View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
I play my games with the mindset of "best return on my investment in time."

If my game play requires tanking units, I push heavily to get the guardian angel level 3 medal.

If my game play requires traps, I'll max out traps asap. There are ways to facilitate maxing of medals, you just need to plan ahead. e.g. archmages and the dragon push are great ways to force weakened enemies into traps.

There really is NO point in maxing out if you gain zero utility from it.

For example, in my current play through, I don't rely on traps for damage, so I have no trap medals.
Then you are not playing the same game as I am or you do not play beyond normal difficulty. "if" the game requires tanking units? "If" I need traps?. You always need sturdy units on which to place "Target" to adsorb heavy punishment for your rangers, and the traps are not there to damage, they are there to halt an opponent's turn. Do you think a 50 000+ Hp Stack cares if they get hit with e 500 damage trap? But said stack is forced to e premature end of its turn that way.

Just now, a stack of archdemons would've obliterated my archmages, because they always get to act first, but they landed on a trap and found themselves surrounded without being able to take an action