!).

Really hoping that 1C are fans of old UO and AC.

Couple of questions:

1) It appears there is a possibility of human-only playable races. Could it be that we will get a ridiculous amount of equipment customization as a trade-off?

2) Will we be choosing from timeless classics like the fighter, mage, and priest, or can we do whatever the heck we want?

3) Will each server be a single world, or will there be endless instances of all dungeons?

4) With servers in mind, can you please consider a pvp-only server, where everyone can fight everyone? You don't really even need to support this server, just make it happen then leave it be for the most part.

1) It can be

2) There will be 4 classes with different specialization.

3 and 4) Can't say yet.

Glitch 03-11-2011 10:33 PM

i joined forums just for this game, can't wait until it comes out :)

Sloul 03-12-2011 07:34 PM

Well... you shall wait :lol:

fillyra 05-31-2011 09:52 PM

Can I have a pet hamster in-game and name it and carry it around in my inventory?

I'm really serious when I say this would be an instant selling point for me.

Sneaksie 06-01-2011 11:36 AM

There will be pets, but i'm not sure about hamsters:) More info will be available closer to release.

Elwin 02-05-2012 01:45 PM

any chance to know which part fo the year game releases?

Elwin 01-15-2014 08:58 AM

Forgot about this title for so long i tohught it is actualy out lolz. But i see year passed wothut any change lol

Elwin 02-16-2014 07:45 PM

Why there isnt even any news on site or whATever that game is launched????

Dwalon 06-22-2014 06:09 AM

RoyalQuest.com
 
I see there is a website with additional information: RoyalQuest.com

BB Shockwave 07-18-2014 07:17 PM

This is OUT? And nobody noticed us here on the forums... great.

Will check it, though I was not blown away by the russian version,


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.