1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
Could you tell if in coming patch will be also FM/DM improvements or it would be leave for another patch? And what with collision with trees?
I don't have the latest information from the Ilya on these issues, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
what type of control over these vehicles will there be ? single vehicle, groupd of vehicles in one unit with AI commands, or is it all under scripted AI control with a single player vehicle we can hop into ?

will we be able to control single artillery pieces and batteries of artillery as a unit to ?
We still have not decided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Do we have an ETA of the patch Blacksix?
I can not understand what the "ETA"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post
Any plans to develop infantry units too and for example paratroopers jumping from Ju-52s invading England, pilots able to enter and exit planes, possibility to get rescued by some friendly unit?
Infantry - this is a very heavy load on the engine and FPS, it's a big question.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
I can not understand what the "ETA"?
Estimated time of arrival, B6

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM

Thanks BS!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:49 PM

well i like it a lot, looks like a whole lot of fun! sounds like the patch is progreeing well, any info regarding the FM work that has been done, the CTD bugs, trees being a solid object, and lastly the radio coms functionality?
As i said before i am really looking forward to the chance to play as part of the ground forces, but do trust that none of this is taking away from the work required on the core sim.

thanks for the steady flow of updates guys!
Craig
Old 02-24-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Love how when someone suggest that they work on alternate MP modes or more content people scream that they want more aircraft, and the devs should only focus on the Flight model and patching the graphics engine.

But show a video about something totally unrelated to flying or the patch and people fall over themselves to give the first "+1" or "thanks devs".

+1 ....absolutly

Last edited by Peacetone; 02-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 PM

Another funny video of tanks.
Thanks team!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Love how when someone suggest that they work on alternate MP modes or more content people scream that they want more aircraft, and the devs should only focus on the Flight model and patching the graphics engine.

But show a video about something totally unrelated to flying or the patch and people fall over themselves to give the first "+1" or "thanks devs".
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Pardon me but am i the only one who goes....WTF?

Adding a half-baked vehicle sim to this WIP aircraft sim doesn't make it any better for me. Would be OK if i knew there are enough resources on the development side to pull it through, but for the last couple of years it looked like development of this game was chronically short of manpower.

What can we expect in the end, an arcade game that has a little bit of everything in it, so that everybody can buy it, play for a month and trash it?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don View Post
But I want to point it out one more time: What about tree collision?? We really need this feature
This problem will be solved in the future, I do not know the specific dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
2 questions:

-does scoring work differently for tanks etc?

-would it be possible first to drive or be a passanger in a tank/vehicle, exit it near air field, enter a plane and continue playing as pilot? I think this would make some great missions possible (even if knowing how to drive a tank and fly a plane wouldn't be too common IRL
1) we have not thought about it
2) out of the car - not sure
most likely it will be done in the same way as the transition from the plane to the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
Estimated time of arrival, B6
Thank you)
It all depends on the programmers, perhaps in the next few days.
Ilya still does not say anything to me about it...
Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM

Recruiting Soon!
Closed Thread