1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Hey Matt in your latest update i found a bit of problem :
in every item upgrade/suppress battle all towers have 200 HP, no matter what item, or what lvl it is.
Also new function that gives enemy units stats depending of location (longer you play, enemy get stronger) is a bit much. I found cannoners with 13 initiative and 40 att/def and they weren`t even with enemy hero, just normal enemy stack in Taron mines (cannoners just example, all enemy units had +80-100% stats, it`s to much ).
Old 01-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation I'll looking into these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
in every item upgrade/suppress battle all towers have 200 HP, no matter what item, or what lvl it is.
Hmmm... didn't change this part of the code to my knowledge, but possibly another change must have somehow affected it.

I'll look into it.

Quote:
Also new function that gives enemy units stats depending of location (longer you play, enemy get stronger) is a bit much. I found cannoners with 13 initiative and 40 att/def and they weren`t even with enemy hero, just normal enemy stack in Taron mines (cannoners just example, all enemy units had +80-100% stats, it`s to much ).
Hmmm... either I implemented it wrong or the bonus is too high. The difficulty bonus + the map difficulty bonus should be between 125 to 150% (before I implemented this it was a flat 125%) for impossible and less for other difficulty levels. I know I checked the value in the hint and it was correct, but I didn't check the unit values so maybe I made an error where it actually applied the bonus. I'll look into this some more and get both of these fixed...

Thanks!

/C\/C\
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Big whoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
-GHOST
attack 83
defense 40 (protected at 95% for physical,poison,magic)
initiative 12
speed 12
health 124
dommage 12-24

- Dark knight
attack 116
defense 77 (protected at 92% for physical, 95% poison)
initiative 9
speed 6
health 496
dommage 40-52
Rising anger at 9 after one hit.

-Skeleton archer
attack 14
defense 6 (protected at 11% fire / 95% poison)
initiative 12
speed 6
health 24
dommage 4-7

edit : Ok it affect also other enemy unit (not mine). Their speed is increased, their health and dammage too (less than undead though). I must admit i can't win any battle now.
This is the same problem as Fatt_Shade reported above - I checked the implementation of the bonus and I messed it up!

Sorry! Will fix ASAP...

Thanks for reporting this!

/C\/C\
Old 01-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Fixed Critical Error in latest update

Okay - these issues are now fixed in the latest update!

Thanks for pointing this out to me - I'll do a better job in the future to make sure I debug new features fully.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
Humm i found a bug. I fight undead into a cemetery.No hero with them. This is their characteristic

-GHOST
attack 83
defense 40 (protected at 95% for physical,poison,magic)
initiative 12
speed 12
health 124
dommage 12-24

- Dark knight
attack 116
defense 77 (protected at 92% for physical, 95% poison)
initiative 9
speed 6
health 496
dommage 40-52
Rising anger at 9 after one hit.

-Skeleton archer
attack 14
defense 6 (protected at 11% fire / 95% poison)
initiative 12
speed 6
health 24
dommage 4-7

edit : Ok it affect also other enemy unit (not mine). Their speed is increased, their health and dammage too (less than undead though). I must admit i can't win any battle now.
This next issue is okay because the item levels are most likely low - I tried it out with higher level items and it worked as intended... I'll check some more items though to make sure that it is not a problem...

By the way, the only item I've found so far is Steel Boots -> Spiked Boots. The leadership of the Tower's allies were such that the Tower Health would only be 173, but it is clipped at 200. I'm sure there are other items that are low level like the Steel Boots upgrade, but they are probably limited to the level 1 items as a guess...

Quote:

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 01-17-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Added item where Tower health is 200
Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

About towers i try to upgrade archemage staff and had 5 towers with 200hp, and i`m sure that 5th lvl items should have a bit stronger towers
I dont know what caused problem with towers in item battles, but i returned arena_tower and arena_tower_1 files form your previous mod version and it works OK as before.
Other things you changed work with no problems, gj with update
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Question Hmmm... strange...

Wow this is strange... I just tried it with the Archmage Staff and their health is 4400!

So, maybe there is an issue with file versions or something in the archives...

What is interesting is you simply reverted the ATOMs and it worked so I'll check there first.

We'll get to the bottom of this!

/C\/C\

Quote:
About towers i try to upgrade archemage staff and had 5 towers with 200hp, and i`m sure that 5th lvl items should have a bit stronger towers
I dont know what caused problem with towers in item battles, but i returned arena_tower and arena_tower_1 files form your previous mod version and it works OK as before.
Other things you changed work with no problems, gj with update
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Great news about getting this for AP/CW finally I was swamped with work lately, but hope to see soon alpha version of mod, and try to help bug proofing it.
Aside from getting bunch new items in game - tomes (kids form the Legend), spells, stronger heroes which worked great in previous mod, what did you plan to do regarding medals/pet dragon in AP/CW ? That part is different from original tL.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Still thinking about Pet and Medals...

Yah, I hear ya.

Your help debugging / playtesting will be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure about the medals and the pet dragon, but I want to make the pet dragons more unique between each other as far as abilities are concerned. I'm not sure if it is doable or not, but that's the general idea.

With respect to the medals, I'm just going to take some of the comments mentioned in the forum and go from there.

/C\/C\
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, not sure if these are bugs in the mod, or something with my setup:

1) When I travel to between continents, my hero's rage does not decrease to zero. It may drop a few points, but then it continues to slowly decrease as normal, per time going by.

2) I married Gerda and decided to test the babies. I navigated the dialogue and was told to just wait and the baby would show up. I left the game running for 16 days of game time, but no baby. I wanted to test what would happen to her items, so I left all four equipped.

I thought perhaps I had the wrong babies file, so I removed .eng and copied in .en and restarted the game. It hung at the load screen, so I copied things back the way they were and it loaded fine. But still no babies.

Everything else seems to be fine and I'm enjoying the changes you've made - the enemy stacks are significantly more vicious and intelligent (though they still have an unnatural desire to attack the Ice Ball). Just can't get the babies to be born...

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, KBTL version 7 (from GOG games)

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

@SirWhiskers
1) What you mean travelnig between continents ? Some parts are connected by normal passages, not like islands in AP/CW. You lose rage only when traveling with boat to other islands, or dirigible to elf/dwarf lands.
2) You wont get kid with time passing, but after every 10 battle fought married to same wife. So to get 4 kids you need to fight 40 battles with Gerda (suppressing items doesnt count !!!).
Have fun, and enjoy this great mod