Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Friday update and discussions 2011-03-11 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19154)

Oleg Maddox 03-11-2011 02:21 PM

Friday update and discussions 2011-03-11
 
5 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Today there are just small video and several screen shots. Next week - probably some new battle scene in video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqlO14zQmg

Humans absent because it is static objects (they are present in vihicles with AI).

meplay 03-11-2011 02:22 PM

nice

blades96 03-11-2011 02:22 PM

Nice. Very nice!

JG53Harti 03-11-2011 02:22 PM

nice !

1.JaVA_Sharp 03-11-2011 02:26 PM

nice attempt at foreshadowing....

PeterPanPan 03-11-2011 02:27 PM

Lovely vid Oleg, thanks. Frame rates looking silky smooth which is especially nice to see on the low level sequence at the end. What machine was this made on please?
PPanPan

NSU 03-11-2011 02:28 PM

nice air school :)

and ground Objects

i hope we see some Bomber pictures soon

Dano 03-11-2011 02:28 PM

The lighting is just sublime :)

NSU 03-11-2011 02:30 PM

Please do not forget the engine and radio voice sound in the battle scene video ;)

Defender 03-11-2011 02:30 PM

Great shots thanks, the cockpit view in the trainer also looks great. I loved how smooth the instrument needles move.

Thanks for the update.

Meusli 03-11-2011 02:31 PM

Hi Oleg.

Cheers for the update, I really liked this one. The ground textures look a lot better and the detail in that spit picture is amazing.

Will there eventually be humans on static objects?

Oldschool61 03-11-2011 02:32 PM

Whats the status of CoD has it gone gold yet and if not any idea when??

Skoshi Tiger 03-11-2011 02:32 PM

Very Lovely, I can see myself spending hours in a Tiger Moth exploring the map! Though the guy who's job it is to mow the grass should be put on a charge!

ECV56_Guevara 03-11-2011 02:34 PM

Excelent the video especially the music...makes me remember the movie "dark blue world"
Nice screens too, Thanks

sfmadmax 03-11-2011 02:34 PM

Great, Thanks Oleg!:-P

Insuber 03-11-2011 02:35 PM

Beatiful atmosphere - I like the colors and the lighting. Bravo Oleg and Luthier!

25th March approaches, yuppie!

giovanni the ace 03-11-2011 02:36 PM

Today's my birthday and what a great birthday present. Cant wait to fly the tiger moth.:-)

smink1701 03-11-2011 02:36 PM

Very nice...seems the details are being turned up every week.

rakinroll 03-11-2011 02:37 PM

Very nice video and music. Thank you Oleg.

Oleg Maddox 03-11-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni the ace (Post 233319)
Today's my birthday and what a great birthday present. Cant wait to fly the tiger moth.:-)

Congratulations with the bithday!

kalimba 03-11-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meusli (Post 233313)
Hi Oleg.

Will there eventually be humans on static objects?

I know, I know....You only looked at the pictures...But, read what Oleg wrote in his post...Just on top of the srenies...;)

Salute !

Bowtome 03-11-2011 02:40 PM

All very pretty, but has it gone gold? When can I pre-order in in England from the big stores?

T}{OR 03-11-2011 02:41 PM

Thank you for the update.

Dano 03-11-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalimba (Post 233323)
I know, I know....You only looked at the pictures...But, read what Oleg wrote in his post...Just on top of the srenies...;)

Salute !

And you failed to read his post lol.

CharveL 03-11-2011 02:51 PM

Thanks again, Oleg.

Is the audio engine or samples still being tweaked or are you just saving it for more of a surprise closer to release?

=XIII=Shea 03-11-2011 02:51 PM

Fantastic vid and screens oleg TY:)

150GCT_Veltro 03-11-2011 02:53 PM

A tandem trainer is really a revolution, really a wonderfull addition! Any chance to have a german one in the future as DLC?

Sky's layers look superb meanwhile clouds still look like IL2.

Thank for the update.

kristorf 03-11-2011 02:54 PM

Very nice indeed, but the bloody grass needs cutting, the Regimental won't be too happy............:grin:

meshuggahs 03-11-2011 02:55 PM

I'm seriously thinking about deep freezing myself for the next 2 weeks. Just can't wait any longer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharveL (Post 233328)
Is the audio engine or samples still being tweaked or are you just saving it for more of a surprise closer to release?

Yes! Gun/engine sounds! Pwease Oleg!

louisv 03-11-2011 02:59 PM

Has anybody seen the South Park episode where Cartman has to wait before the Wii console comes out ?

Well he asks his friends to freeze him in a glacier (South Park is in Colorado) and thaw him up when the 2 weeks are over because he just cannot bear to wait...

That's how I feel about CoD...Please freeze me...until March 25 (or April 19), I just can't wait:-)



edit: Damn, Meshuggahs beat me to it...^^

Letum 03-11-2011 02:59 PM

Thanks OM.

holdenbj 03-11-2011 03:02 PM

Very nice. Is it two weeks yet? :)

Sternjaeger 03-11-2011 03:03 PM

very very nice, I only hope you remembered the peculiar mechanism of the Tiger Moth ailerons: they never go up, they only go down on the side opposite to where you give stick.

Uh and what with the exhausts guys? Wasn't the 4 pipes only for export Tiger Moths?

CharveL 03-11-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshuggahs (Post 233333)
I'm seriously thinking about deep freezing myself for the next 2 weeks. Just can't wait any longer!



Yes! Gun/engine sounds! Pwease Oleg!

I've taken to flogging my back daily with a leather cat-o-nine in the vain effort to deaden any built up anticipation as, at present, I'm expecting a cornucopic explosion of unicorns and rainbows upon first game launch.

Ploughman 03-11-2011 03:05 PM

Very nice pics and a lovely vid. Two weeks, be sure?

Meusli 03-11-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 233326)
And you failed to read his post lol.

What he said, lol.

ECV56_Lancelot 03-11-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox (Post 233300)
...Humans absent because it is static objects (they are present in vihicles with AI).

Do you think we will eventually have animated humans on airfields?. Don't mind you cant interact with them, it would be unnecesary, but just having people moving around and doing something would make a huge diference. I still think its the most important aspect to give the feeling of a "living world" when you are on the ground, or near at it, instead of having this "ghost airbases".

I'm not referring to the humans inside vehicles, by the way.

Thanks for the update, as usual, impeccable! :)

Avionsdeguerre 03-11-2011 03:11 PM

Very nice, I can't wait this great game !
Merveilleux !

RCAF_FB_Orville 03-11-2011 03:15 PM

Thanks for the update, the ground and field crop textures are looking much better now....very pleasing to the eye. :)

Zorin 03-11-2011 03:16 PM

I guess what we like to know is this.

1. Will we have static human objects in different postures that can be placed by the mission builder.
2. Smaller groups of up to 5 humans that can be set as our IL-2 convoys going through different routines. Carrying boxes or tools or just marching down a predefined course.

Additionally, in case of an atack they should have a escape/ take cover routine setting in.

Be nice to get an answer on this :)

Ustas! 03-11-2011 03:19 PM

mistake
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi! Thx for update! See pictures in att.

mazex 03-11-2011 03:25 PM

I really can see a tank warfare addon for this now ;) Really nice...

ChrisDNT 03-11-2011 03:28 PM

Pilots look really good and head movements very realistic, nice.

Hecke 03-11-2011 03:28 PM

2 weeks left and no word about the status?

ChrisDNT 03-11-2011 03:29 PM

Aren't the size of the waves a little too big for a quiet day ? (not sure, I'm not living near the sea)

ChrisDNT 03-11-2011 03:30 PM

Btw, views on the ground look really cool ---> tank sim :grin: (Battle of France, for instance)

ChrisDNT 03-11-2011 03:33 PM

"I really can see a tank warfare addon for this now Really nice..."

Early war German and British vehicules and tanks seem already modelled, just add some B1bis and Somua 35 and it's done.... almost ! ;)

Old_Canuck 03-11-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louisv (Post 233336)
Has anybody seen the South Park episode where Cartman has to wait before the Wii console comes out ?

Well he asks his friends to freeze him in a glacier (South Park is in Colorado) and thaw him up when the 2 weeks are over because he just cannot bear to wait...

That's how I feel about CoD...Please freeze me...until March 25 (or April 19), I just can't wait:-)



edit: Damn, Meshuggahs beat me to it...^^

I thought freezing was automatic in Montreal.

Oldschool61 03-11-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ustas! (Post 233350)
Hi! Thx for update! See pictures in att.

You forgot to point out the tires are over inflated.

Strike 03-11-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ustas! (Post 233350)
Hi! Thx for update! See pictures in att.

Just to prove you wrong, I spent like 30 mins searching the internets and guess what?! Oleg has done homework!

Top Right corner :

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/img140-1.jpg

wildone_106 03-11-2011 03:46 PM

Beautiful video & photos!

Just a general comment, is there any other kind of weather systems simulated other than calm skys as all I've seen so far is pretty nice weather..what about storms/overcast skys ect? Just curious. Awesome work!

Redwan 03-11-2011 03:48 PM

Very nice !!! Even is some textures look a little bit strange, the global views are very nice and dare we say photo-realistic ! It’s the first time that we have that level of detail in a flight sim.

It looks as beautiful and as detailed as a good ground sim (even better eye candy than T34 vs Tiger Tank sim)

Good job !!!

zapatista 03-11-2011 03:53 PM

oleg,

thanks for another update

very nice to see moving human crew in the planes ! the tiger moth looks great and the lighting quality is very impressive

question: in one of the recent russian interviews you mentioned there will be "limited dynamic weather" because it is taking to much pc resources to right now implement it as you had hoped, so will there be a similar limited dynamic campaign at release time ? or has this been completely postponed ? if it is is postponed, will this still be a priority you will be working on after release in the first few patches ?

for many of us we dream of having a 24/7 dynamic campaign server for il2, where we can joint he server at any time and choose missions to fly in an evolving campaign. i really hope you can still give this a priority !

Blackdog_kt 03-11-2011 03:56 PM

Screenshots are the usual very good quality, but the video is just excellent.

1) Instrument needles move smoothly in a believable manner.

2) The crew in the aircraft reacts to G-forces as we've been told by Luthier a long time ago, but it's the first time we seen it so clearly.

3) At 1:08 you can see the back seater in the further Tiger Moth looking at the one closer to the camera, then turning his head back forward at 1:10. This is much smoother than the way it was done in IL2 for AI pilots, which leads me to believe it's a human controlled pilot whose head movements we can see. Great for multiplayer (i think it's also been confirmed that head movements are displayed for human controlled pilots).

4) The light, shadows, haze, OMG! I can't wait to see how much better it will look when the dynamic weather is optimized and patched into the game.

5) The ground sequence at the end was smooth, fluid and rock steady.

This is getting better and better. I really appreciate showing us some in-cockpit footage. We already know how good the 3D models are, it would be nice if we see more videos from an in-cockpit perspective.

That's my only small request for next week: if the video is not yet shot and finalized, i'd like to see someone flying the aircraft from within the cockpit. Sounds would be welcome but i would also like it very much if we had some sort of commentary talking us through what the pilot is doing, in order to highlight the new features (a display of complex engine management + anthropomorphic modeling would rock).

Great work! ;)

Tree_UK 03-11-2011 03:59 PM

Very nice movie Oleg thank you, would it be possible to show some actual in game movie footage nextweek from the pilots perspective, maybe a raid over an airfield. Many thanks.

Hecke 03-11-2011 04:06 PM

Is the game still on time for a march 24th release?

JG1_Wanderfalke 03-11-2011 04:11 PM

i dont care anymore
dont know why...

JG1_Wanderfalke 03-11-2011 04:12 PM

Getting Better all the time
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk0dBZ1meio

zauii 03-11-2011 04:16 PM

Thanks for the update.
Excellent as always, and the obvious question i suppose, is the game still due for match 25th ?

nearmiss 03-11-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ustas! (Post 233350)
Hi! Thx for update! See pictures in att.


OMG! where do you come from? :confused:

I'm sure we will be changing tires on that truck.. :rolleyes:

TheGrunch 03-11-2011 05:00 PM

I think it's a joke nm. :)

Tempest123 03-11-2011 05:23 PM

Holy smokes Oleg!

Fafnir_6 03-11-2011 05:28 PM

Thanks for the update, Oleg. The screenshots are very impressive, as usual. The video's high framerate is good to see, as well (as someone posted earlier). You say that next week we will get a battle video. Could we please get a video with no music? A mixture of interior and exterior video sequences that will enable us to: a) admire the sexy planes/cockpits b) admire the sexy lanscape/lighting and c) (most important) allow us to hear the interior and exterior sounds. Video sequences should be long enough to get a good feeling for how each plane will sound inside and out and some exterior flypasts would also be welcome. I really enjoy your weekly updates and hope to see some of this soon.

Cheers and thanks,

Fafnir_6

ElAurens 03-11-2011 05:43 PM

The views in the screenshots look like you could have a totally believable first person perspective infantry component at some time in the future as well.

The video has convinced me that my very first flight will be in a Tiger Moth, and not a fighter.

Thank you again Oleg.

The Kraken 03-11-2011 05:55 PM

Neat... two weeks before release and suddenly there's a detail bump map on the terrain textures - any more surprises in the pipeline? ;)

Thanks for another nice update!

Mysticpuma 03-11-2011 05:55 PM

Dear Oleg.

Stills and video of the usual expected standard thanks.

As posted by a couple of others, please can we have the engine and gun noise that will be in the release version in the next 'Battle' video. It would be good to hear, finally, what this is actually going to sound like after many, many requests?

Lastly, I wonder as there is so-much ground detail, whether there will be a possible 'Scramble' Sequence from the Pilots view?

I'm thinking that the bell will ring, then from a First Person view we would run (no user control just a First Person sequence) to the aircraft, step in and then take control from the usual position?

I still yearn for a Pilot body in the cockpit view with legs and arms, as we now have 6-DoF to look around the body parts if they obstruct a view, but I wonder if the Fisrt Person POV scramble could be possible (even if it's in a later patch as we are so-close to release).

Thanks for the update, cheers, MP

McHilt 03-11-2011 05:56 PM

that video is totally mesmerizing... wonderful, and no lag at all, congrats Oleg and all there at 1C studios.
The screenies and the landscape detail are beyond belief, how things have shaped up! Is this a flight sim? oh, yes... and unbeatable for years to come.

big Thx

erco 03-11-2011 06:06 PM

Wow!
 
To steal a phrase, that video was just PURE WIN!

Beautiful work. And I can't help but wonder if the video we got today wasn't a shot fired across Microsoft's bow, considering their promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwB8GD8qnDA

Speaking of this, a Stearman and an AT-6 would be very welcome!

wildone_106 03-11-2011 06:29 PM

Theres no way this game is shipping in 2 weeks, I just wish Oleg would be honest about it, don't we deserve that? Already pre-ordered..I didn't expect it out till the END of 011 so I wont be disapointed..only that maybe they're not being honest about the situation thats all.

norulz 03-11-2011 06:37 PM

I hope water and especially clouds will be improved with time in CoD series.

McHilt 03-11-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodolphe (Post 233403)
...




Well, at this 2 cm Flak 30/38, there is a Feldwebel on "Battle Station". ;)

...

scrutinizing screenies? well done Rodolphe! :)

Stiboo 03-11-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodolphe (Post 233403)
...


Well, at this 2 cm Flak 30/38, there is a Feldwebel on "Battle Station". ;)

...

He He He...!:)

Nice spot Rodolphe...with eyes like that you're a great fighter pilot!

zauii 03-11-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norulz (Post 233404)
I hope water and especially clouds will be improved with time in CoD series.


Water ur kidding me? Look at some of the videos, its gorgeous no need for improvement there.

Coen020 03-11-2011 08:00 PM

OH NOES! It's the infamous Tiger Moth Squadron.

Stealth_Eagle 03-11-2011 08:19 PM

Hi Oleg. Great choice of things to release today. I have a few questions.

Are manned AAA turrets still going to be available to be used?

Is the map still like it is in other updates?

Can we use "false markings"? (RAF markings on a ME-109 for example)

Is there going to be triggers for creating missions?

Will these triggers work in dogfight servers?

How detailed can we get with these triggers?

Thanks for you time and commitment for all of us sim pilots.

I am asking these questions since I am planning on making an extreme in depth multilayer mission where it is designed to run the full course of the Battle of Britain in one mission. The triggers would be used to like if the Germans get a massive advantage, it would trigger an invasion force or if you fly in formation with 2 other people, an AI would spawn and join up with you for safety in numbers. I have several friends that will help me test this idea if triggers to the degree of detail that I want are released. If successful, I could give you the mission file to see if you like it. Maybe about 36 hours of total work to accomplish that :grin: much longer than it took me to just set up historically accurate ship line ups in Pearl Harbor (around 5 hours). I would love to see the triggers.

kendo65 03-11-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone_106 (Post 233402)
Theres no way this game is shipping in 2 weeks, I just wish Oleg would be honest about it, don't we deserve that? Already pre-ordered..I didn't expect it out till the END of 011 so I wont be disapointed..only that maybe they're not being honest about the situation thats all.


You could conceivably be right, but seeing as there has been no more word on this since Oleg's last very specific reassurance that the 25th was still the planned release date I'll stick with that thanks.

I do like the way that you jump from pure speculation into the firm conviction that Oleg is being dishonest and should 'come clean'.

Of course, it is just possible that the reason he hasn't 'come clean' is because the plan hasn't changed. Far-fetched I know, but....

I'm convinced that a week after release some people will still be posting: "There is NO way this game will be out by ...."

Fall_Pink? 03-11-2011 08:52 PM

D*mn, enough detail to start a very nice ground sim ;-) Lighting en reflections look stunning!!

Rgs,
Mark

sallee 03-11-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiboo (Post 233420)
He He He...!:)

Nice spot Rodolphe...with eyes like that you're a great fighter pilot!

I must have the eyes of Hermann Goering. I was looking at the Gulaschkanone.

Redwan 03-11-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erco (Post 233399)
To steal a phrase, that video was just PURE WIN!

Beautiful work. And I can't help but wonder if the video we got today wasn't a shot fired across Microsoft's bow, considering their promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwB8GD8qnDA

Speaking of this, a Stearman and an AT-6 would be very welcome!

Wonderfull movie !

It’s so realistic that it’s almost impossible to make the difference with the reality … I watched this week’s update movie after watching this MS trailer and I reached the sad conclusion that a small development team is far from being able of even approaching the graphic quality that we can find in this fantastic Microsoft trailer.

I hope that MS will one day decide to make a new version of his CFS4 with the same graphic quality.

Maybe a feature like 'camera shaking' would have made Oleg's video look less candid and naive (the planes look like standing still above the water .... I almost felt assleep watching that ...) And Oleg's clouds look ridiculous compared to MS.

wildone_106 03-11-2011 09:04 PM

I certainly mean no disrespect so let me say that first!
But my speculation comes from the fact its 2 weeks out to shipping their game..the official website is silent on the release date! At this time you'd think they're marketing machine would be on full blast with new images, blog updates or whatever for the general public (you can't on them to go to all the trouble of sighing up to these forums..we're the hardcore crowd!)

Whilst the videos and pictures have been great..its also been very limited..not having shown all the planes yet in action? Limited battle scenes, NO weather systems other than clear skys with the occasional cloud & so on, I don't get the sense what we've been shown is a finished game. I could be wrong, I hope I am! I've worked in the games bizz for a long time and the lack of updates is very unusual even for a game/sim like this. Anyway I'll be happy to be proved wrong..!


Quote:

Originally Posted by kendo65 (Post 233443)
You could conceivably be right, but seeing as there has been no more word on this since Oleg's last very specific reassurance that the 25th was still the planned release date I'll stick with that thanks.

I do like the way that you jump from pure speculation into the firm conviction that Oleg is being dishonest and should 'come clean'.

Of course, it is just possible that the reason he hasn't 'come clean' is because the plan hasn't changed. Far-fetched I know, but....

I'm convinced that a week after release some people will still be posting: "There is NO way this game will be out by ...."


Biggs 03-11-2011 09:05 PM

wonderful vid of the tiger moths :grin:

made me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIIW...eature=related

Tacoma74 03-11-2011 09:05 PM

Good stuff Oleg! Keep it coming :-P

kendo65 03-11-2011 09:06 PM

Regarding the MS 'video' - I'm amazed that people who see conspiracy theories everywhere concerning COD can fall for something that is so blatantly propaganda and hype without batting an eyelid.

minvid 03-11-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwan (Post 233452)
Wonderfull movie !

It’s so realistic that it’s almost impossible to make the difference with the reality … I watched this week’s update movie after watching this MS trailer and I reached the sad conclusion that a small development team is far from being able of even approaching the graphic quality that we can find in this fantastic Microsoft trailer.

I hope that MS will one day decide to make a new version of his CFS4 with the same graphic quality.

Do you believe everything you see? This is an computer generated movie clip and no ingame shootage. The stock FSX is a piece of crap without any 3rd party addons.

kendo65 03-11-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone_106 (Post 233456)
I certainly mean no disrespect so let me say that first!
But my speculation comes from the fact its 2 weeks out to shipping their game..the official website is silent on the release date! At this time you'd think they're marketing machine would be on full blast with new images, blog updates or whatever for the general public (you can't on them to go to all the trouble of sighing up to these forums..we're the hardcore crowd!)

Whilst the videos and pictures have been great..its also been very limited..not having shown all the planes yet in action? Limited battle scenes, NO weather systems other than clear skys with the occasional cloud & so on, I don't get the sense what we've been shown is a finished game. I could be wrong, I hope I am! I've worked in the games bizz for a long time and the lack of updates is very unusual even for a game/sim like this. Anyway I'll be happy to be proved wrong..!

I'll apologise for the tone of my first post actually - am a little bit fed up by people posting speculation as hard fact. Some of my own speculation below

I agree with you totally on the 'unfinished' feel and the lack of video, general promotion, etc and I certainly didn't take offense.

I've just reached a different conclusion - and that is that the game will be released 'as is' - with a considerable amount of polishing and adding of features needed before it reaches full potential.

It seems that it is coming out 'come what may' - probably of necessity.

I think the lack of video, etc is mainly down to a hectic last month of tweaking, fixing and firefighting on the important software aspects to the detriment of everything else. Far from ideal - could be a bit of a shambles behind the scenes actually - I would guess that a lot of midnight oil is being burned and that the stress levels are peaking just about now.

Given all that, and if I was in their position - with my financial security and the last 5+ year's work depending on the next few weeks - I think I'd let this forum 'go hang' as well.

I'll say again - you may be right, but it's speculation. The last firm evidence we have is from Oleg saying that 25th was a 'GO'....and that was said in full knowledge of and in direct reponse to the wave of panic concerning later release dates appearing on several US sites. As to the reasons for those later dates - who knows? But it is conceivable that they are just wrong.

The Kraken 03-11-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwan (Post 233452)
Wonderfull movie !

It’s so realistic that it’s almost impossible to make the difference with the reality …

Yeah they even have a lens flare! In your face Oleg! :-P

Quote:

I hope that MS will one day decide to make a new version of his CFS4 with the same graphic quality.
I would hope they'd first make any version of FS with that quality... but then again, given their previous efforts and the little that is known so far about "Microsoft Flight", I don't really care. Great marketing though ;)

Avimimus 03-11-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox (Post 233300)
Hi,

Today there are just small video and several screen shots. Next week - probably some new battle scene in video.

Who needs battle scenes? I suspect this sim may rescue civilian flying from the boredom of ATCs and flight-plans. It is time to return to the days of visual flying and navigation!

Redwan 03-11-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minvid (Post 233460)
Do you believe everything you see? This is an computer generated movie clip and no ingame shootage. The stock FSX is a piece of crap without any 3rd party addons.

It's not an FSX trailer but an MS Flight trailer, the new sim announced by Microsoft. And I have never seen a FS or FSX trailer based on something else that the game itself. Notice that the symbolic omission of the word "simulator" gives us an idea of what to expect :grin:

Nanuk 03-11-2011 09:30 PM

Lovely Video.

I must admit though when watching i was hoping the music was gonna change to something more sinister and those moths were gonna get bounced by some 109's and ripped apart!!!

;)

Avimimus 03-11-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwan (Post 233452)
Maybe a feature like 'camera shaking' would have made Oleg's video look less candid and naive (the planes look like standing still above the water .... I almost felt assleep watching that ...) And Oleg's clouds look ridiculous compared to MS.

MS was pre-rendered (are the clouds even 3d?)... perhaps you should take a nap and visit again when your attention span is up? Current research suggests 8-9 hours of sleep per day...

jt_medina 03-11-2011 09:30 PM

Looking really nice

Tree_UK 03-11-2011 09:34 PM

Can we please see some proper 'in game' video, the movie trailers are nice but I want to see some bombs dropping and ground explosions, and maybe let us hear the sounds?? Come on Oleg sell your game to us. :confused:

furbs 03-11-2011 09:39 PM

Thanks for the update! very pretty planes, BUT really...please can we for once with next week being 7 days from release of you ground breaking, new bar setting sim thats being in development for 5 years have a video with some in game SOUND???

Or are we not allowed to hear COD till we pay for it?

Again thanks for the pretty pics.

PS. Have the development videos that Luthier said we would be drown in 4 weeks ago been cancelled?

Koyan 03-11-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticpuma (Post 233396)
I'm thinking that the bell will ring, then from a First Person view we would run (no user control just a First Person sequence) to the aircraft, step in and then take control from the usual position?

I still yearn for a Pilot body in the cockpit view with legs and arms, as we now have 6-DoF to look around the body parts if they obstruct a view, but I wonder if the Fisrt Person POV scramble could be possible (even if it's in a later patch as we are so-close to release).

Thanks for the update, cheers, MP


I think such things are very well possible. I've seen a video of a recent bus driver simulation where the driver leaves his seat and starts a walk around (there was just a little, hardly noticable jump from seat to standing position in the sequence). So, should be possible for flight sims as well.

I would like this too. You run with the AI pilots whos first in their Spit and ready to go :)

kendo65 03-11-2011 09:49 PM

I agree Tree and Furbs. Would be really great to see (hear) a video with all the details and action.

I do suspect that the reason for it not having happened already is because they are having to push it right to the wire to get everything to work.

I understand, but still, disappointed that we haven't seen more at this stage.

What I really can't understand is that the best - by far - videos were the 2 unofficial and swiftly-pulled of the Hurri and 109. They did more to sell me the game than all the rest

The Kraken 03-11-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwan (Post 233468)
And I have never seen a FS or FSX trailer based on something else that the game itself.

Indeed MS would never do that - and FSX will already look similar to that trailer once the DX10 support is fully implemented:

http://blogs.justflight.info/wp-cont...impression.jpg

Not sure though what the latest state of that project is given that the dev team has been disbanded...

Koyan 03-11-2011 09:57 PM

I liked the video very much, the smoothness of everything. Only two things that were bothering me. The sun, although low should reflect on the sea surface. And for the same, the Dover cliffs seem far above the sea surface because they miss reflection on the sea as well.

wildone_106 03-11-2011 10:01 PM

If thats the case Im cool with it, I bought the DCSA10 'beta' version knowing full well it was not complete and still enjoyed it, I guess it would be hard to say that officially..the game is coming out but there's a lot of work still needed to be done. And I know they are very good about updating it YEARS after its been released..so I hope what Oleg said will still happen on Match 25th!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendo65 (Post 233462)
I'll apologise for the tone of my first post actually - am a little bit fed up by people posting speculation as hard fact. Some of my own speculation below

I agree with you totally on the 'unfinished' feel and the lack of video, general promotion, etc and I certainly didn't take offense.

I've just reached a different conclusion - and that is that the game will be released 'as is' - with a considerable amount of polishing and adding of features needed before it reaches full potential.

It seems that it is coming out 'come what may' - probably of necessity.

I think the lack of video, etc is mainly down to a hectic last month of tweaking, fixing and firefighting on the important software aspects to the detriment of everything else. Far from ideal - could be a bit of a shambles behind the scenes actually - I would guess that a lot of midnight oil is being burned and that the stress levels are peaking just about now.

Given all that, and if I was in their position - with my financial security and the last 5+ year's work depending on the next few weeks - I think I'd let this forum 'go hang' as well.

I'll say again - you may be right, but it's speculation. The last firm evidence we have is from Oleg saying that 25th was a 'GO'....and that was said in full knowledge of and in direct reponse to the wave of panic concerning later release dates appearing on several US sites. As to the reasons for those later dates - who knows? But it is conceivable that they are just wrong.


Tree_UK 03-11-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyan (Post 233482)
I liked the video very much, the smoothness of everything. Only two things that were bothering me. The sun, although low should reflect on the sea surface. And for the same, the Dover cliffs seem far above the sea surface because they miss reflection on the sea as well.

The smoothness may not be a true indication of the game though, It could be made using the new video tools which allow you to smooth FPS drop out when making movies.

Kikuchiyo 03-11-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendo65 (Post 233462)
I'll say again - you may be right, but it's speculation. The last firm evidence we have is from Oleg saying that 25th was a 'GO'....and that was said in full knowledge of and in direct reponse to the wave of panic concerning later release dates appearing on several US sites. As to the reasons for those later dates - who knows? But it is conceivable that they are just wrong.

There is a confusion of release here on both parties. a) It was Oleg that said it would be out on the 25th, and specifically Ilya said the Digital Distribution version would be out globally then. b) the pre-order sights are for boxed retail version which Ilya also said he could make no speculation on.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.