View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Cool Update Beta V2014-05-08 Available!

Please find attached (at the bottom) the latest update to my H3B mod!

This update contains a lot of changes!

There is also some debug information that you will find at the start and during combat that I've left in for now so that you can get a feel for certain things that affect combat.

The first is the map location and what terrain type it is as well as the time of day since these parameters are very important with respect to bonuses or penalties. I've been using this to update the arena location types so that arenas give proper bonuses. My work here is not done and so I plan to continue to use the information that you see on the first line to help me in altering the terrain type of a certain arena.

As an example of this, there are many forest locations that have an arena type that is normal. I've changed these to be forest so that Elves now benefit from their "Loves the Forest" feature since technically you are running all around through the forest.

The next combat message you will see appear is a listing of the enemy hero / tower spells and their score. I've spent a lot of time developing a much more strategic system with respect to the generation of the spell's score, which affects its probability of being cast. So if you are interested, you can scroll back through the combat log in fights with enemy spellcasters and see what the scores are for their spell choices. This information was invaluable in helping me improve this part of the game.

Both of these messages will be removed in a future version, but for now I've left them since they help me with mod development and debugging. You can simply ignore these messages as they don't affect anything.

This update also includes the addition of Blue Dragons as a new unit! I had a lot of fun developing them and so I hope you have fun playing them or fighting them. Note that you will need to start a new game to be able to "legitimately" use them since the *.LOC files that I edited only affect new games. Nonetheless, I've also added Blue Dragon Eggs and so you can always use the cheat command (tilde, ~) to open the cheat dialog and type "item blue_dragon_egg" to add one (or repeat for more) to your inventory. You can then hatch them and try them out in your current game! This is what I did to debug them.

Note that I have added logic in ARENA.LUA to allow the AI to use their abilities, but this part I have not debugged yet to ensure that it works.

There are also now several NPC's that will exchange a certain container type for crystals (eggs, seeds, etc.). So far I have Lady Beaulla (Ent Seeds), Frogus Bogis (Dragonfly Eggs), Old Chvakah (Spider Eggs), Milk Woman Wilma (Thorn Seeds), and Witch Helga (Snake Eggs). I still have more work to do here...

Drahha will now offer to exchange dragon eggs for runes. You need to talk to him a couple of times after finishing his quest to get the option to make the exchange.

Another big change is that the difficulty and map location bonuses now apply to enemy unit talents as well. This means that they do more damage with abilities that cause damage, summon more allies, have a higher percent chance of certain effects, etc.

Ice damaging spells / abilities now amplify damage based on half of the target's fire resistance if the target is fire immune or they are demons and damage reduction from physical resistance is only half if they fit the above requirements. This change means that there is a pseudo "ice" damage to targets that should normally be vulnerable to ice spells (like Dragons and Demons, for example).

There are also a ton of bug fixes that either you have pointed out or that I've discovered on my own. So let's hope that I've made the mod better in this regard.

There are also myriad other changes, some deal with making units more interesting / playable (like the changes to bears and unicorns), others with adding penalties (like the new penalties to the Undead), and some that are just general.

Since there are a ton of changes in this update, there may still be some bugs out there, so if you have any problems with this update, be sure to post them here. I'm not done making all the changes that I want, but I think I've implemented all the changes that require a restart. The only reason to restart is if you want to get the *.LOC file (note that the arena LOC changes do not require a restart) changes (like Blue Dragons, etc.), otherwise feel free to continue your game like normal after an update.

Once again, thanks for downloading and trying out my mod - I hope you enjoy this update!

Here is the detailed (long) list of changes (and the mod can be downloaded below):

Version Beta 2014-05-08
  • *.ATOM
    • ARCHMAGE.ATOM - added level=4 custom param since features_shock has been updated to work with blue dragons
    • Bear ATOM's
      • Increase in hitpoints, critical hit and some resistances
      • Have a new ability: Maul that has a chance to stun and / or cause bleeding in the target
      • BEAR.ATOM
        • Health: 60 -> 80
        • Resistance:
          • Physical: 0 -> 5
          • Poison: 0 -> 5
        • Critical Hit: 20 -> 30
      • BEAR2.ATOM
        • Health: 70 -> 95
        • Resistance:
        • Critical Hit: 30 -> 40
      • BEAR_WHITE.ATOM
        • Health: 120 -> 190
        • Resistance:
        • Critical Hit: 30 -> 40
    • ARMY_BLUEDRAGON.ATOM - implents the blue dragon army map atom, based on the red dragon and Drahha army map atoms.
    • BLUEDRAGON.ATOM New Unit! Thanks to Sir Whiskers for providing brain storming ideas!
      • Blue Dragons have the following abilities:
        • Move attack
          • Does half fire and half astral lightning damage that is the long2 attack like Black and Red Dragons
          • Has a 50% chance to burn and a 50% chance to shock targets
          • Damage is 60 - 70 fire and astral (total is 120 - 140)
          • Effects all creatures regardless of level
        • Can summon Dragonflies, 25 to 40% of their leadership (this idea was provided by Sir Whiskers)
        • Has a "Zap" attack that is similar to the Bone Dragon Poison Cloud attack.
        • Gives morale bonus to Dragonflies
        • Discharge - 25% chance to discharge "Zap" attack when being struck
        • Aversion - other dragons dislike them, reducing the morale of those dragons.
        • For other info, see the ATOM file
    • BLUE_DRAGON_EGG01.ATOM - based on the sapfir (sapphire or blue egg that Welbewooll has you get in Ultrax) egg
      • Implements the blue dragon egg as an item that can be added to the map.
      • There may be more work to do here, but since technically it doesn't exist in the game it is probably okay.
    • BONEDRAGON.ATOM - base attack is now 50% poison and 50% physical and they have a 25% chance to cause poison when attacking / counterattacking
    • CYLCOP.ATOM - stone throw attack now does 200% damage to obstacles, barriers, and gremlin towers
    • ATOM's with the Dragon Arrow ability (ARCHER, BOWMAN, ELF, ELF2) - damage is now x2 of their normal throw ability
    • Plant Summoning ATOM's - these changes will give the enemy roughly the same summoning percent on impossible and max map difficulty (so they really mostly affect your summoning)
      • DRYAD.ATOM - reduced summoning from 30-55% to 20-40%
      • ENT.ATOM - reduced summoning from 30-50% to 20-35%
      • ENT2.ATOM - reduced summoning from 35-55% to 25-40%
      • KINGTHORN.ATOM - reduced summoning from 75-95% to 50-60%
      • THORN.ATOM - reduced summoning from 80-90% to 55-65%
      • THORN_WARRIOR.ATOM - reduced summoning from 80-90% to 55-65%
    • Undead ATOM's - receive -25% health in daylight (excludes cemeteries, dungeons, and lava):
      • ARCHER.ATOM
      • BAT.ATOM
      • BAT2.ATOM
      • BLACKKNIGHT.ATOM
      • BONEDRAGON.ATOM
      • GHOST.ATOM - receive -50% health in daylight
      • GHOST2.ATOM - receive -50% health in daylight
      • NECROMANT.ATOM
      • SKELETON.ATOM
      • SPIDER_UNDEAD.ATOM
      • VAMPIRE.ATOM
      • VAMPIRE2.ATOM
      • ZOMBIE.ATOM
      • ZOMBIE2.ATOM
      • Note: even though I've listed the above atoms, the capability was done with a subturn function due to limitations of the ATOM's arena bonus section
    • Unicorn ATOM's:
      • Horn of Light now has a chance to blind enemy troops when attacking or counter-attacking (chance is doubled for beholders, cyclopses, demons, and the undead and duration +1 and doubled again if combat takes place in the evening or at night or undergound and another +1 duration as well)
      • Have a magic aura that either adds magic resistance to all allies (Unicorns) or subtracts magic resistance from all enemies (Black Unicorn)
      • UNICORN.ATOM
        • Blind chance is 15% (x2 vs beholders, cyclopses, demons, & undead and then x2 again for evening / night combat)
        • Magic aura is +20 magic resistance to all allies (except Unicorns and Black Unicorns)
      • UNICORN2.ATOM
        • Blind chance is 20% (x2 vs beholders, cyclopses, demons, & undead and then x2 again for evening / night combat)
        • Magic curse is -30 magic resistance to all enemies (except Unicorns and Black Unicorns)
    • This batch of changes deal with the fact that since I changed some unit abilities to be reloadable, the Gift spell is far less important. Now I've changed some reloadable skills back to charged skills so that Gift is now more desirable for long combats:
      • ALCHEMIST.ATOM (note that reload time is still enforced)
        • throw1 - moves=2
        • throw2 - moves=2
        • throw3 - moves=2
      • DRUID.ATOM (note that reload time is still enforced) - cast bear moves=2
      • DRYAD.ATOM - sleep moves=1
      • ENT.ATOM (note that reload time is still enforced) - summonplant1 moves=2
  • *.CHAT
    • 185019267.CHAT (Lady Beaulla) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling ent seeds to get crystals!
    • 248920890.CHAT (Milk Woman, Wilma) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling thorn seeds to get crystals!
    • 460900476.CHAT (Frogus Bogis) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling dragonfly eggs to get crystals!
    • 1378754138.CHAT (Old Chvakha) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling spider eggs to get crystals!
    • 111145785.CHAT (Witch Helga) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling snake eggs to get crystals!
    • 1567022839.CHAT (Dragon Drahha) - Now includes extra snaps and logic for selling dragon eggs to get runes!
  • *.LOC:
    • Arena LOC's - most of these changes have to do with stricter enforcement of the logbits (terrain) for applying bonuses / penalties more correctly, especially with the Undead health penalty during daylight
      • ACASTLE_KARADOR.ARENA.LOC - logbits 1 (cemetery) -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon)
      • ADARION4_MAGICTOWER.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 4 (dungeon), even though this is above ground it is still considered dungeon because it is dark inside
      • ADARION_1_COAST_1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 16 (sea) -> 24 (sea & forest)
      • ADARION_1_FOREST_4.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • ADARION_1_LAKE_1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • ADARION_1_LAKE_2.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • ADARION_1_LAKE_3.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • ADARION_2_KINGTOMB.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon), this is part of the old King's Castle in Verlon Forest and so parts of the castle apply both of these bonuses to the Undead making them very tough
      • ADARION_2_ROAD_2.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • ADARION_3_DEADLAND_1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 1 (cemetery) -> 9 (cemetery & forest)
      • AELLINIA_BOOK.ARENA.LOC - logbits 1 (cemetery) -> 9 (cemetery & forest)
      • AELLINIA_1_COAST_1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 16 (sea) -> 24 (sea & forest)
      • AELLINIA_1_FOREST_3.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • AELLINIA_1_FOREST_4.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • AISLAND_1_BRIDGE_1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 16 (sea) -> 24 (sea & forest)
      • AKORDAR_DEMONROAD.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 4 (dungeon), this is the underground sea area
      • AITEM_DEMON01.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 2 (lava)
      • AITEM_DEMON02.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 2 (lava)
      • AITEM_DWARF_01.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 32 (winter)
      • AITEM_DWARF_02.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 32 (winter)
      • AITEM_ELF_01.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • AITEM_ELF_02.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 8 (forest)
      • AITEM_UNDEAD_01.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon)
      • AITEM_UNDEAD_02.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon)
      • AUNDEAD_BLACKMOUNTAINS.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 1 (cemetery)
      • AUNDEAD_BOOK.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 9 (cemetery & forest)
      • AUNDEAD_COAST.ARENA.LOC - logbits 16 (sea) -> 25 (sea, forest, & cemetery)
      • AUNDEAD_DRAGONDUNGEON1.ARENA.LOC - logbits 4 (dungeon) -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon)
      • AUNDEAD_DRAGONDUNGEON2.ARENA.LOC - logbits 4 (dungeon) -> 5 (cemetery & dungeon)
      • AUNDEAD_ISLAND.ARENA.LOC - logbits 16 (sea) -> 17 (sea & cemetery)
      • AUNDEAD_REDMOUNTAINS.ARENA.LOC - logbits 0 -> 1 (cemetery)
      • DEADLAND_02_ARENA.ARENA.LOC - logbits 1 (cemetery) -> 9 (cemetery & forest)
    • DEMON_1_EMBRYOS.LOC (Demonis) (only affects new games)
      • building_demon04 (Welbewooll's shop)
        • Now always sells 1 to 5 Blue Dragon Eggs
        • Now always sells 1 to 5 Blue Dragons
        • Has an additional chance to sell 5 to 10 Blue Dragons
      • army_demon (embyro_1) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • Baal's Army - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons with the second variant
      • army_demon (embyro_2) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_23) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • Xeona's Army - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons with the second variant
      • army_demon (embyro_42) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_46) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_51) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_52) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_63) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_64) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_67) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_74) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_75) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_demon (embyro_76) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
    • DEMON_ULTRAX.EMBRYOS.LOC (Ultrax) (only affects new games)
      • army_blackdragon (embyro_1) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_reddragon (embyro_12) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_blackdragon (embyro_13) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
    • ELLINIA_1_LABIRINT_1.EMBRYOS.LOC (only affects new games)
      • Dragon Shop:
        • Now has a 25% chance to sell Blue Dragon Eggs (2:10)
        • Now always sells 10 to 20 Blue Dragons
    • ELLINIA_1_LABIRINT_2.EMBRYOS.LOC (only affects new games)
      • (only affects new games) - ***CRASH*** fixed mispelling of "cereberus" - should be spelled cerberus (thanks to Sir_Whiskers for pointing this out!).
      • Skaar's Shop:
        • Now has a 50% chance to sell Blue Dragon Eggs (1:5)
        • Now always sells an additional either 10 to 20 Black, Blue, or Red Dragons (even chance)
      • Giant Shop:
        • Now has a 50% chance to sell Blue Dragon Eggs (2:5)
        • Chance to sell either Black or Red Dragons is now those two or Blue Dragons (same number)
      • Dragon Averr (army_greendragon (embryo_21)) now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • Dragon Wirz (army_greendragon (embryo_22)) now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
    • ELLINIA_1_LABIRINT_3.EMBRYOS.LOC
      • Dragon Shop:
        • Now has a 25% chance to sell Blue Dragon Eggs (1:5)
        • Chance to sell either Black or Red Dragons is now either Black or Blue Dragons
        • Additional chance to sell either 10 to 20 Blue or Red Dragons
        • Alternate chance is now 5 to 10 Blue Dragons (was nothing before) (the other alternate is still the same: Black, Bone, or Red Dragons)
      • Dragon Reige (army_reddragon (embryo_39)) now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • Dragon Ferr (army_reddragon (embryo_5)) now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
    • GREMLIN_CASTLE.EMBRYOS.LOC (only affects new games) - now you get one of each type of dragon (instead of 1 Bone and 2 Black)
      • Changed bonedragon_egg01 (Bone Dragon egg) -> dragon_egg01 (Green Dragon egg)
      • Changed (first) blackdragon_egg01 (Black Dragon egg) -> red_dragon_egg01 (Red Dragon egg)
      • army_blackdragon (embyro_13) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_blackdragon (embyro_19) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_necromant (embyro_24) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_necromant (embyro_25) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in the army
      • army_goblin2 (embyro_33) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in one of the army choices
      • army_goblin2 (embyro_53) - now has a chance to spawn Blue Dragons in one of the army choices
    • KORDAR_2.EMBRYOS.LOC (only affects new games) - Raab Sotten's army now has a chance (33%) to spawn Blue Dragons in the Dragon Army choice
    • TURTLE_HEAD.EMBRYOS.LOC (only affects new games)
      • Cruel Haas's army: 100% chance of Bone Dragons is now either Blue or Bone Dragons
      • Cruel Haas's army: 100% chance of either Fire Dragonflies, Black, Bone, Green, or Red Dragons now adds Blue Dragons to the list
  • *.LNG
    • EN(G)_BATTLE
      • add_blog_snarl_1, 2 -> snarled changed to ensnarled
      • added add_blog_blind_ and add_block_purblind_ macros for (Black) Unicorns new ability
      • added for when the (Black) Unicorns blind and fear targets:
        • add_blog_blind_fear_ normal message
        • add_blog_purblind_fear_ +1 blind duration
        • add_blog_blind_frightened_ +1 scare duration
        • add_blog_purblind_frightened_ +1 blind and scare duration
      • added for when the Bears stun and bleed targets:
        • add_blog_stunned_bleeding_ normal message
        • add_blog_dazed_bleeding_ +1 stun duration
        • add_blog_stunned_hemoraging_ +1 bleeding duration
        • add_blog_dazed_hemoraging_ +1 stune and bleeding duration
      • added add_blog_manaburn_ for when Green Dragons mana burn your hero
    • EN(G)_CHAT_0814853819_0185019267.LNG (Lady Beaulla) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1000228560_0460900476.LNG (Frogus Bogis) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1056215454_1378754138.LNG (Old Chvakah) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1107629933_0248920890.LNG (Milk Woman, Wilma) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1237766457_0111145785.LNG (Witch Helga) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1253377691_1567022839.LNG (Dragon Drahha) - added additional dialog for changes to *.CHAT indicated above
    • EN(G)_CHAT_1315394584_0068736578.LNG (Diana) - fixed spelling errors coarse -> course
    • EN(G)_ITEMS.LNG
      • Added Blue Dragon Egg labels
    • EN(G)_SKILLS.LNG
      • Updated Tolerance skill for changes (see MORALE.TXT)
      • Updated Mega Mage skill for changes (see SKILLS.TXT)
    • EN(G)_SPELLS.LNG
      • Highlighted in red the mana_rage_gain_k effect on Magic Spring
      • Altered Ice Snake and Geyser descriptions to include changes for Fire Immune and Demon targets as noted below
      • Updated Dragon Arrow description to include changes above (see Dragon Arrow ATOM's).
    • EN(G)_SPIRITS.LNG
      • Added hint for possibility of rage or mana burn if an enemy picks up your Lina Charger
      • Highlighted in red the mana_rage_gain_k effect on Lina's Chargers and Reaper's Rage Gain
      • Added Fire Immune and Demon target description to Ice Thorns
    • EN(G)_UNITS.LNG
      • Added Blue Dragon labels
      • Changed Black Dragons's Dragon Power description to match the changes made in UNIT_FEATURES.LUA.
    • EN(G)_UNITS_SPECIALS.LNG
      • Green Dragon Mana Source now mana burns the target troop's hero if they do not have a hero controlling them and mention that it is affected by combat duration (due to mana_rage_gain_k)
    • EN(G)_UNITS_FEATURES.LNG
      • Changed (Black) Unicorn's Horn of Light description to include blind and fear chance
      • Added new (Black) Unicorn's Magical Aura / Curse feature
      • Changed Cyclop's stone_thrower to include changes made above
    • EN(G)_WIVES.LNG
      • Changed the children postambles so that the line break is leading rather than trailing
      • Added itm_kid_fire_spells, _attack_, and _defense_ spell labels to delineate spell lists better
    • EN(G)_WINDOWS.LNG
      • Added more tips
      • Fixed errors in previous tips (for example, Shamans pointed out by Sir_Whiskers)
    • TEMPLATES.LNG
      • <br> next line codes are now controlled in the childs macro instead of ITEMS_HINT.LUA (<br> are now leading instead of trailing - improves children bonus display by eliminating blank lines at the end of the bonus description)
      • Added some new color macros so that I could show the mana_rage_gain_k effect language in red, for example
      • Fixed attack and defense spell templates (i.e. Deemer)
  • *.LUA
    • ARENA.LUA
      • ***BUG*** Fixed issue with casting Stone Skin multiple times in a row (was due to Pentagram casts and the fact that it somehow does not register as a pawn even though it is classified as one)
      • ***BUG*** Fixed issue with enemy Priests casting Healing on their own Undead troops thereby damaging them
      • Enemy unit talents that cause damage are now effected by the difficulty level / map bonus
      • Added logic to ai_solver for enemy units to consider picking up chargers if they can so they can rage or mana burn you
      • Major revision to Spell Casting AI:
        • Fixed bugs - Geyser was not computing probability correctly (Jorko80 pointed this out a long time ago, but didn't realize it was a bug until now)
        • A lot more data is collected on the ally and enemy units to aid in spell probability computation
        • Probability computation for a spell is more pertinent to the situation for which the spell is being used
      • I had made a change previously where if an enemy (your) unit was incapacitated (i.e. sleep, unconscious, blind) that the AI would leave them alone until as long as the duration of the spell was greater than 1 turn. Sounded reasonable, however, if there was no one else to attack, the AI would keeping moving the troop back and forth until it ran out of movement even if attacking the incapacitated troop was their only option. So I've made a change where this doesn't happen any more.
      • Gremlin Towers now amplify exp / gold based on their level
      • Added chance to get more dragonfly wings if you actually fight dragonflies:
        • Chance to get wings is the sqrt( number killed )
        • Number of wings is sqrt( chance )
      • Added Blue Dragon's summondragonfly to summon logic and zap to poison_cloud and gain_mana logic
    • COMBAT_LOG.LUA
      • Implemented changes to Ice Snake (see SPELLS.LUA changes)
    • ITEMS_HINT.LUA
      • Removed the <br> "next line" codes since they are now controlled in TEMPLATES.LNG
      • Added fire_, attack_, and defense_ as variants to spell bonus templates to identify spell groups better
    • LOGIC.LUA - total hints is now 164
    • SPECIAL_ATTACKS.LUA
      • Implemented changes to talent functions to implement difficulty level bonus to enemy units when using talents
      • Green Dragon's special_gain_mana now mana burns enemy hero's if they don't have one (otherwise works same as before)
    • SPECIAL_HINT.LUA - all enemy unit talents are effected by the difficulty level bonus / map bonus, including:
      • Damage
      • Action points when running
      • Curative powers
      • Duration of effects
      • Infliction chances (i.e. burning, poison, etc.)
      • Health of summoned totems
      • Percent of summons
      • Effect power, bonuses, etc.
      • Penalties are reduced (i.e. the new Undead Health penalty is reduced by this)
      • More...
    • SPELLS.LUA
      • The (Ancient) Ent's Tree of Life ability can no longer be dispelled.
      • Freeze immune units can no longer be frozen
      • Ice Snake now ignores half of the target's physical reistance and amplifies damage based on half of the target's fire resistance if they are either Fire Immune or Demons (otherwise it is same as before)
      • Mana Spring function spell_magic_source_attack now has a new boolean input to let it know if it is being called by Enchanted Hero or not. The way I implemented Enchanted Hero is that it casts spells at the power of the time of the Enchanted Hero cast. So this meant if you cast Enchanted Hero on your troop on turn 9 and then on turn 10 mana / rage increase dropped to 50%, it would cast Mana Spring on your troop at full power. However, if you cast Mana Spring on your troop on turn 10, then that would be at the current mana / rage gain increase. This boolean now discerns between the two situations and allows Mana Spring to be cast appropriately.
    • SPELLS_POWER.LUA
      • Made changes to function res_dur so that it can work with the Spell Casting AI in ARENA.LUA
      • ***BUG*** Fixed limits on Armageddon spell 0 to 95 is now 5 to 100 (they were set backwards - thanks to Kiras for pointing this out!)
    • SPIRIT_LINA.LUA
      • Chargers - now rage or mana burn your hero if they are picked up by enemy troops not controlled by an enemy hero. So don't let them pick up your Chargers!
      • Similar to Ice Snake, Ice Thorns now amplify damage to Fire Immune and Demons in the same way
    • TEXTGEN.LUA - fixed double dipping on the display of your Hero Resistance bonus due to their Defense during combat (i.e. if your bonus was +2% it would show as +4% in combat even though it was still just +2%)
    • UNIT_FEATURES.LUA
      • ***BUG*** Bear's Hibernation now checks to ensure that the bear is not unconscious
      • ***BUG*** Fixed broken features_stun path for Snakes / Cyclops
      • ***BUG*** Archers' Black Arrow can no longer dispel summons' "special_summon_bonus" (thanks to Kiras for pointing this out!)
      • Implemented changes to talent functions to implement difficulty level bonus to enemy units when using talents
      • Implemented features_undead_penalty function to apply Undead health penalty bonuses
      • Implemented changes to Horn of Light
      • Added magic aura / curse Unicorn functions
      • Added check on a lot of the functions to ensure that the stack is not killed when applying a feature
      • Soul draining and Vampirism are only 50% effective during daylight (morning and afternoon, and are not affected if combat is in a cemetery, lava, or underground)
      • Implemented Undead health penalty function for daylight (and not cemetery, lava, or dungeon)
      • Added boolean to the call for spell_magic_source_attack per changes above to correctly cast Mana Spring from Enchanted Hero.
      • Black Dragon's Dragon Power now is -2 initiative to level 1 and 2 troops (and remains -1 initiative to level 3 and 4 troops)
  • *.TXT
    • BABY TXT's - Ugg! All these errors deal with a typo copied from place to place nerco -> necro! Doh! Thanks Windows 8.1!
      • DIANA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 3 errors! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
        • Added bonuses for blue dragons where applicable
      • FEANORA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 7 errors! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
      • GERDA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 1 error! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
      • MIRABELLA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 10 errors! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
      • NEOKA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 18 errors! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
      • ORCELYN_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 7 errors! Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
      • RINA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 15 errors!
          • Fixed typo nerco -> necro (for necromant ATOM reference)
          • Fixed typo sp_lead_unit_nercomant -> sp_lead_unit_necromant (which means previously that Necromancer Leadership Reduction was not working!)
      • XEONA_BABIES.TXT
        • ***BUG*** 9 errors! Fixed typo sp_lead_unit_nercomant -> sp_lead_unit_necromant (which means previously that Necromancer Leadership Reduction was not working!)
        • ***BUG*** Changed Deemer's Rage Increase from +40% -> +20%
        • Changed Deemer's Attack / Spell bonus from +10% -> +5%
    • ITEMS.TXT
      • Added bluedragons to items that would affect them
    • ITEMS_MONSTER.TXT
      • Added new container - Blue Dragon Eggs!
      • Made unit range consistent with leadership for all variants:
        • snake: 1-3 -> 2-4, snake_green: 1-3 -> 2-4
        • vampire: 1-3 -> 2-4
    • MORALE.TXT
      • -2 Morale (was -1) from Robber's negated by Tolerance level 2
      • -2 Morale from Giants to Green Dragons negated by Tolerance level 3
      • +1 Morale from Green Dragons to Giants negated by Tolerance level 3 (I guess they are no longer as happy since they can't eat 'em)
      • Blue Dragons:
        • -2 Morale to Green & Red Dragons negated by Tolerance level 3
        • -1 Morale to Black Dragons negated by Tolerance level 2
        • +2 Morale to Fire / Lake Dragonflies
    • PARAMS.TXT
      • In order to get the dragonfly wings to show up in the combat screen I added a dummy parameter, dfly_wng, so that you'd at least see its picture when you were awarded dragonfly wings. I tried to show the number that you get, but it somehow doesn't format on the screen properly. So I just show the wings picture and you'll have to check your inventory to see how many you got for now...
    • SKILLS.TXT
      • Evil Book now gets Mega Mage bonuses
      • Tolerance now removes penalties for other units (i.e. Robbers, Green Dragons / Giants, etc.)

Wow! Lots of changes! With so many, there are bound to be some areas that I haven't debugged yet, but I can restart a new game without it crashing and I've resolved all issues I've discovered to date.

Nonetheless, I'll continue playtesting and debugging this release, but don't let this stop you from downloading this update and trying it out!

Enjoy!

/C\/C\

Download removed due to new version available. Please see the last post in this thread for the latest version - thanks!

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 05-12-2014 at 04:36 AM. Reason: New version available so download links removed