1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

I'm running 285.38 beta but haven't noticed any great improvements from 285.27 beta. Hopefully when or if we get optimisation officially for Sli, things may improve. At the moment all of us using "multi graphics cards" are trying a "work around" to get the best we can. Still getting some "micro stutters" no matter what I have tried so far, still working on it. I'm getting better fps with Sli as compared to single card (almost double) but the odd "micro stutters" are annoying, seem to be worse until the cards reach full operating temps (about 57--59deg) after that hardly noticeable.

Rick
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
I'm running the beta drivers (clean install) with the beta patch (from a clean install) and it makes no difference whatsoever (GTX580). Still get stutters at low level (even with lowered settings) and awful slowdown with flame/smoke effects etc. Good framerates generally......just the micro stutters which are the main problem really. Plays Rise of Flight smooth as silk though, with excellent frame rates.

I wouldn't buy another thing 'for' this sim......its the crap unoptimised code that is to blame (which Ilya has essentially admitted) and you can't really buy your way out the problem; if you try to atm, you have more money than sense.

They are trying to fix it though to be fair, so we'll see.

EDIT: HANG FIRE! I'm actually using the 285.27 BETA drivers, NOT the 287.36, so my mistake (didn't realise a new BETA had come out). I'll give this a try and report back, hope it does better. Cheers.

EDIT II: Should I go for the .36 or .38? Since there is a good report for .36 I reckon I'll try that first.
Sorry, I had the wrong info in the OP Im using 285.38

285.38 Beta Driver has my game running spectacular

Last edited by katdogfizzow; 10-04-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdogfizzow View Post
285.38 is the required driver for Battlefield 3 to run on my rig, so I installed it.

I then checked my new performance on CoD and I have the best performance yet 35-40 fps over London with bombers "feels like 6o" haha and smooth as silk. I'm even able to record now at a solid 30fps with no hiccups

sim is running great

EDIT 10/4/2011 Subject Title should read 285.38 Sorry
Please note. I just ran GPU-z to confirm my driver and noticed it was this later version. I was given the wrong info .
285.38 Beta Driver has my game running spectacular
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 AM

please notice
that you will see a difference if your previous drivers was from 275 family
as i was running the 275.33 and not the last official one 285.27
Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
please notice
that you will see a difference if your previous drivers was from 275 family
as i was running the 275.33 and not the last official one 285.27
I am running a 460 GTX and have just upgraded the driver from the 275 family to the latest beta and WOW ... massive difference. Much, much smoother, very few stutters AND the exhaust flames are now way more visible and much better looking. A massive, massive improvement.

PPP
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

I was unable to get through the "Black Death" track without a lockup and crash until installing 285.38.

It's now running with everything maxed out, worth setting up and trying out the game now.

Looking forward to the patch (haven't tried the beta).

Cheers,

T_T.
i7 870 2.93 GHz (@3.9GHz)
Antec Kuhler h2o 920
8 Gb's Patriot Viper II 1600MHz RAM
Asus EnGTX780
Corsair HX1000W PSU
CH Fighterstick and Pro Pedals
TrackIR4 +ProClip
Cooler Master 932 HAF Case
Logitech G110 Keyboard
Asus VH242 24" LCD
Win7 Pro 64Bit on 120GB SSD Drive
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Can confirm some improvements my end on a GTX580. Definite FPS increase on Black death track, and less (though by no means eliminated) stutter. Another bonus is that when switching from 'wide' view to 'zoom' (30dg) there is no longer a massive pause/stutter (it seems to be that 'textures' or whatever are loading when this happens), the transition is smoother.

Better, but still not there yet......and definitely not 'spectacular' lol. I'm hopeful that along with (tonights?) new patch, we might be getting there.

Thing is, it can be done ( I had fantastic 35 FPS performance over London at roof top level with everything maxed out with an earlier beta version) its just a matter of nailing it down for everyone, probably not an easy task.

Good luck.