View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_crapper View Post
Then you are not playing the same game as I am or you do not play beyond normal difficulty. "if" the game requires tanking units? "If" I need traps?. You always need sturdy units on which to place "Target" to adsorb heavy punishment for your rangers, and the traps are not there to damage, they are there to halt an opponent's turn. Do you think a 50 000+ Hp Stack cares if they get hit with e 500 damage trap? But said stack is forced to e premature end of its turn that way.

Just now, a stack of archdemons would've obliterated my archmages, because they always get to act first, but they landed on a trap and found themselves surrounded without being able to take an action
Actually I play Impossible No-Loss games exclusively. I never use Target, oddly enough. I just resurrect or attack first so their ranged prioritizes my melee attackers, not my ranged.

As for when to use level 3 traps with level 3 medal traps, probably in those crazy solo black dragon no-loss impossible mage missions.

I'm not a huge fan of traps since as you have noticed, dealing 3-4K and poison and cancelling a turn isn't really all that impressive against the later enemies.

That said, a level 1 trap does precisely what you needed to do, so the medals aren't useful there. Unless you really want to spend hours pumping it, that's fine too. I just find the traps are too situational. Maybe if I was able to place all the traps ahead of time.

Also, because they act first, you were relying on luck or the Tactics + luck for that trap to occur.

I probably would have just used Turn Back Time if I was a warrior. Although, since my warrior build was a ranged build with Level 3 Quick Draw, I almost ALWAYS acted first and destroyed or crippled every major unit before it got to me. Level 3 Helplessness + 100% Critical == dead enemies.

Or, Pain Mirror + Turn Back Time as a mage. Ah.... it is funny to see the Archdemons take ridiculous damage from Pain Mirror when they do 'Half' on my units, which will be restored.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 09-27-2010 at 09:49 PM.