1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
You seem to know your stuff winny, I'll take your word for it.

Out of interest, what kind of ammo do you think is leaving those smoke trails in the photo I posted?

I'm pretty sure they will be Mk IV incendiaries as they ignited on firing and burned on the way to the target leaving smoke trails. The later Mk VI 'De Wilde' ignited on impact and didn't leave a smoke trail.

The 'De Wilde' bullets were first issued in June 1940 and tested operationally in the air battles over Dunkirk. Their improved effectiveness, and the fact that the flash on impact indicated that the shooting was on target, was much appreciated by the pilots.
There was an initial shortage of these which is why I gave the 2 loadouts for BoB era. (I got my MkIV and VI's mixed up earlier!)
Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post
Yuk .
??

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
I'm pretty sure they will be Mk IV incendiaries as they ignited on firing and burned on the way to the target leaving smoke trails. The later Mk VI 'De Wilde' ignited on impact and didn't leave a smoke trail.

The 'De Wilde' bullets were first issued in June 1940 and tested operationally in the air battles over Dunkirk. Their improved effectiveness, and the fact that the flash on impact indicated that the shooting was on target, was much appreciated by the pilots.
There was an initial shortage of these which is why I gave the 2 loadouts for BoB era. (I got my MkIV and VI's mixed up earlier!)
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up winny.

I think a lot of us might be confusing the early incendiary with tracer rounds. Now I understand.

Cheers
Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM

I agree with those who found the crash impressive, but I must add that it should be the scattered pieces of wreckage that are smoking afterwards, not some neat little crater in the ground.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Nice find there, in this one the guy also shares his system specs in the youtube comment section:
core I5-650, 4GB DDR3 1600, AMD Radeon 6870. win7 x64. dx10 render. 4x AAA

It runs smooth enough and also has antialising enabled, so all the people who were worried about frame rates during the kiev and moscow shows can relax

so good that 3d marks put i5 at the same level that old Core2Quad intel.
the video card is very superior to my 5850,, snif! i dont gonna have that levels of graphics
and i ask to myself if i put anothers 4GBRAM DDR2 having a total of 8GBRAMDDR2 having 3200mhz will be the same of 4GBRAMDDR3 3200mhz???

snif

nice Bf109E, waiting for eastern conflict
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Well sorry, both videos had a crashing bomber and both impacts/explosions are rather underwhelming in my humble opinion.

These are explosions in Il-2 WITHOUT mods and now you tell me where the difference is.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up winny.

I think a lot of us might be confusing the early incendiary with tracer rounds. Now I understand.

Cheers
I'm quite hapy for someone to correct any of this btw. I got most of it from a book called 'Air Guns of WWII' which seems pretty reliable.

Purley out of interest here's a picture of the types of RAF .303 Ammo..

From left to right : Tracer, armour-piercing and B Mk VI incendiary (Dixon/De Wilde)
Old 02-14-2011, 02:17 PM

Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.
Oh wow!Thats a shame!!!Thanks for letting us know what happened.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM

I already wondered if this guy has the permission to post those videos.