1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Ilya, can you reveal how many levels of AI we have?

- (c) Shooting reds since 2001

- "Oleg: Pilots win dogfights. Not airplanes. If a pilot is not particularly good, regardless of a plane, he’ll always have a sinking feeling that something somewhere is wrong… and not everyone is willing to admit that the fault lies within."
Oleg's interview here: http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_310a.html

- IL2-Diaries
Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrr73 View Post
Wtf, Luthier you are here again????
First of all, i wan t to thank you and Oleg for answering so many questions!!! I feel like a small kid that has birthday, so exciting.

+1000 on this one
Old 02-07-2011, 08:01 AM

Luthier...thanks again for the Q and A...

Could you tell me what the colours A,B and C are in this screenie?

And what does physical weathering mean?...engine wear over time?

By null at 2011-02-06

And the weathering looks great by the way

Last edited by furbs; 02-07-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 AM

Luthier,

sorry if his has been asked before but I can't find the answer.

How does the Spitfire and other aircraft land in CoD? In IL-2 the Spit and many other aircraft bounce around like a drunken turkey if the touchdown is only a fraction off, as if there is almost no compression in the gear. It's like nothing I have experienced in any other game/simulation.

Is it better in CoD?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Luthier, A while ago there was a thread about the Spitfire cockpit being a Mk V instead of a Mk I.

Just wondered what you've got to say about it ? (if you saw the thread that is)

I thought it might just be a late Mk I.

I also love that you can assign serial numbers to your plane. Nice touch.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
If we record a video with our built-in track-to-video converter, that records videos at a fluid framerate on any machine in the world.
This intrigues me, does this mean that the built in track recorder will be able to record a track to video using maximum graphics options regardless of the fact that the machine being used only being able to run it at say 1 frame a second? Somewhat akin to rendering a movie in any of the numerous 3d raytracing packages?

If that is so then all I can say is
Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Will it be possible to fly the Tiger Moth online with two human pilots? E.g. can it be flown by a experience human teacher and a inexperienced human cadet and the control of the plane can be exchanged between both of them?

Over a year ago Oleg said about that:
Quote:
Can add Tiger Moth as a two seater training aricraft for all users. Means we plan to use this one for trainings for beginners as a basis. And probably for online training with real human teacher inside. We have real pilot(my great friend) who flew and can fly this aircraft in Australia that to make this one very close to real behavior.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
A dot can't be smaller than a pixel. Smaller resolutions gives you larger pixels. Therefore distant dots will always be larger at smaller resolutions.
Im not sure if U understood my question:

Imagine a situation where we have two 22 inch monitors, the native resolution, monitor number one is 1280x768, the monitor number two is 2560x1600

Both players run il2 In Those Resolutions - this is what I mean is that a player with a monitor number 2 has a much larger problem, for spoting enemy "dot"Because of pixel sizes in the monitor - unless he reduces the resolution, which creates its kind of a little paradox - we have the hardware to play at high resolution but reduce it in order to have an equal chance of spotting enemy (thiss happen online all time) - my question is whether the COD this problem will also exist, as in IL2: 1946?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Luthier,

sorry if his has been asked before but I can't find the answer.

How does the Spitfire and other aircraft land in CoD? In IL-2 the Spit and many other aircraft bounce around like a drunken turkey if the touchdown is only a fraction off, as if there is almost no compression in the gear. It's like nothing I have experienced in any other game/simulation.

Is it better in CoD?
I thought all that bouncing was just my rotten landing technique. I would dearly love to be able to do a 3 point landing in my Spit (as I can suspiciously easily in X-Plane). However slowly I manage to touch down unless the nose is at or below the horizon I bounce way up and then bend the prop.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatdudePL View Post
Im not sure if U understood my question:

Imagine a situation where we have two 22 inch monitors, the native resolution, monitor number one is 1280x768, the monitor number two is 2560x1600

Both players run il2 In Those Resolutions - this is what I mean is that a player with a monitor number 2 has a much larger problem, for spoting enemy "dot"Because of pixel sizes in the monitor - unless he reduces the resolution, which creates its kind of a little paradox - we have the hardware to play at high resolution but reduce it in order to have an equal chance of spotting enemy (thiss happen online all time) - my question is whether the COD this problem will also exist, as in IL2: 1946?

I think Luthier did understand but I really can't see the devs being able to do much about this. Can you imagine them having to add extra pixels to make the dot bigger but only for certain resolutions?
Closed Thread