View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 AM

Guys Im doing some thorough benchmarking, testing various settings and impacts of things like GPU and CPU speed on a few tracks.

One thing Id love to investigate is the impact of the amount vram, as it seems to be huge, as neither CPU nor GPU frequency scaling seems to impact my FPS much, if at all.

Does anyone have a Core2 quad (ideally ~3 GHz, but I can match slightly higher or lower speeds as well) and ATI 4870 1GB?

If so (and only if so), you could help me greatly by benching this track:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b7kioohkbadc9dd

Download it, save it where it belongs, in my case its in:

C:\Users\[my username]\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\records

Use these exact same settings:

Code:
resolution: 1360x768 (*) and/or 1920x1080
anti aliasing: 4x for 1360x768 and 0x for 1920x1080
Epilepsy: Off
Model: high
building: low
land:low
forest:low
effects:high
damage decals:medium
buildings:low
land shading: low
grass: off
shadows:off
roads:off
* Please note, to enable 1360x768 you can edit conf.ini. Use the correct one, so this one:
C:\Users\youruser\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Code:
[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
  DepthBits  =24
  StencilBits=8
  DrawIfNotFocused=0
  SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1360
height=768
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Feel free to change fullscreen and changescreenres to 0 if your monitor doesnt support this res.

Set your videocard to run at 750 MHz core and 900 MHz videomemory (I think 1 GB models by default clock a bit higher. If yours would be lower, thats fine, I can match that).

Run fraps. Play the track. The moment to cockpit shows up, press P for pauze. Wait a few seconds for the FPS to stabilize. Unpauze, and start fraps benchmark. THen send me the 3 CSV files fraps generates in c:\fraps\benchmarks.

Big thanks!