Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Oleg Maddox's Room #1 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2039)

Meusli 08-06-2008 08:23 PM

In the current game, taxing your aircraft in full cockpit mode really hinders your view. I know that there is going to be 6DOF implemented which will help, but are there going to be other things to help like AI ground crew on your wing or maybe a small box in the corner showing a view in front?

JG27CaptStubing 08-07-2008 12:00 AM

The short answer is learn taxi like the real guys do it. Yeah leaning out would help but the real answer is Tail draggers zig zag on the taxi way

Meusli 08-07-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG27CaptStubing (Post 46935)
The short answer is learn taxi like the real guys do it. Yeah leaning out would help but the real answer is Tail draggers zig zag on the taxi way

I know what your saying, but its still a game we are playing and aircrew on wings giving directions was common I thought.

6S.Manu 08-07-2008 06:20 PM

Did you see the flash advert about Leipzig on the top right corner of the page? No SoW...

I'm starting to lose my hopes...

ECV56_LeChuck 08-07-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6S.Manu (Post 46972)
Did you see the flash advert about Leipzig on the top right corner of the page? No SoW...

I was going to say exactly that... But I do have faith in SoW. Maybe we just need to wait more time. But hey!! enjoy 1946!!

Tree_UK 08-08-2008 03:41 AM

2 weeks so im told.

Bobb4 08-08-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree_UK (Post 46986)
2 weeks so im told.

Lol, sigh!
It is impossible to release a product that is in it's pre-alpha stage of development in two weeks??? Who did you get your information from :grin:
The rotter was toying with your emotions.
Oh it was me... Well it goes to show even the greatest minds can be wrong :grin:
My own theory goes something like this...
It has been delayed because of Open GL 3. DirectX 10 and you can add any other reason here __________________.
The moral of this little ditty is as they say in the SA Army "Hurry up and wait!"
It will arrive on Monday, and this is based on statistical research that most new games are delivered instore on Mondays. Now pick a week, month or year to add to this conclusion and you have a 99% chance of being wrong.

Tree_UK 08-08-2008 09:24 AM

lol :grin::grin:

nearmiss 08-08-2008 08:35 PM

I hope this is the correct thread.

A couple suggestions for OLEG for the SOW:

1) In the FMB I would like to see the Player flight NOT be assigned to waypoints. The player flight should be able to do things ON-THE-FLY and not be constrained to flying over specific waypoints precisely in order to advance to the next waypoint. The player should receive orders like an actual briefing and fly according to the briefing to target areas. This could be done with event areas where the player is given a heading, and can receive additional heading information from ADF, or other comms.

2) The AI would fly by waypoints as usual, but it would be nice to have the ability to have alternate waypoints for AI resulting from triggers.

3) It would be a great tool to have Translucent Canopy/cockpit frame rails to offset the fact we have no peripheral vision ability. I'm not talking about NO frame rails. I talking about the regular frame rails are visible, but the player can see through the rails. The floor side panels, instruments, back headrest all would be opague. THe player could not see through those things he could not normally see through, just canopy frame rails.

I say translucent, because even with 6 DOF when you move your head side to side it is not possible to get the same visual effect as a real person gets because of stereoscopic peripheral vision. I would certainly prefer this arrangement over the HUD, which is totally "StarWars".

This would not take way from the fliight experience, because flying the late model P-51, P-47 and several other planes with fulll clear canopies is available now and isn't a CHEAT.

IMO, the big frame rails that are constantly in your way visually don't add to immersion. If you just look at the screen with the big frame rails in front of you it is common to have less than 30% visual. One of my friends that plays other war games said, "That is so stupid looking at the screen and not being able to see what your doing". I agree with him.

So, maybe a switch to Translucent canopy frame rails, a switch to canopy frame rails... this shouldn't be any problem at the programming level to provide. I can make translucent frame rails in photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. for MSFT CFS2 cockpits and it's hardly any work at all.

Thanks for all the work you've done.

rpgielow 08-12-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobb4 (Post 46991)
Lol, sigh!
It is impossible to release a product that is in it's pre-alpha stage of development in two weeks??? Who did you get your information from :grin:
The rotter was toying with your emotions.
Oh it was me... Well it goes to show even the greatest minds can be wrong :grin:
My own theory goes something like this...
It has been delayed because of Open GL 3. DirectX 10 and you can add any other reason here __________________.
The moral of this little ditty is as they say in the SA Army "Hurry up and wait!"
It will arrive on Monday, and this is based on statistical research that most new games are delivered instore on Mondays. Now pick a week, month or year to add to this conclusion and you have a 99% chance of being wrong.

I have heard that SOW was cancelled.