View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:35 PM

To continue Vevster's post, another quote:

Quote:
Pre-screening video games should work in a similar way. Once problematic images, patterns or colours have been identified, they can be removed – resulting in a safer gaming experience. Gaye has some concerns that gameplaying purists may feel short-changed if sections of a game are removed before its release. She insists, however, that the gaming experience will not suffer.

“If games are pre-screened, the odd problematic sequence can be taken out,” she explains, “but I don’t want the games spoiled. We’re talking about the odd second or two here and there. No one will find the game any less fun or exciting.”
The root cause of PSE is regular flashing in certain frequencies and intensity. Granted I do not have extensive knowledges on PSE, but everything I read so far points to rather specific triggers.
Otherwise every game made would cause mass PSE attacks.

It is a difficult position to get the game out and have to make a performance degrading patch, but some things cannot be helped.
BUT I hope once CoD is released 1C can do a more detailed analysis and change the effects instead of applying crude patch.