Official 1C Company forum

Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Friday Update, February 3, 2012 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29489)

BlackSix 02-03-2012 09:37 AM

Friday Update, February 3, 2012
 
5 Attachment(s)
Good morning gentlemen!

Another quick update today. As promised, we’re going to show a few more screenshots of the I-16 damage model. We’re also doing another community Q&A.

We’re working on the patch and the sequel same as before. A more detailed description of the process can be found in our last week’s update.

Tune in next week for a German bomber, ground units, and video footage of an unexpected new feature.


1. Will the new graphics engine have improved SLI/Crossfire performance? SLI currently gives minimal frames per second increase for many players and can introduce stutters.
Quote:

I’d rather not say anything at all until we have final code with verifiable benchmarks.

2.
To dev team regarding the SpeedTree technology. We all know the problems with them: shimmering, LOD changes and what not. I scoured thru SpeedTree forums and saw similar issues with trees and also solutions. Add that there are new versions of it etc. So my question is that has dev team worked with SpeedTree Inc and using newer version and tools? Can anything be done with trees?
Quote:

The code we use for trees has very little in common with stock SpeedTree technology. I doubt you would find any other game that uses SpeedTree in quite the same way we do. So while it may seem that we’re experiencing common problems, we usually cannot use common solutions.
If you thought that we could just install a patch from the internet or insert a few lines of code from a forum and voila, better trees, I wish it was this easy.
I also have to add that our project currently has a lot more pressing problems than shimmering trees, many of which have to be solved by the same people who can improve on trees. We’ll get there when we get there.

3. Do you have any plans to enable 6DOF vision in the bombardier's seat? Bombing without the horizontal stabilizer in the Blenheim is hard enough and 6DOF here would help a lot.

Quote:

The bombardier’s seat on the Blenheim does have limited 6DOF in the normal (non-zoomed) mode. The idea is, while you’re looking for the target, you can look around and so on. Once you lean in, that’s it, you’re looking through the sights and there’s no use fidgeting.
We talked this over amongst ourselves. Perhaps we’re missing something – how would 6DOF help while you’re looking through the sight?

4.
Do you plan to expand (or explain) server settings for client control? Currently a dedicated server only has the ability set netspeed and turn VAC on/off through the [Net] code but there is no options to control the clients connected. This is resulting in exploitation.
For reference, some of the relevant IL-2 settings are checkServerTimeSpeed, checkClientTimeSpeed, socksHost, checkTimeSpeedDifferense, checkTimeSpeedInterval, farMaxLagTime, nearMaxLagTime, cheaterWarningDelay, cheaterWarningNum.

Quote:

Not in the upcoming patch for sure.

5. Have you considered a formal bug tracking system that the community can get involved in? It is difficult to tell what bugs the devs are/are not aware of at the moment since the bug threads do not get feedback.

Quote:

Sorry, we have no technical capabilities to set up a public database, or resources to maintain and update it.
A community-run database however would not be a terrible thing at all!

6. Oleg didn't promise, he just alluded to the hypothetical suspect of the probable but unconfirmed existence of occasional glints from distant planes' canopies, and only in the version of the game compiled at the time of his propositions. Now, can we have those reflections again?

Quote:

I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.

7. Will the Russian aircraft be modelled historically in terms of equipment? For example most Russian fighter aircraft (especially early war) had only a crudely painted gun sight. Radios were usually removed to save weight as the quality was poor and often they were useless. Except of course with the GIAP regiments who had access to the best aircraft and equipment.
Quote:

We’ll have to disappoint you somewhat in that historically early-war Guards regiments flew the same aircraft as everybody else, the only difference being the monthly paycheck.
But yes of course, we do plan to model all aircraft and their systems with full attention to historical realism.

8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:

These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.

9.
Are you planning to fully support force-feedback joysticks such as MS FF2, which are currently not supported the game?
Quote:

We are using standard DirectX drivers to interface with controllers. Chances are, if you’re using an ancient joystick model discontinued in 2003, its 10-year-old drivers made for a different OS and a different DX version will glitch.
This is no different than if you were having graphic glitches trying to run CoD on a 10-year-old card.
We have absolutely no plans to hack dedicated support for individual peripherals. We’ve never done that in the past. We’ll just go insane if we do that.

10.
Will there be a closed beta for the next project?
Quote:

Of course.

1
1. Are you planningto make different octane fuels an option for the plane load out?
Quote:

Not for Cliffs of Dover.

12.
Are you planning a working airmass model that affects aircraft, including propwash etc?
Quote:

Yes, it’s one of the major features that’s been continuously put on the backburner for years. Gotta have it.

See you later!


Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail. :rolleyes:
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics – 74 FPS average. New graphics – 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570



Blacksix Responses to questions below: (thanks mate! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailantd (Post 387400)
8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:
These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.

So, will you consider tune it up again?

Maybe we will set up

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS~Phat (Post 387403)
B6 You dont happen to have any info you can share with us on if the CTD/memory leak issue has at least been identified and worked on possibly for the next patch? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Smiladon (Post 387407)

look forward to the update.. One thing will we see the new graphics patch on COD or will it be down in one complete whack..So you buy BOM and with that you get the new G/E for COD?

Graphical patch created for CoD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 387411)
but what about the online problems with constant game crashes when in multiplayer, suddenly disappearing planes, poor visibility of planes and stuff, will that also be resolved with the next patch ?

And ..., WHEN will this next patch come, this spring, in summer, autumn next year ? When ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered_IV (Post 387417)
Benchmarks for the beta sound encouraging. Wasn't there plans to release the beta for public testing?

I can not tell yet accurate information on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 387416)
So can we take from the new data on fps that you guys are now in a closed beta stage of the new patch?

Testing of the graphical
...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tvrdi (Post 387420)
Any info on the fixing memory leak and the fix for slowdowns (drop of FPS) when effects are near (dust, fire etc.)?

Now we can not give information

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbop (Post 387429)
BlackSix, I'll post something more detailed tomorrow but regarding bomber 6DOF the problem is that you can currently swivel your head but not move it in actual 6DOF as in x- and y-axes. The target gets hidden behind cockpit features (e.g. panels framing the canopy glass) on the final approach and you can't look around them to see it. Nothing to do with the sight view.

Ок

Quote:

Originally Posted by tumu (Post 387432)
thx for info.

Only one question , i can understand work its very hard and needs too much time ( last update ) , this its the question.

¿ its programated turn some actually non-flyables planes to flyable?? like Defiant, gladiator, beaufighter...

No. Maybe there will be modifications of flyables aircraft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploughman (Post 387435)
Whilst there wont' be any more content for CloD you will still be looking to improve FMs won't you?

Yes, maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6BL Bird-Dog (Post 387438)
Thanks for the update Black Six,the new FPS figures look impressive,are there any figures for ATI/AMD gpus please?

Also is there any further feedback from the questions and request list you took 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM ?

No. Feedback will not be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodoss (Post 387440)
B6, can you ask Ilja to run the blackdeath track with the new graphic engine and post min., average and max. frame rates by highest setting and resolution?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by addman (Post 387488)
I guess this means it might be out in beta form soon, am I right?

Wait for the news, can not say
....

Quote:

Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don (Post 387490)
Don't want to kill your excitement, but B6 wrote sth. about "ground units". As far as I understand it, he propably meant sth. like Sovjet/German tanks, cars, Artillery etc.

Yes

NSU 02-03-2012 09:42 AM

thx for the Infos and the nice pictures

JG52Uther 02-03-2012 09:43 AM

Thanks! Nice update.

pupo162 02-03-2012 09:44 AM

nothing really new.

still waiting for a patch release till then its all small talk.

also, average is never been the issue i had in cliffs of dover. i can easely average 60 fps ( wich is more than what i average in il2 1946!!) thre problem is the stutters.

FS~Phat 02-03-2012 09:44 AM

Nice job B6! ;)

335th_GRAthos 02-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387386)
Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail. :rolleyes:
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics – 73 FPS average. New graphics – 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570



That was a tiny but great news detail!

Thank you for the punctual update Blacksix,

Nice weekend!

Next time, if possible, some information on which bugs may be fixed (on existing planes) would also be welcome... e.g. fix for the automatic course navigation (gyros) of the HE111 and JU88...

~S~

archer11 02-03-2012 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info, B6.

Liz Lemon 02-03-2012 09:50 AM

Excellent!

Ailantd 02-03-2012 09:51 AM

Question for next update regarding point8:

--------
8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:
These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.
--------

So, will you consider tune it up again? at least to the point where that calculations are not wasted in something not visible?

Than you!

BlackSix 02-03-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos (Post 387392)
That was a tiny but great news detail!

Ilya is added at the last moment))

FS~Phat 02-03-2012 09:53 AM

B6 You dont happen to have any info you can share with us on if the CTD/memory leak issue has at least been identified and worked on possibly for the next patch? :)

Skoshi Tiger 02-03-2012 09:54 AM

Thankyou!

Insuber 02-03-2012 09:55 AM

6. Oleg didn't promise, he just alluded to the hypothetical suspect of the probable but unconfirmed existence of occasional glints from distant planes' canopies, and only in the version of the game compiled at the time of his propositions. Now, can we have those reflections again?

Quote:
I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.
__________________________________________________ ____________

LOL! I knew that I wouldn't get an answer ... :)

O_Smiladon 02-03-2012 09:56 AM

Thanks B6 & team,

look forward to the update.. One thing will we see the new graphics patch on COD or will it be down in one complete whack..So you buy BOM and with that you get the new G/E for COD?

O_Smiladon

Insuber 02-03-2012 09:56 AM

Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail.
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics – 74 FPS average. New graphics – 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570
__________________________________________________ ____________

OK, crude numbers are there, but what is the quality tradeout? Everything comes at a price ...

xnomad 02-03-2012 10:03 AM

I'm pretty sure that force feedback is broken with all FFB sticks and not just MS FFB2. The FFB will cut in and out randomly I've heard logitec G940 owners complain of the same problem. Plus the cannon shake is broken on the bf109 it uses the wrong ffe file.... but I've mentioned that a million times on here already.

Pluto 02-03-2012 10:15 AM

... thanks for the update, ...
 
... again, nice aircraft, looks like a swiss cheese this time...

but what about the online problems with constant game crashes when in multiplayer, suddenly disappearing planes, poor visibility of planes and stuff, will that also be resolved with the next patch ?

And ..., WHEN will this next patch come, this spring, in summer, autumn next year ? When ? No mention about all that ... ?!
:???::?:

Qpassa 02-03-2012 10:20 AM

We need a date for the release :S , anyway good job, keep up it

csThor 02-03-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 387411)
... again, nice aircraft, looks like a swiss cheese this time...

but what about the online problems with constant game crashes when in multiplayer, suddenly disappearing planes, poor visibility of planes and stuff, will that also be resolved with the next patch ?

And ..., WHEN will this next patch come, this spring, in summer, autumn next year ? When ? No mention about all that ... ?!
:???::?:

I don't think you'll ever hear anything about release dates from MG again, unless of course they're about to release something (the next day or so) and know it'll be this date. They got burned by missing previously published dates quite often so they now prefer to say not more than absolutely necessary.

Pluto 02-03-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnomad (Post 387410)
I'm pretty sure that force feedback is broken with all FFB sticks and not just MS FFB2. The FFB will cut in and out randomly I've heard logitec G940 owners complain of the same problem. Plus the cannon shake is broken on the bf109 it uses the wrong ffe file.... but I've mentioned that a million times on here already.

... same problem here, I also have a MS Sidewinder FFB2 plus a Saitek X45 (throttle only in use). Whenever I shoot the guns or drop a bomb, FFB cuts out regularly. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it doesent.
:?

Pluto 02-03-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csThor (Post 387413)
I don't think you'll ever hear anything about release dates from MG again, unless of course they're about to release something (the next day or so) and know it'll be this date. They got burned by missing previously published dates quite often so they now prefer to say not more than absolutely necessary.

... I fear you are right, ... :|

JG52Krupi 02-03-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387401)
Ilya is added at the last moment))

So can we take from the new data on fps that you guys are now in a closed beta stage of the new patch?

Feathered_IV 02-03-2012 10:33 AM

Benchmarks for the beta sound encouraging. Wasn't there plans to release the beta for public testing?

Tvrdi 02-03-2012 10:47 AM

Good results on the optimising the graphic engine of the game. Well done team. The PC used for testing is even a bit slower than mine. Nice. Any info on the fixing memory leak and the fix for slowdowns (drop of FPS) when effects are near (dust, fire etc.)?

NaBkin 02-03-2012 10:50 AM

Great work an thx B6!
You can show us ANYTHING next time and be sure it's unexpected because nobody expects anything at all ^^ just kidding, I'd be stoked to see new features.

Dano 02-03-2012 11:03 AM

Excellent, thank you for the update all.

Ref reflections, they are very visible on exposed metal on well worn planes, just not at all visible on paint.

Impressive fps increase too, well over the 50%! can only echo the post that I hope stutter is eliminated and that it still looks the same as previously stated :-)

LoBiSoMeM 02-03-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387386)
Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail. :rolleyes:
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics – 74 FPS average. New graphics – 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570


This is VERY USEFUL info and update!

Thanks!

jimbop 02-03-2012 11:17 AM

BlackSix, I'll post something more detailed tomorrow but regarding bomber 6DOF the problem is that you can currently swivel your head but not move it in actual 6DOF as in x- and y-axes. The target gets hidden behind cockpit features (e.g. panels framing the canopy glass) on the final approach and you can't look around them to see it. Nothing to do with the sight view.

As I said, will post something more detailed tomorrow.

Nice update, thanks. Especially the last bit!

JG52Krupi 02-03-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 387425)
Excellent, thank you for the update all.

Ref reflections, they are very visible on exposed metal on well worn planes, just not at all visible on paint.

Impressive fps increase too, well over the 50%! can only echo the post that I hope stutter is eliminated and that it still looks the same as previously stated :-)

You can't see a reflection on matte but it didn't stop it shinning that's what's missing/needs work

tumu 02-03-2012 11:26 AM

thx for info.

Good news about fps im sure some of actually problems will be solved on next patch.

Only one question , i can understand work its very hard and needs too much time ( last update ) , this its the question.

¿ its programated turn some actually non-flyables planes to flyable?? like Defiant, gladiator, beaufighter...

Its posible this question be posted in other post, but i no read nothing about this on last Update post and its posible developers remade agenda.

;))

Jatta Raso 02-03-2012 11:29 AM

i for one would also like to see some heads up on the memory leak and disappearing dots (ghost planes are making multiplayer verging on edge of unplayable at least for me); else is good to know, but i'll save my judgement over the FPS increase until i see it myself. as others pointed out, stutters are the main issue...

and no word on the flight characteristics revision ??? we'll bear with the super rotol hurricane, pitty MkI and meh 109s like forever?... again good to know you're at it, but this issue is a MUST. i dare not elaborate, fear the mods...:rolleyes:

Ploughman 02-03-2012 11:31 AM

Thanks for the update. Good news about the FPS increase, looking forward to seeing some images from the graphics overhaul, in lieu of the graphics overhaul.

Whilst there wont' be any more content for CloD you will still be looking to improve FMs won't you?

jimbop 02-03-2012 11:35 AM

Hope so! I'd really like to see the HE-111 bomb release calibrated to drop at the correct point. Unfortunately short at the moment - seems modelled in imperial and interface in metric!

6BL Bird-Dog 02-03-2012 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update Black Six,the new FPS figures look impressive,are there any figures for ATI/AMD gpus please?

Also is there any further feedback from the questions and request list you took 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM ?

Ailantd 02-03-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 387431)
You can't see a reflection on matte but it didn't stop it shinning that's what's missing/needs work

Even with matte paint at very tangent angles the material becomes reflective.
Here you have some images where this effect its clearly visible. It helps a lot to give a photo feeling to the image and material:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-expSF8gTws...s400/Mk.II.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5n7Pq3ec3c...00/Mk.VIII.jpg

http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/...7/Triplane.jpg

Here you can see a full reflection under the wing. Also in aircraft in the background you can see reflections and direct sun shining.
http://www.atpm.com/12.06/eea-airven...20Spitfire.jpg

Etc...
Even more, at right angles even mate paint shines a lot. Without that matte it simply become blinding and even blinding when reflecting the sun.

but this has been discussed a lot.

Kodoss 02-03-2012 11:39 AM

B6, can you ask Ilja to run the blackdeath track with the new graphic engine and post min., average and max. frame rates by highest setting and resolution?

I think that would be more comparable than only average.

And thanks for the little update.

bongodriver 02-03-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailantd (Post 387439)
Even with matte paint at very tangent angles the material becomes reflective.
Here you have some images where this effect its clearly visible. It helps a lot to give a photo feeling to the image and material:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-expSF8gTws...s400/Mk.II.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5n7Pq3ec3c...00/Mk.VIII.jpg

http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/...7/Triplane.jpg

Here you can see a full reflection under the wing. Also in aircraft in the background you can see reflections and direct sun shining.
http://www.atpm.com/12.06/eea-airven...20Spitfire.jpg

Etc...
Even more, at right angles even mate paint shines a lot. Without that matte it simply become blinding and even blinding when reflecting the sun.

but this has been discussed a lot.

You do know that warbirds today are painted with gloss coats....nothing like the matt used in service.

6BL Bird-Dog 02-03-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodoss (Post 387440)
B6, can you ask Ilja to run the blackdeath track with the new graphic engine and post min., average and max. frame rates by highest setting and resolution?

I think that would be more comparable than only average.

And thanks for the little update.

+1

wolfhound338 02-03-2012 11:55 AM

Thanks for the update 8-)

SlipBall 02-03-2012 11:57 AM

Thank you for the up-date...wow on the FPS

kendo65 02-03-2012 12:14 PM

Thanks.

Great news on the FPS increase.

louisv 02-03-2012 12:22 PM

Showroom shine, like for cars is a lot shinier than in real use...the top pic looks like a plastic model...:cool:

Great news for fps, even if only a vague average spec.

Thanks

Qpassa 02-03-2012 12:39 PM

And please, add some screenshot if you make a Black Death test. I doubt if it's fact or fiction :P

addman 02-03-2012 01:22 PM

HEYOOOOO!!! Nearly 100% increase in fps on the upcoming patch, I swear to God luthier if you don't get that patch out of the door soon. :) As soon as that patch is released I'll re-install CloD again, promise. Thanks for the update B6! :D

Foo'bar 02-03-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addman (Post 387462)
HEYOOOOO!!! Nearly 50% increase in fps on the upcoming patch, I swear to God luthier if you don't get that patch out of the door soon. :) Thanks for the update B6! :D

In fact it's nearly 100% increase. ;)

Borsch 02-03-2012 01:30 PM

Great news on FPS increase, but no news about physics updates.

Alexander, please ask Ilya about changes to FM and when they will happen. Ilya promised that ground handling/landing/tako offs will be drastically improved "soon". This was back in September:rolleyes:

addman 02-03-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo'bar (Post 387464)
In fact it's nearly 100% increase. ;)

LOL! and :oops:, I swear the news was so great I didn't think clearly when I made the comment.:grin:

kalimba 02-03-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insuber (Post 387408)
Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail.
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics – 74 FPS average. New graphics – 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570
__________________________________________________ ____________

OK, crude numbers are there, but what is the quality tradeout? Everything comes at a price ...

Thanks Insuber ! Your update is the best update yet! With real numbers ! :grin: And altough its WIP and NOTHING is promised, seems promising ...:rolleyes:

Salute !

Flanker35M 02-03-2012 01:47 PM

S!

I was happy for the answer on trees until it turned to basically an insult. I did NOT ask for a patch to trees etc. Just a question about IF ANYTHING could be done..Whatever. Rest of update was nice.

Feathered_IV 02-03-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo'bar (Post 387464)
In fact it's nearly 100% increase. ;)

Don't forget, the obligatory Unforseen Disaster hasn't been detected yet. So real world performance may likely be a good deal less. ;)

BigC208 02-03-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qpassa (Post 387452)
And please, add some screenshot if you make a Black Death test. I doubt if it's fact or fiction :P

Screenshots will not show if the stutters are still there. I wonder if they've been able to fix the slow downs during close combat when there's lots of smoke and explosions.

Great update. Don't care that it's minimal, just keeps us in the loop. Even if some of the above is not fixed, the almost doubling of the fps should make it at least playable for people with older systems. Maybe time to get a 120hz monitor for the well equiped members of the forum.

The news about groundcrews got me curious on how that will be implemented. Static crews or fuelers and ammo guys moving about the aircraft. No more ghost aerodromes, nice.

Ailantd 02-03-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 387442)
You do know that warbirds today are painted with gloss coats....nothing like the matt used in service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by louisv (Post 387449)
Showroom shine, like for cars is a lot shinier than in real use...the top pic looks like a plastic model...:cool:

Great news for fps, even if only a vague average spec.

Thanks

Ok, here you have some real WWII color pictures where the same effect ( yet not so strong like in shows but more than in COD ) can be seen:

http://www.303rdbg.com/nored02.jpg
http://www.303rdbg.com/nored04.jpg
http://www.ww2incolor.com/german-air...n+Romania.html
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/648342-2/SPIT-MERLIN
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/618332-2...some_polecat_2
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/630680-2...pitfir_885212p
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/617280-2...78-524_964x425
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/417412-4/20100328-003
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/359916-2...217_8e2d93d6ac
http://www.ww2incolor.com/german-air...f110Color.html

bongodriver 02-03-2012 02:08 PM

I really hope they don't implement super shiny again, the whole point of a matt paint job was to prevent being too conspicuous, whats the point in loosing a potential tactical advantage of not being spotted because you are blinging away like a massive beacon.

I should add that in those pictures the shine on the aircraft is quite diffused and wouldn't reflect over a great distance unlike the mirror like flash of a gloss job.

BigC208 02-03-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Smiladon (Post 387407)
Thanks B6 & team,

look forward to the update.. One thing will we see the new graphics patch on COD or will it be down in one complete whack..So you buy BOM and with that you get the new G/E for COD?

O_Smiladon

There will be a il2 COD specific patch before the release of BoM. Been clarified by Luther several times. I can't find the thread where it's in.

BigC208 02-03-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 387480)
I really hope they don't implement super shiny again, the whole point of a matt paint job was to prevent being too conspicuous, whats the point in loosing a potential tactical advantage of not being spotted because you are blinging away like a massive beacon.

You're right, but the planes look so pretty.;) Also, aircraft are really very hard to detect when viewed from above. They blend in too well with the landscape. Camouflage is one thing but MKI eyball stealth is another.

BlackSix 02-03-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailantd (Post 387400)
8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:
These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.

So, will you consider tune it up again?

Maybe we will set up

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS~Phat (Post 387403)
B6 You dont happen to have any info you can share with us on if the CTD/memory leak issue has at least been identified and worked on possibly for the next patch? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Smiladon (Post 387407)

look forward to the update.. One thing will we see the new graphics patch on COD or will it be down in one complete whack..So you buy BOM and with that you get the new G/E for COD?

Graphical patch created for CoD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 387411)
but what about the online problems with constant game crashes when in multiplayer, suddenly disappearing planes, poor visibility of planes and stuff, will that also be resolved with the next patch ?

And ..., WHEN will this next patch come, this spring, in summer, autumn next year ? When ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered_IV (Post 387417)
Benchmarks for the beta sound encouraging. Wasn't there plans to release the beta for public testing?

I can not tell yet accurate information on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 387416)
So can we take from the new data on fps that you guys are now in a closed beta stage of the new patch?

Testing of the graphical

addman 02-03-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387487)
Testing of the graphical

I guess this means it might be out in beta form soon, am I right?

III/JG53_Don 02-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigC208 (Post 387474)
The news about groundcrews got me curious on how that will be implemented. Static crews or fuelers and ammo guys moving about the aircraft. No more ghost aerodromes, nice.

Don't want to kill your excitement, but B6 wrote sth. about "ground units". As far as I understand it, he propably meant sth. like Sovjet/German tanks, cars, Artillery etc.

Despite Groundcrews on the aerodrome would be awesome though

BlackSix 02-03-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tvrdi (Post 387420)
Any info on the fixing memory leak and the fix for slowdowns (drop of FPS) when effects are near (dust, fire etc.)?

Now we can not give information

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbop (Post 387429)
BlackSix, I'll post something more detailed tomorrow but regarding bomber 6DOF the problem is that you can currently swivel your head but not move it in actual 6DOF as in x- and y-axes. The target gets hidden behind cockpit features (e.g. panels framing the canopy glass) on the final approach and you can't look around them to see it. Nothing to do with the sight view.

Ок

Quote:

Originally Posted by tumu (Post 387432)
thx for info.

Only one question , i can understand work its very hard and needs too much time ( last update ) , this its the question.

¿ its programated turn some actually non-flyables planes to flyable?? like Defiant, gladiator, beaufighter...

No. Maybe there will be modifications of flyables aircraft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploughman (Post 387435)
Whilst there wont' be any more content for CloD you will still be looking to improve FMs won't you?

Yes, maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6BL Bird-Dog (Post 387438)
Thanks for the update Black Six,the new FPS figures look impressive,are there any figures for ATI/AMD gpus please?

Also is there any further feedback from the questions and request list you took 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM ?

No. Feedback will not be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodoss (Post 387440)
B6, can you ask Ilja to run the blackdeath track with the new graphic engine and post min., average and max. frame rates by highest setting and resolution?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by addman (Post 387488)
I guess this means it might be out in beta form soon, am I right?

Wait for the news, can not say

BlackSix 02-03-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don (Post 387490)
Don't want to kill your excitement, but B6 wrote sth. about "ground units". As far as I understand it, he propably meant sth. like Sovjet/German tanks, cars, Artillery etc.

Yes

addman 02-03-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387491)
Wait for the news, can not say

Ok, thanks for the reply you are doing a great job! :)

Dano 02-03-2012 02:39 PM

Is the footage of unexpected new feature next week going to be the feature to make competitors worry?

Tvrdi 02-03-2012 02:57 PM

Another question. Will the trees get collision model in next (graphic optimisation) patch or its planned to be included later?

Luftwaffepilot 02-03-2012 03:03 PM

Thx for the update.

Could you post minimum fps aswell please?

Will DirectX 11 make it to the sequel?

ACE-OF-ACES 02-03-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387386)
and video footage of an unexpected new feature

Can't Wait!

Thanks for the update BS! S!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luthier (Post 387386)
I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.

rotfl

recoilfx 02-03-2012 03:13 PM

Guys. Please take note that the FPS posted was AVERAGE.

CloD on my 570gtx had always been adequate at average FPS - it's the slowdown with smokes/clouds and low level stutter (resource loading/texture shuffling?) that kills the experience.

So let's not celebrate too much until more info is posted - I think there might be a reason why Luthier didn't post the benchmark more in detail - they probably are still ironing out the quirks.

Dano 02-03-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recoilfx (Post 387501)
Guys. Please take note that the FPS posted was AVERAGE.

CloD on my 570gtx had always been adequate at average FPS - it's the slowdown with smokes/clouds and low level stutter (resource loading/texture shuffling?) that kills the experience.

So let's not celebrate too much until more info is posted - I think there might be a reason why Luthier didn't post the benchmark more in detail - they probably are still ironing out the quirks.

Yes, we are well aware that it was an average figure thanks, maybe you missed several of us making comments on the stutter and dust too? They are quite obvbiously still ironing out the quirks, otherwise we would all be using it right now.

SiThSpAwN 02-03-2012 03:26 PM

I was hoping to see a little more info on a timeline of the patch release, I mean if you are releasing stats now maybe that means you are closer? But then without some sort of acknowledgement, its all just guessing, and I am tired of guessing :)

If I am guessing, closer than last week is about all I can guess, something firmer would be nice, getting harder and harder to come here and just see a little tease or two.

hope this doesnt come off too bitchy, just frustrated.

Continu0 02-03-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN (Post 387505)
I was hoping to see a little more info on a timeline of the patch release, I mean if you are releasing stats now maybe that means you are closer? But then without some sort of acknowledgement, its all just guessing, and I am tired of guessing :)

If I am guessing, closer than last week is about all I can guess, something firmer would be nice, getting harder and harder to come here and just see a little tease or two.

hope this doesnt come off too bitchy, just frustrated.

I guess all we can say is that the new graphic-Engine is nearly finished. But if they want to pack other things into the patch as well, this things might not be finished yet.

I wouldn´t take this update as a promise that the patch will be out very soon...

SiThSpAwN 02-03-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Continu0 (Post 387508)
I guess all we can say is that the new graphic-Engine is nearly finished. But if they want to pack other things into the patch as well, this things might not be finished yet.

I wouldn´t take this update as a promise that the patch will be out very soon...

Oh trust me, I dont take anything as a promise of anything... hence why I am frustrated...

StG2_Davesteu 02-03-2012 03:34 PM

Good work!
Only one idea: Pls make it possible that big parts (like 60x60 cm) of the engine hood flew away afer a hit from 6 o´clock 10 high. I often read that parts of the I16´s engine hood flew away after a hit from there !

Thx


Ps: don´t forget the Hs123 and the R5 :D

Greez Dave

SEE 02-03-2012 03:38 PM

Thanks for the update BS.

With regards to FM - I am sure you are aware that the Spifire MkIIa is banned from most on-line servers which leaves only the Spitfire Mk1's which are slower than a Hurricane and the Spitfire Mk1's Boost Cut Out does not function. Can we expect to see these performance issues corrected?

kestrel79 02-03-2012 03:41 PM

Pretty good update thanks. Looking forward to next weeks with a new feature video and a german bomber....hmmm I wonder which one? We already have the 111 and 88, maybe the ole flying pencil is flyable now?

Any fps increase is welcome, no matter if it's avg fps or max/min. But it won't mean much if there still is no AA. The jaggies right now are the biggest problem for me with the graphics. The I16 screens look pretty smooth around the edges...so maybe there is some AA but these shots are likely not taken from inside the the game.

Towarisch 02-03-2012 03:53 PM

thanks a lot for the update of your work. Nice pictures and a lot of work, i think so. And good fps news.
Of course ...WE ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT PATCH:);).


Thanks. And a nice Time - Out, for you and the rest of all people how stand behind the project

Cliffs of Dover

Baron 02-03-2012 04:02 PM

LoL. the answer to question 6 is comedy gold.


The Luthier and B6.

ATAG_Doc 02-03-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron (Post 387518)
LoL. the answer to question 6 is comedy gold.


The Luthier and B6.

Yea that was a knee slapper for sure over here.

ATAG_Dutch 02-03-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387386)
Tune in next week for a German bomber

I sincerely hope that the Soviets won't be restricted to three flyable combat aircraft as is currently the case for the RAF in Cliffs of Dover (Spitfire, Hurricane, Blenheim), in lieu of introducing further flyable steeds for the Luftwaffe.
The Luftwaffe currently has five flyable combat aircraft (109, 110, Ju87, Ju88, He111), plus there are two Italian flyable combat aircraft (BR20, G50).

Or to put it another way, three Red and seven Blue.

Or is this 'German Bomber' only AI?

Thanks for the update B6.

ACE-OF-ACES 02-03-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc (Post 387520)
Yea that was a knee slapper for sure over here.

Agreed I am still smiling! Glad to see they still have a sense of humor what with all that has transpired thus far ;)

skouras 02-03-2012 05:10 PM

thanks guys nice update..:-P

BaronBonBaron 02-03-2012 05:16 PM

Thank you for the update and the continued hard work! :grin:

5./JG27.Farber 02-03-2012 05:18 PM

Good update, thanks.

Chivas 02-03-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN (Post 387505)
I was hoping to see a little more info on a timeline of the patch release, I mean if you are releasing stats now maybe that means you are closer? But then without some sort of acknowledgement, its all just guessing, and I am tired of guessing :)

If I am guessing, closer than last week is about all I can guess, something firmer would be nice, getting harder and harder to come here and just see a little tease or two.

hope this doesnt come off too bitchy, just frustrated.

The development has stopped giving guestimates. They have been royally roasted in the past by many community members that just don't understand its impossible to give a solid timeframe when there are no foolproof checklists for this type of work. Its unfortunate but we brought it on ourselves.

smink1701 02-03-2012 05:35 PM

Thanks for the update. A Polikarpov I-16, now with holes! Oh, and the 134 FPS tease...didn't Luthier mention that about five months ago? Glad to see everything is progressing smartly.;)

Chivas 02-03-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smink1701 (Post 387537)
Thanks for the update. A Polikarpov I-16, now with holes! Oh, and the 134 FPS tease...didn't Luthier mention that about five months ago? Glad to see everything is progressing smartly.;)

I agree there has been progress. :) Luthier did mention awhile ago that they were looking at a 50% increase in frame rates during beta testing the new graphic engine, but now that has increased to 100%. Its also interesting they will be showing video footage of an unexpected new feature in the next update.

kestrel79 02-03-2012 06:39 PM

I'm excited about this video feature...What could it be?

bongodriver 02-03-2012 06:48 PM

I hope people get too excited, they only said an 'unexpected' new feature......they didn't say it was amazing/spectacular.

Stirwenn 02-03-2012 06:54 PM

Wait and see... so many promised ago...

smink1701 02-03-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivas (Post 387538)
I agree there has been progress. :) Luthier did mention awhile ago that they were looking at a 50% increase in frame rates during beta testing the new graphic engine, but now that has increased to 100%. Its also interesting they will be showing video footage of an unexpected new feature in the next update.

Maybe next week's update will be a real update...something to look forward to. In terms of a 50% or 100% increase in fps, I'll believe it when I'm seeing it on my computer with the same maxed settings and no loss in visual quality. Finally, is the "unexpected new feature" the same "amazing new Top Secret feature that will be a first in the industry?" The one that Luthier teased us with five months ago. All a bit squirly if you ask me. Note to MG...I think we can only handle one promised ground-breaking feature at a time.:)

SiThSpAwN 02-03-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivas (Post 387535)
The development has stopped giving guestimates. They have been royally roasted in the past by many community members that just don't understand its impossible to give a solid timeframe when there are no foolproof checklists for this type of work. Its unfortunate but we brought it on ourselves.

I appreciate their communicating more with us, but it doesnt ease the frustration any less, I want to love this game, but its still frustrating to come browse these forums with know good estimate on when we might be moving forward.

I understand the reasoning or justification of not saying anything, but doesnt ake it any easier, especially with how this game has been handled, oh well.. just keep on keeping on...

bongodriver 02-03-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 387556)
I hope people get too excited, they only said an 'unexpected' new feature......they didn't say it was amazing/spectacular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smink1701 (Post 387560)
Maybe next week's update will be a real update...something to look forward to. In terms of a 50% or 100% increase in fps, I'll believe it when I'm seeing it on my computer with the same maxed settings and no loss in visual quality. Finally, is the "unexpected new feature" the same "amazing new Top Secret feature that will be a first in the industry?" The one that Luthier teased us with five months ago. All a bit squirly if you ask me. Note to MG...I think we can only handle one promised ground-breaking feature at a time.:)

No...they just said 'unexpected'

LcSummers 02-03-2012 07:11 PM

Thanks B6 for these infos. I have to get used to it that now every Friday is an update. Great !

Keep up your great work!

MegOhm 02-03-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivas (Post 387535)
The development has stopped giving guestimates. They have been royally roasted in the past by many community members that just don't understand its impossible to give a solid timeframe when there are no foolproof checklists for this type of work. Its unfortunate but we brought it on ourselves.

They could at least give the year the patch might be released

Honestly, Discussing a sequel doesnt make much sense when the prequel doesnt work... With nothing concrete to latch onto...this just looks like all smoke and mirrors at this point.

Guess we will have when when we have it...but all bets are off when Andromeda and the Milky Way collide.

Chivas 02-03-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smink1701 (Post 387560)
Maybe next week's update will be a real update...something to look forward to. In terms of a 50% or 100% increase in fps, I'll believe it when I'm seeing it on my computer with the same maxed settings and no loss in visual quality. Finally, is the "unexpected new feature" the same "amazing new Top Secret feature that will be a first in the industry?" The one that Luthier teased us with five months ago. All a bit squirly if you ask me. Note to MG...I think we can only handle one promised ground-breaking feature at a time.:)

We shouldn't have to be told that we may not see a 100% increase in fps, these are just beta tests, on a specific system, and will ALWAYS be different on different systems and ALWAYS subject to change. The unexpected feature might be amazing to some and not so much to others. Some will find something to positive to say others not so much.

SiThSpAwN 02-03-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegOhm (Post 387567)
They could at least give the year the patch might be released

LOL!

but seriously, the world ends this year, they have a deadline :)

Chivas 02-03-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN (Post 387562)
I appreciate their communicating more with us, but it doesnt ease the frustration any less, I want to love this game, but its still frustrating to come browse these forums with know good estimate on when we might be moving forward.

I understand the reasoning or justification of not saying anything, but doesnt ake it any easier, especially with how this game has been handled, oh well.. just keep on keeping on...

I agree its been a long wait with countless setbacks. I remember being totally pissed when BOB was delayed because Luthier need help finishing Pacific Fighters. I feel your pain.

SiThSpAwN 02-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivas (Post 387573)
I agree its been a long wait with countless setbacks. I remember being totally pissed when BOB was delayed because Luthier need help finishing Pacific Fighters. I feel your pain.

When you see the potential in this game, thats what makes it hurt so much lol

klem 02-03-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 387386)
11. Are you planning to make different octane fuels an option for the plane load out?
Not for Cliffs of Dover.

Does this mean there will be no 100 octane for BoB or that some aircraft will have it but they will not have an 87 octane option (like when you out the Rotol prop on the Spit Ia but could not have the DH)?.

smink1701 02-03-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN (Post 387574)
When you see the potential in this game, thats what makes it hurt so much lol

1+++. This is the root of much of the frustration. We've been looking forward to this sim for years...after countless delays get an unfinished product...and the next beta is a complete mystery in terms of content and timing. But we get images from the sequel and it’s a plane that most outside Russia would never want to fly. I bought the game and will keep watching and hoping for real progress but all the missteps have left me quite skeptical.

priller26 02-03-2012 08:27 PM

Thanks for the update! The new beta benchmarks sound very promising!

Dano 02-03-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smink1701 (Post 387560)
Maybe next week's update will be a real update...something to look forward to. In terms of a 50% or 100% increase in fps, I'll believe it when I'm seeing it on my computer with the same maxed settings and no loss in visual quality. Finally, is the "unexpected new feature" the same "amazing new Top Secret feature that will be a first in the industry?" The one that Luthier teased us with five months ago. All a bit squirly if you ask me. Note to MG...I think we can only handle one promised ground-breaking feature at a time.:)

You wont get anything more of an update until it's ready for release, thank the community for that and move on, it's getting tiresome reading how peeved you are at it now, we know.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.