1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Necro Call Resurrect Undead with Necromancy Skill Implemented!

Okay, I've implemented the switch from using Resurrection to using Necro Call to resurrect (permanently reanimate) your Undead troops - screenies are attached below.

This was a lot of effort and very tricky to implement!

The way it works is:
  • If you don't get the Necromancy Skill then it works same as before.
  • If you do get the Necromancy Skill then:
    • If the target is an allied Undead unit or corpse, it resurrects a certain amount of Undead based on spell power and your reanimation percent. This encourages you to max out your Necromancy Skill, otherwise your Undead resurrect power will be much lower than the animate power.
      • Necromancy Skill Level 1 - Reanimation Percent: 10-20%
      • Necromancy Skill Level 2 - Reanimation Percent: 30-50%
      • Necromancy Skill Level 3 - Reanimation Percent: 60-100%
    • If the target is not an allied Undead unit (or corpse) then it works the same way it did before.
See the screenies, and you'll see.

This will be provided in the next update...

/C\/C\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Necro Call Spell - Without Necromancy.jpg (62.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Necromancy Skill - Level 1.jpg (137.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Necro Call Spell - With Necromancy.jpg (88.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Necro Call Spell - Cast Hint.jpg (117.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Necro Call Spell - After Cast Log.jpg (39.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Cool Alpha Test and you might be in the Credits!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the developing is still ongoing, but I've only really gotten two Alpha testers to date:

Fatt_Shade
Erkilmarl

Since they've both provided me with feedback, I've put them in the credits as alpha testers, so if you want a chance to join them, then be an Alpha tester and provide feedback!

The screenie is attached below.

/C\/C\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Credits.jpg (740.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Hurray for us
I`m back home, with some time to spare so i`ll try last paladin game in your mod. So far i tested warrior with almost all wives, and mage with 4 wives no problems(didnt finish it, but i got in orc lands so i guess no problems later).
I vote for you uploading your mod, for public and see how will it behave in mass usage. And move to changing your work for AP/CW, it`s new year start it productively
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

I finally reinstall the game in english, so i can test your mod now.

I have forget there so many battle in the legend, but well what i have found :

- Evil book (of enemy hero) are way way too powerfull: they shoot way to hard. And i found they got too many HP.

- Royal thorn summon too fast. You should keep the old values.

- Gift of life is a new interesting feature. I use it often and don't got any bug.

- Change in the mage tree are welcome. But the paladin tree is still uninteresting.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

@saroumana It deppends on enemy hero, and how far in game are you now. Evil book depends on hero intellect, in spells and hp/resistances etc so plan well your army/items before battle with high int enemy heroes. And if you think mid game is hard, wait for 42 int necromancer hero in death lands, or Baal with his demon portal (2x8 archdemons per turn).
Plant summoning was interesting to use before Matt limited it (check my post 116, on 12th page here 1 million dmg, could do double with blackthorn crown.
This mod is hard to play no loss, but no1 says it`s obligatory to play that way. But it very interesting to try all new combinations for units, with children bonuses. Have fun playing
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Glad you're playing - you'll be in the credits, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
I finally reinstall the game in english, so i can test your mod now.
I'm really sorry we couldn't figure out how to get the French version working - maybe we'll try again in the future.

Glad you're playing!

Quote:
- Evil book (of enemy hero) are way way too powerfull: they shoot way to hard. And i found they got too many HP.
I actually like how powerful they are - they are very useful now, whereas before they were pretty useless. Plus, you'll find their weakness soon enough and then they won't be much of a problem...

Quote:
- Royal thorn summon too fast. You should keep the old values.
See how it goes - the reloadable value I've found to be really good when the AI uses it against you, but have not seen the player's perspective so you may be right. Thorns do die easily, though...

Quote:
- Gift of life is a new interesting feature. I use it often and don't got any bug.
Sounds good - I really like that there is a resurrection possibility for Plants now so they are a viable option to play.

Quote:
- Change in the mage tree are welcome. But the paladin tree is still uninteresting.
Yah, I'm still working on the Paladin tree right now to help it out some more.

If you look at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=127 you'll see that Keeper of Light now is a "Light" troop Dark Commander equivalent and I've broken up the +1 Morale to All bonus from Tolerance level 2 to be individual race bonuses in the Diplomacy skill although now I don't have +1 Morale to all humans, so I may keep that as part of Tolerance (i.e. +1 Morale to human troops).

As far as other Paladin skills - do you have any ideas? I'm thinking about how the Might tree has all these good attack (and defense for that matter) bonuses, I've been thinking that since the Paladin centers on defense to try to get a very modest resist all bonus (i.e. maybe a 2, 5, and 10% resist all bonus) somewhere in his tree. Also, I think if you play Paladin, you'll see that the Holy Anger and Runic Stone skills now have some really good bonuses there (but that's for Paladin only).

So if you have any thoughts for improving the Paladin tree skills as other classes can get let me know.

Thanks for the comments - you'll be in the credits!

As an aside, I am very close to transitioning the mod to the beta phase where I'll put a link up on the forum for people to download it.

I've now checked the ArchDemon from the player's perspective and fixed some minor issues with it so that it now works great!

I've also changed the Crystal of Darkness so that it is much more interesting and powerful so that the General Karrador battle is tougher and more interesting, but I've got one more issue to resolve that I haven't been able to figure out yet with respect to the change I've made there so that is really the only thing preventing me from going forward...

My weekend time for the next several weeks is going to be severely limited and so I'm doing my best in the time I have to transition the mod to the beta phase where it will be available for download.

I think all I need to do is resolve the Crystal of Darkness issue and it'll be ready, which I hope to be able to figure out soon pending how much time I can devote to it.

/C\/C\
Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

About your idea to move defense bonuses to mind skill tree :
how about all attack bonuses go to might skill tree (training/iron fist give att/unit lvl not att&def, in mind tree remove att/def bonuses for magic units & undead but give them all maybe bonus all resistances, +2/5/10 per skill lvl. And move all def bonuses in mind tree. As you said paladin is oriented to protecting his army so give some mind skill +def. Or something in that area, every hero class have it`s area of influence give paladin protection, warrior attack, mage specializes in magic/undead.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Great points!

Yah, these are great ideas - Start Defense seems more a Paladin skill than a Warrior skill and I've been thinking of moving it over to the Mind tree.

I was also thinking of a Defense counterpart to Frenzy althought the mechanism for its application would seem to be different than for Frenzy, but I can't really think of a good one right now. I'd have to rearrange some of the Paladin skills to make way for Start Defense and possibly one other, but there is plenty of room in the Paladin's skill tree.

I'll think about this some more...

By the way, I'm currently working on the Phoenix's Sacrifice. Here's the current train of thought:

Resurrect any allied unit (except Undead) limited by the level of the Phoenix, so Young Phoenix can resurrect up to level 3 and sacrifice its life, Mature Phoenix, level 4, etc. I also have been thinking of an anti-animate dead component, kind of like how Bartholemew Bart came back from the dead to be living from the blood of the Phoenix so if you cast it on an Undead unit, it would become a random living unit (so a Bone Dragon would become either a Black, Red, or Green Dragon as an example) - this would be the exact opposite of Animate Dead (or Necro Call) and it could be cast on enemies, I guess.

Anyway, that's just a thought...

/C\/C\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
About your idea to move defense bonuses to mind skill tree :
how about all attack bonuses go to might skill tree (training/iron fist give att/unit lvl not att&def, in mind tree remove att/def bonuses for magic units & undead but give them all maybe bonus all resistances, +2/5/10 per skill lvl. And move all def bonuses in mind tree. As you said paladin is oriented to protecting his army so give some mind skill +def. Or something in that area, every hero class have it`s area of influence give paladin protection, warrior attack, mage specializes in magic/undead.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

Defense counterpart to frenzy, like knight/black knight steel armor talent ? Or like every time you ill enemy stack, auto stone skin is cast ?
As for phoenix sacrifice great job, hope to see it finished soon. But i dont catch about resurrecting living units, do you plan it to make new spell, or when you want to use phoenix sacrifice on corpse on battle field to bring to life stack of units to fight on your side ?
Did you decide to put mod for dl, because i`we been advetiseing it on other forun treads For expl here ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27964 ) your mod will solve most exploits WhiteMage is complaining about.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post

I actually like how powerful they are - they are very useful now, whereas before they were pretty useless. Plus, you'll find their weakness soon enough and then they won't be much of a problem...
I hope, really. I was level 7 or 8 when i fight them the first time. They ANNIHILITED my army. They nuke harder than my hero, not a bit more but two time harder. it's simple, they nuke my unit and the entire stack die...
I found it's a bit too much Some spell were worst than evil book, Call of nature per example.

Quote:
See how it goes - the reloadable value I've found to be really good when the AI uses it against you, but have not seen the player's perspective so you may be right. Thorns do die easily, though...
Right but they're powerfull, and they can even res now.

Quote:
Yah, I'm still working on the Paladin tree right now to help it out some more.

If you look at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=127 you'll see that Keeper of Light now is a "Light" troop Dark Commander equivalent and I've broken up the +1 Morale to All bonus from Tolerance level 2 to be individual race bonuses in the Diplomacy skill although now I don't have +1 Morale to all humans, so I may keep that as part of Tolerance (i.e. +1 Morale to human troops).

As far as other Paladin skills - do you have any ideas? I'm thinking about how the Might tree has all these good attack (and defense for that matter) bonuses, I've been thinking that since the Paladin centers on defense to try to get a very modest resist all bonus (i.e. maybe a 2, 5, and 10% resist all bonus) somewhere in his tree. Also, I think if you play Paladin, you'll see that the Holy Anger and Runic Stone skills now have some really good bonuses there (but that's for Paladin only).

So if you have any thoughts for improving the Paladin tree skills as other classes can get let me know.
The resist idea is a good one.
my proposal :

-suppress racial morale penality
-add a third spell for priest class (priest,inquisitor,druid, paladin ?)
- permit undead to morale bonus (they are boosted in the warrior and mage tree)
-add one the final : knight---> paladin
-a shield which reduce dommage like in crossworld