View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Knight View Post
Yes, I played the Trent War too. There are many visual "bugs" (unpainted parts of the map, bland decoration, etc.), but maybe that wasn't the strong point of the creator. The scripts used in the campaign where pretty great, just like the camapign itself. However, it did get kinda boring after reaching Upper Trent, due to lack of "real" dialogs and plot. I also remember an island full of isles. That was my favorite part. The decorations where better thought there, in my opinion. I think I'm more attached to the "epicness" of games, not necessarily to the balance or certain other technical stuff, like those introduced in Trent.

What version did you play with? I don't remember so many places where the lack of painting felt weird or annoying.

I agree about the islands area, though. That part is full of details.

Epicness is overrated for me. I'm tired of it. You have tons of games with such a tone.

On the other hand, on my book, balance is key. The absence of dominant strategies, the unpredictability and real challenge mean all much more to my taste. I play on Impossible, by the way.