1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
kalimba

Oleg is here...and is currently reading this thread...

Hello Oleg !

Exceptionnal work ! Thanks for everything...

Salute !
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimba View Post
Oleg is here...and is currently reading this thread...

Hello Oleg !

Exceptionnal work ! Thanks for everything...

Salute !
OMG, OMG, OMG somebody take a picture of me and this thread quick. Where are the paps when you need them. People, I think I'm about to faint .... We're not worthy, we're not worthy.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Hi Oleg!

Whatever is your choice, I must say you

****A-----B I G----T H A N K----Y O U *****

For the countless hours of fun, excitement, challenge, learning, friends-making that you gave me personally, in exchange of a miserable amount of money.

Sincerely,
6S.Insuber
Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM

it won't be the same with out Oleg at the helm he will be missed
Old 03-22-2011, 06:17 PM

Nothing but thanks from me too for all the hard work and free stuff over the years! hope its not true but if so good luck with your future projects whatever they are!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:18 PM

Default True story

The true is that I'm still involved in a game industry. Still with sims.

However I'm thinking what to do next. One way I found. Another in research. All ways based on advanced gaming technologies.
I see real feature of gaming idustry, where also Mac take some part together with PC and concoles will be on a separate side or on the same if only they may have some still uniquie features of PC....

But where I don't see any great interests at the moment in the tablets and mobiles.

Some say that all should go for iOS... its a mistake. Some say that PC is died - its more greater mistake. Some say that only consoles may bring profit... that is also mistake (its not a mistake if the speech is about non so complex products that are going for the one time release without long life on the market).

For the stand alone products that are done only for PC, that have no analogs, that are the best, that are even in its only own small niche - there is the way to get income that to go forward.

Hope someone undertands my thoughs.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 PM

yes i understand. And agree with you. glad your still around!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Oleg, thanks for these explanations!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM

I agree that (if I am understanding you correctly) that the gamin industry in general has become short sighted and only concerns itself with the first few weeks sales for a new IP, and never really consider the profitability of a product over time. I personally can't stand the trend for making a big title and then releasing all these nickel and dime DLCs (a few a month) for the first few months and then all support for the game just drops. They drained the gamer of their money and now they are done.

I can't even recall how many copies I've bought of Il-2 + add-ons over the years, but I never once felt cheated. You kept support for the game up, and always added something new. It is an IP I've spent more on than any other game hands down. Worth every penny every time.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 PM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanneG View Post
OMG, OMG, OMG somebody take a picture of me and this thread quick. Where are the paps when you need them. People, I think I'm about to faint .... We're not worthy, we're not worthy.
Didn't like my response to your other juvinile-bad-taste-kind-of-a-bad-joke in your other thread HanneG ?

You'll get over it....