View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 PM

I'm finally able to play this game! I got a new PC a couple weeks ago. My old one could play the game but it was really slow, and crashed frequently. My new PC runs a whole lot better. While the game isn't perfectly optimized for it, it's runs really well.

The scenery is incredible. This is one area where SCS was lacking in previous games. It's new and refreshing. It's not the same thing OVER and OVER. You really feel like you're driving in America.

The truck interiors are great. So many camera angles, and functioning steering and shifting animations as well. That's a great touch. The sleeper is great to see as well. And they are all customizable and unique to every truck, which makes it all the better.

Physics on the other hand could use a LOT of work. But just driving down the road isn't so bad. Cornering and backing is when it gets awful.

The radio is also a great feature. My only gripe is the fact that it should have more modern songs (at least for country...but hey, that's just me)

Overall it could easily use improvement but despite the bugs and problems it's a GREAT game.

Edit: Posted PC specs for general reference:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
Monitor:
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...5450i/15047848

Last edited by 1Truck; 10-24-2010 at 10:26 PM.