1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Men of War > Multiplayer Mode

Multiplayer Mode All discussions and questions about MP

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:24 AM
combiner combiner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default How are you supposed to play this online?

The fog of war hides everything until your units die, while the opposing player kills everything. For example, my tanks never live for more than a few seconds because there is -always- an AT gun hiding in the fog of war; how the hell am I supposed to see that? Seriously, how do you play when your units are seemingly always exposed, but the opponent's remain hidden?

I think this game is really great from the skirmish missions I've played, and I don't like to compare it to Company of Heroes, but at least in Company of Heroes Multiplayer you can see what's attacking you unless it was a howitzer or artillery of some kind. Is there just something about multiplayer I'm just not getting?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Tigerium's Avatar
Tigerium Tigerium is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 65
Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by combiner View Post
The fog of war hides everything until your units die, while the opposing player kills everything. For example, my tanks never live for more than a few seconds because there is -always- an AT gun hiding in the fog of war; how the hell am I supposed to see that? Seriously, how do you play when your units are seemingly always exposed, but the opponent's remain hidden?
So how do you think soldiers were doing in real life ?
The best strategy is to not use the tanks unless it is REALLY necessary . Because anyways assault infantry can take out tanks so it wouldn't be a real problem if you would face a tank with just infantry .

And for the AT gun ... They're kind of useless against infantry when they're well hidden . Plus , you should make use of artillery often , defend the pieces with your infantry .

That's my strategy when I play online
__________________


If you want a free forum signature PM me .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Inuki Inuki is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10
Default

The game is very difficult =) I'd reccomend looking at some videos online of people playing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
combiner combiner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerium View Post
So how do you think soldiers were doing in real life ?
The best strategy is to not use the tanks unless it is REALLY necessary . Because anyways assault infantry can take out tanks so it wouldn't be a real problem if you would face a tank with just infantry .

And for the AT gun ... They're kind of useless against infantry when they're well hidden . Plus , you should make use of artillery often , defend the pieces with your infantry .

That's my strategy when I play online
But my assault infantry are usually shreded by a tank's machinegun before they can some AT rifles or launchers on them. And it isn't just AT guns that are seemingly always hidden, my infantry will be picked apart by infantry that's in fog of war, and I don't mean snipers, I mean just regular infantry. They appear for a secon when they fire, and then dissapear again.

It seems to be a one way road; It's perfectly okay for them to kill me, but not the other way around.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Tigerium's Avatar
Tigerium Tigerium is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 65
Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by combiner View Post
But my assault infantry are usually shreded by a tank's machinegun before they can some AT rifles or launchers on them. And it isn't just AT guns that are seemingly always hidden, my infantry will be picked apart by infantry that's in fog of war, and I don't mean snipers, I mean just regular infantry. They appear for a secon when they fire, and then dissapear again.

It seems to be a one way road; It's perfectly okay for them to kill me, but not the other way around.
In that case , don't spawn any tanks . Spawn as soon as you can some regular infantry , artillery and something to well protect your artillery against motorized troops , let's say , a single AT gun should fit .

You should ambush your AT gun with your infantry in front , or close of it , preferably not in the same spot but close . Then place your Artillery behind your little defence line and start bombarding .

If you have allies , let them go to fight alone , they will locate AT guns , infantry and tanks for you , just clear the way with your artillery and when you feel that they're missing ressources , spawn your tanks and ambush them with again , infantry to protect your armors from enemy infantry .

Good luck .
__________________


If you want a free forum signature PM me .
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
mrminiling mrminiling is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

You're painting a picture that you're an inexperience player.

If your vehicles are being knocked out by field guns, it is because you are being bested by ambush, or pushing into their LOS carelessly. If you know that they have anti-tank capabilities, such as a field gun, it is never good to push up armor unless you have an advantage; such as means (but not limit to) of being defilade from the enemy gun (read: to flank, to provide support as firing platform) or using concealment (i.e. fog of war) to use appropriate weapons to fire onto known AT position.

Being ambushed is the worse that can happen, and will happen. You can only react accordingly to pull out the best from the bad. But to minimize being ambushed is to minimize the chances of loss (element of surprise is a tough cookie) by using reconnaissance. Single scouts (any sort of infantry) sent out as a sentinel or recon will give priceless information about the enemies' position or attacking formation. Also bounding from cover to cover.

Anti-tank being fielded by infantry requires flanking and ambushing... go around, hide men in bushes, buildings. Running men up to attack a vehicle is not a strategy but a poor understanding of repelling armor.

A lot of things can be said to combat a defensive enemy or to defend, but it really is up to you as a tactician to formulate an appropriate means at the given scenario at hand.

As it has been said before, watch videos, I suggest commentaries (shoutcasts), on competitive play to understand ways to react and style of play.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
combiner combiner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for the help, and yes I am very new, I bought Assault Squad during the Steam sale
I think I'm just slipping on the learning curve, MoW is certainly different than CoH in the best ways, though I still think the range of the smaller AT guns is bit ridiculous
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.