View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
The political system here in Norway is NOT to blame for one man's insane rampage, and there was quite frankly nothing that could have been done to prevent this. Our police isn't armed on a day to day basis by choice as much as per orders, and the only two units of the police that are armed and train with firearms damn near on a daily basis are Delta (Antiterror-squad) and the Rapid Response Team. Who, I might add, were both present in downtown Oslo not all that long after the bomb there went off.

I don't expect you to understand, however. You don't know us, and you don't know how we think.
I don't blame the system for the actions of the mad man. I blame them for the extremely poor reaction. The fact that law enforcement units in Norway did not have as basic tool as a helicopter, is not excusable and the system is to be blamed for it. Also one can argue that having only two armed units in the country was a shortcoming, as Delta was obviously bussy in Oslo and didn't have enough people in time to send to the island.

I can't say I know Norway, but I've been there quite a few times. I've been from Oslo, to Bergen, Trondheim, Tromsø , all the way up to Nordkapp. Awesome country and great people. But I think the leaders were quite naive about law enforcement needs.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit